You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My MTT diary

2»

Comments

• edited October 2013
    finished 17th out of 500+ runners in the last tourny, only got a profit of $10 to show for it though haha.
  • edited October 2013
    Played well again tonight in the 3 MTTs i played, first one i got knocked out in the middle stages standard flip 10s v AK which i lost. In the tourny i finished 17th last night, i finished 60th tonight just 12 of the money, was pretty unlucky running AQ into aces near the bubble but oh well lol. Finally i cashed in the $2.20 tourny with over 6500+ players, finished 766th for just a min-cash, got knocked out with KK v AQ, ace on the river again its never on the flop bloody hell haha.
  • edited October 2013

Seems that you know what you are doing v the majority of the field - in which case it might be worth considering what you are getting it in with in early/mid stages of a tourney.

You might need to tighten up - why take a preflop flip in early/mid stages when you can get paid off when you hit flops good?

E.g. when chip lead - why get it in with JJ pre against someone who could seriously hurt your stack? You ended up flipping and could have been a huge dog? The KT at the end was just ul.

Obviously latter stages you will usually need to win some flips to reach the top spots.

I would suggest on a loose all-in happy table - only call with AA/KK - you will still get knocked out sometimes but you will obviously be going in very good most of the time.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: My MTT diary:
    Seems that you know what you are doing v the majority of the field - in which case it might be worth considering what you are getting it in with in early/mid stages of a tourney. You might need to tighten up - why take a preflop flip in early/mid stages when you can get paid off when you hit flops good? E.g. when chip lead - why get it in with JJ pre against someone who could seriously hurt your stack? You ended up flipping and could have been a huge dog? The KT at the end was just ul. Obviously latter stages you will usually need to win some flips to reach the top spots. I would suggest on a loose all-in happy table - only call with AA/KK - you will still get knocked out sometimes but you will obviously be going in very good most of the time.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I do play really tight at the early stages lol probably too tight to be honest, i've folded AQs and pocket 9s and 10s utg before in the early stages, and i never look to get it all in pre-flop with hands like JJ or AK, with QQ, KK and AA i will always look to get it in pre with those hands no matter what stage it is (with the exception of QQ if there has been a lot of action beforehand then i can get away from it lol)

Don't know what hand you're referring to when i got it all in pre-flop with jacks in the early stages i can't remember that ever happening lol. Maybe it was the hand i flopped a set of jacks after just calling a 3bet pre and they hit broadway with their AK to take me out?

When the blinds go up to the 75/150-100/200 level and there are antes in play (which is like the 7th level or so) i start being more aggresive especially in position to try and isolate limpers and steal blinds etc, try and build a stack but it doesn't always work out obviously haha.

Anyway i'm not playing at all tonight, fancied a day off lol
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: My MTT diary:
    In Response to Re: My MTT diary : I do play really tight at the early stages lol probably too tight to be honest, i've folded AQs and pocket 9s and 10s utg before in the early stages, and i never look to get it all in pre-flop with hands like JJ or AK, with QQ, KK and AA i will always look to get it in pre with those hands no matter what stage it is (with the exception of QQ if there has been a lot of action beforehand then i can get away from it lol) Don't know what hand you're referring to when i got it all in pre-flop with jacks in the early stages i can't remember that ever happening lol. Maybe it was the hand i flopped a set of jacks after just calling a 3bet pre and they hit broadway with their AK to take me out? When the blinds go up to the 75/150-100/200 level and there are antes in play (which is like the 7th level or so) i start being more aggresive especially in position to try and isolate limpers and steal blinds etc, try and build a stack but it doesn't always work out obviously haha. Anyway i'm not playing at all tonight, fancied a day off lol
    Posted by skeg01
    Sounds good to me. The JJ hand may have been later in tourney but even so I wouldn't be risking half my stack from chip lead with JJ pre. Obviously its a snap call/easy shove v a short-stack.

Was chip leader for a while before i lost half my stack losing a flip with jacks,
    Posted by skeg01