You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lady luck,rigged or just favour chip leader?

Comments

• edited October 2013
    and has for poeple saying sky rigged sometimes it is because wen I was the chip leader I was owning players with  A/10 a/j etc finished 3rd in a freeole tourney with 400 players, was on friday(not bad) but I was chip leader until I made 1 error with 10/3 hit 2 pair as well but lost to a fullhouse

my top cards was holding out etc

this post is a brag but i do think sky does favor the chip leader 

won £5,50 on Friday 1st Tourney i won money in not bad maybe depsoit again
  • edited October 2013
    If Sky favoured the chip leader, how would anyone else ever become the chip leader?
  • edited October 2013
    is this not obvious?!

you don't become chip leader by being unlucky?! so of course the chip leader has had favourable luck to (a) get to be chip leader and (b) stay there.

It's a bit like saying sky doesn't favour the guys who lose all their chips?!  

Just replace the word "sky" with "lady luck" and you'll be closer to what's really going on!
  • edited October 2013
    Was Sky ''rigged'' when you won that tournament on Friday then?

No wait, I get it. It's rigged when you bust a tournament, but it's fine when you win one.
  • edited October 2013
    read my post i finished 3rd did i say it was rigged. I just said sky might favor chip leader anything wrong with that?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to lady luck,rigged or just favour chip leader?:
    and has for poeple saying sky rigged sometimes it is because wen I was the chip leader I was owning players with  A/10 a/j etc finished 3rd in a freeole tourney with 400 players, was on friday(not bad) but I was chip leader until I ade 1 error with 10/3 hit 2 pair as well but lost to a fullhouse my top cards was holding out etc this post is a brag but i do think sky does favor the chip leader  won £5,50 on Friday 1st Tourney i won money in not bad maybe depsoit again
    Posted by imtoogoo26
    Right here.
  • edited October 2013
    might be not sure... ^
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: lady luck,rigged or just favour chip leader?:
    In Response to lady luck,rigged or just favour chip leader? : Right here.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Funniest thing I've read on here for a long time! :D
  • edited October 2013

In Response to lady luck,rigged or just favour chip leader?:
    and has for poeple saying sky rigged sometimes it is because wen I was the chip leader I was owning players with  A/10 a/j etc finished 3rd in a freeole tourney with 400 players, was on friday(not bad) but I was chip leader until I ade 1 error with 10/3 hit 2 pair as well but lost to a fullhouse my top cards was holding out etc this post is a brag but i do think sky does favor the chip leader  won £5,50 on Friday 1st Tourney i won money in not bad maybe depsoit again
    Posted by imtoogoo26

Well they didn't favour you when you lost the chip lead.

• edited October 2013
    this is not a bad beat just saying wen I was chip leader was owning shet card etc normally i would lose.....
  • edited October 2013
    if some had brains they would be dangerous
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to lady luck,rigged or just favour chip leader? : Well they didn't favour you when you lost the chip lead.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lolololololololol
  • edited October 2013
    read my post i finished 3rd did i say it was rigged. I just said sky might favor chip leader anything wrong with that?
    Posted by imtoogoo26
    Yes...you're talking bolloxx
  • edited October 2013
    this is not a bad beat just saying wen I was chip leader was owning shet card etc normally i would lose.....
    Posted by imtoogoo26
    I will come back to you with my considered thoughts, once I've translated your post
  • edited October 2013
    friendly community lol? 

I love reading same old comment threads about chip leaders,wins with shet cards not only me then who says it xD. Like I said prevous post this a brag cause I finished 3rd in a freeole not to moan and it's advice to who ever get the chance to be the chip leader like I did 
  • edited October 2013

If its “lady luck” then the poor woman is being overworked.
  • edited October 2013
    friendly community lol?  I love reading same old comment threads about chip leaders,wins with shet cards not only me then who says it xD. Like I said prevous post this a brag cause I finished 3rd in a freeole not to moan and it's advice to who ever get the chance to be the chip leader like I did 
    Posted by imtoogoo26
    So,your advice to players is......."get the chip lead,call everyone's all ins with.."shet" cards, and they will win"?
    (Or at least come 3rd in a freeroll.
    I eagerly await your next piece of poker advice,
  • edited October 2013
    wow you can read english very wp
    tell me your poker advice then if u got anything?
    your all moaning cause i said it's favourite the chip leader you know i'm right.
    all these new players losing they money from it with playing good cards against shet cards. 
    keep those shet comments comming
  • edited October 2013
    I think it is very sound advice to try to become the chip leader. I am going to try it and see if my luck improves.
  • edited October 2013
    I'll agree with you if you stop writing "shet"
    Deal?
  • edited October 2013
    I'll agree with you if you stop writing "shet" Deal?
    Posted by Jac35
    +1
  • edited October 2013
    I'll agree with you if you stop writing "shet"
    Deal?
    Posted by Jac35
    .. or at least write the whole sentence in this bizarre new language, for example -

E'll agroo weth yii ef yii stip wreting "shet"
    Doal?

• edited October 2013
    Not sure why everyone here is arguing - it is already well established that Sky Poker is rigged, just like the EuroMillions lottery draws, the Football pools, that job interview I went for last week and didn't get - oh, and life itself.
  • edited October 2013
    aleast new players agree with me random d@cks thinks it's not sorry about the swearing
    i would post some hands i had wen chip leader but cba

1 hand was aj vs 99
    guest wat i hit 2 pair well then cya it's not rigged then....
  • edited October 2013
    aleast new players agree with me random d@cks thinks it's not sorry about the swearing i would post some hands i had wen chip leader but cba 1 hand was aj vs 99 guest wat i hit 2 pair well then cya it's not rigged then....
    Posted by imtoogoo26
    Jesus Christ get a grip! It's bloody poker! You were outdrawn in a freeroll, boohoo. Try bricking £800 worth of tournaments in 4 weeks, in prep for the biggest ever UKOPS festival. There are hundreds of hands I could post in here from recent weeks, but I grasp the concept of poker. You don't.

Close the door on the way out.

• edited October 2013
    i made 1 mistake and football was on i wanted to lose 3rd place wasn't bad but still my fact is chip leader wins everytime wen all in. I  even saw few hands on tv like a10 vs qj etc and qj would win..../3 10 the other day against AK,3 10 hit his straight 
  • edited October 2013
    i made 1 mistake and football was on i wanted to lose 3rd place wasn't bad but still my fact is chip leader wins everytime wen all in. I  even saw few hands on tv like a10 vs qj etc and qj would win..../3 10 the other day against AK,3 10 hit his straight 
    Posted by imtoogoo26
    You are a lost cause. 
  • edited October 2013

imtoogoo

have you ever considered the well known all in situation AK v QQ preflop because that man is a very common all in situation and I can tell you now the winners of that hand is a coin flip in itself, just put in pokerstove AK v QQ and you'll find out AK wins  43%( 46% if suited) and the QQ will win 53%

really it's not much different with AK v 10 3 AK-69% 10 3-30%

the 10 3 here is in the same spot as AK is in when it faces QQ, in other words it needs to hit a 10 or 3. the only added benefit for the AK is, unlike when the AK goes ahead versus QQ here if 10 3 went ahead OTF the AK has got a minimum of 6 cards that would put AK back infront again(providing 10 3 only got 1 pair OTF) whereas QQ only has 2 cards to go back infront when AK goes ahead.

• edited October 2013
    WOW

I think the OP might be onto something here. I've gone back over some hand histories and I can see a pattern emerging. And interestingly it is only the chipleader that has it. Would be interested if some of you know it all regs could check your histories as well.

What I've discovered is that when short stacks lose a flip they often get knocked out of the tournament. But when the chipleader does he always stays in. Never can I see an occasion when he gets knocked out - not one - zippo. 

Weird eh.
  • edited October 2013
    I would find it quite flattering that Sky had rigged the site specifically for me to lose my flips.