You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's live show on 861 & SS4 - with Richard & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***)

13»

Comments

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show on 861 & SS4 - with Richard & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    The difference between you and Orford? errrrrmmmm....
    Posted by gazza127
    Just kidding james... i mean rich.

Good to hear there wasnt a whole lot I could do about the Primo hand, although I feel his shove is polarising which is why I was dissapointed I didnt get away.  He either has nothing (unlikely given action) or he has one of the many hands which crushes me (AA,QQ,1010,AQ and KJ).  Its the reason I took so long to call.

Suppose thats just poker eh?

Have a great show, you're much better than that orford bloke... i mean james.
  • edited October 2013
    Good Evening Richard and Redmond.

Rich - I hope the interview went well.

When I turned over I thought Sky 861 was showing Reservoir Dogs !

Three things you need for a Poker session.

1) Shiraz
    2) Chargrilled lamb, shaped into an elephants leg and carved, served in a Pitta with Salad and lemon juice, topped with chilli sauce.
    3) Cojones - The ability to recognise and call a bluff.  Sometimes.

Have a good one chaps.

Regards

Pen Fifteen
  • edited October 2013
    I just hear my name on the show, what did Richard say? Something about my hand?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show on 861 & SS4 - with Richard & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    I just hear my name on the show, what did Richard say? Something about my hand?
    Posted by Jack3010
    I don't think they'll be able to show your hand. It sounds like it was from a non-TV table.

If you look in the lobby you'll see some tournies and cash tables have a little TV symbol next to them. Only hands from those tables can be shown.

If you are in the main or mini event tonight, you can send a hand ID from one of those in... Don't just bang in any hold hand ID, though. Make sure it's an interesting one.

If you need to check if that satellite was a TV table, you should be able to see it still in your "My tables" section, under "My Sky Poker" at the top of this page.
  • edited October 2013
    Who does Richard and Redmond support football wise? 
  • edited October 2013
    I posted another hand in clinic if youre chatting just to kill time!

(seems like it ;) )
  • edited October 2013

Just had to laugh at Richard mentioning "One of those grey areas" talking about the AK AQ KQ hand.  

Someone give him a mirror please ;)
  • edited October 2013
    the grey hair, dodgy coloured tie, starched white shirt, ill fitting jacket...

he's becoming tikay.

cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited October 2013
    Ahh, that makes a lot of sense with the 'TV rights'. Just thought I would say I have been on Sky Poker for over a year now, but have only really delved into the 'community' aspect such as the forum and the tv channel. 

Out of West Brom and United everyone knows who has the bragging rights there. Now after the end of last season and the summer we have had I may get mocked if you know anything about the Championship. I am a fello 'Albion' fan, but of the Brighton variety. Haven't started to well this season with our new manager, but it is great to see Palace being beaten week in, week out! 
  • edited October 2013
    At this stage in the tournament I think we should al stop....................... and realise just how handsome I am!
  • edited October 2013

I think Sky 861 need to form a department to stop you having anymore wardrobe disasters.

Based upon your last one and tonight, perhaps it should be called

Elf and Safe Tie

• edited October 2013
    My three essentials:

1) TV on Sky Sports News

2) Fromage Frais yoghurts

3) Pint of diet fizzy drink...sometimes refilled during the evening.
  • edited October 2013
    Can you show my second hand i posted on the thread in the poker clinic, or is that against the rules?

It is from a mastercash table ;)
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Rich and Reds,
                            Inadvertently ended up playing HU on a full ring cash game. I took all the other player monies eventually but was perturbed to find out I lost money to the rake. I enjoyed HU play and would like to play it more but I'm wary that beating the rake is going to make it a lot harder. What's the way forward if I want to keep playing HU and beat the rake as well as the players??
    tx,
    regards,
    Mohican.
  • edited October 2013
    Question for Redmond: if you're heads up in a pot and you don't have anything (say 9 high for example) when all five cards are on the table, but the play has been checked by both players down all the streets, is it worth putting in a pot size bet on the river to get them to fold? (they haven't bet either so chances are they have nothing also).

I've been using this technique and it seems to be successful most of the time, just wondering if you would recommend it though?
  • edited October 2013
    hey guys great show would it be possible to show a hand from the main that happened earlier

had a pair of JJ raised pre-flop was a low flop so raised on the flope they just called then a K cam down, i bet again and they shuffed and i dunno if a fold was right as they had load of chips 
  • edited October 2013
    Another question for Redmond: How did you develop into a poker professional? As an amatuer did you decide to try and improve your game with the specific aim to become professional - or did it just happen natrually as you got better and started to make a consistent profit? Are there any key factors (specific books, videos, techniques) that helped you improve your game to professional standard?
  • edited October 2013
    Rich, I'm impressed by your dedication tonight - to present on Sky Poker TV after your wedding is highly commendable! ;-)
  • edited October 2013
    Excellent show again tonight.

I'm sure you'll go home happy knowing you have my approval. lol
  • edited October 2013
    I've been hitting the DYM's quite heavily lately and just wondered what would happen in the following hypothetical scenario:

On the first hand of the tournament, everybody is all-in pre-flop and there is an outright winner. Who would get second and third places? Everybody had the same stack entering the hand so would it be purely based on hand strength?
  • edited October 2013
    hey guys great show would it be possible to show a hand from the main that happened earlier  #700762369 had a pair of JJ raised pre-flop was a low flop so raised on the flope they just called then a K cam down, i bet again and they shuffed and i dunno if a fold was right as they had load of chips 
    Posted by middys
    I don't think they were able to show this hand, so I'll copy and paste this to the Hand Request thread. Hopefully they'll be able to show it on the poker clinic next Thursday.
  • edited October 2013
    Got to say guys, that was one of the best shows on Sky Poker TV I've ever watched; some excellent poker hands and questions, and the banter about the attire of Richard Orford made the evening very enjoyable!

Sorry did I say Richard? I meant James Hartigan obviously ;-)
  • edited October 2013
    Could you guys explain what "range merging" is please? My Poker Essentials: 1) Money 2) Luck 3) Sky Channel 861
    Posted by peter27
    I don't think they were able to get to this during the show. It's a bit of a dry subject and the show after 10 on a Thursday is aimed at new players, so they wouldn't want to get caught up in it.

If you start a thread in the clinic, someone will give you a good explanation. If you want to leave it for now, I'll start a thread when I have time, probably tomorrow.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show on 861 & SS4 - with Richard & Redmond (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : I don't think they were able to get to this during the show. It's a bit of a dry subject and the show after 10 on a Thursday is aimed at new players, so they wouldn't want to get caught up in it. If you start a thread in the clinic, someone will give you a good explanation. If you want to leave it for now, I'll start a thread when I have time, probably tomorrow.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Very thoughtful of you to say this! I have an idea of what it is, but am not particularly clued up on the matter - I will look out for your thread!

I think Richard probably just missed this post to be honest, don't mind though as I did get in a lot of questions today :-) Actually, my internet did cut out for around 20 minutes just after I posted the question, so I thought I may have missed the answer.