You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Apologies and variance.

2»

Comments

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Apologies and variance.:
    In Response to Re: Apologies and variance. : jd was making out 5% is amazing, when it's pretty standard for most regs. Maybe the wording was a bit bad yeah, but the way he runs against me and a few other people it's good seeing that everyone is on the same level of variance, as this guy runs like gold
    Posted by RUNGOODPLZ
    Pretty sure I made no comment either way on his roi!! Although I'm also pretty sure the amount of players who play dym's who have more than a 5% roi is quite a small group!

I simply made out that running like gold for 30k games is hard to believe. In fact it just isn't possible.

Still interested how you've been out drawn by him when you have zero stats on sharkscope?!!
  • edited October 2013

Why would I make it up? Just because I don't have any sharkscope stats, common sense...

• edited October 2013
    Why would I make it up? Just because I don't have any sharkscope stats, common sense...
    Posted by RUNGOODPLZ
    under what alias did you play him?
  • edited October 2013
    So you've played against him on Sky.
    Your username doesn't show up on Sharkscope as having played any games.
    You have been perusing the forum for some time but never posted up until today.
    Oddly, you seem quite bitter towards some of the "regs"

Think I may possibly be able to work out what's going on. Obviously, I wouldn't accuse you of anything as I may well be wrong and there's a perfectly plausible explanation.
  • edited October 2013
    So you've played against him on Sky. Your username doesn't show up on Sharkscope as having played any games. You have been persusing the forum for some time but never posted up until today. Oddly, you seem quite bitter towards some of the "regs" Think I may possibly be able to work out what's going on. Obviously, I wouldn't accuse you of anything as I may well be wrong and there's a perfectly plausible explanation.
    Posted by Jac35
    What's that?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Apologies and variance. : What's that?
    Posted by RUNGOODPLZ
    The perfectly plausible explanation? I don't know
    You tell me
  • edited October 2013
    GL JC hope you turn it round soon Im sure you will.
  • edited October 2013
    Tbf, with 10% rake, you gotta be winning 55 out of every 100 games just to break even! Having a 5% ROI for DYMs on here, especially over such a massive sample, is very impressive imo.
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks for the kind words/support guys, there are some really fantastic people here. Makes me want to get back involved with the community a bit more having kind of lost touch.

Just re DYMs in general, I'm pretty much a part-time player these days (if that) and if I can still pick up a few quid at the end of the month I'm pretty happy, that's why I continue with them. I'll also be playing MTTs as I enjoy them too.

Don't know what to say about rungoodplz, I've obviously put some beats on you one way or another, sorry about that, I haven't got any problems with anybody though.

Run well everybody :-)
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks for the kind words/support guys, there are some really fantastic people here. Makes me want to get back involved with the community a bit more having kind of lost touch. Just re DYMs in general, I'm pretty much a part-time player these days (if that) and if I can still pick up a few quid at the end of the month I'm pretty happy, that's why I continue with them. I'll also be playing MTTs as I enjoy them too. Don't know what to say about rungoodplz, I've obviously put some beats on you one way or another, sorry about that, I haven't got any problems with anybody though. Run well everybody :-)
    Posted by JohnConnor
    There's no need to apologise because strictly speaking you haven't put beats on anybody, the poker godettes have.

Keep well, JC!

• edited October 2013
    Never seen any rants from your goodself.
    Runing like poo myself for the first time in years not really feeling like playing.
    I have got to the stage where I'm not tilting and just laughing.
    I wonder who is wining 

Run better 

Lee
  • edited October 2013
    Hi John,

I've witnessed a few of your bad beats ang thought you've handled them very well, always been a very pleasant guy on the tables in my opinion,,, maybe a wee break will bring a new perspective and change in variance.
  • edited October 2013
    Hi John,

My first post but played plenty of DYMs with you and you seem to always be solid. I had one of those runs last night when every game I lost I was dominating - AKvAQ, A9vA2, AKvKQ, etc. The only one I lost when I was behind pre I had KK!

Keep positive - there is still plenty of value out there! The final hand from my last DYM is an example:

On the bubble, blinds 100-200, small stack has 800 left. I fold and small stack folds. SB with 3.5K in 3rd has A3 suited.  Do you?

A - fold as you don't need to play the hand
    B - flat call
    C - min raise
    D - raise to 700 and insta-call the shove from the BB who has 200 more chips than you!

The big blind of course has AA!

Casper
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Apologies and variance.:
    Need to post something. Need to apologise to any DYMers out there who have witnessed my childish outbursts in the chat box of late. I hope and believe nothing personal has been said, rather it's been directed at the poker gods, the universe or whatever. Apparently it's therapeutic to post too. The truth is I have never experienced a run of variance like this one. It's been nearly 4 1/2 months and over 2.5k games and I've been running horrifically. I've had 3 or 4 really bad runs in 4 1/2 years or so but this is the worst by far. It's really messing with my head and taking me to some dark places at times. I also feel at times like it's affecting my general health. Possibly I need a break. The only thing is every time I resit (usually after only an hour or so) I feel fine again, I have calmed down completely (or think I have). I don't actually feel my game is affected by the tilt, just my mood and apparently my ability to refrain from using the chat box. But I tilt far quicker at the moment than I ever used to, probably only one or two beats being enough to do it. I've read about this in The Mental Game of Poker and I'll be revisiting that and purchasing the second asap, trust me. Anyway, just needed to post something. Once again, massive apologies to anyone whose had to sit through some of the nonsense I've written in chat. I know I have a real problem with tilt and handling variance at the minute but I will be working on this and hopefully will get there. Run well everyone, be happy.
    Posted by JohnConnor

variance is  either  contagious among the profitable player or during the last month best hands have lost 80 percent of the time its been a complete nightmare does not make sense everyone is on about it ak cant beat a6 AA cant beat tq lol