You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A New Mini View Layout - Your Feedback Needed!

edited February 2014 in Feedback & Suggestions
Do it that way for regular view as well please. Pretty please.

Comments

• edited November 2013

Classic layout mini-view theme - Design Update 15/11/2013

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update for you all today - I've got a new design to show you based on the feedback we've received from everyone here and throughout the forum. We've tried to find a middle ground between the designs below to try to bring it as close to the old compact view as we can, while maintaining as many of the new features as possible.

This shows an example of a Cash Hold'em game in two different colours when it is your turn to act:

Are colour themes of the same layout something you would like?

Are these colours better than the colour below?

Is the game layout easier to see what is happening?

This shows an example of a Cash Hold'em game when you have selected a player to write notes:

This will allow you to select pre-actions and perform game decisions while writing notes on a player.

This shows an example of a Cash Hold'em game when you in a showdown (opponent revealing cards):

Once again it would be great to get your feedback on this. The new table allows us to do some fantastic things with themes and it's something that we are keen to have you involved with.

Best wishes,

Matt

Sky Poker Design Team

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original message is preserved below for reference:

Hi Everyone,

We've had plenty of feedback on the new software so far and there has been plenty of discussion on the switch from a 3x3 layout (3 seats on top, 3 on the bottom) to a 2x2x2 layout.

We know from your feedback that there are some of you (mainly mini view users) who are struggling to get used to the new layout when multi-tabling.

So What Are We Doing About It?

We are currently looking at creating an alternative 3x3 or 'Classic' layout mini view for the new software and we'd like your feedback on our 2 early design concepts, which you can view below. We envisage this would be an option which you could toggle on/off to change between the 'new' and 'classic' layouts on the new software.

Here are some questions from us that may help you give feedback: 

• What do you like?
    • What don't you like?
    • Is it visually easier to see what is going on?
    • Are there any specific features you definitely don't want excluded from compact view that are available on default view?
    • Are the controls easy to understand and placed in easy-to-use places for how you play?
    • Which design do you prefer?

New Mini View Concept A

New Mini View Concept B

We are all looking forward to your feedback!

Best wishes,

Matt
    Sky Poker Design Team
  • edited October 2013
    At a quick glance A looks a lot better than the current new mini view. When can we try it?
  • edited October 2013
    I really hope you can implement this.  After chatting with alot of the regs I think it will be important for the site.  I prefer it when the players that have folded don't have any cards infront of them and the players still in the hand do.
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Sky Matt.

Originally Concept 1 floated my boat...........however, i'm now unsure.......It really depends on the size of the cards of the opposition when they are revealed?

They are quite small and i'm sure it would be easy to missread them at showdown and then I would be left wondering how I lost the hand, curiosity would make me want to take a look in the hand history, when in reality I should be making my next action on another table.

So for now I am going with Conept 2

What do you like?

I like The Larger cards of the oppo when they are revealed

I like the instant access to hand history at the top of the table (This should be adopted)

What don't you like?

I don't like te "Add Chips/Funds" & the check boxes for Sit out/auto blind etc, this should be swapped around. We are already used to seeing these the other way around, so this layout may confuse things.

I don't like not seeing the new avatars...feels like a step backwards.   

Is it visually easier to see what is going on?

Its seams clear enough at the mo (live test would be required to confirm)

Are there any specific features you definitely don't want excluded from compact view that are available on default view?

I think the "Chat Box" in mini view was a well liked feature in the new software, although it probably wouldn't bother the hardened cash players. If i'm only playing MTT's I would still like to have the use of this.

Are the controls easy to understand and placed in easy-to-use places for how you play?

My may concern when i'm multi-tabling in "Mini View" is to make my bets as quickly as possible and move to my next action on another table, so at the mo the controls layout looks ok.  

Which design do you prefer?

As above...I originally liked design concept 1, as it looked less cluttered, however, it would really depend on the size of the oppo's hand when it was revealed.  

• edited October 2013

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback so far! Keep it coming.

Couple of answers to some points you've raised so far:

Do it that way for regular view as well please.

Currently we have had more feedback aimed around the mini view layout, so this has been our focus for improvement at present, however there is nothing stopping us from incorporating a new theme for default view based on customer feedback, the beauty of the new client will allow us to have multiple themes and styles which will hopefully suit all of our customers requirements. 

There are discussions ongoing at the moment as to whether this new layout could be used all the way up to full screen (so no switch as you increased the table size) for those users who prefer the 3x3 layout who would like to use it at bigger sizes, please let us know what you think about this idea!

When can we try it?

This is currently in design elaboration, so unfortunately there is not a working prototype yet, we will be keeping you posted on the progress and hopefully involve the community in the testing of the new layout as quickly as we can. The biggest benefit of the new software is this type of enhancement is both possible and achievable in a far shorter time than before. To be honest, this would have been impossible to achieve in the old software, which explains why the old software has barely changed in the last few years.

It really depends on the size of the cards of the opposition when they are revealed?

This is something I am aware of as an important part of the design and I understand it is not always easy to see in a screenshot. Currently, the plan would to take on the size of the cards that are used in your own hand, with the users balance (and bounty if applicable) shown over the cards with the winner animation (very similar to the old client) this would be the case for both of the above concepts. Due to the limited space we have to work with in mini view, this is the best way we have found to show you an opponents cards while keeping them readable at a quick glance. Is this the kind of solution you were after?

I don't like the "Add Chips/Funds" & check box locations.

Thanks for pointing this out, they should indeed be the oposite way round, I will update the designs to represent this.

Hope this answers a few of the questions you have raised so far.

Just to confirm, this new mini view layout will not be replacing the current layout, it is currently planned to be a feature switch (similar to disabling avatars within preferences) which would then show you this new 'classic' mini view layout instead of the current new layout. So you will have 2 styles to choose form, the 'new' and 'classic' mini views.

Those who prefer to chat and have all the other new additions to mini view directly on the table will be able to access them via the 'new' layout. Those who prefer a more simplified gameplay which has a layout similar to the old client can opt to enable the 'classic' layout to enjoy this new style.

Looking forward to reading more of your feedback.

Best wishes,

Matt

• edited October 2013
    Hi Sky Mat

It really depends on the size of the cards of the opposition when they are revealed?
    Is this the kind of solution you were after?

Yeh thats ok thanks.
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks for the post Matt, good work.
  • edited October 2013
    Those layouts look great, even down to the fact that the player labels are blue on white instead of blue on slightly lighter blue like in the new tables.

If this was the standard layout and we could enlarge it and have the chat box as well that would be as near perfect as I suspect we're going to get.
  • ZABZAB
    edited October 2013
    its just like zinga@ on facebook!!
    it needs the pot amount blinds and small blinds enlargened to make it more clearer as its not balenced with the rest of the screen as this is hte most important info along with the cards
  • edited October 2013
    Concept A looks like a winner to me, great that you guys are responding so positively to the feedback.

So relieved that classic mini-view is going to be saved, great work!!
  • edited October 2013
    why has the large chat window option gone?

i know lots dont chat but 4 the 1s that do its a big plus 4 skypoker to have this as others dont have this.
  • edited October 2013
    Either A or B is fine with me, both are miles better than the new system! But if I had to choose A is probably slightly better. (In B the cards of other players seem a tad too big although I guess in A they are also on the small size. Somewhere inbetween might be good!)

Also can I have them cards and that flop every time I play with the new software? :P
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Matt
    Most important thing for me and I assume there will be an auto fold button vital for multitabling
    Would suggest removing the sit out miss next hand and deposit /top up buttons from mtt or stt tables and use the space for bigger action buttons
    cheers
  • edited October 2013

One thing I like about the new tables after having a look at the cash ones is with having two top and two bottom and 1 each side is that I would find it easier to overlap as I wouldn't need to see the outside edges of the tables so I could have 4 tables horizontaly  instead of 3 so a total of 12 instead of 9. Only downside of that is my preferred seat wouldn't be middle of the table
    does that make sense lol

• edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
    Personally I find the new design unplayable, but out of the two mini options i would choose B
  • edited October 2013
    dislike it
     dont like anything bout the new  layout,
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: A New Mini View Layout - Your Feedback Needed!:
    Personally I find the new design unplayable, but out of the two mini options i would choose B
    Posted by poppy765
    Hi Poppy.
    Why do you find it unplayable?

If there's one thing you could change that would make it work....what would it be? 
  • edited October 2013
    I also prefer the 3x3 when mass tabling.

Slightly confused by the two examples, are they both BHs? Because example A shows a £10 bounty next to each name, whereas in example B I can't see any sign of a bounty anywhere...

That aside, by far the most important things are that the important information is VERY clear and can you can see it at a second's glance... pot size, size of bets made, villians/our stack size, our holdings and the community cards.... everything else is just a nicetie. I probably lean towards example B just cos opponent's cards are slightly bigger so would be harder to accidently miss if someone has folded or not, although I marginally prefer the positioning of the dealer button in example A lol but otherwise they seem pretty much identical.

Main thing is make sure the pot size, size of bets made, villians/our stack size, our holdings and the community cards are all clear and then it's all good in the hood
  • edited October 2013
    I like B slightly more than A but out of interest where would the blind timer go?
  • edited October 2013
    I would love concept B, as you are getting 10x more chips :-)

Keep up all the good work, i am sure all this hard work will pay off in the end (as needs too).

Gl all at the tables
  • edited October 2013
    hate it to much like the other sites if you change to this im off
  • edited October 2013

Hi ive played a lot this month using the new software and here is my opinions on things that could be improved etc.

Firstly compared to a few years back the whole site has improved a lot, since the download and rake back introduced etc.

With the new software there are a few things that I feel need to be addressed;

It takes too long to open tables when you are on the waiting list, you only get a couple of seconds to grab your seat until it times you out.

The posting of blinds is not loud enough... and the table does not pop up when it is your go, therefore if you have a lot of tables overlapping you can easily miss your action.

Annoyingly a random table will keep popping up even though there is no action on it.

When typing on a table if you press enter at the wrong time, the enter action places a minimum bet on another table.

On laptop when dragging tables around the table sometimes enlarge to the whole screen automatically.

The scroll bar doesn't always keep upto date (maybe chat bubbles as an option)

The buttons seem pretty temperamental to click on, countless times I have been clicking an action and nothing happens until you click dead centre.

The HH doesn't always work, sometimes when on a table for a decent length after a few clicks on HH nothing happens and you have to go into the my account part to view HH.

There is no notification of when an opponent has topped up, on the old version it was noted in the dealer chat box, it was handy if you was multi tabling especially with some HU games in there.

Think that is all!

thanks
    r-dog

• edited November 2013
    I am new to this site but the "Mini" gives me a head ache after playing for a while it is horrid.

Why you cant just have the normal table is beyond me!?!

No to A or B 

A normal clear table be just perfect !!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A New Mini View Layout - Your Feedback Needed!:
    Hi ive played a lot this month using the new software and here is my opinions on things that could be improved etc. Firstly compared to a few years back the whole site has improved a lot, since the download and rake back introduced etc. With the new software there are a few things that I feel need to be addressed; It takes too long to open tables when you are on the waiting list, you only get a couple of seconds to grab your seat until it times you out. The posting of blinds is not loud enough... and the table does not pop up when it is your go, therefore if you have a lot of tables overlapping you can easily miss your action. Annoyingly a random table will keep popping up even though there is no action on it. When typing on a table if you press enter at the wrong time, the enter action places a minimum bet on another table. On laptop when dragging tables around the table sometimes enlarge to the whole screen automatically. The scroll bar doesn't always keep upto date (maybe chat bubbles as an option) The buttons seem pretty temperamental to click on, countless times I have been clicking an action and nothing happens until you click dead centre. The HH doesn't always work, sometimes when on a table for a decent length after a few clicks on HH nothing happens and you have to go into the my account part to view HH. There is no notification of when an opponent has topped up, on the old version it was noted in the dealer chat box, it was handy if you was multi tabling especially with some HU games in there. Think that is all! thanks r-dog
    Posted by rosiedog00

Hi rosie dog,

Thank you for taking some time to send across some feedback.

Firstly may I ask you if you have “auto focus my tables” active. This is on the options menu at the top left of the table, if you don’t’ have this preference enabled then it could cause some of the issues you are describing.

If you do have this preference enabled, then are you seeing these problems in both the web browser and the download client? We are aware of some problems with auto focus when it is your turn to act with users who are playing on Google Chrome. This is an issue with both the new and old software due to some limitations imposed by Chrome which unfortunately we can do nothing about right now. If you are using the web browser then we would recommend IE10 for multi-tabling, or the download client which should resolve issues of not being notified when it is your turn to act.

If you are still experiencing these issues on IE10 and/or the download client with the  preference active then please let us know and we will investigate.

The issue you report with the scroll bar on the chat box area can be resolved by ensuring you scroll to the bottom of the chat. If you have previously scrolled up on the chat box then there is an auto scroll-lock in place. If you do scroll to the bottom of the chat box this will remove the lock and the chat box will start scrolling again. Please let us know if you have any more problems but this should solve your problem.

We have had several problems with Hand Histories reported to us, but we believe we have resolved all of these now so you shouldn’t have this issue again going forward.

Thanks for the suggestion in getting messages into the chat box when an opponent has topped up, we will get this resolved shortly, we expect early next week, we will let you know once this is released.

If you do continue to see the issues that you list above please come back to us and we will investigate further.

Feedback is greatly appreciated so if you do have any more please share it here and we will investigate.

• edited November 2013

Hey all!

First up, I will be updating the first post to this topic soon with some new designs for you to look at, keep an eye out! Remember that this view will be an optional layout alongside the current new mini-view layout, so if you prefer the current new mini-view don't panic, it isn't going anywhere.

Secondly, to answer a few more of your questions:

Font sizes of text

This is something we will be trying to improve and keep as clear as possible, we realise this is one of the biggest things you need to see at a glance.

Why has the large chat window option gone?

To mirror the old mini-view we removed the chat from this layout, however we are looking at re-introducing it if you were to make your window taller or wider.

For example:

Card sizes of Design A and Design B are too big and too small, somewhere in the middle would be better.

The designs I will be uploading in the next few days should answer this feedback, I'm trying to get the balance right!

Slightly confused by the two examples, are they both BHs?

Sorry for this, I should of removed the BH values from the design, they were both meant to be cash game examples, although now you've had a sneak peak at where the BH values will go!

Where would the blind timer go?

The blind timer for your opponents will be the vertical green bar next to Player 0006 in the examples, for your own timer, it will be shown over the community cards similar to how we display it in the old mini-view.

Thanks for all the great constructive feedback so far, you are all helping to improve this fantastic new product for Sky Poker.

Keep checking back on this thread to keep up to date on the new mini-view layout and keep the feedback coming!

Best wishes,

Matt

Sky Poker Design Team

• edited November 2013
    I'm not sure about that time bar on your opponents. I imagine it would be a little bit inconspicuous to be picked out "at a glance" and therefore tough to determine which villain the action is on. Perhaps it could be a tad more pronounced.

It would be helpful to see a screenshot of the timebar when the action is on the hero, so we can say whether we like it.

I may be the dissenting voice in saying that the new mini-view, and the new tables as a whole, are better than the old. I don't want to see the back of the chat box in mini-view and I prefer the 2x2x2 layout. Just confirm for me that you're still planning an option to select either new or old layouts? Ta.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A New Mini View Layout - Your Feedback Needed!:
    I'm not sure about that time bar on your opponents. I imagine it would be a little bit inconspicuous to be picked out "at a glance" and therefore tough to determine which villain the action is on. Perhaps it could be a tad more pronounced. It would be helpful to see a screenshot of the timebar when the action is on the hero, so we can say whether we like it. I may be the dissenting voice in saying that the new mini-view, and the new tables as a whole, are better than the old. I don't want to see the back of the chat box in mini-view and I prefer the 2x2x2 layout. Just confirm for me that you're still planning an option to select either new or old layouts? Ta.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Hi BorinLoner,

I will include additional screens of each layout when I update the main post soon. I will make sure that they include the timebar like you have mentioned. I'll try and show you as much of the different elements as possible for each layout.

As for you preferring the 2x2x2 layout, don't panic, it is not going anywhere!
    This will be an alternative theme for mini-view, something that we intend to have many of in the future thanks to the new software allowing us to do so.
    So to begin with you will have 2 mini-view themes to choose from one being a 2x2x2 and one being a 3x3.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Sky Poker Design Team
  • edited November 2013
    Please don't make the 3x3 only in minview. This is one of the biggest hurdles to me getting used to the new software, I've tried for weeks to get used to the 2x2x2 and am still having problems.

• edited November 2013
    3x3 all the way  but can you do something about the pastel shades you are using really  after 30mins headache