You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A New Mini View Layout - Your Feedback Needed!

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A New Mini View Layout - Your Feedback Needed!:
    Please don't make the 3x3 only in minview. This is one of the biggest hurdles to me getting used to the new software, I've tried for weeks to get used to the 2x2x2 and am still having problems.
    Posted by FCHD

Hi FCHD

The current plan is to roll out this theme for mini view first, which could be locked to stay in this 3x3 layout at all screen sizes. We will then look at rolling out a default-view 3X3 layout to accompany this theme afterwards.

Moving to the new software will allow us to have multiple themes, giving you, and other customers the choice to select a theme which best suits your playing style, since any individual theme will divide opinions (everyone has different needs).

Anymore feedback you want to give on the designs shown in the first post do pop them here so we can take them into account.

Best wishes,

Matt

Sky Poker Design Team

• edited November 2013
    matt i find it a problem with using the slide  to determine how big a bet to make if i dont want to bet the minimum permitted

and do not particularly want to bet the half, three quarter or, pot size options.

lets call it fat finger syndrome one touch and it slides along into cyber space and by the time i get it partly under control

i have to bet one of the options mentioned as i am running out of time to make the bet

would it not be possible to add  a digital option to dial up the amount you want to bet or a + button to  increase your

bet with increments of 10, 25, 50 and100 multiples above the minimum bet

i hope this makes some kind of sense
  • edited November 2013
    matt i find it a problem with using the slide  to determine how big a bet to make if i dont want to bet the minimum permitted and do not particularly want to bet the half, three quarter or, pot size options. lets call it fat finger syndrome one touch and it slides along into cyber space and by the time i get it partly under control i have to bet one of the options mentioned as i am running out of time to make the bet would it not be possible to add  a digital option to dial up the amount you want to bet or a + button to  increase your bet with increments of 10, 25, 50 and100 multiples above the minimum bet i hope this makes some kind of sense
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Hi dumb_blond,

Currently you can use the + and - buttons located to the right and left of the slider bar to alter the bet amounts in increments of the big blind, you can also type in the amount you want to bet or use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to alter the amount you bet, which should give you more control over the amount you need.

In the future, we are looking into giving you the ability to customise the pre-set bet buttons so they would be more suited to your gaming style.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Sky Poker Design Team
  • edited November 2013
    matt i find it a problem with using the slide  to determine how big a bet to make if i dont want to bet the minimum permitted and do not particularly want to bet the half, three quarter or, pot size options. lets call it fat finger syndrome one touch and it slides along into cyber space and by the time i get it partly under control i have to bet one of the options mentioned as i am running out of time to make the bet would it not be possible to add  a digital option to dial up the amount you want to bet or a + button to  increase your bet with increments of 10, 25, 50 and100 multiples above the minimum bet i hope this makes some kind of sense
    Posted by dumb_blond
    thanks for your reply matt i feel  by your answer as though i am on some kind of old software on my computer

i recently played in a couple of free rolls and the set up their was a lot better completly different to what i get when i play multi

table comps could this be so and if it is how to a get onto the free roll like set up i mentioned.

i'm must confess my skill with computers is as bad as my skill at poker after all i am just a dumb blond
  • edited November 2013
    Hi everyone,

The first post has been updated with some new designs, please comment here with your feedback on the lastest screenshots.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Sky Poker Design Team
  • edited November 2013
    Good work Matt, the new designs look great. When can we try it?
  • edited November 2013
    hi matt just noticed this.

-darker blue looks much better. Green not so sure about.
    -Time bar across the board looks a bit suspect too.
    -the raise text that appears on player 1 here, does it disappear after a second or two-always good to know the other persons stack.
    -bet slider too close to action buttons?!

Hard to tell until we can have a go on them but definitely looks like an improvement to the first ones IMO
  • edited November 2013
    sorry matt I also see you answered my question re blind timer but you misunderstood me. I meant the timer that tells you when the blinds will go up (i.e. to next level) doesn't seem to me much room left or right of the board for it.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi splashies & jdsallstar,

Glad you like the look of it, we'll be keeping everyone updated on the progress of this and let you know as soon as you can give it a go! :)

The colours choices were to see what people thought about moving away from the blue however there is nothing stopping us from giving you the ability to choose either colour.

The raise text will disappear after 2 seconds (exactly how it does at the moment) so you'll be able to know the person's stack after then.

Bet slider being too close to the action buttons is something I've been aware of during the design of this and is something we will monitor and make tweaks to while we are building it.

In response to your blind timer, sorry I misunderstood, to answer your question though these will be placed in the location of the check boxes (which are not shown in tournaments) in the bottom right hand corner, this will give us more space to show you the information.

Hope this helps, any other questions or comments let me know.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Sky Poker Design Team
  • edited November 2013
    perfect matt cheers

looking forward to trying them out
  • edited November 2013
    Absolutely love SKY Poker but please please please re-add the option to play on the old format, there's absolutely nothing i like about the new layout either on full or mini screen. 
  • edited November 2013
    i concur with the post above... please let us have the option for the old view, i dont find the new layout aesthetically pleasing at all. i didnt think there was anything wrong with how it looks, its part of the reason i play on skypoker, i prefered how it looks to the other sites. i dont like this 'flash' look, i think the older one had a more polished but minimal, 'pro' look (kind of like the difference between the new look on ios and the old one, in that the old one looked more slick)... i especially prefer the old cards, like real cards. never been a fan of these style cards.

• edited November 2013
    i dont think i will be stying on this site i do not like this new layout at all i think it looks cheaap and tacky. tried it in the free roll so have hd time to get use to it and am afraid its a big no from me , shame 
  • edited November 2013
    hate it to much like the other sites if you change to this im off
    Posted by itsuptoyou
    agree with this 
  • edited November 2013

Hi guys - please see this post
  • edited November 2013
    i hate the new graphics  They are not very good for us visually challenged people (registered blind)  They are also rubbish on the ipad as the keypad jumps up at you every time the action is on you  I tried to find how to put it on mini but couldnt  Why cant we have a choice when playing tournaments like it is on cash games?  This could lead to me leaving this site 
  • edited November 2013
    Absolutely agree with previous post this new design is hopeless for anyone with poor eyesight.
    I need to take off my glasses because the main icons are so big, then I cant see the bet amounts because they are so small.
    Has the look of something you would use to teach pre-school children.
  • edited November 2013
    keeps freezing on me i've had to log out and back in druing game and the chat option is frozen all the time
  • edited November 2013
    gotta say, I agree with a lot of the posts i've seen about the new graphics and layout being terrible.  I've tried to play with the new software but I just simply can't stand it, it looks so cheap and amatuer when comparing it to the old classic version that so many of us loved.  I've reverted to playing the old style tables for now but when that option is revoked I think it may be time that I look for another site to play on, which is gutting because i've had such a great time playing poker on sky over the last few years. PLEASE keep the option of letting us play on the classic version.
  • edited November 2013
    I've just looked at the green version, but I think you're somewhat missing the point. Ten or twelve shades of green is no better/worse than ten or twelve shades of blue. It is essential that some things are in different colours to others, not just a minor difference in hue. The blind level/time to the next blind level in a DYM being a case in point. It needs to be bigger and a more stand-out colour.
  • edited November 2013
    please answer  this are you going to scrap the old tabs if so after bonus i am never coming back to this site

• edited November 2013
    these look much better hope to see them soon
  • edited November 2013
    are you getting rid of the old tables yes or no please answer this one question that every one wants to know
  • edited November 2013
    i do not like this layout.

can you not have an option to change back to the old?
  • edited November 2013
    i do not like this layout. can you not have an option to change back to the old?
    Posted by MVP888
    old version or my custom has gone .....
  • edited November 2013
    Hate it - looks like 12 year olds pc game.
    Will play to end month then new site.
    aegis11.
  • edited November 2013
    It's awful. I've already emailed and complained.  The support for it is rubbish too, even your help desk people don't know what they are doing on it.

Problems - 1) No way to get a mini-view of the table.  This makes it almost impossible to play more than one tournament at a time.

2) Graphics keep screwing up.  I end up with other players avatars all over the table, their cards in different places, random blocks of graphics just popping up all over the table.  It's horrible, confusing, and amateurish.

3) The time bar is less obvious.  The old time bar was FAR clearer in letting you know how much time you had, and whose turn it was.  The current one is a lot less conspicuous.

4) The old format was not as flashy, or glitzy but I don't care about that.  I care about ease of use and gameplay.  Both were better in the old format.  I've not completely stopped playing but I'm playing less than I would have been and I'm actively looking to find a different poker provider who has a table layout that I like. It's a shame as I've been with Sky for a bloody long time.

5) I can't see if it tells you when another player is AWAY. That was a very useful feature in the old format.
  • edited November 2013
    HI All............its majestickly  simplistickly easier to use, (Please) Do it for all tabs view as well please.....well thought out ( now please put to use all tabs view...........ty
  • edited November 2013
    I think it's alright I mean I have only played a few hands today was my first time on these sort of tables but up to now they seem kool oh and thanks for taking arefeedback most sites don't even bother to take note of what there customers like and don't like 
  • edited November 2013
    been playing on the download tonight playing dtd games just kept crashing and sitting me out not like :(((