You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

week off, nice and refreshed

back to my kit kat

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMisterK22 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £1.54 -ACERAG- Big blind  £0.05 £0.10 £1.96   Your hole cards A A       The_Robin Call  £0.05 £0.15 £1.35 simonhkr30 Call  £0.05 £0.20 £3.80 Boborange Call  £0.05 £0.25 £6.41 specialb20 Raise  £0.10 £0.35 £7.61 MisterK22 Fold     -ACERAG- Raise  £0.80 £1.15 £1.16 The_Robin Call  £0.80 £1.95 £0.55 simonhkr30 Call  £0.80 £2.75 £3.00 Boborange Fold     specialb20 Call  £0.75 £3.50 £6.86 Flop    3 10 J       -ACERAG- All-in  £1.16 £4.66 £0.00 The_Robin Fold     simonhkr30 Fold     specialb20 Call  £1.16 £5.82 £5.70 -ACERAG- Show A A    specialb20 Show 8 Q    Turn    9       River    2       specialb20 Win Straight to the Queen £5.38

Comments

• edited October 2013

raise 16 x BB and he still calls, to top it off he then has the cheek to say in chat box that's variance for you. lol

• edited October 2013
    You played it terrible and deserve to lose. Why? Because you only had 40BB's to start the hand. We always want to be playing with the most money possible at the level we are playing at so that when we do get a big hand we can win more money. Especially against players that are obviously really bad it's just criminal not to be sitting down with the maximum!!

Rest of the hand was well played obviously, but in future sit down with 100bb's all the time.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed:
    You played it terrible and deserve to lose. Why? Because you only had 40BB's to start the hand. We always want to be playing with the most money possible at the level we are playing at so that when we do get a big hand we can win more money. Especially against players that are obviously really bad it's just criminal not to be sitting down with the maximum!! Rest of the hand was well played obviously, but in future sit down with 100bb's all the time.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic[/QUOTE

Totally appauling comment saying I "deserve to lose" nobody deserves to lose just because he's short stacked. 

I do partly agree but at these low stakes many players do not look at stack sizes. I had just had to lay a big hand down the previous hand and that's why I was short stacked. I should be listening to my own advice and not playing low stakes cash games as many of the players tilt me with such bad play. 

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed :
    You played it terrible and deserve to lose. Why? Because you only had 40BB's to start the hand. We always want to be playing with the most money possible at the level we are playing at so that when we do get a big hand we can win more money. Especially against players that are obviously really bad it's just criminal not to be sitting down with the maximum!! Rest of the hand was well played obviously, but in future sit down with 100bb's all the time. Posted by F_Ivanovic[/QUOTE Totally appauling comment saying I "deserve to lose" nobody deserves to lose just because he's short stacked.  I do partly agree but at these low stakes many players do not look at stack sizes. I had just had to lay a big hand down the previous hand and that's why I was short stacked. I should be listening to my own advice and not playing low stakes cash games as many of the players tilt me with such bad play. 
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    Or perhaps you're not cut out for the low stakes? 

• edited October 2013
    Maybe sky should introduce a 1p/2p level?
  • edited October 2013
    not a bad stack for playing at the micro and playing well
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    hawaian Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.00
    qwennt Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.40
      Your hole cards
    • Q

-ACERAG- Call  £0.04 £0.10 £15.29
    matsam Fold     
    Uridium Fold     
    mickiluv Fold     
    hawaian Call  £0.02 £0.12 £3.98
    qwennt Check     
    Flop

• J
    • K

hawaian Check     
    qwennt Check     
    -ACERAG- Bet  £0.16 £0.28 £15.13
    hawaian Call  £0.16 £0.44 £3.82
    qwennt Fold     
    Turn

hawaian Check     
    -ACERAG- Bet  £0.48 £0.92 £14.65
    hawaian Call  £0.48 £1.40 £3.34
    River

hawaian Check     
    -ACERAG- All-in  £14.65 £16.05 £0.00
    hawaian All-in  £3.34 £19.39 £0.00
    -ACERAG- Unmatched bet  £11.31 £8.08 £11.31
    hawaian Show
    • K

-ACERAG- Show
    • Q

-ACERAG- Win Straight to the King £7.47  £18.78
  • edited October 2013
    Maybe sky should introduce a 1p/2p level?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship
  • edited October 2013
    That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    ...gotta love the Back to the Future II quote :D
  • edited October 2013
    If you think ''playing well'' is limping Q10s UTG then back to the drawing board I think.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : ...gotta love the Back to the Future II quote :D
    Posted by Slipwater[/QUOTE

Back to the future ????

Not sure about that ? So, why don't you make like a tree and get outta here.
  • edited October 2013
    If you think ''playing well'' is limping Q10s UTG then back to the drawing board I think.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I've have learnt that if you raise at the micro stakes NO ONE respects a raise (please see countless bad beat post for proof) I do raise my monsters but the nice suited 1 cappers etc I limp as a raise would get 7 callers. and if you hit  a monster most players will not let top pair go (see above) I admit standard play would be fold or raise. But "POKERS ABOUT THE SITUATION" ?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : I've have learnt that if you raise at the micro stakes NO ONE respects a raise (please see countless bad beat post for proof) I do raise my monsters but the nice suited 1 cappers etc I limp as a raise would get 7 callers. and if you hit  a monster most players will not let top pair go (see above) I admit standard play would be fold or raise. But "POKERS ABOUT THE SITUATION" ?
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    Good advice. Take heed, Mr Harry
  • edited October 2013
    not a bad stack for playing at the micro and playing well Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance hawaian Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £4.00 qwennt Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.40   Your hole cards Q 10       -ACERAG- Call   £0.04 £0.10 £15.29 matsam Fold         Uridium Fold         mickiluv Fold         hawaian Call   £0.02 £0.12 £3.98 qwennt Check         Flop     4 J K       hawaian Check         qwennt Check         -ACERAG- Bet   £0.16 £0.28 £15.13 hawaian Call   £0.16 £0.44 £3.82 qwennt Fold         Turn     9       hawaian Check         -ACERAG- Bet   £0.48 £0.92 £14.65 hawaian Call   £0.48 £1.40 £3.34 River     2       hawaian Check         -ACERAG- All-in   £14.65 £16.05 £0.00 hawaian All-in   £3.34 £19.39 £0.00 -ACERAG- Unmatched bet   £11.31 £8.08 £11.31 hawaian Show K 6       -ACERAG- Show Q 10       -ACERAG- Win Straight to the King £7.47   £18.78
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    So when someone who calls you down with rubbish but loses you are happy....but if they call with rubbish and win they are lucky donks.....results orientated ftw!...
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : So when someone who calls you down with rubbish but loses you are happy....but if they call with rubbish and win they are lucky donks.....results orientated ftw!...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ[/QUOTE

I don't mind been out played and I actually embrace it. That's part of the learning curve ? just hate when people call with trash and will not lay bottom pair down for love nor money. 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : Good advice. Take heed, Mr Harry
    Posted by Jac35
    I am not worthy of such advice. I feel my game has improved 10fold just reading that paragraph.
  • edited October 2013
    ''just hate when people call with trash and will not lay bottom pair down for love nor money''.

You really need to get it in your head that you want to be playing with these types of players. It's a pretty simple concept. If you have someone on your table that won't let go of a pair, don't try and bluff them. And then when you have a monster, take them to value town. Simples.

And limping any hand from any position is (generally) baaaaad.
  • edited October 2013
    '' just hate when people call with trash and will not lay bottom pair down for love nor money''. You really need to get it in your head that you want to be playing with these types of players. It's a pretty simple concept. If you have someone on your table that won't let go of a pair, don't try and bluff them. And then when you have a monster, take them to value town. Simples. And limping any hand from any position is (generally) baaaaad.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You do offer some good advice once in a blue moon.

Yes I know I want the callers but as the joy of variance and the down swing, playing micro stakes, playing long sessions and not really getting a good string of results, takes it toll. Just have to wait for the upswing. its well over due.
  • edited October 2013

Before the regs and general bores start (AKA DAVEYZZ) I know I should have raise pre flop and MAYBE the 7 5 would have folded (Doubt it as he was playing every hand) but runner runner for a full house is hard to get away from, and the river 5 of clubs was the ONLY card in the deck that makes the money go in.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    SCIFI65 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £5.66
    Mr_Deef Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £10.41
      Your hole cards
    • A

MickDundee Fold     
    cranners7 Fold     
    archwiz28 Fold     
    -ACERAG- Call  £0.08 £0.20 £6.10
    SCIFI65 Call  £0.04 £0.24 £5.62
    Mr_Deef Check     
    Flop

SCIFI65 Bet  £0.08 £0.32 £5.54
    Mr_Deef Call  £0.08 £0.40 £10.33
    -ACERAG- Call  £0.08 £0.48 £6.02
    Turn

SCIFI65 Bet  £0.48 £0.96 £5.06
    Mr_Deef Call  £0.48 £1.44 £9.85
    -ACERAG- Call  £0.48 £1.92 £5.54
    River

SCIFI65 All-in  £5.06 £6.98 £0.00
    Mr_Deef Fold     
    -ACERAG- Call  £5.06 £12.04 £0.48
    SCIFI65 Show

-ACERAG- Show
    • A

SCIFI65 Win Full House, 5s and 7s £11.13  £11.13
  • edited October 2013
    There won't be an upswing if you keep limping. You've posted 2 hands and anyone with half a brain can see what the huge leak in your game is.

And don't talk to me about downswings.
  • edited October 2013
    There won't be an upswing if you keep limping. You've posted 2 hands and anyone with half a brain can see what the huge leak in your game is. And don't talk to me about downswings.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Don't tell me your on a "downswing" ?
  • edited October 2013

if you are never going to make bets marginal hands preflop all you ever going to get is cheap pots won and mega pots lost. i see it all the time. strange why limp preflop yet jam the river obvious you hold set raggy two pair or straight and were worried about the scary river flush fine take that small pot.

try a table with a regular and well known NL4p player sitting to the right of you and then you will see why you are never going to progress.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : You do offer some good advice once in a blue moon. Yes I know I want the callers but as the joy of variance and the down swing, playing micro stakes, playing long sessions and not really getting a good string of results, takes it toll. Just have to wait for the upswing. its well over due.
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    This is your problem.....you will NEVER be able to stop variance....so you need to stop limping into pots because you are scared
    "The donk might hit"...you need to start winning the maximum and losing the minimum...
  • edited October 2013
    You played it terrible and deserve to lose. Why? Because you only had 40BB's to start the hand. We always want to be playing with the most money possible at the level we are playing at so that when we do get a big hand we can win more money. Especially against players that are obviously really bad it's just criminal not to be sitting down with the maximum!! Rest of the hand was well played obviously, but in future sit down with 100bb's all the time.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Did you see this weeks master cash ? Enjoyed a hand when you lost when there was 4 hearts on board and you called with the 5 high flush Both LOLUFOLD and Orford said I would expect a fold there, you deserved to lose I guess.
  • edited October 2013
    if you are never going to make bets marginal hans preflop all you ever going to get is cheap pots won and mega pots lost. i see it all the time. strange why limp preflop yet jam the river obvious you hold set raggy two pair or straight and were worried about the scary river flush fine take that small pot. try a table with a regular and well known NL4p player sitting to the right of you and then you will see why you are never going to progress.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Craig no offence but I can not take advice from a you, sadly played too many hands with you and don't rate your game or advice, sorry.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : Don't tell me your on a "downswing" ?
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    Yes. And it's probably a tad larger than yours.

Might join you on a cash table soon, pretty easy to claw some money back off you.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : This is your problem.....you will NEVER be able to stop variance....so you need to stop limping into pots because you are scared "The donk might hit"...you need to start winning the maximum and losing the minimum...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Finally some reasonable advice !!!! Not the usual tripe.

you maybe on the right tracks and im playing scared, due to too many bad donk beats and not big enough bankroll to take the current down swing.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : Craig no offence but I can not advice from a you, sadly played too many hands with you and don't rate your game or advice, sorry.
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    Delicious irony.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : Yes. And it's probably a tad larger than yours. Might join you on a cash table soon, pretty easy to claw some money back off you.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Sadly you missed the gravy train, its left the calling station and its destination is unknown chuu chuuu !!!!!
  • edited October 2013
    It's destination is brokesville.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: week off, nice and refreshed : Craig no offence but I can not advice from a you, sadly played too many hands with you and don't rate your game or advice, sorry.
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    if you think i'm that bad come  come join me on the action tables like these other passive vilians then we shall see.