You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT LIVE ON CH 861 with Rich and Ryan ***make sure to enter the main event Last Longer on here p

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat

Rich,

Can you ask Jen to remind me where that photo was taken? I can't place it.

Monte Carlo EPT Grand Final, perhaps?

Comments

• edited October 2013

Rev your engines. It's here again...

TURBO TUESDAY!

Yes, it's a £4K Turbo Open main event and the lobby for it is right here.

As for the show itself...On hosting duties it's

Richard Orford and Ryan Spittles

Here's Ryan pre-op. (Pre- dentist op, that is). And me, post-op. (Er, let's also say dentist-op for that too).

And we come bearing gifts! We've got all this...

7pm – 8pm – Tonight On Sky Poker

Primo final table coverage from Sunday 20th October with a massive £15,000 prizepool!

8pm-9pm – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the main event: the £5K Turbo Open 

9pm – 11pm – Master Cash and Main Event

Live action from the Master Cash tables AND the Main Event                                                                                           

11pm – Midnight – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the £5K Turbo Open – Late stages (final table and a winner)

And back by popular demand once more it's our legendary...

MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMPETITION

Register your interest either here on the forum or via Twitter 
    (no emails for thisbefore the proper start at 8pm tonight, even if you register or satellite in for the actual event during late reg.

The winner gets free-rolled into Thursday's main event, the £15,000 Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

And finally, no prizes, but just for fun...Here's our

CAPTION COMPETITION

It's Tikay and Jen Mason, kicking back for refreshments. Put a caption to it and I'll read them out throughout the show..

Here's your contact deets-
    skyopen@bskyb.com 
    #skypoker
    This thread

See you later at 7pm!
  • edited October 2013
    Judging by the smudged eye make-up, and the suspicious smile it looks like Jen has just been crying and is putting on a brave face for the cameras. I reckon Tikay has just broken up with her over breakfast and is trying to smooth things over with an overpriced frappuccino.
  • edited October 2013

It might actually be the Copthorne Hotel in Newcastle.

We had a pot of tea there one Sunday morning after some Event we'd covered via a Live Update.

Sitting on the table next to us, surrounded by his family & friends, was none other than the late Sir Bobby Robson, having a pre-match drink, as Newcastle were at home that day. This would be 6 or 8 years ago.

I nudged Jen, excitedly, & whispered...

Look, look  Jen, look who it is

"Who is he?"
    she says

Sir Bobby.

Sir Bobby who?

The one & only Sir Bobby God, you must know him?

Is he a footballer or something?

Sheesh.
  • edited October 2013

We departed Newcastle shortly after, & stopped to have a look at the awesome "Angel of the North" as we headed south.

What do you think of that then, Jen?

Can I have an ice-cream?

We drove the rest of the long journey home in silence. No class, no class at all.
  • edited October 2013

Caption.

Jen saying to the hard of hearing waitress....

"HA HA, I said it would be nice to have a lively breakfast with teacakes.............NOT it would be nice to have a lovely breakfast with a teapot"
  • edited October 2013

Teapot for teacake!

• edited October 2013
    Jen says it with a gift - the words kettle black and pot spring to mind 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!***:
    It might actually be the Copthorne Hotel in Newcastle. We had a pot of tea there one Sunday morning after some Event we'd covered via a Live Update. Sitting on the table next to us, surrounded by his family & friends, was none other than the late Sir Bobby Robson, having a pre-match drink, as Newcastle were at home that day. This would be 6 or 8 years ago. I nudged Jen, excitedly, & whispered... Look, look  Jen, look who it is "Who is he?" she says . Sir Bobby. Sir Bobby who? The one & only Sir Bobby God, you must know him? Is he a footballer or something? Sheesh.
    Posted by Tikay10
    As a lifelong Newcastle fan, I am VERY jealous!!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!***:
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!*** : As a lifelong Newcastle fan, I am VERY jealous!!
    Posted by peter27
    It was an AMAZING thing Peter, as you can imagine. SIR BOBBY ROBSON, sat plum next to us. Not his Spitting Image puppet, the real deal, the man himself. I nearly wet myself.

Who he? her Ladyship asks. 

I mean, for goodness sake. I can't look Jen in the eye since then, I just can't.

• edited October 2013
    ...would have been impressive had it been Sir Bobby Ball :D
  • edited October 2013
    Looking forward to the show tonight (especially the first hour of it) :)

I have a pretty aggro game and sometimes playing that way can get you into situations you dont really want to be in, like in the hand v runnitsrann Q9 v AA, i knew i was behind when he jammed but just felt as if i had to call at that point for the extra 68k to win 310k with 2 cards to come and a chance to knock out a very dangerous player.

Just wondering what Ryan thinks of my call there because in the chat box at the time some of the railers were saying i should have insta folded !

It was the first time i had ever played the primo and its fair to say i ran pretty well throughout the whole tourney but sometimes its just your night and sunday was definitely mine :)

Also please be nice about me if possible because 2 of the most important people in my life will be watching the show tonight ( Say hi to Malcolm and Joy please Rich )

Also put me down for the last longer please

TYIA
  • edited October 2013
    Nice win last night, Diminuendo... well done :)

And yes, you are a very aggressive player, having sat with you on the cash tables!
  • edited October 2013
    Looking forward to the show tonight (especially the first hour of it) :) I have a pretty aggro game and sometimes playing that way can get you into situations you dont really want to be in, like in the hand v runnitsrann Q9 v AA, i knew i was behind when he jammed but just felt as if i had to call at that point for the extra 68k to win 310k with 2 cards to come and a chance to knock out a very dangerous player. Just wondering what Ryan thinks of my call there because in the chat box at the time some of the railers were saying i should have insta folded ! It was the first time i had ever played the primo and its fair to say i ran pretty well throughout the whole tourney but sometimes its just your night and sunday was definitely mine :) Also please be nice about me if possible because 2 of the most important people in my life will be watching the show tonight ( Say hi to Malcolm and Joy please Rich ) Also put me down for the last longer please TYIA
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Congrats on your win last night, Mr Innuendo.

£5,000? Must be nice.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!*** : It was an AMAZING thing Peter, as you can imagine. SIR BOBBY ROBSON, sat plum next to us. Not his Spitting Image puppet, the real deal, the man himself. I nearly wet myself. Who he? her Ladyship asks.  I mean, for goodness sake. I can't look Jen in the eye since then, I just can't.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Tikay...

That  is all.

x
  • edited October 2013
    ...worst case of Photoshop I think I have ever seen, Rich ;)
  • edited October 2013
    TY for the congrats guys

Yes Tikay mate that 5k win meant i still have had no sleep yet cos still buzzin lol
  • edited October 2013
    I am sure that Jen is just regretting asking whether that was a concrete or smooth rendered brick wall behind you.

Tikay does look like he is in training for the worlds strongest man veteran kettle lift event though?
  • edited October 2013
    ...worst case of Photoshop I think I have ever seen, Rich ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Lol- agreed. It looks like I'm superimposed, but it's real. It's just his lighting is much better than mine! It was at an England cricket game in 2006 which I was doing the PA for and he came on to the pitch to be interviewed.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!*** : Lol- agreed. It looks like I'm superimposed, but it's real. It's just his lighting is much better than mine! It was at an England cricket game in 2006 which I was doing the PA for and he came on to the pitch to be interviewed.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Was that a selfie? Or were you photo-bombing a TV interview?
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Rich & Ryan.
    Can you put me in for the last longer please.....hopefully I will last longer than last weeks last longer in which I didn't last very longer at all tbh :)

Caption Contest...
    Tikay Says "can someone take this off me before I have to wack her round the head with it....she doesn't even know who Sir Bobby Robson is for goodness sake!!"

What are the talking points for "Turbo Tuesday"?...........

Rather than "Pre-Op & Post Op"........Can we have Pre-flop & Post-Flop Plays in a turbo tourney please?

Have a great show guys

ps...What happened to "Rap to a Hand" I used to enjoy that :) 
  • edited October 2013
    Looking forward to the show tonight (especially the first hour of it) :) I have a pretty aggro game and sometimes playing that way can get you into situations you dont really want to be in, like in the hand v runnitsrann Q9 v AA, i knew i was behind when he jammed but just felt as if i had to call at that point for the extra 68k to win 310k with 2 cards to come and a chance to knock out a very dangerous player. Just wondering what Ryan thinks of my call there because in the chat box at the time some of the railers were saying i should have insta folded ! It was the first time i had ever played the primo and its fair to say i ran pretty well throughout the whole tourney but sometimes its just your night and sunday was definitely mine :)Also please be nice about me if possible because 2 of the most important people in my life will be watching the show tonight ( Say hi to Malcolm and Joy please Rich ) Also put me down for the last longer please TYIA
    Posted by Diminuendo

Will do mate. But I do take debit cards for saying nice things on TV. Reasonable rates I think though- £100 a word. You're welcome.

PS- Well played on your £5K take-down. You must feel like Superman today!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!*** : Was that a selfie? Or were you photo-bombing a TV interview?
    Posted by Phantom66

Photo-bombing a TV interview?! How dare you! I was conducting the interview!!! But just after it I did ask Sir Bobby if he minded posing for a photo on my phone.

And yes, it was a selfie. A selfie 7 years ago. So basically, I was doing these things before the kidz of today were even born.

Same goes for twerking.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!*** : It was an AMAZING thing Peter, as you can imagine. SIR BOBBY ROBSON, sat plum next to us. Not his Spitting Image puppet, the real deal, the man himself. I nearly wet myself. Who he? her Ladyship asks.  I mean, for goodness sake. I can't look Jen in the eye since then, I just can't.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!*** : Tikay... That  is all. x
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Wow, did either of you guys actually chat to the great man?

Obviously you did during the interview Richard, but any private chat afterwards?
  • edited October 2013
    Am I the only one here who has no idea what 'twerking' means? I saw it mentioned on Soccer AM at the weekend, on Twitter, and now here.... Someone please enlighten me...

Top work to the fella above on his great result last night.

Relatively new here so hopefully i'll get to know you many of you a little better as time passes by.... Have played a few games in the past, but the forum has always evaded my attention.

On a bankroll building mission so sadly I'll not be playing tonight's main, unless I get a result in the small BH I'm currently playing, or I opt in to one of the satties.. A 2nd place earlier in a £5.50 freeze is a step in the right direction though...

Will be tuning in for the show later, not least to check out the playing patterns of some guys I'll no doubt be coming up against... I'm used to using a HUD on all other sites, but liking the good, old-fashioned poker on offer here at Sky...

Good luck to you all
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!*** : Photo-bombing a TV interview?! How dare you! I was conducting the interview !!! B ut just after it I did ask Sir Bobby if he minded posing for a photo on my phone. And yes, it was a selfie. A selfie 7 years ago . So basically, I was doing these things before the kidz of today were even born. Same goes for twerking.
    Posted by RICHORFORD

I think you should show your moves on air then to show them the mad skills you have Rich :D
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ryan ***make sure you enter the main event Last Longer on here plus the caption contest!*** : Photo-bombing a TV interview?! How dare you! I was conducting the interview !!! B ut just after it I did ask Sir Bobby if he minded posing for a photo on my phone. And yes, it was a selfie. A selfie 7 years ago . So basically, I was doing these things before the kidz of today were even born. Same goes for twerking.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    7 years ago a selfie meant something totally different and twerking is what the people of Yorkshire did to earn money!.  Put me into the last longer please.  Will think about the caption and get back to you :)
  • edited October 2013
    Am I the only one here who has no idea what 'twerking' means? I saw it mentioned on Soccer AM at the weekend, on Twitter, and now here.... Someone please enlighten me...Posted by coolhand87
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twerking

Extra points if you post a video of you doing it :D
  • edited October 2013
     i'll have a go at the last longer comp rich
  • edited October 2013
    In for the last longer!

Caption!

Tikay singing " Tea for two"
                            "And you for me"
                              " Picture you upon my Knee"

Jen replies: " Behave,or you will not have any Tea Cakes"
  • edited October 2013
    Caption:

At least Tikay stood his round!
    I notice Orford did a runner when the bill came to the table!