You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday night live with Sarah and Ross *****official show thread*****

2»

Comments

• edited October 2013
    1) passionate 
    2) confident 
    3) luck
    4) talkative:try and work out if the other person is bluffing 
    5) bet sizing 
    6) music
    7) drinks/food 
    8) concentration 

this has to be the best one i have post in a whlie ha 

(keithd89)
  • edited October 2013

10:14 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 457 563 186 41  
    left 50 115 2    

ctbn 12 102      
    BrayCorp83 50 40      

• edited October 2013
    "tight is right" - and I thought this was a family show ...
  • edited October 2013
    hey sarah and ross got a question for ross. started playing lots of MTT as i kept losing on cash. manage to build up a stack final table occasionally. wanted to know what would be the best book to read to improve my consistancy in MTT
  • edited October 2013
    Sarah

If anyone wants more poker terms explained, I created a thread in the Poker Chat section of the forum a few days ago entitled "Poker Terms & Abbreviations" which may be of use to those who are wondering what something means
  • edited October 2013
    Ross, earlier in the show you mentioned having good hand selection. In terms of a percentage, how many hands should a player be playing?

I know this question is very vague as it depends on a number of factors such as the type of poker, reads on other opponents and stack sizes, but some guidelines would be nice.
  • edited October 2013
    The "Perfect Poker Player"

How about:

Stephen Hawking’s brain

Maggie Thatcher’s handbag

Malala’s courage

The patience of Job

Miley Cyrus’s audacity

Messi’s virtuosity

Bill Gates bankroll

Walmart’s Value

The Rolling Stones longevity

Derren Brown’s mind reading

& GELDY’s je ne sais quoi

Great show – keep it up

PS POKEY is quite creative hence my call, in position, with the AJs #sighfail

• edited October 2013
    PPS you may find a number of our lady players use female avatars
    they may not be too amused by your constant reference to them as male
    a little gender awareness may be appreciated

yes i know many people use the opposite avatar - but they can hardly complain if you get it wrong for them
  • edited October 2013
    52 cards in a pack, you need to hit just 1 of them......

Think 50/1 sounds closest ;)
  • edited October 2013
    The odds of hitting a one outer with two cards to come are 22.5:1

In order to know that you need a one outer, you need to know your opponent's hand. So you know the locations of 7 cards, leaving the one outer as one card in 45. On the flop, you're looking at odds of 22.5:1 and on the turn it's odds of 44:1.

It all depends how many cards are known.
  • edited October 2013

On far more important matters.

Sarah, we're still missing you on the cash tables. Are you going to be playing any of the UKOPS tournaments next week as part of the show analysis thingy?

I know you can't "sell the product" on the show on Sky Sports.... but I need to know which show to Sky+ so I can see your awesome crushing skills (for the giggles).

:)

• edited October 2013
    even as a mathematician i thought my post was more fun that the odds debate - and I didn't even get a mention 

#sighfail forum as well as poker
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Sarah and Ross,
    Regarding odds of hitting a one-outer.  Surely the odds change depending on how many cards are left in the deck. On a six seated table, 12 cards will have been dealt to players and 4 on the table, leaving 36 in the deck.  So the chance of hitting one on the river is 36 to 1.

Regards,
    Geof Walker (MISTERWIN)

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with Sarah and Ross *****official show thread*****:
    Hi Sarah and Ross, Regarding odds of hitting a one-outer.  Surely the odds change depending on how many cards are left in the deck. On a six seated table, 12 cards will have been dealt to players and 4 on the table, leaving 36 in the deck.  So the chance of hitting one on the river is 36 to 1. Regards, Geof Walker (MISTERWIN)
    Posted by MISTERWIN
    That's only if you know all of the cards that are out. If you are at the table, the odds are based on how many cards are known to you, which is usually just your hole cards and the three or four community cards.
  • edited October 2013
    Wow! What a finish! Thanks for all your posts we've just put the names in a hat as the diplomatic thing to do so well done to

Boathouse
    Oban

enjoy the ukops mini Sunday! 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with Sarah and Ross *****official show thread*****:
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with Sarah and Ross *****official show thread***** : That's only if you know all of the cards that are out. If you are at the table, the odds are based on how many cards are known to you, which is usually just your hole cards and the three or four community cards.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I agree that you will never know if you have a one-outer unless you can see all the cards that have been dealt.  This is only likely to happen in a heads-up or multiple all-in scenario.  The fact is mathematically that if you have a one-outer it is not necessary to know any cards.  You have reached a point where you want only one specific card from whatever is left of the deck.  You may or may not know this but it does not alter the odds.
    My head hurts.  Regards, Geof