You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Follow Ben in this Thread, & Adam's Blogs, through the day.

They are about to start - Good Luck Ben!

Let's Shuffle up & Deal.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    gl ben was chattin 2 him this mornin on facebook was a little bit nervous but who can blame him, reckon he will do well, will did excellent makin day 2 but expected that hes quality player, but just watch out for this young man my prediction chip count for day  2 65k gl ben and all the other sky poker players
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line:
    Follow Ben in this Thread, & Adam's Blogs, through the day. They are about to start - Good Luck Ben! Let's Shuffle up & Deal. 30,000
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony
    I was talking to Ben at DTD. Tell him to remember he is as good as any of them playing, good luck to him
    colin 
  • edited July 2009
    Go Nutter! Best of Luck and enjoy!

Thanks again for the updates Sir Tikay.
  • edited July 2009

Hi Tikay

these post are great give nutter all my best.

how did BONZIE2 get on?

keep posting

DAI 

• edited July 2009

25 minutes in.

Details coming right up.
  • edited July 2009

I arrived to see Ben & Villain dwelling up on  this Board. (Not sure what order the cards fell). Villain has Position.

A-K-5-T-6, no flush.

There is about 3k in the middle by now, & Villain is facing a 2k River Bet from Ben.

Villain now makes it 4k.

Ben clearly hates this Bet, but it's tough to Pass for 2k into that Pot.

He agonises, he hates it, he wants to Pass, but he has to Call, & he does.

Villain shows 5-5, for a set of 5's.

Ben shows A-T, for 2 Pair.

Tough spot that.

It's shaken him a bit, but with 24k behind, he has no need to fret.

Test of character for a young man, though.
  • edited July 2009
    Come on Ben lets have you through to day 2 too

Good luck
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line:
    Hi Tikay these post are great give nutter all my best. how did BONZIE2 get on? keep posting DAI 
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    Thanks Mr Boot Sir.

I'm afraid BONZIE faild to survive Day 1a, after his Kings got coolered by a bad Ace.
  • edited July 2009
    Keep going Ben - ur solid enough to recover
  • edited July 2009
    I arrived to see Ben & Villain dwelling up on  this Board. (Not sure what order the cards fell). Villain has Position. A-K-5-T-6, no flush. There is about 3k in the middle by now, & Villain is facing a 2k River Bet from Ben. Villain now makes it 4k. Ben clearly hates this Bet, but it's tough to Pass for 2k into that Pot. He agonises, he hates it, he wants to Pass, but he has to Call, & he does. Villain shows 5-5, for a set of 5's. Ben shows A-T, for 2 Pair. Tough spot that. It's shaken him a bit, but with 24k behind, he has no need to fret. Test of character for a young man, though.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I dont think hes done anything wrong and, as you say very difficult to pass for that amount.
    col
  • edited July 2009
    Once he gets settled in he'll do fine.....

Tortoise and the Hare Ben....

GL.
  • edited July 2009

I've just added a new blog in guys Click Here to read

It includes some amazing hands from Will's guest Anthony's super satellite success.

Well worth a read (if I dont say so myself ;-)! )

Go on Ben and Anthony - good luck!

Adam

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line : I dont think hes done anything wrong and, as you say very difficult to pass for that amount. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I agree, he bet out cos he thought he was ahead, and a min reraise on the river is hard to pass to with that much in the pot.

If he check called he might lose less, but he has to bet if he thinks he is ahead and why shouldnt he...

• edited July 2009

After 1 hour of Level 1.

He's BACK!

• edited July 2009
    After 1 hour of Level 1. He's BACK! 28,800
    Posted by Tikay10[/QUOT
    Great, come on Ben,
    A quick question Tony ,
    Is it fair for the guys in the last two day 1s to have to play the extra level?

col
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line :
    After 1 hour of Level 1. He's BACK! 28,800 Posted by Tikay10[/QUOT Great, come on Ben, A quick question Tony , Is it fair for the guys in the last two day 1s to have to play the extra level? col
    Posted by mr_mbro

Hi Col,

Swings in roundabouts really as they will only play 4 levels on Day 2B, whereas Will plays 5 levels on Day 2A....

Adam
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line : Hi Col, Swings in roundabouts really as they will only play 4 levels on Day 2B, whereas Will plays 5 levels on Day 2A.... Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Ok thanks Adam,
    I was thinking of the mental perspective, having to last for another 2 hours to get to day 2, imo, means you have to re evaluate the amount of chips needed to get through.
    col
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah I think being your 1st day you'd probably prefer just the 4 levels, Will was a little tired after yesterday, unless you start hitting cards coming to the end of the session where you might just want to carry on!

Interestingly it was supposed to be 5 levels per day from the start, Harrah's changed it for 1A and 1B at the last minute.

Right we are  approaching the 1st break so i am on my way back to the cardroom to get an update from our boys....
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line : Ok thanks Adam, I was thinking of the mental perspective, having to last for another 2 hours to get to day 2, imo, means you have to re evaluate the amount of chips needed to get through. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I'm not really keen on it Colin, but in the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal, & there are worse things to worry about.

If I were playing I'd not complain, though I suppose it's a bit of a niggle.

• edited July 2009

1.50pm, 10 mins from the End of Level One.

Stay cool honey bunny, stay cool.
  • edited July 2009
    1.50pm, 10 mins from the End of Level One. 28,300 Stay cool honey bunny, stay cool.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    I've got to go to bed, i'm up at 530 am for work.
    Please pass my best onto Ben for the rest of the day, and i look forward to read the posts and blogs in the morning.
    As the Americans say, have a nice day.
    col
  • edited July 2009

Chatted with Ben at the Break. He has the Railing Crew there, too.

He's cool, comfy, & chilled.

His Manhatten went 30k-24k-19k-26k-29k.

The dip from 24k to 19k - 3 hands after the 2 pair v set jobbie - was Ben's T-T v Villain's K-K. The Board came 7 high, so you can work out how that one played! It was against 5-5-5 man, too.

Level Two about to start.

Will's guest, Anthony, is on about 35k I think.
  • edited July 2009
    OK guys here' a summary of the hands which saw Ben flip flop from 24K- 18 K - 28K

Ben is back up to nearly 29,000 chips, from a low of 18,000 – here’s how it happened 

After being down at around 24500 after his A10 ran into a set of 5’s earlier, Ben picks up 1010 and raises it up, with one caller, the same player who made the set. 

Flop comes 9-5-2
    Ben Bets
    Villain Calls

Turn comes 6
    Ben bets
    Villain calls

River is a Jack and ben check calls
    Villain turns over KK

Ben then bounced back from this setback scooping a nice pot: 

Ben QsJs raises it up with one caller #

Flop Ks 9s 2c

Ben Bets out 900 with gutshot straightflush draw
    Villain Calls 

Turn is 2s making his flush  
    Ben bets 1500
    Villain calls 
    River was a blank and Ben check/calls for 2500, aware of the full house possibility and the villain flips over just KJ for Top Pair – Ben takes down a big pot and gets some nice info there….
  • edited July 2009
    And as for Wills Guest Anthony he's had a cracking start and is up to 38000 chips

His big pot was with 86 os in the BB. Early position raiser and a call by in Anthony's words "The Table Fish" meant he wanted to be in the pot so he called from the BB.

Flop came 954 and the fish bets about 150 into 1500 (!), Anthony calls and hits his straight on the turn with a 7.

The fish pays off meaty pot bets on the Turn and River and mucks to Antony's straight - nice work! :-)
  • edited July 2009

All the best Ben, nice bounce back after those two early coolers, I'll be waiting 4u in the usual place when you come back with your new found fame and fortune! 8- />
  • edited July 2009
    Tikay.. what is Ben's chipstack looking like? Is it positive?
  • edited July 2009
    Well done Ben and Ant......still in there!
  • edited July 2009
    Tikay.. what is Ben's chipstack looking like? Is it positive?
    Posted by BJM_FMM
    Looks good, I'll stick some photos up shortly, probz on my Blog.

1 hour into Level 2......

He's incredibly confident, & is playing his own game now.
  • edited July 2009

1 hour & 50 mins into Level 2.

We will try & grab a short Interview with him at the Dinner Break, which is imminent. We interviewed him at the first Break, so that'll be up on the Viva Las Vegas site very shortly I think.

He's playing quite aggro now, mainly because he's getting action hands.

He's been back down to 24,000, but he's Yoyo'd again.

• edited July 2009
    Benny Benny Benny OI OI OI