You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line

2»

Comments

• edited July 2009

In fact, it's NOT a Dinner-Break, it's a 15 minute jobbie, & Dinner wil be partaken after Level 3, as they are playing 5 Levels. All makes sense, really.

He's perfectly settled now, it's no different to a £10 SNG to him. He has sorted out a "mark" on his Table, but has been unable to catch him yet.

• edited July 2009
    Just seen Ben on his break and he is back to 30,000 starting stack, he's very calm and really getting into the game now.

As Tikay said he has been yoyoing again - 29000 - 24000, 27000,23000 and fnally 30000

He's had pocket 10's 5 times (!!) in this session and had to fold 4 of them pre-flop from the Big Blind due to Raise-Reraise-reraise etc before him!

Not too much to report other than that, he made a few chips with a full house vs two pairs, but he says his table is pretty tight, the chip daddy is onlyo n 37000 chips....

As for Anthony, just spoke to him and he's very relaxed and sitting pretty on 36000 chips. He's got a great read now on half his table and the table's calling station, who paid off Anthony well earlier, is now chip daddy so it's just a matter of patience and waiting for his hands.

The tournament has just resumed at level 3 (150/300), next break is the dinner break in  1hr 50 mins - so we'll get a more detailed update then :-)

Go Guys!
  • edited July 2009

1 hour into Level 3.

• edited July 2009

9.15pm Local (05.15 UK).

1 hour remains in Level 4, the penultimate Level of the day.

Blinds are 150-300, RA 25.

Ben had a bit of a misunderstanding, & as a result, was late back from the Dinner Break, & missed two complete Orbits - at a cost of about 1,350. Yikes.

He's under no pressure whatsoever, but the Dinner-Break malarky has bothered him a bit, probably more so than any of the hands he's played.

• edited July 2009

Level 5 (200-400, RA 50) has just begun, it's the last Level of Day 1c.

Level 4 was a bad one for Ben, character building even, "everything went wrong".

But he won't be panicking, he knows that to return on Day 2 with 17,000 or so, (about 25 x BB allowing for RA's), would be perfectly adequate. And if he can pick up a few chips tonight, that's all Bonus.
  • edited July 2009

Ben is OUT, in a horror beat.

There was hefty Pre-Flop action between Ben & the Table Station.

Ben had Q-Q, Station had the monsta that is A-9.

Flop, 9-9-5.

He did nothing wrong, the hand played itself (for Ben), & there's nothing you can do about these Beats.

Ben will be back here in 2010, I fancy, all the better for the experience.

A full Review will be in Adam's Blog shortly.
  • edited July 2009
    hi Tikay, thanks for the update , sad news and totally gutted for Ben, total respect for getting there in the first place.

• edited July 2009
    Unlucky Ben, feeling your pain there. Well done Anthony and good luck Marco!
  • edited July 2009
    GUTTED 4 ya ben, but ur young and very clued up bout poker bud the big win is waiting..keep ur chin up m8
  • edited July 2009
    unlucky ben. I've been watching Tikay's updates/interview's from vegas and had high hopes for you. Don't feel bad on the hand you went out on, I mean you had the best hand going into it (QQ) vs (A9) the flop was cruel, nothing you or anyone else could have done. I would have gone for it with queens, I'm sure most of us on here would have. Major bad beat mate but keep your head up. You've done amazing to get to the WSOP and you should be so proud of yourself. Your a young lad I'm sure next year you'll improve and go on to bigger things.
  • edited July 2009
    Great Effort Ben and ul mate. It will be no cosolation, but i know how you feel, poxy QQ knocked me out last year in similar cirumstances with a raggy Ace caller.

On the up side you have several more days in Vegas to enjoy courtesy of Sky! Have fun! See you on the tables when you get back

Greg
  • edited July 2009
    Unlucky Ben
    Ive been following the timeline as much as i can, I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw you were out. Im gutted for you! Im sure youll be back next year
  • edited July 2009
    Very unlucky Ben but you still did incredibly well! You got to play in the WSOP which is a bit of a dream for many here I'm sure (certainly is for me), and can still enjoy Vegas for a while yet. You've obviously got a real talent for poker and as others have said you're a bit of a whipper-snapper and will be back in Vegas for many more WSOPs to come!

Elliot.

PS next year you need a proper arrival ceremony, take the limelight off Phil H Jnr!