You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday night live with SC and TK quick fire q's *****show thread*****

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment?

Hotel Sofitel Tahiti 1994

Sunbathing naked on the balcony 3 floors up
    a giant nasty insect was heading for my open door 
    I shut the door, As It closed in what appeared to be slow motion.
    I read the sticker ottached "This is a Security Door do not close whilst on the balcony"
    I tried the drainpipe but it started to come away from the wall, So I had to balcony hop about four or five times before I found a room with a maid.
    I can't explain how embarrassed I felt nor the look on her face as she let me in

• edited November 2013
    1.  Name: craig cummins
    2.  Location:spennymoor
    3.  Occupation: environmental volunteer  
    4.  When did you start playing poker? 1 and 1/2 years ago
    5.  Do you prefer tournaments or cash games? cash
    6.  What has been your best result or finest moment? the one time that i was able to get my sharkscope in profit
    7.  What are your poker strengths? aggression in cash
    8.  What are your poker weaknesses? preserving my chips in MTT
    9.  What one thing will the community not know about you? i have Asperger syndrome which is a very complicated mental illness and seems to make me either over par or under par with things
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment.... after having a excellent 6 months of poker which i was able to get £25 made to £400 i then toss it all away entering lots of MTTs every week and so now i have been depositing loads of money again
  • edited November 2013
    1. Name: Steve
    2. Location: Shrewsbury
    3. Occupation: Professional waster
    4. When did you start playing poker? About 10 years ago
    5. Do you prefer tournaments or cash games? Tournaments for show, cash for dough
    6. What has been your best result or finest moment? 4th in English Open Deepstack for £10k
    7. What are your poker strengths? Don't tilt
    8. What are your poker weaknesses? Believing I have no weaknesses
    9. What one thing will the community not know about you? I reached the Grand Final of the TV Show, The Krypton Factor
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment.... Shoving when I thought it was folded to me on the button but missed a previous shove so I was calling with J3.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi sarah and tikay have a great show 
  • edited November 2013
    Hey sarah and tikay. great show :)

1.  Name: Melanie Turnbull
    2.  Location: Galashiels, scotland
    3.  Occupation: Full time mum to mine and the dons 6 month old baby called donald aswell
    4.  When did you start playing poker? January 2012
    5.  Do you prefer tournaments or cash games? Cash games
    6.  What has been your best result or finest moment? 2 weeks in to learning how to play, i played poker at a local pub. came second out of 11 man i was the only women :) 
    7.  What are your poker strengths? i dont know 
    8.  What are your poker weaknesses? losing chips when im doing well by playing most hands
    9.  What one thing will the community not know about you? when i had my baby in april, my mum had my little sister 6 days before me and also had 2 cousins that had babys around the same month too. going to be a busy month for the family :)
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment.... my best friend when i was at school pulled my troussers down in the middle of the canteen. very embarrasing 

Lol_i_call aka Mel

• edited November 2013
    1.  Name: Michael C
    2.  Location: Newcastle
    3.  Occupation: trainee draughtsman
    4.  When did you start playing poker? I think it's about 4 years...
    5.  Do you prefer tournaments or cash games? Tournaments
    6.  What has been your best result or finest moment? either finishing 6th out of 15,323!! or 151st out of 25,375!! HAPPY DAYS!!! (this was on pokerstars)
    7.  What are your poker strengths? having a laugh and just playing for sh*ts and giggles!! too many people take it too seriously and sometimes seem to forget it's just a game.
    8.  What are your poker weaknesses? I have quite a few weaknesses but mainly playing WAY too many hands....
    9.  What one thing will the community not know about you? I'm an "adrenaline junkie", love nothing more than a bit skydiving or bunjee jumping or anything that gives you an adrenaline buzz!!!
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment... (hahahaha) there's no chance i'm putting that on here... basically I lost a bet while on a night out with me mates.... I did the forfeit & the rest is history (hahahaha)

looking forward to the show tonight, should be a good'un!!
  • edited November 2013
    1.  Name: John Gregson

2.  Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire

3.  Occupation: Student

4.  When did you start playing poker? 2 years ago

6.  What has been your best result or finest moment? 6th place in my first live event

7.  What are your poker strengths? Very aggressive player

8.  What are your poker weaknesses? Get carried away too easily 

9.  What one thing will the community not know about you? I play darts to a high standard

10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment.... No embarrassing moments yet, touch wood

• edited November 2013
    1.  Name: GELDY Bob 
    2.  Location: London now and then
    3.  Occupation: Suit wearer
    4.  When did you start playing poker? 2007
    5.  Do you prefer tournaments or cash games? Tournies 
    6.  What has been your best result or finest moment? Most emotional was bubbling the very last VivaLasVegas final after buying in direct (but took several 1000s of bubble cash)
    7.  What are your poker strengths? Playing Live
    8.  What are your poker weaknesses? Playing on-line
    9.  What one thing will the community not know about you? I used to earn my beer money playing pub video games
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment.... if it's good enough for Sarah .... mucking the BB when a check would suffice ... more than once
  • edited November 2013
    So Tikay, did you get a reply from Ryan Riess after your invite to him to play the UKPC?
  • edited November 2013
    hi i have this hand request it was from todays mini
    my question is was i right to fold
  • edited November 2013
    1.  Name: Ben 'Snapper' Grant
    2.  Location: Kilwinning, Scotland
    3.  Occupation: Data Centre Engineer
    4.  When did you start playing poker? 2006 at school in the common room
    5.  Do you prefer tournaments or cash games? cash games mainly £1/£2 in Glasgow
    6.  What has been your best result or finest moment? binking a UKIPT Isle of Man Package
    7.  What are your poker strengths? my shortstack game
    8.  What are your poker weaknesses? to get out of line once i've built a stack
    9.  What one thing will the community not know about you? i'm a radio presenter and music promoter in my spare time
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment.... getting it all in on the river and confidently declaring i had a straight with J8 when in actual fact I only had an 8 and the straight would of been J7
  • edited November 2013
    Sarah, I think your Wiki page is more interesting. Who and how much did you pay to add the last sentence, the one that starts "Champion has a good fashion knowledge thanks to her years as a fashion model...."
  • edited November 2013
    1.  Name:James Mcfall 
    2.  Location:Birmingham
    3.  Occupation:Electrician
    4.  When did you start playing poker?2013
    5.  Do you prefer tournaments or cash games? Tournaments all day long and twice on a Sunday 
    6.  What has been your best result or finest moment? Finest moments was winning the £55bh 3 times in a week and being king of the hill on sky poker winning 11 nights in a row
    7.  What are your poker strengths? Aggression 
    8.  What are your poker weaknesses? Tilt and think I am better than I actually am
    9.  What one thing will the community not know about you? That I done kickboxing for 14 years so beware
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment.... Every SPT as always get very very very drunk and offer every man and his dog HU4ROLLZ including Julian thew, tommyd, mark wright and triggy haha
  • edited November 2013
    1.  Name:Carl Jones aka Mohican
    2.  Location: Middle of Suffolk
    3.  Occupation: Underground train maintainer on the Central line.
    4.  When did you start playing poker? 5 years ago after i tore my achilies from the heel bone playing rugby
    5.  Do you prefer tournaments or cash games?Tournaments but playing more cash of late
    6.  What has been your best result or finest moment? 3rd in a friday ME
    7.  What are your poker strengths?aggro
    8.  What are your poker weaknesses?agrro
    9.  What one thing will the community not know about you? I worked as an Undertaker for a while.(My wife's an embalmer and got me the job)
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment... my Wife gets embarrassed for me.

• edited November 2013
    1.  Name: Chris Jones
    2.  Location: Bristol
    3.  Occupation: Traffic Operations Controller
    4.  When did you start playing poker? October 2011
    6.  What has been your best result or finest moment? Result : Couple of main event wins, plus 9th at SPT, but finest moment meeting the community and sky crew at SPTs - amazing and a must to any sky poker player to go to one
    7.  What are your poker strengths? Raise, Raise, RAISE!!!!!!
    8.  What are your poker weaknesses? Calling those small bets with rubbish to see flops - you know you shouldn't but still call anyway - "Must not do it"
    9.  What one thing will the community not know about you? Even though I enjoy a beer or 20 at the SPTs, I am 110% committed to my job and deliver the best service possible to my customers and employees alike.
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment.... Meeting Rich Orford for the first time at SPT Birmingham, and was drunk to say the least (once I was out of the main) and Rich since then,  I believe thinks I am a raving  alcoholic LOL -  I might add "only when I am off from work and on my trips to SPTs" lol,

Cheers

POKEY2011
    (Chris)
  • edited November 2013
    Im not sure if tikay knows 

but i know he follows the horse racing but a big congrats to ap mccoy the jockey for riding 4000 winners some acheivement that 
  • edited November 2013

10:43 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 451 637 165 37  
    left 17 61 1    

OXBOWLER 13 27      

• edited November 2013
    1.  Name:Jim, Navan
    2.  Location:Ireland
    3.  Occupation:Logistics
    4.  When did you start playing poker When it was UK Betting
    5.  Do you prefer tournaments or cash games? Tourneys
    6.  What has been your best result or finest moment?  Last week, 12th in 25k - by a mile
    7.  What are your poker strengths? see below
    8.  What are your poker weaknesses? Taking poker as fun for too many years
    9.  What one thing will the community not know about you?  I have saved a person's life
    10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment....Going downstairs to the loo after a few beers too many only to find the mother-in law and two aunts still in the living room - I sbered up damn quick but kept walking - the call of nature is a a very strong calling !!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with SC and TK quick fire q's *****show thread*****:
    1.  Name:Jim, Navan 2.  Location:Ireland 3.  Occupation:Logistics 4.  When did you start playing poker When it was UK Betting 5.  Do you prefer tournaments or cash games? Tourneys 6.  What has been your best result or finest moment?  Last week, 12th in 25k - by a mile 7.  What are your poker strengths? see below 8.  What are your poker weaknesses? Taking poker as fun for too many years 9.  What one thing will the community not know about you?  I have saved a person's life 10. And finally... Your embarrassing moment....Going downstairs to the loo after a few beers too many only to find the mother-in law and two aunts still in the living room - I sbered up damn quick but kept walking - the call of nature is a a very strong calling !!
    Posted by FARAWAY

Err, too much info??

• edited November 2013
    from cardu

mark wincell
    Worthing
    used to look after 200 + 18 year old students every night (security)
    30 years ago
    tournaments
    still waiting for best result
    can play a short stack(lots of practice lol)
    too tight near the bubble
    I have fibromyalgia
    got caught kissing my best mates (rivermunky)girlfriend at my engagement party.....it was a short engagement
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with SC and TK quick fire q's *****show thread*****:
    ,1 Name patty smith,2 Location some where in the Midlands,3 Occupation Electrician,4 When did you start playing poker 2006,5 dym's 6 What has been your finest moment,winning the top of the posts tourny,7 what are your poker strengths not sure i have any 8 same as 7.9 what one thing will the community not know about you,i am a bloke,10 your embarrassing moment railing HITMANRV AND NOT REALISING I HAD TYPED TITMAN :):):)
    Posted by paige55
    Hi Sarah, caught some of your show repeat yesterday morning, i Think my husband did a pay back time on me,When i played the top of the posts tourney i would not let him watch me play, i did not write this post,He did, i remember telling him what i had typed about HITMAN_RV,Also he new i had won the top of the posts tourney,So to put the record straight,My name is patricia Smith,i am a House Wife,Who is married to an Electrician,AND I WILL SLAP HIM,FROM A NOT SO HAPPY WIFE