You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fun to Income £3923.77 profit;)

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Good luck with this.

If you are a winning player take your profit from the month as an income, or say to yourself i'm going to take x amount and let the rest grow.

BRM, people will spout different figures 50bi's for cash, 0r less. It really depends what you are playing and your playing style and amount of tables played. Just really what you are comfortable with.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Hi everyone

I read lambert180 diary and followed his progress and after seeing him take his shot I've decided I would like to start putting myself in that position one day thanks for the inspiration Lambert180
    I'm wanting to start a new "diary" as many players I know say doing this helps your game a lot. Well this year I've been on most sites and I've decided Sky is the one for me. Well here is my aim I'm going to begin with a small BR and I'm going to try grind it up to a point where I could maybe withdraw some money on a weekly or monthly basis. With the help and support from the forum I hope to achieve this and hopefully the forum can reign me in if I come off track. I've always played poker for fun so BR management never been my thing but I plan on being a BR nit to get to my goals so advice on what % or BR should be used for cash STT MTT. I have no timeframe on this goal so this may go a few years :) but I plan on focusing a lot of time on my poker now and I'm not new player so hopefully not a massive learning curve as I begin at the micro stakes. I will try keep this as updated as possible feel free to chin me if I haven't posted in a few days. Well all feedback and comments are welcome and I will try reply to any questions

Thanks DrRunGood
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Fun to Income:
    Hi everyone I read lambert180 diary and followed his progress and after seeing him take his shot I've decided I would like to start putting myself in that position one day thanks for the inspiration Lambert180 I'm wanting to start a new "diary" as many players I know say doing this helps your game a lot. Well this year I've been on most sites and I've decided Sky is the one for me. Well here is my aim I'm going to begin with a small BR and I'm going to try grind it up to a point where I could maybe withdraw some money on a weekly or monthly basis. With the help and support from the forum I hope to achieve this and hopefully the forum can reign me in if I come off track. I've always played poker for fun so BR management never been my thing but I plan on being a BR nit to get to my goals so advice on what % or BR should be used for cash STT MTT. I have no timeframe on this goal so this may go a few years :) but I plan on focusing a lot of time on my poker now and I'm not new player so hopefully not a massive learning curve as I begin at the micro stakes. I will try keep this as updated as possible feel free to chin me if I haven't posted in a few days. Well all feedback and comments are welcome and I will try reply to any questions Thanks DrRunGood
    Posted by DrRunGood

Hey DrRunGood, 

I too decided to do the same thanks to Lambert posts! I decided for me the most secure way of building my roll would be the dym's. I started at the 1.25£ with only 8£ bankroll. Everyday i make note of.....
    Games played vs win / loss
    Total Allin's / Ahead - w-l /behind -w-l / flip w-l /
    I do this so i can better understand my game an understand where to improve. I also save a daily sharkscope profit graph to my desktop showing my progression. 
    Lamert has been a huge insperation to me aswell and he has offered some fantastic advise, the forums here a great for technician knowlege aswell. 

anyhow, i aim for 50 buy ins before i increase my stake. I currently have £116 after two weeks :)

Good luck,and i hope to see u on the tables :)

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Fun to Income:
    Good luck with this. If you are a winning player take your profit from the month as an income, or say to yourself i'm going to take x amount and let the rest grow. BRM, people will spout different figures 50bi's for cash, 0r less. It really depends what you are playing and your playing style and amount of tables played. Just really what you are comfortable with.  
    Posted by LARSON7
    That's my problem I'm happy playing my full BR at a table but I think 50 BIs sounds bout right I think I'll play at that level and take it from there thanks. I wasn't planning on taking anything at all till I had a big BR which will be a while but you make a good point about taking out what I win but I would prob prefer keep in all poker money and withdraw whatever C4P I make. What you think?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Fun to Income : Hey DrRunGood,  I too decided to do the same thanks to Lambert posts! I decided for me the most secure way of building my roll would be the dym's. I started at the 1.25£ with only 8£ bankroll. Everyday i make note of..... Games played vs win / loss Total Allin's / Ahead - w-l /behind -w-l / flip w-l / I do this so i can better understand my game an understand where to improve. I also save a daily sharkscope profit graph to my desktop showing my progression.  Lamert has been a huge insperation to me aswell and he has offered some fantastic advise, the forums here a great for technician knowlege aswell.  anyhow, i aim for 50 buy ins before i increase my stake. I currently have £116 after two weeks :) Good luck,and i hope to see u on the tables :)
    Posted by Waddell93
    well done turning £8 into £116 in 2 weeks is amazing. I once done an £8 challenge for fun I put link below. I did play sky solid for a while at beginning of year and moved on mid year and when I came back 2 weeks ago I was playing dyms with a high cash rate so I may take your advice and maybe dedicate myself to dyms till I possibly double my starting BR 

Thanks DrRunGood

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a8018b881-0545-4c45-af84-d4f9f7ee055c&plckCurrentPage=0 
  • edited November 2013
    c4p wont be that much will it? Mine's is usually between £15-25 per month.

Not better to say I have a bankroll of whatever, say £500, and profit over the week or month is withdrawn while leaving yourself £500, if you fall below that level, no withdrawls.
  • edited November 2013
    c4p wont be that much will it? Mine's is usually between £15-25 per month. Not better to say I have a bankroll of whatever, say £500, and profit over the week or month is withdrawn while leaving yourself £500, if you fall below that level, no withdrawls.
    Posted by LARSON7
    £15-£25 would be great I have  fulltime job and never relied on money from poker well not on a reg basis but if I take any winnings I make over a month out then my BR never grows and I can not move up levels and make more profit and C4P.

thanks DrRunGood
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Fun to Income : £15-£25 would be great I have  fulltime job and never relied on money from poker well not on a reg basis but if I take any winnings I make over a month out then my BR never grows and I can not move up levels and make more profit and C4P. thanks DrRunGood
    Posted by DrRunGood
    Id say build br to 1k you can play with say 5% of stack ... you profit in those games and you'll be withdrawing few hundred a month ... lossing streak you with draw nohing and lower you 5% when undr the 1k ... thats what wil be my eventual goal.... gl
  • edited November 2013
    Good luck on this Dr its something I've been trying to do for a while with a little success. Love to make a few pounds a month to supplement income.  
  • edited November 2013
    I got a question mainly aimed at the true grinders.
    I usualy always start off on a loser due to either bad play or bad luck and a friend said im not preparing myself right. So my question to the grinders how do you prepare yourself for a Grind

Thanks DrRunGood
  • edited November 2013
    Well you can't do any warm up to avoid bad luck as I'm sure you know lol...

But it is quite common for people to jump on the cash tables, drop a few BIs quickly and spend the rest of the session winning them back and trying to make a profit. Part of it is probably that it seems like it happens alot just cos it sticks in our minds.... like you probably won't remember sitting down and 30 mins in being break even cos that's not memorable, you will remember being 3-4 BIs down in <10 mins though lol.

The other part, someone brought this up recently (I think Harry hhyfdtrr) can be that we just jump in too quick, and are instantly trying to do what we normally do, maybe making a few light call downs or running a few too many big bluffs when we haven't given ourselves the opportunity to see how the table is playing. Like you might make a bluff shove a river against someone within 10 mins and get stacked, but an hour into the session in the same spot you might know not to do that cos they might be the kinda person who just isn't folding a pair.

Personally, I don't do much (any?) of a warm up... just make sure I got everything I need to hand; a drink/snack etc.

Something I have done a couple of times though (and I should do more)... when I've looked through my HHs, I've written down just in a notepad document any mistakes I think I'm making like....

1) Stop peeling trashy hands from the BB
    2) When you say to yourself bet/fold.... do actually fold lol.

Whatever you write down anyway save the notepad document, then at the start of the next session just have a look through them so the main mistakes you usually make are in the front of your mind and you can keep an eye on not making them mistakes.
  • edited November 2013
    GL with the challenge and the diary.

Just played you on a 6max - that was a tough table for a £1 6max

I wont complain about the suck-out on the bubble though just wonder what range you put me on shoving with to make your call?
  • edited November 2013
    Well you can't do any warm up to avoid bad luck as I'm sure you know lol... But it is quite common for people to jump on the cash tables, drop a few BIs quickly and spend the rest of the session winning them back and trying to make a profit. Part of it is probably that it seems like it happens alot just cos it sticks in our minds.... like you probably won't remember sitting down and 30 mins in being break even cos that's not memorable, you will remember being 3-4 BIs down in <10 mins though lol. The other part, someone brought this up recently (I think Harry hhyfdtrr) can be that we just jump in too quick, and are instantly trying to do what we normally do, maybe making a few light call downs or running a few too many big bluffs when we haven't given ourselves the opportunity to see how the table is playing. Like you might make a bluff shove a river against someone within 10 mins and get stacked, but an hour into the session in the same spot you might know not to do that cos they might be the kinda person who just isn't folding a pair. Personally, I don't do much (any?) of a warm up... just make sure I got everything I need to hand; a drink/snack etc. Something I have done a couple of times though (and I should do more)... when I've looked through my HHs, I've written down just in a notepad document any mistakes I think I'm making like.... 1) Stop peeling trashy hands from the BB 2) When you say to yourself bet/fold.... do actually fold lol. Whatever you write down anyway save the notepad document, then at the start of the next session just have a look through them so the main mistakes you usually make are in the front of your mind and you can keep an eye on not making them mistakes.
    Posted by Lambert180

yea on other sites I use my holdem manager to look through prev sessions hand history but on sky I have no idea how to use the hand history quite annoying to be honest that you cant just see all your hands instead of needing a hand number unless you could explain it to me mate. I think your correct tho with the whole jumping str8 in playing reg game because I feel more im on the more profit I make altho il not be on cash for a bit I might start each session with a check over hand history (if I learn how to use it) and a few mayb dyms or sit nd gos to loosen me up and got my brain in poker mode.

p.s. how the life of a pro going mate can you put link up to your blog I keep losing it

Thanks DrRunGood
  • edited November 2013
    hi everyone

ok today is my first day of starting this well im going to say ambition instead of challenge. so wish me luck and il post my results up when im done. I plan on playing 12 dyms at £1 and £2 level and maybe do some 4nl after that but il do the dyms first see how I get on

thanks DrRunGood
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Fun to Income : yea on other sites I use my holdem manager to look through prev sessions hand history but on sky I have no idea how to use the hand history quite annoying to be honest that you cant just see all your hands instead of needing a hand number unless you could explain it to me mate. I think your correct tho with the whole jumping str8 in playing reg game because I feel more im on the more profit I make altho il not be on cash for a bit I might start each session with a check over hand history (if I learn how to use it) and a few mayb dyms or sit nd gos to loosen me up and got my brain in poker mode. p.s. how the life of a pro going mate can you put link up to your blog I keep losing it Thanks DrRunGood
    Posted by DrRunGood
    You can go on My Sky Poker = /> Hand History and just search ALL/CASH GAMES for the time period of your session.

Or you can go on My account => Transactions - Show me Poker activity from the last {2 days} (for example) and click search. Will come up with a list of all the tables you have played on - and you can see the entire hand history for that table.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Fun to Income : You can go on My Sky Poker = /> Hand History and just search ALL/CASH GAMES for the time period of your session. Or you can go on My account = /> Transactions - Show me Poker activity from the last {2 days} (for example) and click search. Will come up with a list of all the tables you have played on - and you can see the entire hand history for that table.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    thanks but im still finding it hard to locate what your telling me to go to I went to search my poker activity and says I have had no poker activity in last 24hours frustrating to say least. When I go to hand history its only letting me see last 50 hands unless I have hand number its really annoying me I cant see my hands il be honest. when I look at hands in history of the game its not in depth it just shows you hand played and pot doesn't show position who won (if not yourself) and so on.
  • edited November 2013
    GL with the challenge and the diary. Just played you on a 6max - that was a tough table for a £1 6max   I wont complain about the suck-out on the bubble though just wonder what range you put me on shoving with to make your call?
    Posted by Phantom66
    I was just testing a few diff variety of poker available here but if you post hand as I cant quite remember il be happy to comment on my thoughts.

thanks DrRunGood
  • edited November 2013
    Hi All

well just finished the 12 dyms session im messing about with skys account to try get you some hands and results up tbh very disappointing session ended 30p up don't know if dyms are for me seems too long for low pay out. ive only 1 I can complain about when I shoved with kk into the small stacks bb and got called by big stack with aj off was a strange one.
    I played 12 3x £1.15 and 9x £2.25  coming to a total of £23.70 I won 2x £1 and 5x £2 coming to £24 making 30p profit. lost a few deciding 50/50 actualy all my deciding 50/50s on another day I could have cash maybe 2 or 3 more if I win them but as I said only 1 I was left scratching my head rest played as they should.

il try get some hands for you all to look at and the results to go with my figures and will try micro cash later will be a bit of a culture shock for me but looking forward to it.

thanks DrRunGood
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Everyone

so had a session tonight at cash tables and then a little timed tourney on the end went not to bad here is results

14 Nov '13 at 02:17Poker£20 Gtd (15 mins)£1.06£0.00Poker AIR clientHand History14 Nov '13 at 00:43PokerHale Barnes£11.93£0.00InternetHand History14 Nov '13 at 00:41PokerWatchet£-4.00£0.00InternetHand History14 Nov '13 at 00:41PokerChard£0.73£0.00InternetHand History13 Nov '13 at 23:47PokerFeinton£1.23£0.00InternetHand History13 Nov '13 at 23:47PokerBelton£1.49£0.00InternetHand History13 Nov '13 at 23:47PokerKingsgate£-4.00£0.00InternetHand History
    puts me up another £8.44.
  • edited November 2013

so played tonight felt it went well till towards the end when I got a couple of big hands busted also felt action dried up fast a few of my tables were playing very short handed at one point 3 tables were heads up. Had fun tho try to play my normal poker got me in trouble sometimes I don't know if I should tighten up a lot more in micro stakes im playing maybe 25-30% of hands would love to hear from you micro stake crushers on that but on the other hand it was my prem hands that got me busted. I will post a few hands for opinions 

Thanks DrRunGood 

• edited November 2013
    Scratville Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £12.80
    WALLY212 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £10.49
      Your hole cards
    • A

BIGSHANN Fold     
    guest1395 Fold     
    DrRunGood Raise  £0.32 £0.44 £15.37
    wasky-180 Raise  £1.12 £1.56 £6.79
    Scratville Fold     
    WALLY212 Fold     
    DrRunGood Call  £0.80 £2.36 £14.57
    Flop

DrRunGood Check     
    wasky-180 Bet  £2.36 £4.72 £4.43
    DrRunGood All-in  £14.57 £19.29 £0.00
    wasky-180 All-in  £4.43 £23.72 £0.00
    DrRunGood Unmatched bet  £7.78 £15.94 £7.78
    DrRunGood Show
    • A

wasky-180 Show
    • A
    • K

Turn

River

DrRunGood Win Two Pairs, 10s and 7s £14.74
    this was my biggest winning hand.
  • edited November 2013
    Karaoke Big blind  £0.04 £0.04 £4.02
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

DrRunGood Raise  £0.12 £0.16 £5.19
    cain82 Fold     
    Karaoke All-in  £4.02 £4.18 £0.00
    DrRunGood Call  £3.94 £8.12 £1.25
    Karaoke Show

DrRunGood Show
    • J
    • J

Flop

• K

Turn

River

Karaoke Win Straight to the 10 £7.51
    biggest loss of the night
  • edited November 2013
    heres an example of how not to play aces I knew I was beat but small player mind and no respect if I truly thought I was winning I would have pushed on river not called left myself so annoyed with myself  this is something I would do first day I picked up a packed of cards aaarrrrhggg
    baronk13 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £2.36
    BIGSHANN Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £8.04
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

guest1395 Fold     
    DrRunGood Raise  £0.28 £0.40 £22.27
    baronk13 Call  £0.24 £0.64 £2.12
    BIGSHANN Fold     
    Flop

baronk13 Check     
    DrRunGood Bet  £0.48 £1.12 £21.79
    baronk13 Call  £0.48 £1.60 £1.64
    Turn

baronk13 Check     
    DrRunGood Check     
    River

• J

baronk13 Bet  £1.60 £3.20 £0.04
    DrRunGood Call  £1.60 £4.80 £20.19
    baronk13 Show

DrRunGood Muck
    • A
    • A

baronk13 Win Three 6s £4.44
  • edited November 2013
    heres me getting taught a lesson for playing like a 16 year old with his dads credit card
    DrRunGood Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.97
    luma7801 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.10
      Your hole cards
    • A

DrRunGood Raise  £0.10 £0.16 £5.87
    luma7801 Call  £0.08 £0.24 £3.02
    Flop

• Q
    • A

luma7801 Check     
    DrRunGood Bet  £0.12 £0.36 £5.75
    luma7801 Raise  £0.32 £0.68 £2.70
    DrRunGood Call  £0.20 £0.88 £5.55
    Turn

luma7801 Bet  £0.68 £1.56 £2.02
    DrRunGood Call  £0.68 £2.24 £4.87
    River

luma7801 All-in  £2.02 £4.26 £0.00
    DrRunGood Fold     
    luma7801 Show

luma7801 Win  £2.07  £2.07
    luma7801 Return  £2.02
  • edited November 2013
    was I right to shove here or could I have got more out this pot?
    cain82 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.24
    bradduz Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.30
      Your hole cards
    • K

sct324 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.86
    DrRunGood Raise  £0.12 £0.22 £4.31
    cain82 Fold     
    bradduz Call  £0.08 £0.30 £3.22
    sct324 Call  £0.08 £0.38 £1.78
    Flop

• J

bradduz Check     
    sct324 Bet  £0.04 £0.42 £1.74
    DrRunGood Raise  £0.20 £0.62 £4.11
    bradduz Fold     
    sct324 Call  £0.16 £0.78 £1.58
    Turn

sct324 Check     
    DrRunGood Bet  £0.40 £1.18 £3.71
    sct324 Raise  £0.80 £1.98 £0.78
    DrRunGood All-in  £3.71 £5.69 £0.00
    sct324 Fold     
    DrRunGood Muck     
    DrRunGood Win  £2.20  £2.20
    DrRunGood Return  £3.31
  • edited November 2013
    i hope i dnt put the knockers on ya but i see ya 1st in the primo lets hope u crush the primo and have a nice roll good luck :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Fun to Income £8.77 profit;):
    I plan on being a BR nit to get to my goals so advice on what % or BR should be used for cash STT MTT. I have no timeframe on this goal so this may go a few years :) but I plan on focusing a lot of time on my poker now and I'm not new player so hopefully not a massive learning curve as I begin at the micro stakes.
    Posted by DrRunGood
    GL in the rest of Primo, saw you on the TV - bad luck on the above goal though :)
  • edited November 2013
    first to say vwd m8
  • edited November 2013
    i didnt put the knockers on it i see u tid welldone congrats nice cash :)
  • edited November 2013
    hi all

thanks for messages well sat in to primo and took it down £3915

thanks DrRunGood