You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's £15k Primo - with James & Stuart (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Well, hello!

Mr Rutter and I will be in the house from 7pm on Sunday, with an hour of hands from the Master Cash tables, before switching our focus to the main event...

You know what to do: register for £55, or get in the game via a satellite. Just make sure you're playing, and then follow the action on channel 861, as we work our way through your hand requests and poker-related questions.

We'll also have updates from this weekend's UKPC Final. And we'll be discussing this chap...

That, ladies and gentleman, is the new 'No Limit Hold'em World Champion' (and self-proclaimed "best player in the world") Ryan Riess. After defeating Jay Farber heads-up, 'Riess the Beast' is $8.4m richer.

You'll notice that Ryan's friends and family had his nickname on their T-shirts, while the man himself chose to wear a Calvin Johnson jersey (which has earned him a sideline ticket to a Detroit Lions game)...

As for Jay Farber? Well, he brought his lucky panda to the game...

But we'll gloss over the guy in a panda costume who crashed the stage! So, if you made the November Nine...

* What would be your nickname?
* What would you wear?
* How would you dress your railing crew?
* What would be your official anthem?
* What would you choose as your mascot?

E-mail:  skyopen@bskyb.com
Twitter:  #SkyPokerTV

Comments

• edited November 2013
    * What would be your nickname? The Don 
    * What would you wear? Probably my TKP hoody
    * How would you dress your railing crew? Lots of Oranage and Black
    * What would be your official anthem? Right here, right now (fatboy slim) 
    * What would you choose as your mascot? Meerkat 

Dress thing i think is strange, because i would say my favorite football top, but out of habit of British rules i doupt i'd even consider it in the moment. 
  • edited November 2013
    $8.4m richer? Well, if you believe what you read, that figure will be $4.8 after tax. Only 1 of the 9 finalists is exemped from paying tax as they reside in Blighty (depsite being French). 

This country is far from perfect, but if one of us somehow binks the WSOP ME, we get to keep all the monies :)

Have a great show guys.
  • edited November 2013
    And the stories are that he's only got 20% if himself anyway.

Was he the only one of the final table players not to be "patched up"? I only saw from 6-handed so missed the first three players. Let's hope one of these days we get a "Sky Poker" patch extensively aired on the TV coverage.

I thought the way Riess handled the heads up play was spot on. He gave Farber just enough rope in the right places to hang himself (and would have finsihed the job quicker had he not fallen for that massive bluff). Of course having the best cards by miles also helped.

Is he primarily a tournament player or a cash player? Greg Merson being a high stakes cash player has been conspicously absent from the wider poker scene since his WSOP ME win (which of course is his right). I prefer someone like Duhamel as a ME champion, getting out there and being seen and giving others the chance to play with the "World Champ" not just playing with multi-millionaires in a private room in Macao.

Best moment of the heads up was the Riess rail chanting "Endangered Species" to the panda.

• edited November 2013
    Suppose I have to go with a theme here...

* What would be your nickname? The Phantom
    * What would you wear? Phantom mask and black cape
    * How would you dress your railing crew? Purple morph suits
    * What would be your official anthem? Phantom of the opera
    * What would you choose as your mascot? Deepdale Duck

• edited November 2013
    * What would be your nickname? ICE TIGER
    * What would you wear? Orange & Black Stripes, I guess
    * How would you dress your railing crew? As Above
    * What would be your official anthem? Eye of the Tiger, I guess
    * What would you choose as your mascot? I think that is kind of obvious..

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £15k Primo - with James & Stuart (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    * What would be your nickname? The Don  * What would you wear? Probably my TKP hoody * How would you dress your railing crew? Lots of Oranage and Black * What would be your official anthem? Right here, right now (fatboy slim)  * What would you choose as your mascot? Meerkat  Dress thing i think is strange, because i would say my favorite football top, but out of habit of British rules i doupt i'd even consider it in the moment. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hmmm...

I'm not sure "The Don" is going to cut it. Remember: the Americans treat this as a huge sporting event.

How about The Deadly Don? Or The Dynamic Don? Or The Dangerous Don?

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £15k Primo - with James & Stuart (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    $8.4m richer? Well, if you believe what you read, that figure will be $4.8 after tax. Only 1 of the 9 finalists is exemped from paying tax as they reside in Blighty (depsite being French).  This country is far from perfect, but if one of us somehow binks the WSOP ME, we get to keep all the monies :) Have a great show guys.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Oh, Bob, don't open that can of worms!

The official way of "keeping score" in poker is to record the amount of money actually paid out.

If we start deducting tax, factoring in back-room deals, and calculating how much action each player sold, it's going to get very, very, very complicated.

(But, for the record, I do think it's laughable that Antonio Esfandiari is number one on the All Time Money List.)

• edited November 2013

If i made the November Nine i'd pass out 

* What would be your nickname? Captain Jack Sparrow 
    * What would you wear? Pirate outfit
    * How would you dress your railing crew? Costumes from Pirates of the Carrabian
    * What would be your official anthem? Who Wants To Live Forever (Queen)
    * What would you choose as your mascot? The Black Pearl
  • edited November 2013
    One thing to consider when selecting an anthem...

Ideally, it should have a catchy chorus that your railing crew can start singing/chanting, every time you win a big pot!

• edited November 2013
    One thing to consider when selecting an anthem... Ideally, it should have a catchy chorus that your railing crew can start singing/chanting, every time you win a big pot!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Well I think "The Phantom of the Opera is here" works on that score.

PS If I ever make the final 9 I will happily pay for flights and accommodation for anyone who wants to come and rail me. Don't forget about the purple morph suit before you sign up!
  • edited November 2013
    Nickname: Teddy "sweetsugar" Bloat has a nice ring to it.

Attire: got to be a nice suit if im on the tele. I find marks and spensers suits to be  the height of sartorial elegance. Id even shave for the final.

Railing crew: there is no way id allow the pseudo-stag-do, ruggerbugger style organised "fun"  of a coordnated, whooping and hollering rail. A few lads from sunny birkenhead in their vintage sambas would be mooching around,  most would prefer to search out tbe darker side of the strip  anyway. Friends and family? Its pokernot the x-factor.

Theme song: the intro to ian dury and the blockheads' "pliastow patricia"

Mascot: there'd be a bottle of johnny walker red next to me throughout, if that counts.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited November 2013
    nickname would be - the real deal 

What would i wear- suit an tie ha probs jeans an a shirt 

How would you dress your railing crew - i will have them wear mankini :)

* What would be your official anthem - take that-rule the world haha

* What would you choose as your mascot - borat :D 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £15k Primo - with James & Stuart (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Well I think "The Phantom of the Opera is here" works on that score. PS If I ever make the final 9 I will happily pay for flights and accommodation for anyone who wants to come and rail me. Don't forget about the purple morph suit before you sign up!
    Posted by Phantom66
    Agreed. As long as everyone does their best Sarah Brightman impersonation, and screeches the words!

• edited November 2013
    James, there's a thread in the rail section of the forum about tv series that is awaiting your input...

Cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited November 2013
    James, there's a thread in the rail section of the forum about tv series that is awaiting your input... Cheers, TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Done.
  • edited November 2013
    Hand request

2013-11-10 01:16:25 
    MasterCash4

It will be more interesting to play this hand from Lambert's perspective and not mine
    Question for Stuart is "does he think the button calling the 3bet with this type of hand will be +ev over time, or will it lose more bit by bit than it wins with the occasional bink?"
  • edited November 2013
    * What would be your nickname?
    The Big Slip
    * What would you wear?
    Something smart, perhaps channeling James Cagney. I do love spats, so I'd have to rock up in a pair of those.
    * How would you dress your railing crew?
    As my railing crew will be female admittance only, I will have them dressed like the girls from Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love video. Guitars optional.
    * What would be your official anthem?
    I'd be tempted to go with Eye of the Tiger for its instant testosterone boosting qualities, but may ultimately settle for something like I Should Be So Lucky to try and tilt the opposition.
    * What would you choose as your mascot?
    A Tikay bobblehead.
  • edited November 2013
    RE: that AK hand posted by Geldy...

Geldy is capable of making moves and doing some funky stuff stuff which is why I was happier flatting his flop raise. The queen on the river meant I felt I could get him to just sigh call any Ax as he now has 2pr Q kicker. I deffo should fold to the raise.

What can I say, I'm a massive station. As Stuart said, I was probably confused by the turn checkback. It's a really bad call on the river 100% Geldy is capable of doing some funky stuff but with more than 10 seconds to think about it, I know his line in the hand is NEVER a bluff, and NEVER a worse value hand. Should have saved £14 there by folding the river.
  • edited November 2013
    evening gents
    having qualified for the primo main event via the semi their couldn't be a better way to finish my week of decent tournements than to get past the bubble of the biggest tourney of all the primo

* What would be your nickname? pokerking
    * What would you wear? cloths that would make me look like a beginner
    * How would you dress your railing crew? in a suit.
    * What would be your official anthem? the same one that is used by newcastle
    * What would you choose as your mascot? someone dressed as a shark 
  • edited November 2013
    One thing to consider when selecting an anthem... Ideally, it should have a catchy chorus that your railing crew can start singing/chanting, every time you win a big pot!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    ICE - ICE - BABY
  • edited November 2013
    * What would be your nickname? The incredible dynamic super-sonic handsome gazza - American enough for you?
    * What would you wear? Burgundy Tux
    * How would you dress your railing crew?  Burgundy dresses...
    * What would be your official anthem? We Will Rock You
    * What would you choose as your mascot? A Burgundy Scorpion.

Yeah I like burgundy... so what?  :)
  • edited November 2013
    hi guys great show,I wondered if u could look at a hand for me . I think I made the right move but it bothers me why my opponent made such a big bet at the end , even if it was a bluff do u think it was the right fold ? I am a fairly new player and any feedback would be appreciated
                                                            Thanks and goodluck Harrygundo
      Hand I d 707499451 from session 3283719244 on 2013/11/06 1830 on ukpc freeroll

ps your question  Nickname - Harrygundo
                                wear - Gunslingers outfit
                               Railing crew - Black and white stripes with swag bags and masks
                              Anthem - Stand and Deliver ( adam and the ants )
                               Mascot - Pair of six guns
                          Yee Haa
  • edited November 2013
    hello james and stuart.
    great show so far :) 

* What would be your nickname? Amazing Mel 
    * What would you wear? bright pink things i.e bright pink leggings, bright pink top, bright pink leg warmers, bright pink hand band with sticky up bits, bright pink make up and also bright pink tutu.
    * How would you dress your railing crew? same sort of outfit as me bit multi colours
    * What would be your official anthem? its the final countdown song
    * What would you choose as your mascot? a giraffe 

lol_i_call aka mel 

• edited November 2013
    From Primo
    did i get max on river

• edited November 2013
    from  cardu
    good evening,enjoying the show

What would be your nickname? big bad wolf (blow down your house) * What would you wear? tasty suit (brat pack style)* How would you dress your railing crew? top hat and tails* What would be your official anthem? whoop there it is* What would be your mascot? Kelly brooke (to distract other players)
  • edited November 2013
    hi guys,
    thanks for the analysis on the hand earlier - sorry Lambert for the exposure

name: the Glitzy GELDY
    outfit: suit adorned by coins from around the world
    railers: anything gold coloured 
    anthem: money for nothing (and your chicks for free) - Dire Straights
    mascot: a GOLD BAR
  • edited November 2013
    help please I want to get out of tilt after the stress I got from this hand
    709022723 from the primo
  • edited November 2013
    Thoughts on this hand from the Primo please.

Pre-flop I think is a good squeeze spot for the SB, but I don't want to 4-bet to get shoved on.

Flop is a good board, bit of a relief going 3-way. Pre-flop aggressor leads out, how to proceed? Don't like flat calling in case button squeezes or a big card comes on turn, but raising I think only gets action from better hands?

Primo, #709017996
  • edited November 2013
    alright guys,

just joined up yesterday with the free £20 and already had a royal flush and two sets of quads !!

been a terrible year and remarkably your channels chatter has kept me sane so thanks and wish me luck

Nad1m
  • edited November 2013
    Out of the Final already... guy flops a fullhouse and i turn a straight!!

GG i guess.... theres always next week..... sigh!