You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

S-Scope Relevance on Sky Poker for tournament grinders?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013
    DOHHHH even said that he thinks it increases his ROI by at least 2%. That's quite a lot for STT's. If a recreational player knew about SS would they want to play DOHHHH once they saw his graph? Probably not. But a lot of recreational players don't even know about SS. 
  • edited November 2013
    That's completely different. Sharkscope is an outside influence which gives an advantage to those in the know. I imagine a lot less recreational players know about sharkscope than you think. Obviously those that visit forums will eventually hear about it but those that don't will never know. 

What if HUD's were free to use and available for those to find them, would you then be OK with that? Even though a lot of players will still not even know anything about HUD's?

Where do we draw the line with how much an outside influence can increase your W/R to make it an unfair advantage? 
  • edited November 2013

Someone did read my post :)

Fwiw, just to be clear....

I don't use shakrscope for game selection, or to 'bumhunt' as people may or may not describe it.

I use it to gain some edge on my opponents whilst readless. In turbo HU games, it often takes 4/5 games before you can pick reads up on the opponents through playing them, so any information I can have during those first few games is priceless and makes a big difference.

As u were..... ;)
  • edited November 2013

Note that anyone can "block" or "lock" their Sharkscope, so that their results cannot be viewed or seen.
  • edited November 2013
    @ Tikay: I have no idea how we go about blocking/locking my sharkscope, so how is someone who doesn't even know about it going to be able to block their results? IMO it shoud be an "OPT IN" not a "OPT OUT" thing. That way everyone that is happy for their results to be public can do so and those that don't even know about sharkscope will no longer be at a disadvantage. Also, surely the fact that Sharkscope goves this option proves that the information can be useful? If not why bother having the option to block it?

@ DOHHHH: Like I said I don't have a problem with people using sharkscope whilst it's there. I just think it's an unfair advantage and there's no need for it!

Having said all this I'm not too sure how big of an advantage it can be. It's pretty easy to see once you're playing someone if they're competent or not. And I tend to err on the side of assuming a name I haven't seen before isn't a shark!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: S-Scope Relevance on Sky Poker for tournament grinders?:
    [QUOTE]@ Tikay: I have no idea how we go about blocking/locking my sharkscope, so how is someone who doesn't even know about it going to be able to block their results? IMO it shoud be an "OPT IN" not a "OPT OUT" thing. That way everyone that is happy for their results to be public can do so and those that don't even know about sharkscope will no longer be at a disadvantage. Also, surely the fact that Sharkscope goves this option proves that the information can be useful? If not why bother having the option to block it? @ DOHHHH: Like I said I don't have a problem with people using sharkscope whilst it's there. I just think it's an unfair advantage and there's no need for it! Having said all this I'm not too sure how big of an advantage it can be. It's pretty easy to see once you're playing someone if they're competent or not. And I tend to err on the side of assuming a name I haven't seen before isn't a shark!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Afternoon Officer Ivan.

Really, thats a matter you'd need to take up with Sharkscope, it is not within the remit or control of Sky Poker.

As to whether they are "useful", yes, they are, to those who know how to interpret them.

To others who have quoted SS stats, please note SS ONLY collates stats for SNG's & MTT's, NOT Cash Games, so placing too much reliance on those SS Stats is fraught with danger.

As a general rule, their stats are a good "rough & ready" guide to those who wish to use them in that knowledge. It is a Subscription model (pay-site) but costs literally pennnies per day. 

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: S-Scope Relevance on Sky Poker for tournament grinders?:
    Someone did read my post :) Fwiw, just to be clear.... I don't use shakrscope for game selection, or to 'bumhunt' as people may or may not describe it. I use it to gain some edge on my opponents whilst readless. In turbo HU games, it often takes 4/5 games before you can pick reads up on the opponents through playing them, so any information I can have during those first few games is priceless and makes a big difference. As u were..... ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    That would be the most optimal & frequent use of Sharkscope. It's like a little "Runners & Riders" guide. Interpreted correctly, it is of some use, interpreted incorrectly, it is dangerous.

In the grand scheme of things, it will make very little difference to people's performance, but it is certainly a small advantage.  

• edited November 2013
    I think some sites have unenforcable rules that prohibit the use of skope 'in game' .

888 have blocked their sites stats from being used too.

I use it to track my own results and also to have a little nose at peeps.