You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A poker version of Super6?

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone

We're sure many of you are familiar with Super6, the free to play game where you can win £250,000 (up to £1m some weeks!) by predicting scores in the football. In fact a few weeks ago, someone won £250,000 by winning this, all for nothing!

So, heres a thought - if there was a poker version of Super6 how would you design it? What would be the format and what would you need to do to win it?

It would obviously have to be quite tough to win without being impossible. Think like the Sky Poker Jackpot but a bit tougher (with it being free).

Let's assume its free to play and top prize is £100,000.

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to A poker version of Super6?:
    Hi everyone We're sure many of you are familiar with Super6, the free to play game where you can win £250,000 (up to £1m some weeks!) by predicting scores in the football. In fact a few weeks ago, someone won £250,000 by winning this, all for nothing! So, heres a thought - if there was a poker version of Super6 how would you design it? What would be the format and what would you need to do to win it? It would obviously have to be quite tough to win without being impossible. Think like the Sky Poker Jackpot but a bit tougher (with it being free). Let's assume its free to play and top prize is £100,000. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Pick 6 tournamets and pick what hand the winner has that wins it i.e. high card/one pair/2 pair/3 of a kind etc etc. One pair might be too popular an answer/result though!
  • edited November 2013
    Needs to be something that's easily checked so something like winners of the bigger MTTs would be easy thanks to GaryQQQ's thread.

This idea would certainly be very tough but it might lean more towards impossible lol...

People have to pick 7 names and these need to be the 7 ME winners of the week. If you wanna keep it to 6, then just choose 6 of the MEs (imo the one to exclude is the Turbo Tuesday just cos it's even harder to try and pick who will win that).

Now that idea is virtually impossible.... what might be easier but still very hard would be to work to a similar system as above, people pick 6/7 (whatever u decide) names, and these 6/7 people have to FT the ME.

To make it not insanely hard, you don't have to match names with specific MEs so an entry would just be like....

This week I think TommyD, MattBates, Rancid, Geldy, Jac35, MeWillows and Dohhhhh (lol) will FT a ME.

Then all 7 of them HAVE to FT one of the MEs that week. Do-able but still very very hard.

Do I get the first 100k for the idea? ;)

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A poker version of Super6?:
    In Response to A poker version of Super6? : Pick 6 tournamets and pick what hand the winner has that wins it i.e. high card/one pair/2 pair/3 of a kind etc etc. One pair might be too popular an answer/result though!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    why not pick the hole cards?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A poker version of Super6? : why not pick the hole cards?
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Cos there's 169 starting hands :p

Would be a 1in169 shot X 1in169 shot X 1in169 for 6-7 MEs... you got better odds (by a country mile) of winning the lottery lol
  • edited November 2013

Name the 3 cards to appear on the first flop on your table in a given tournament.

You'd have about a 1/130,000 chance of predicting them all correctly and if that's too much value then getting them all in the right order would approach 1/800,000

• edited November 2013
    Better yet - cards that make the board of last hand of a main event? 

Ignoring suits gives odds of over 1/500,000
  • edited November 2013
    Odds on getting super 6 right is going to be in the region of 10/1^6 probably more, so upwards of 1m/1 shot
  • edited November 2013
    Odds on getting super 6 right is going to be in the region of 10/1^6 probably more, so upwards of 1m/1 shot
    Posted by bbMike
    Add suits to my idea-this would take odds well over the 1million mark!
  • edited November 2013
    Better yet - cards that make the board of last hand of a main event?  Ignoring suits gives odds of over 1/500,000
    Posted by jdsallstar

I imagine a lot less people would enter a poker super 6 rather than a football super 6 so having the odds slightly reduced shouldnt matter too much.  This is why I like this suggestion best at the moment.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A poker version of Super6? : Cos there's 169 starting hands :p Would be a 1in169 shot X 1in169 shot X 1in169 for 6-7 MEs... you got better odds (by a country mile) of winning the lottery lol
    Posted by Lambert180
    fair point. 
  • edited November 2013
    I like Lamberts idea you could also give points 1-6 for finishing places if you needed tie breakers.
  • edited November 2013
    names the final table main event sunday and position finished

• edited November 2013
    names the final table main event sunday and position finished
    Posted by alimay
    Yes but for this to work youd need to know whos actually playing which you wont fully know til late registration has closed.

And by then you'd already have eliminated a load of players.

Not sure I could see that ever working.
  • edited November 2013

with super 6 we can a lot of the time get 1 result right as their we just picking a number between 7-0 for each team the biggest difficulty is getting all 6 correct

in each of the main events what about predicting the highest and lowest card to come on the board in the very last hand of them events

largest card & lowest card Monday 

largest card & lowest card Tuesday

largest card & lowest card Wednesday

largest card & lowest card Thursday

largest card & lowest card Friday     

largest card & lowest card  Saturday

largest card & lowest card sunday

all can be from the last hand of the main events and the prize is for getting all them corrct

• edited November 2013
    i'm guessing super6 is not just meant to be a lottery - sure for some, but others who understand such things - gazza - can use some skill

guessing cards is purely random - no skill - like an allin sat - not very poker at all

so far loving lambie's suggestion - could use total number of cashes over a week as a tie-breaker
  • edited November 2013

How about each Month pick the Final Table 6 of the Super Roller
  • edited November 2013
    I like Lamberts idea, HOWEVER, if Sky are putting up £100k they are wanting to attract NON - Sky players?  In fact, NON poker players?   I know a few people who play Super6 who know NOTHING about football! 
     My idea would be to guess the number of players in the main each day of week.  so Mon = 133, Tues= 231 etc (You could have it to the nearest 5 or 10 to increase/decrease the probability?) Tie-breaker = What time does the primo finish?
    Jobs a goodun!
  • edited November 2013
    i like this idea   

how about picking an alias whos playing 6 mtts and predictin where they will finish in all 6 mtts ?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to A poker version of Super6?:
    Hi everyone We're sure many of you are familiar with Super6, the free to play game where you can win £250,000 (up to £1m some weeks!) by predicting scores in the football. In fact a few weeks ago, someone won £250,000 by winning this, all for nothing! So, heres a thought - if there was a poker version of Super6 how would you design it? What would be the format and what would you need to do to win it? It would obviously have to be quite tough to win without being impossible. Think like the Sky Poker Jackpot but a bit tougher (with it being free). Let's assume its free to play and top prize is £100,000. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    The colour of each of the final table sixes underwear in each weeks primo, special prize if you guess anyones commando correctly ;o)

Call it SUPER SKIDS ;o))

• edited November 2013
    In Response to A poker version of Super6? : The colour of each of the final table sixes underwear in each weeks primo, special prize if you guess anyones commando correctly ;o)
    Posted by XBOOTNECK

Not out long then?  Symptoms WILL pass! Ditch the tablets tho!  Great name, tho in poker I know you WILL TILT! PM me....

• edited November 2013
    Why not have a Super 6 tournie at a certain time each week. (Freeroll  or low stakes to get a big entry)

People would have to enter by a certain date/time one or two days before the tournament takes place.

List of entrants then posted on the forum and people would have to select the six players who Final Table before the tournie starts. 

The tie break could be how many hands played in the tournie.

Gives two lots of interest, the people who want to play in it and the people who want to guess the result.

Not a poker expert so dont know if it would work but thought it worth putting forward.

• edited November 2013
    Guess the number of players in the Main Events for a week although you,d have to rename it Super 7, or if has to be super 6 - Mon - Sat
  • edited November 2013
    just call it paige55 :):):)
  • edited November 2013
    A poker version of Super6 would be awesome! Lambert's idea is very good too - can't think of anything better than that really. Although, maybe I have an extention of Lambert's idea.

Maybe you could make the £100,000 into a poker-style prize pool rather than just the top prize. This way, you could allow players to pick as many names as they want for final tabling (maybe with a minimum of two players).

For example; Player A does the minimum and predicts Lambert180 & scotty77 to reach a final table - he is right with both. Player B predicts Lambert180, scotty77, lolufold and peter27 (woo!) to reach a final table - he is right with all four. These two players are the only ones to predict correctly and therefore the moeny is proportionally split between them based on how many they got right (in a simmilar way to a timed MTT). The thing is that you need to have 100% of your selections correct, so you'd need to balance risk and reward. If you guess two players only, you have a good chance - and if you guess six, you have a smaller chance - but if it comes off, you win a lot more.

This would require that Sky give away £100,000 every weekend though, so maybe the minimum could be higher than just two correct guesses - was just an example aha!

I'm very curious to know if this idea would be open to everyone or only people who have played on SkyPoker?
  • edited November 2013

Everyone on the site plays a huge f.a cup style knockout/heads up game, on 1 night, and the winner gets £100,000 lol

Or on a serious note, how about make a selection of 4/5 players on sunday, and from that week, if all 4/5 players final table any main that coming week (mon-sat)  you win the jackpot.

Gl all at the tables

• edited November 2013
    Problem is with picking players to final table etc:

a) the fields are not known until very late
    b) you wouldn't know 90% of the field anyway
    c) doesn't appeal to new sky poker players (because they've no idea who 100% of the field are)
    d) everyone would pick mattbates lol
    e) sky might even be tempted to pay someone off in the last ME should someone's picks be about to come up lol. i.e. 6 of someone's 7 picks have came in Mon-Sat and their last pick is playing the primo on Sunday. 
    f) odds are probably astronomical as well.

Assuming this was actually something sky poker are considering it's main aim has be to attract new players to the site therefore the fundamental thing it must have is that new people to the site have to be able to have a go at it. Picking 5 random names from fields of 300 surely wouldn't appeal to newbies.
  • edited November 2013
    Predict both the winner's and runner-up's exact hole cards (including suits) in the final hand of a big tournament, say the Primo. Or maybe use a special sit-n-go that is broadcast live at the desired time, which could be a live game with a real dealer (more trusted?).

There are 1,326 possible combinations from 52 cards for the winner, with two cards removed that leaves 1,225 possible holdings for the runner-up.

So you have a 1/1,624,350 chance of guessing correctly in theory (1/1,225 x 1/1,326). I'd expect it to be guessed a bit more often than that because guesses and correct answers would both be weighted towards stronger hands.
  • edited November 2013
    hows about this - a small group of deserving sky players are chosen each week that will play HU against each other... this could either be in a tourney and you have to guess the winner of each matchup (probabilities anyone??). or, it could be very similar to the super 6 - 6 HU matches and you have to decide the winner, and the score (the blind level it finished at/ time taken for match to finish... something like that... maybe it could be a timed HU and you have to guess the number of chips each player has to the nearest 100 or something.)

im sure this concept could be moulded into a format that would give the desired odds... and it might be a bit more interesting than just guessing the cards etc
  • edited November 2013
    Just give donttelmum the 100k now, no need to devise a concept.
  • edited November 2013
    What about predicting who knocks who out on the final table... in terms of seat no. rather than player.

Number the seats 1-6.

Then predict which player knocks which player out in the exact order.

Example.

Player 5 knocks out player 2
    Player 5 knocks out player 4
    Player 3 knocks out player 1
    Player 5 knocks out player 6
    Player 3 knocks out player 5

Player 3 wins.

If I was any good at calculating odds id be able to tell you what the liklihood of predicting this right would be.

I thiiiink its something like 1/10,000

If you get them all right then you get a guarenteed prize 1k-5k.  To get the jackpot... predict the end time.

Edit - Assuming most answers for the end time are going to be in the same hour period then the odds of doing all this correctly is around 1/600,000.  I dunno.  Im rubbish at maths but it seems correct.

Doing it on player names, as stated previously, won't work due to late reg and fields being unknown until they have already started.  Doing something like this allows people to enter well before the event occurs.

Do it for the Primo each week.  Itd also encourage people to rail the primo FT (or choose another ME if this is too late) as people check to see if they are on course for the win (much like following football scores at the weekend).