You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A poker version of Super6?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Keep it simple. Guess the winning hands in the main and mini. Its about a million to one shot, prob less as hands like 82o are unlikely to win.

New players can take part, and not much knowledge about the player base is needed.
  • edited November 2013
    Six poker pros/sports celebrities are invited to play on the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. Coverage of the tournament and entry to the Sky Poker Super Six is pushed in the hour before the start on 861. 

You then have to guess the finishing positions of the 'Super Six' players in the tournament. Get all six positions correct you win £100,000. The closest guess overall that isn't on the money wins £1,000.

Coverage during the show features a leaderboard with the six player names and their current/finishing position. 

Unfortunately the timings on Sky Sports mean they'd come in mid-way through the tourney, so no regs possible through there, but the mention in the coverage would get people onto the site and/or 861 in future.

You guys should get me to work for you. Oh, hang on...

Just to clarify, you wouldn't have to say where in particular Player A finishes, just the six finishing positions of the players in general, so...

3rd/22nd/29th/44th/180th/225th

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A poker version of Super6?:
    hows about this - a small group of deserving sky players are chosen each week that will play HU against each other... this could either be in a tourney and you have to guess the winner of each matchup (probabilities anyone??). or, it could be very similar to the super 6 - 6 HU matches and you have to decide the winner, and the score (the blind level it finished at/ time taken for match to finish... something like that... maybe it could be a timed HU and you have to guess the number of chips each player has to the nearest 100 or something.) im sure this concept could be moulded into a format that would give the desired odds... and it might be a bit more interesting than just guessing the cards etc
    Posted by chicknMelt
    ...so the format could be something like this...

Yoyo v Mattbates
    Primo winner v Mini Winner
    Chicknmelt v macapaca
    main winner v main winner
    new player v new player
    forum voted player v forum voted player

obv there is an advantage for sky players who play alot, becuase they know the player base better... but maybe thats a good thing... anyone can still guess and if you want more than that you have to play on sky! or browse the forums for clues. could be a best of 3 or best of 5 matchup and players have to guess the scores. could even televise some of the hands. problem would be ensuring all players turn up. could add a bit of fun by having TK or orford replacing a missing player at the last minute or something.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A poker version of Super6? : ...so the format could be something like this... Yoyo v Mattbates Primo winner v Mini Winner Chicknmelt v macapaca main winner v main winner new player v new player forum voted player v forum voted player obv there is an advantage for sky players who play alot, becuase they know the player base better... but maybe thats a good thing... anyone can still guess and if you want more than that you have to play on sky! or browse the forums for clues. could be a best of 3 or best of 5 matchup and players have to guess the scores. could even televise some of the hands. problem would be ensuring all players turn up. could add a bit of fun by having TK or orford replacing a missing player at the last minute or something.
    Posted by chicknMelt

tres bien.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A poker version of Super6? : ...so the format could be something like this... Yoyo v Mattbates Primo winner v Mini Winner Chicknmelt v macapaca main winner v main winner new player v new player forum voted player v forum voted player obv there is an advantage for sky players who play alot, becuase they know the player base better... but maybe thats a good thing... anyone can still guess and if you want more than that you have to play on sky! or browse the forums for clues. could be a best of 3 or best of 5 matchup and players have to guess the scores. could even televise some of the hands. problem would be ensuring all players turn up. could add a bit of fun by having TK or orford replacing a missing player at the last minute or something.
    Posted by chicknMelt

This is where it falls down a bit.

Hypothetically if i qualified for one of these HU matches and couldnt play... what then?  Is it just a walkover for the other player?  I could give myself an advantage in picking that result and not telling anyone I couldnt play. (although most people wouldnt back me anyway... but you get my point).

Although... thinking about it, how does the Super 6 work if one of the games is called off?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A poker version of Super6? : This is where it falls down a bit. Hypothetically if i qualified for one of these HU matches and couldnt play... what then?  Is it just a walkover for the other player?  I could give myself an advantage in picking that result and not telling anyone I couldnt play. (although most people wouldnt back me anyway... but you get my point). Although... thinking about it, how does the Super 6 work if one of the games is called off?
    Posted by gazza127

One has been called off this w/end, so it just goes on results of the 5 games with a reduced prize.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: A poker version of Super6? : One has been called off this w/end, so it just goes on results of the 5 games with a reduced prize.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    cunning :)

also, if there was a semi decent prize available for the HU match players I'm sure they would show up the vast majority of the time. 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to A poker version of Super6?:
    Hi everyone We're sure many of you are familiar with Super6, the free to play game where you can win £250,000 (up to £1m some weeks!) by predicting scores in the football. In fact a few weeks ago, someone won £250,000 by winning this, all for nothing! So, heres a thought - if there was a poker version of Super6 how would you design it? What would be the format and what would you need to do to win it? It would obviously have to be quite tough to win without being impossible. Think like the Sky Poker Jackpot but a bit tougher (with it being free). Let's assume its free to play and top prize is £100,000. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Well you could get 6 staff to choose a card each from 1 pack of cards and we have to guess who has what cards. Hard but would be fun