You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
I have just been blocked off another site for security issues, I have done everything they have asked me to do ragarding emailing them all my documentation, id, bank statements ect, I have a withdrawal of over 1k$ and they have managed to even block this, I was reged in a number of tourneys and 1 of which was a 100$ hgih roller and they said they can only refund 12$ to my account, I am absolutely fuming !!!! can they do this ???

Comments

• edited November 2013
    There are some very dodgy sites out there, what site was it?
  • edited November 2013
    PKR mate, used to play there a few years ago and they was really good, still is.... just this fuucking issue
  • edited November 2013
    And 40$ of that is for stake !! dunno wtf I am going to do !!!
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    And 40$ of that is for stake !! dunno wtf I am going to do !!!
    Posted by K8LOU
    Must depend what the security issue is. Have they told you so you can try and correct it? Did you open a second account instead of using your old one?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Must depend what the security issue is. Have they told you so you can try and correct it? Did you open a second account instead of using your old one?
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    No mate, back around 7 months ago my missus deposited like 250$ off her card so I could play the masters on there for my birthday, thats all iv played over there for 7 months but I started on there last week using netteller and have made a withdrawal, been waiting 5 days for it not actually go through, not even go into my account just so its actually been approved because all its saying on it is requested, now all of a sudden this has happened.
  • edited November 2013
    Maybe as the stake was transfered in then you withdrew summat might have flagged. Stay in contact with them and try as hard as you can to remain calm in dealing with them. Deffo try to get one person to deal with you,and  speak to your stake keep them informed , and keep all correspondence saved.

Really hope it gets resolved.
  • edited November 2013
    No Offence K8lou BUT ....Why are you posting on here?
  • edited November 2013
    non taken, because id like some advice !!!
  • edited November 2013
    No Offence K8lou BUT ....Why are you posting on here?
    Posted by Glenelg
    Pretty sure thats what most ppl use a forum for ??? no offence 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Pretty sure thats what most ppl use a forum for ??? no offence 
    Posted by K8LOU
    The more knowlegable guys on here might be able to give you some advice if you knew what the security issue was.  Was it because you used your card? Or does it relate to Net Deposits?
  • edited November 2013
    you probably have to make withdrawals to the previous cards used before you can withdraw to your netteller account
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Pretty sure thats what most ppl use a forum for ??? no offence 
    Posted by K8LOU

I just thought you had posted on wrong forum....

• edited November 2013
    non taken, because id like some advice !!!
    Posted by K8LOU
    20 exclamation marks in the thread title? Wow, that's some degree of outrage......

Given that you asked the question on here, a Community designed for the benefit of players on Sky Poker, the only advice is that you should play on Sky Poker. ;)

I do hope you get your problems with PKR sorted quickly. I have no reason to defend them, none at all, but it's unlikely they have taken the precautions they have without they believe there is good reason. Everything, everywhere, is done for a reason.   
  • edited November 2013
    you probably have to make withdrawals to the previous cards used before you can withdraw to your netteller account
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Yup.
  • edited November 2013
    Not a fan of exclamation marks, our Mr Tikay! 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    I have just been blocked off another site for security issues, I have done everything they have asked me to do ragarding emailing them all my documentation, id, bank statements ect, I have a withdrawal of over 1k$ and they have managed to even block this, I was reged in a number of tourneys and 1 of which was a 100$ hgih roller and they said they can only refund 12$ to my account, I am absolutely fuming !!!! can they do this ???
    Posted by K8LOU
    And breathe. Theres probably a perfectly logical explanation, ring up PKR's customer service dept. It may be something relatively minor that can be resolved over the phone. 

Poker sites dont lock up large amounts of money unless they suspect you have done something wrong. Tikay is right, sky is not the place to vent your spleen. 
  • edited November 2013
    Not a fan of exclamation marks, our Mr Tikay! 

My Grandad used to say "all things in moderation", & he was not far wrong.

But it's more a question of context, & keeping things in perspective. We - all, or at least, many, of us - get immersed in poker, & so things lose perspective. 

If being unable to withdraw a few bob from an Online Gaming site is an "outrage" & gets 20 exclamation marks, how many exclamation marks does the recent catastrophe in the Philippines warrant? More lives were lost in that, than in the 9/11 outrage.

Poker seems to have it's own version of words, which have a completely different meaning in real life.

hero

That one is the best & worst example. The meaning of the word has changed & that has devalued it. How would we describe a real hero these days?

legend

See "hero".

hate

As in "I hate this/that". Typically a TV Show, football or football team, or minor software feature on a poker site. "
    I hate it when I get outdrawn".

outrage

Generally a matter which causes some angst, or an irritant, something we don't overly care for.

A Government Minister back in the 80's had his home in London blown up by a Terrorist group. Asked to comment, as he & his wife, dressed in their only possessions which remained intact, their pyjamas & dressing gowns, stood in the front garden, (the house, their home for 37 years, had been destroyed by the bomb) calmly replied...

to be honest, I don't overly care for those who blow up my family home, & attempt to murder my children.   

Note "don't overly care". Proper bloke, that.

I must add, it was NOT designed as a dig at K8, but it did furrow my brow a tad. I do have a great interest - fascination or fixation may describe it better - in how insular groups such as poker players develop & change the meaning of everyday words.

Anyway, apologies for that interruptage of K8's outrage.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : And breathe. Theres probably a perfectly logical explanation, ring up PKR's customer service dept. It may be something relatively minor that can be resolved over the phone.  Poker sites dont lock up large amounts of money unless they suspect you have done something wrong. Tikay is right, sky is not the place to vent your spleen. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Well yes, amen to that. Don't get mad, get even.  

Businesses don't do things like this without good reason - they want to attract & retain Clients, not lose them. So they must have good reason.

Whether this is the right place to raise the matter is an interesting debate. I doubt Sky Poker created this Community with a view to helping solve problems players have on other poker sites.  

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Well yes, amen to that. Don't get mad, get even.   Businesses don't do things like this without good reason - they want to attract & retain Clients, not lose them. So they must have good reason. Whether this is the right place to raise the matter is an interesting debate. I doubt Sky Poker created this Community with a view to helping solve problems players have on other poker sites.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay how come youre not on Sky Poker TV any more?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Tikay how come youre not on Sky Poker TV any more?
    Posted by staplegun
    Morning Mr Staple.

That might just be a very clever & ironic piece of wording, because I had a liitte chunter in the thread, but I prefer to believe it was a straight & open question. ;)

To the best of my knowledge, I'm still doing stuff on 861, but maybe their letter to me is in the post.

I did 2 Shows during UKOPS week, & my next appearance will be next Thursday, when the special Guest will be the owner of DTD, Mr Rob Yong, & he & I will be discussing the Sky Poker UK Poker Championship, & other matters of interest.

It's true I don't do as many Shows as I used to, but the Analyst Team at 861 has changed considerably in the last year, & people get confused by this. Think of it as being like the squad system in Football - more players being available makes the team stronger, & so the players try that bit harder. 

Thank you for your question, though. I think. ;)

Have a good weekend.     

• edited November 2013

Shall we let dearest K8 have his thread back now?

Probably the sensible & fair thing to do.

My apologies K8.

As you were.
  • edited November 2013
    Does sound like it maybe a card issue m8. When Ulster bank's computer system crashed a while back for about a month I couldn't use their bank card so used my account at another bank. When I came to withdraw from my account "SKY" insisted I make at least one withdrawal into the account I'd used for the deposit. When I queried it with them they said it was to prevent fraud.. ok no big deal, maybe PKR have similar guidelines as regards deposit/withdrawals... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Does sound like it maybe a card issue m8. When Ulster bank's computer system crashed a while back for about a month I couldn't use their bank card so used my account at another bank. When I came to withdraw from my account "SKY" insisted I make at least one withdrawal into the account I'd used for the deposit. When I queried it with them they said it was to prevent fraud.. ok no big deal, maybe PKR have similar guidelines as regards deposit/withdrawals... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by EASYFIX
    I'm counting those exclamation marks, you know......

That scenario you explained would be perfectly standard, & normal, on almost any Online Gaming Site, & with good reason.

I'm pretty sure that is where K8's problem lies. A quick & civilised chat with PKR's CC people should soon explain it. Assuming, of course, they have a CC service.

• edited November 2013
    And if I may be so bold as to defend K8s use of the forum

K8 does play on sky, and is a great contributor in chat when not playing too many tables
    he has had to move some of his play away from sky, contrary to his desires, due to his recent involvement with a gang of nefarious businessmen whose activities are banned on sky
    hence his use of an alternative poker site for such activities, but he is still active here on sky, a tough competitor and a loyal player
    so i can fully understand how he has come home to his mother site for advice on how to deal with the complications he is facing in his goal of becoming a professional poker player

also sky's software has been stress-tested and been shown to survive attacks of the punctuationally exaggerated poster, and our K8 can get a little emotional at times

now it may not be an appropriate thread from sky's perspective, and may be closed momentarily: fair enough, but until then any help for K8 is most appreciated

• edited November 2013
    I always go back to my Mother for advice even if it has nothing to do with her :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : No mate, back around 7 months ago my missus deposited like 250$ off her card so I could play the masters on there for my birthday, thats all iv played over there for 7 months but I started on there last week using netteller and have made a withdrawal, been waiting 5 days for it not actually go through, not even go into my account just so its actually been approved because all its saying on it is requested, now all of a sudden this has happened.
    Posted by K8LOU
    This may be where the problem has arose......Not too sure what their rules are regarding playing on someone elses account? or did you set up a new account for yourself? 
  • edited November 2013
    And if I may be so bold as to defend K8s use of the forum K8 does play on sky, and is a great contributor in chat when not playing too many tables he has had to move some of his play away from sky, contrary to his desires, due to his recent involvement with a gang of nefarious businessmen whose activities are banned on sky hence his use of an alternative poker site for such activities, but he is still active here on sky, a tough competitor and a loyal player so i can fully understand how he has come home to his mother site for advice on how to deal with the complications he is facing in his goal of becoming a professional poker player also sky's software has been stress-tested and been shown to survive attacks of the punctuationally exaggerated poster, and our K8 can get a little emotional at times now it may not be an appropriate thread from sky's perspective, and may be closed momentarily: fair enough, but until then any help for K8 would be most appreciated
    Posted by GELDY
    A very reasonable &, in parts, whimsically clever & amusing Post, nefarious businessmen et al, & of couse you may make so bold, Mr Been To China Man.

Note that I DID give him advice as to why I thought the problem with PKR had arisen, & how best he can sort it out. The chap on the till at Tesco rarely helps sort CC problems at Sainsburys, I would hazard a guess.

I also articulated, perfectly politely, some other random thoughts from my mind. I enjoy having these civil debates. Arguments, not so much.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : This may be where the problem has arose......Not too sure what their rules are regarding playing on someone elses account? or did you set up a new account for yourself? 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    From my understanding, he was still playing on his own existing account, just that the deposit came from his girlfriends card cos it was a present.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : From my understanding, he was still playing on his own existing account, just that the deposit came from his girlfriends card cos it was a present.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Correct, but that is not allowed on almost any (reputable) Online Gaming site, for very obvious reasons. I have Poker or Sports Betting Accounts with around 25 Sites, & none of them would allow this.