You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : A very reasonable &, in parts, whimsically clever & amusing Post, nefarious businessmen et al , & of couse you may make so bold, Mr Been To China Man. Note that I DID give him advice as to why I thought the problem with PKR had arisen, & how best he can sort it out. The chap on the till at Tesco rarely helps sort CC problems at Sainsburys, I would hazard a guess. I also articulated, perfectly politely, some other random thoughts from my mind. I enjoy having these civil debates. Arguments, not so much.         
    Posted by Tikay10
    indeed you did, above and beyond and all that, and i was not surprised to see that this was immediately followed by a post suggesting you would no longer be on the show........
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : indeed you did, above and beyond and all that, and i was not surprised to see that this was immediately followed by a post suggesting you would no longer be on the show........
    Posted by GELDY
    Have to say, thought that Post was best Post on the thread, & I still don't know if it was serious, or a gentle dig in the ribs because I'd had a sort of mini-chunter.

In the nature of Forum "fashion", just as "56p, fiasco", and "sort it out Sky" have entered the Sky Poker Community lexicon, I'm pretty sure the 20 or more exclamation marks thing will soon be added to the portfolio.

A chap I know on another Forum once made 27 consecutive Posts, each of three or 4 sentences, & every single one ended with an exclamation mark. Beat that. Perhaps he lived a very exciting life, who knows?

Another chap of my acquaintance often ends sentences with not one, but THREE question marks. Presumably, a three-part question, or perhaps the quantity of them is a measure of how serious the question is? 

1? - Standard question

2?? Important question

3??? - Now listen up, this is serious.

4???? = Keyboard jammed.

To all those scratching their heads, or getting cross with me, I apologise, I'm just chilling, & having a whimsical hour.  

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Have to say, thought that Post was best Post on the thread, & I still don't know if it was serious, or a gentle dig in the ribs because I'd had a sort of mini-chunter. In the nature of Forum "fashion", just as " 56p, fiasco ", and " sort it out Sky " have entered the Sky Poker Community lexicon, I'm pretty sure the 20 or more exclamation marks thing will soon be added to the portfolio.   A chap I know on another Forum once made 27 consecutive Posts, each of three or 4 sentences, & every single one ended with an exclamation mark. Beat that. Perhaps he lived a very exciting life, who knows? Another chap of my acquaintance often ends sentences with not one, but THREE question marks. Presumably, a three-part question, or perhaps the quantity of them is a measure of how serious the question is?  1? - Standard question 2?? Important question 3??? - Now listen up, this is serious. 4???? = Keyboard jammed.     To all those scratching their heads, or getting cross with me, I apologise, I'm just chilling, & having a whimsical hour.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well that's amused me for the day - Job Done :)

On a more serious note.....will you be playing the UK Poker Championships in Feb or will you be attending to other Sky Poker Duties on the day? Would be great to see you at a table challenging for this prestigious event. I'm sure Mr Orford will be happy to oblige with microphone duties and trying to take down side events :)
  • edited November 2013
    And if I may be so bold as to defend K8s use of the forum K8 does play on sky, and is a great contributor in chat when not playing too many tables he has had to move some of his play away from sky, contrary to his desires, due to his recent involvement with a gang of nefarious businessmen whose activities are banned on sky hence his use of an alternative poker site for such activities, but he is still active here on sky, a tough competitor and a loyal player so i can fully understand how he has come home to his mother site for advice on how to deal with the complications he is facing in his goal of becoming a professional poker player also sky's software has been stress-tested and been shown to survive attacks of the punctuationally exaggerated poster, and our K8 can get a little emotional at times now it may not be an appropriate thread from sky's perspective, and may be closed momentarily: fair enough, but until then any help for K8 is most appreciated
    Posted by GELDY
    LOL geldy, it really is as simple as ringing PKR cs. Poker sites like financial institutions have very tight regulations with regards to money launderingv etc. Bureaucracy is possibly the crux of this matter. 

Ranting about it on here wont solve the problem. K8lou actually has to contact PKR before he can come to any conclusion. 
  • edited November 2013
    Like lambert says I think it will be the fact that a deposit came from his wife's card. I had a similar problem when I decided to withdraw my money from another site. As i had a new bankcard I had to deposit again before I could withdraw.
  • edited November 2013
    I'm going to celebrate national use of excessive punctuation marks day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2013
    I'm a little embarrassed to say that I agree with you TK, embarrassed because that make me feel like an old grump ;-), but as a former literature student this kind of thing (and text speak) really winds me up too.

On the other hand though - we now live in world that is a lot 'louder' than it used to be and I don't just mean because we now have more us physically crammed into urbanised areas but also because technology now constantly intrudes on our lives like Big Brother with social media and advertising constantly fighting for 1 split second of our attention. I think this is where this tendency to over punctuate stems from - people feel like they now have to be so excessive to try and reach out over all of the other constant buzz.

It's like the crazy serial killer said in Se7en:

'wanting people to listen you cant just tap them on the shoulder anymore, you have to hit them with a sledgehammer'

And the overly dramatic punctuation and choice of word did after all succeed in getting both of us to pay enough attention to ignore all the other posts competing for it and prompt us to click on this one.
  • edited November 2013
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  <<< More eye catching :)
  • edited November 2013
    Cheers for all the advice guys !!!!!! (there ya go tikay) I tend to use A lot of explanation marks in any sentence I write for some strange reason, anyways, I had already spoke to the live support team and they told me I needed to upload all my documentation so I did,they told me this matter would be sorted within a few hours, so after a few hours I got decided to speak with them again and they informed me that it would take 3 to 5 working days for my account to be reopened, this was the matter I was refering too. They also would not refund me of a 100$ buy in tournement and a 20$ buy in tournement that was running, I couldnt get onto my account and I couldnt play these mtts so I had just lost 2 buyins without even sitting at the table.... I have emailed them 3 or 4 times now with no responce so I think I am entilteled to be a little wound up, at the time I was also on abit of a heater so not getting on my account for 5 working days is going to set me off a little bit. as for posting on this thread... as geldy says this is in my eyes the best site out there, I have had loads of good advice in the past about certain matters, I thought this would be ok,I didint mean to cause up such a stir I just wanted a little bit of advice..
  • edited November 2013
    All these exclamation marks make me think of this...
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Well that's amused me for the day - Job Done :)On a more serious note.....will you be playing the UK Poker Championships in Feb or will you be attending to other Sky Poker Duties on the day? Would be great to see you at a table challenging for this prestigious event. I'm sure Mr Orford will be happy to oblige with microphone duties and trying to take down side events :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi Trev,

Apologies, I missed this question originally, must have drowned in that veritable sea of exclamation jobbies.

Oooh, I'd love to, but No, I'll be "working", on what the suits mockingly describe as Front of House. 

Can't have it both ways, really. They often invite me to play an SPT, but usually I just think I have a job to do, that's why I am there. If I can help others have a great experience, that'll do for me. I was offered a seat to the SPT Grand Final, which was a lovely gesture, but I had THE most awkward diary clash, so I had to decline.

Anyway, how would SPT Rich cope without my invaluable help? It's not widely known, but those Updates & Photos he does are all done by me. No, they are.   

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Hi Trev, Apologies, I missed this question originally, must have drowned in that veritable sea of exclamation jobbies. Oooh, I'd love to, but No, I'll be "working", on what the suits mockingly describe as Front of House.  Can't have it both ways, really. They often invite me to play an SPT, but usually I just think I have a job to do, that's why I am there. If I can help others have a great experience, that'll do for me. I was offered a seat to the SPT Grand Final, which was a lovely gesture, but I had THE most awkward diary clash, so I had to decline. Anyway, how would SPT Rich cope without my invaluable help? It's not widely known, but those Updates & Photos he does are all done by me. No, they are.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay can you please explain what you mean by jobbies. 

I have no clue what you mean by it, but i imagine its got a very different meaning to what we (me and friends) used this word for in school. Heard you use it alot on tv but first time I've seen it on the forum. 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Tikay can you please explain what you mean by jobbies.  I have no clue what you mean by it, but i imagine its got a very different meaning to what we (me and friends) used this word for in school. Heard you use it alot on tv but first time I've seen it on the forum. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    It's just my generic term for, you know, things, stuff, dubrees, whatyacallit, that sort of thing. I like to try & write with a little originality, mix it up a bit. Mostly fail, but I like to try.

I am aware of the original & general meaning of jobbie, but I think most readers know I'm not alluding to that, I'm not a big fan of mucky humour & double intendres. Some might even say I'm a miserable sort, but thats just a rumour started by Orford.   

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : It's just my generic term for, you know, things, stuff , dubrees, whatyacallit , that sort of thing. I like to try & write with a little originality, mix it up a bit. Mostly fail, but I like to try. I am aware of the original & general meaning of jobbie, but I think most readers know I'm not alluding to that, I'm not a big fan of mucky humour & double intendres . Some might even say I'm a miserable sort, but thats just a rumour started by Orford.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    ty tikay. 

yeah was pretty certain it wasnt meant as the meaning i knew of it as. :) 

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ty tikay.  yeah was pretty certain it wasnt meant as the meaning i knew of it as. :) 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Come on Don. We can't just leave it there now!!!! 

What is your interpretation of the meaning of the word?
    Pm me if it's too much for the forum filters :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Come on Don. We can't just leave it there now!!!!  What is your interpretation of the meaning of the word? Pm me if it's too much for the forum filters :)
    Posted by Jac35
    You've seriously never heard of that colloquialism, Jac?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : You've seriously never heard of that co lloquialism, Jac?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Sheltered life old boy
  • edited November 2013
    It's another word for... number two :D
  • edited November 2013
    I appoligise for de-railing this thread in such a manner
  • edited November 2013
    It's another word for... number two :D
    Posted by Slipwater
    Ummm pretty sure it isn't actually. lol
  • edited November 2013
    It absolutely is another word for that.
  • edited November 2013
    Jobby

A Scots term for the brownish substance excreted from ones an us when the bowels are full or after a spicy cuisine.
  • edited November 2013
    Jobby A Scots term for the brownish substance excreted from ones an us when the bowels are full or after a spicy cuisine.
    Posted by julie19770
    Yeah, what she said :D
  • edited November 2013
    For jobbie (Tikay usage) you could use "effegy, dubree, wotsit, thingummybob and doofus" (althought not all at the same time, that would be an error.
  • edited November 2013
    Also, I#d like to make a complaint. I loogged in to register for tonight's DTD - £5.50 for 3 tournaments - a snip, and got distracted by the postulations (not number 2s) on here and very nearly clean forgot the DTD. 

Sort it Sky!
  • edited November 2013
    Jobby A Scots term for the brownish substance excreted from ones an us when the bowels are full or after a spicy cuisine.
    Posted by julie19770
    If this doesn't get Julie a Top Of The Posts spot, there is no justice.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Have to say, thought that Post was best Post on the thread, & I still don't know if it was serious, or a gentle dig in the ribs because I'd had a sort of mini-chunter. In the nature of Forum "fashion", just as " 56p, fiasco ", and " sort it out Sky " have entered the Sky Poker Community lexicon, I'm pretty sure the 20 or more exclamation marks thing will soon be added to the portfolio.   A chap I know on another Forum once made 27 consecutive Posts, each of three or 4 sentences, & every single one ended with an exclamation mark. Beat that. Perhaps he lived a very exciting life, who knows? Another chap of my acquaintance often ends sentences with not one, but THREE question marks. Presumably, a three-part question, or perhaps the quantity of them is a measure of how serious the question is?  1? - Standard question 2?? Important question 3??? - Now listen up, this is serious. 4???? = Keyboard jammed.     To all those scratching their heads, or getting cross with me, I apologise, I'm just chilling, & having a whimsical hour.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I loled but im easily amused haha