You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

iGoWaWa and his Sky Poker Train!!! Choo Choo!!

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Hello all!!

If youve clicked this Thread then i shall apologise first.

It wont be as epic as Lambo or DrRunGood (what a hero - 3 days and £3k+ cleared), it probably wont be as interesting either.

It will contain lots of Gifs and Pics to keep you entertained and maybe some £££ too!

So, who is iGoWaWa??

Hi, my name is Dann and im a Pokerholic

I have ideas of grandure to make my living playing the game, i wish i could but at the ripe age of 29 the boat has sailed and i wasnt on it.  Dont confuse me with someone that couldnt as i certainly feel i have the game to do so, and love improving.  I just have commitments now, a GF, a house, bills etc.

So why a blog?  Well i love the community aspect of poker.  So much that i even record and host my own poker podcast on iTunes with a good friend of mine.  I wont tell you the name here, im not looking to advertise but if you want to know you can always ask :)

My friends call me the Jimmy White of poker, lots of "nearlies" but no real highlight reel score and more recently this was seen when coming 28th/5000ish in the DTD Grand Prix with £50k uT.  Sadly, i hadnt worn my flipping pants those days and managed to lose 2x 3 million chip flips to bust.  Pretty vile eh.  Oh, i also had a 50th in it the year before.  Yuk

I did vow id never play on Sky, as the software imo was pants, and Lambo did try to get me to after sitting next to him in the APAT Team Championships (i notice his blog TR doesnt mention a hero call vs him :) ) but after my team (Gambling Network Forums) winning it for the 2nd year running i kinda just forgot.....and then the UKPC Sats started.

Decided id flick in £50 to play some sats and my first £11 investment saw me win through to the £240 Grand Final last night, only to fall a handful of places shy losing a flip to lock a seat (youll notice i run at 30% tops for flips).  Pretty gutted, and 2 tabling on other sites, i then lose 3 flips b2b in the Sunday Storm on stars with 700 left from 36k runners and also lose another on IPN 10r FT with 800€ uT.  At this point i have a great idea.  Why not try and spin up my remaining £100 on Sky (id won some on cash) to get to £240 for another seat....via roulette....

Yeah, that didnt go well either!! Shouldnt have gone Red/Black...we know i flip terribad!!

So, here we are today.  Sky have changed my ScreenName from iGoWeeWee to iGoWaWa, i guess wee wee is offensive?

I have decided to deposit again and move a large % of my volume onto Sky, and will be playing lots of NL20 Cash and some Micro Mtts.......Mixed in with lots of sats for the Majors and UKPC.

I have no real aim, bar binking a £1k seat and not going busto, but its always nice to spend poker winnings on finer things (Hell, who am i kidding, its my 30th in March and i want Vegas!!!)

Buckle up and enjoy the ride!!!

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Day 1:

Decided to 4 table some NL20 and play the £11 £2K gtd Bounty Hunter.

Now im not sure why the cash tables can be played on the new look, and MTTs only the old but that needs to be fixed.  The old layout is vile, and the new a lot slicker.

Managed to pure bubble the HH after the guy to my left just had it EVERY time.  One hand he flops quads and i decide its the time to make a really really thin value bet on the river to be clicked back.  I cant fold and get showed Quads. yuk.  I also lost a 15k pot in the 2nd level and missing 2 bounties with the OESFD on flop missing vs Top Top and Top pants.

Bounties left me in profit but not a lot.

Cash went well, albeit having to play OOP to Lambert and Dontelmum on pretty much all tables.  Luckily there was a villian whom had about £70 in front of him and was woeful.  Value towned that guy for lots and ended the session up just over 2 buyins.

Also played a £3 aipf satty for the £52 UK sat and bust.

Profit/Loss on the day: +£41
  • edited November 2013
    Have fun dann

igowawa just doesnt have the same ring as igoweewee 

best of luck man 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: iGoWaWa and his Sky Poker Train!!! Choo Choo!!:
    Have fun dann igowawa just doesnt have the same ring as igoweewee  best of luck man 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yea, 

I have no idea why they changed it, although did noticed that they only reffered to me and iGo when showing my hands of the satty on the Sky Poker Channel.

I wouldnt have minded if they had just emailed me and ask me pick something else, but to change it to that drivel is pretty meh!!

Hey ho!

Thanks for the well wishes sir
  • edited November 2013
    To late at 29 hmmm but nevertheless probably the right decision made. The very best of run good to you and a much better alias Dann and Im sure Tikay will be loving you with your interest in Trains lol.
  • edited November 2013
    To late at 29 hmmm but nevertheless probably the right decision made. The very best of run good to you and a much better alias Dann and Im sure Tikay will be loving you with your interest in Trains lol.
    Posted by a00rock
    Better alias?? The new one sounds like i moan alot!!!.........Oh, hang on.....i probably do!!

Thanks for the read! :)

ATB to you too
  • edited November 2013
    Good luck with this. Pretty sure it will be a good read.
    Am I right in thinking that you post somewhere else too?
    29 and too old? Sigh

• edited November 2013
    Good luck with this. Pretty sure it will be a good read. Am I right in thinking that you post somewhere else too? 29 and too old? Sigh
    Posted by Jac35
    I post all over the place, used to have a blog at www.balancingmyrange.wordpress.com but kinda let that go and just do a general one on the APAT site.

That can be found here: http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13225.0 (Not sure on rules here, remove if needed Mods.)  Be aware very tongue in cheek on that blog. :)

This one here, amazingly, will be centered more on the Sky Poker stuff that i play but no dount if running vile i will find something to moan about non Sky poker :)

Ill retract that "29 and too old statement" when we satty into the £1k and then ship it n Feb....until then, we will just keep telling ourselves its too old, as thats what keeps 'er indoors happy!!

Thanks for the read, hope you enjoy!
  • edited November 2013
    Best of luck at sky Dann. Run well!
  • edited November 2013
    DANN! DANN! DANN! DANN! DANN!

Hi :)
  • edited November 2013
    What a small world. 

Chatting on the phone to a customer at work. 

Low and behold he plays on Sky as Alfie123

GL at the tables sir!!
  • edited November 2013
    Warning!!! Degen Alert!!!

Its not as bad as i make it sound, but i have just become a member of the Sky Poker Free Bet Team!! D'oh!! Although it cant be that bad as its a free bet, and the offer was just too tempting!!

Ive decided that i will try an epic spin up from £5 to as much as i can get to on Sky Bet, and then use that to play something big live.

I love my confidence already that im gonna hit the challenge and crush!!!

My bets for this week were:

1. West Ham v ChelseaChelsea @ 8/13
    2. Newcastle v NorwichNewcastle @ 8/11
    3. Carl Froch v George GrovesCarl Froch @ 1/4
    4. Mark Allen v Ali Carter|Allen, M| @ 4/9
    5. Neil Robertson v Martin Gould|Robertson, N| @ 8/13 -1.5
    6. Judd Trump v Marco Fu|Trump, J| @ 8/15

Trump already did the business today, and think the only real dodgy one is Robertson -1.5.  Gould had the season of his life last year and plays the right style to lock out Robertson.

£5 pays back ~£65 so lets hope!!!

Also started a project today, as i aquired an old poker table, mould and all, from the snooker club.  Now this was hand made for someone and is ok, just needs some TLC etc.

I also have a homegame at my new abode on Dec 21st, so a month to get this mouldy piece of wood, into a baize of wonder....hmph! 

Ill post photos as we go, and hopefully itll look ok at the end of it all.

If anyone has ever made their own poker table, feel free to chip in and give me advice, ill probabaly need it.

Gah as i write this i just bust the £11 HeadHunter to runner runner gutshot outs....pah!!

Not played any cash since the last update, so will fire some tables up now, need to make some money to pay for this table!!! :)

Feel, as a complete noob to Sky Poker and the Forum alike, that i should allow this blog/diary to be very much Q&A and i invite you all to "Subscribe" and pose Questions if there is anything you'd like to know about the artist formally known as iGoWeeWee!!

Finally today, wanna say well done to Laura on her gig on Sky Poker.  I watched her maiden episode and, as always, was good viewing.  Still pee'd off that you crushed me at Table Tennis in Vienna however and i demand a rematch at some point!!!!

Adios and keep on stacking!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Dann, Enjoying the read/ride!  Re bets mmmhhh head says Froch BUT.............
  • edited November 2013
    Winding down a pretty good 90 min session although i did just time out in a £30 pot on river vs Lambo.

Pretty sick, as he 3bs pre and i call OOP with AQ. Flop A high and a flush draw.  I chk call flop and same on turn but purposely time bank to induce a barrell on river.  Blank river and i chk again....he bets....i click call but nothing happens!!!

I time out and he shows the club draw...sigh.

Set it up, and laggy pc cost me the monies!!

Lambo was owed the money tho as earlier he decided to flat my 4b with KK when i had JJ and i was getting it in. 

So results time:

Played the £5.50 timed game and didnt win a pot.

3 tabled NL20 and 1 tabled NL30 for about 90 mins and ended +£80ish

Same again tomorrow we hope!!

Oh and Glenelg, i think if Froch fights without emotion he will be alright, just needs to use his jab correctly and he will be fine. :) I hope!

PS Why cant i post GIFs in the thread, that really sucks and reduces the readability of my blog by at least 70% :)

• edited November 2013
    Good luck with this. Pretty sure it will be a good read. Am I right in thinking that you post somewhere else too? 29 and too old? Sigh
    Posted by Jac35
    Just realised my first reply was vague, and that was not intentional.

I post a lot on GNF (Gambling Network Forums) and on APAT, as well as a little on Blonde and 2+2.  My alais on those forums is s4ooter, bar 2+2 which it is UKs#1d0nk.

Do you post on other forums, or are you mainly a Sky Forum reg?
  • edited November 2013
    DANN! DANN! DANN! DANN! DANN! Hi :)
    Posted by Llamas
    Hello my little leg-end!!  Tell Lambo to start 4b me more, thats where the value is to be had!! haha

Hope you and the little ones are well. :)
  • edited November 2013
    If any of you heroes have twitter feel free to follow me on both my personal (@s4ooter) and my podcast (@ITMPokerPodcast)

I love twitter, its the best.  Especially when Poker heroes are updating from live escapades.... (NB may contain bad language!!) :)
  • edited November 2013
    Oh dear, 3 buyins down in an hr!!

KK < J9
    JJ < 54

Got the missus to sign up and she has lost a hige pot JJ < T3

Dontelmum running so pure its untrue!!
  • edited November 2013
    Oh dear, 3 buyins down in an hr!! KK < J9 JJ < 54 Got the missus to sign up and she has lost a hige pot JJ < T3 Dontelmum running so pure its untrue!!
    Posted by iGoWaWa
    Has she kept with the theme?  i.e. IGOxxxx?  Can we guess?  ;-))))))))
  • edited November 2013
    lol

Just lost £100 pot with KK v Q5cc, in a 3b pot...wow

Nah, her's is MsSpewett
  • edited November 2013
    What a small world.  Chatting on the phone to a customer at work.  Low and behold he plays on Sky as Alfie123 GL at the tables sir!!
    Posted by iGoWaWa
    I rely on luck Dan but hope you reach all your goals. No doubt speak to u soon.
  • edited November 2013
    Just winding down my session so lets look at the numbers.....

Was down a fair bit as one awful villian won every pot we played, including his call of a 4b with 93o OOP floating bottom pair and turning trips for stacks vs my KK

We finished -£10 including all MTT entries also

Think i played a few sats to the £33 BH and the £5.50 BH

So somehow actually ended the cash session up??  Not sure how.

Loved the fact that Tikay, RY and AF were calling me igowawa as if i was a Japanese Footballer!!  Altho Tikay did mention this thread, so hopefully itll pick up!!

Ohhh as we speak villian jams on JJ54 board with 66 when i have AA in a BvB 4b pot....Thanks

Profitsville, Population - Me!! haha
  • edited November 2013
    Sounds like you made a little after a rough day 

igowawa is a much improvement from the imagination iGoWaWa gives me. Would post a meme but due to it having to be of a crying child it would violate forum rules :( 

Can i ask, do you prefer to play live or online? 

• edited November 2013
    Best of luck with this mate

Just read what youve posted so far on here and i agree with others that this is gonna be a good read

Cya at the tables sometime
  • edited November 2013
    Sounds like you made a little after a rough day  igowawa is a much improvement from the imagination iGoWaWa gives me. Would post a meme but due to it having to be of a crying child it would violate forum rules :(  Can i ask, do you prefer to play live or online? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Of course you can ask, id love people to ask more Qs tbh as this seems to be a pretty tight nit community and im more of an "outsider" so to speak.  Granted i know a few people off here, Lambo, Llama, Kohan but thats it.

I have no real preference to live/online as each have their pro's and cons.

Online:

Love being able to just 18-24 table till my hearts content, and hammer out the volume and ROI in the comfort of my underpants

Live:

Love the social side to it all.  Have a small group of friends that all travel around the country together playing live events and we have a great craic.  Cash games flowing till 5am and lots of OFC and other silly prop bets.
    If you hadnt noticed, i love to chatter also and live poker is awesome for that too.

Barring the APAT Tour, i tend to concentrate online and then just travel to events ive sattied into as i am a huge ABI nit, and wont go and play any live event +£50 that ive not sattied into.
  • edited November 2013
    Best of luck with this mate Just read what youve posted so far on here and i agree with others that this is gonna be a good read Cya at the tables sometime
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Thanks mate, 

Not sure if you mean good read due to writing style, or that we are gonna CRUSH!!!!  Hopefully both :)
  • edited November 2013
    The Project

Not sure if i have mentioned this, but somebody acquired a very poorly poker table in need of a good home this week.

Being the caring citizen that i am, i duely obligied and enlisted the help of my brother to get it to my house.  

Now....i drive a Ford Puma, and for those that know the car also know that a Poker Table is NOT fitting in there at all.  No problem, i thought, ill borrow my brothers Honda Civic to get it in to.....Oh wait! F*ck! Still doesnt fit.

We then had to borrow my Brothers StepDads car (long story) and finally got it back.  WOOOOP.

Cant belieive i have to thank my promicious father for all this, as without his inabilty to keep only women i would be brotherless who, in turn, would be stepfatherless, and more importantly i would be poker tableless!!!

Anyways, i have included some pics although you guys wont get to see them until tomoz as i have to wait for Sky to make sure its not pics of babies or p*rn or something!!

Now i know what you guys/gals are thinking, and dont you worry.  Being the shrewd businessman that i am, i didnt have to pay any extra for the mould!!

I know its pretty vile but its gonna be a great project to keep me busy.  It does, however, need to be ready for Dec 21st when i host the monthly homegame so pressure is on!
  • edited November 2013
    I do think donttelmum is a super user however!!

He just called my £4.80 pre bet 3b squeeze with 66 and obv flopped a set vs my AA again.

Think since joining Sky Poker he has taken about 15-20 buyins off me, with either a set vs my overpair or coolering me with KK into his AA.

EDIT - this is not true...he once flopped 2 pr vs my KK.

WAL

Im having to work hard tonight.... Just got KK in vs AK aipf only to have to bink the 1 outer on the river to win the pot when the board runs 235AK

*Phew*
  • edited November 2013
    I do think donttelmum is a super user however!! He just called my £4.80 pre bet 3b squeeze with 66 and obv flopped a set vs my AA again. Think since joining Sky Poker he has taken about 15-20 buyins off me, with either a set vs my overpair or coolering me with KK into his AA. EDIT - this is not true...he once flopped 2 pr vs my KK. WAL Im having to work hard tonight.... Just got KK in vs AK aipf only to have to bink the 1 outer on the river to win the pot when the board runs 235AK *Phew*
    Posted by iGoWaWa
    I don't believe you, prove it ! ;)

DTM is a mystery.

I have no idea how he can play 15,048 tables...

I have no idea how he can play 15,048 tables for so long....

I have no idea how he can play 15,048 tables for so long, profitably! .........

Guy is a phenom!

Cash poker is all about sets! zzzzzzzzz 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: iGoWaWa and his Sky Poker Train!!! Choo Choo!! : Just realised my first reply was vague, and that was not intentional. I post a lot on GNF (Gambling Network Forums) and on APAT, as well as a little on Blonde and 2+2.  My alais on those forums is s4ooter, bar 2+2 which it is UKs#1d0nk. Do you post on other forums, or are you mainly a Sky Forum reg?
    Posted by iGoWaWa
    I mainly post on here. Read Blonde daily but rarely post on there.i think it's just normal that you feel like an outsider at first.
    I certainly did. Best thing I did was sat into a few SPTs. It was really good to meet the people behind the screen names. I've played for a long time now, mainly in Derby and Nottingham, the SPTs though are the most enjoyable competitions I've ever played in. 
    Might be an idea to sat into a few next year when then release the schedules.
    I know Lambert and Emma from these. Quite an achievement really to meet Paul as he tends to leave the building for some reason, quite quickly normally. :)

Don't think Dtm is a super user. He just has a flop set ratio of around 91%

Like your writing style and pictures. You think you're old at 29? I'm so old that I still haven't worked out how to put photos up!

• edited November 2013
    29 is well old! how are you still alive??