You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

iGoWaWa and his Sky Poker Train!!! Choo Choo!!

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Well in all in all that wasnt the best of sessions.

Started off like a steam train (woo woo) only to start to fall off the cliff.

Got stacked for 4 buyins in the end of the session and all pretty sick.

KQ < 99 om QQx9x when most of the money gets in on flop, he raises flop and then hits the gin turn
    55 < QT on x5QQT - Money in on turn
    K5 < 88 on 46787 - Money in on turn
    77 < 28dd on 3947dd - Money in on turn

These were the four most prominent in my mind.

Also ran into a lot of spots that, again, are unavoidable but just costly.  Seemed that whenever i got floated the turn/river was just smacking their range.  Add to that the annoying abilty of not being able to get bluffs through and not connecting (in 3b pots) with any of my flopped Flush or Straight draws.  Goes like that sometimes.  Not sure how we can get 3 way in a 3b pot and flop a set on AK5 or AQ6 with the bottom set and get no action

Nobody likes to book a losing session, but sometimes its unavoidable.

-£50 today

Big UpsideDown Smiley Face

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: iGoWaWa and his Sky Poker Train!!! Choo Choo!!:
    29 is well old! how are you still alive??
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Strict Diet of Chicken, Brocolli, Freddos and 43hrs of sex a week (no more/no less)

• edited November 2013
    Oh and maybe a silly question, but im guessing that rakeback just gets paid direct into the accounts on the 1st of each month?
  • edited November 2013
    Oh and maybe a silly question, but im guessing that rakeback just gets paid direct into the accounts on the 1st of each month?
    Posted by iGoWaWa
    Gets paid into your Sky account yeh, it's on the 5th working day of the month unless you're Priority (earn 10k+ points) then it's 1st day of the month. Tough going to make Prio at 20NL like without putting in some decent hours.
  • edited November 2013
    Lol

Love losing a buyin on the 1st hand of the day.

56 < a6 on A65....

#RidingtheDownswing!!
  • edited November 2013
    Im getting crushed my guys playing 95% of hands

No obv when we get in a £100 pot with him with QQ v 56 we dont win

Ill get him tho...he has over £100 and will be leaving with nothing!!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: iGoWaWa and his Sky Poker Train!!! Choo Choo!! : I don't believe you, prove it ! ;) DTM is a mystery. I have no idea how he can play 15,048 tables... I have no idea how he can play 15,048 tables for so long.... I have no idea how he can play 15,048 tables for so long, profitably! ......... Guy is a phenom! Cash poker is all about sets! zzzzzzzzz 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    8 arms DOHHHHH!  I do like a 20 hour grind session.  Run well sir!
  • edited November 2013
    I do think donttelmum is a super user however!! He just called my £4.80 pre bet 3b squeeze with 66 and obv flopped a set vs my AA again. Think since joining Sky Poker he has taken about 15-20 buyins off me, with either a set vs my overpair or coolering me with KK into his AA. EDIT - this is not true...he once flopped 2 pr vs my KK. WAL Im having to work hard tonight.... Just got KK in vs AK aipf only to have to bink the 1 outer on the river to win the pot when the board runs 235AK *Phew*
    Posted by iGoWaWa

Very bad play with my 66, should have shoved pre but thought Id make sure the little devil appeared.

I play footy on Saturdays so I won't see you for a few hours.  32 and still playing footy, feels so wrong the following 2 days.

Still friends?  ;-)

• edited November 2013
    Oh dear, so he wakes up with AA v my AK on AKx.....i give up today

Book another loser :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: iGoWaWa and his Sky Poker Train!!! Choo Choo!! : Very bad play with my 66, should have shoved pre but thought Id make sure the little devil appeared. I play footy on Saturdays so I won't see you for a few hours.  32 and still playing footy, feels so wrong the following 2 days. Still friends?  ;-)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Lol always,

Thats if im not broke before....down lots and lots against all these ejits!!

Scrabble may be my new calling !!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Stay away from scabble buddy.  I've been fleeced a few times.

Look forward to meeting such a like minded chap at a future SPT.  They truely are great fun and played in a light hearted atmosphere.

I played an APAT event 2/3 years ago at DTD and managed to luck box my way to a deep finish.  Picked up £750 from a free entry :-)  So much easier than grinding.  Wonder if you were there?

Hope your luck changes!
  • edited November 2013
    Stay away from scabble buddy.  I've been fleeced a few times. Look forward to meeting such a like minded chap at a future SPT.  They truely are great fun and played in a light hearted atmosphere. I played an APAT event 2/3 years ago at DTD and managed to luck box my way to a deep finish.  Picked up £750 from a free entry :-)  So much easier than grinding.  Wonder if you were there? Hope your luck changes!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Maybe sir? Who knows.

The last few sessions have sucked a little, the cruel mistress of varience has not been that kind.

Meh only £150 down in 2 sessions at NL20.

Pretty Brutal

These are the moments we are not liking the fact we have given up smoking!
  • edited November 2013
    £150 - peanuts.  I lost £470 on Tuesday.  Have managed to claw most of it back since but wasn't much fun at the time.

Losing money is definetly not worth starting up smoking again.

glglglg
  • edited November 2013
    £150 - peanuts.  I lost £470 on Tuesday.  Have managed to claw most of it back since but wasn't much fun at the time. Losing money is definetly not worth starting up smoking again. I reccommend one of these:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Free-Standing-Punch-Dummy-Boxing-Bag-Training-Torso-Slam-Man-2-Designs-/230977906245 glglglg
    Posted by Donttelmum
    This cant be true, im on every table you are and ive never seen you lose a pot!!

So how many buyins you holding at NL20? 

You not fany moving up ever?  Or you find the rake is worth it?

I have a very aggro BRM, so downswings like this are quite annoying, and ill hapily add a few bigger tables when at 30BIs 
  • edited November 2013
    Just winding down my session so lets look at the numbers..... Was down a fair bit as one awful villian won every pot we played, including his call of a 4b with 93o OOP floating bottom pair and turning trips for stacks vs my KK We finished -£10 including all MTT entries also Think i played a few sats to the £33 BH and the £5.50 BH So somehow actually ended the cash session up??  Not sure how. Loved the fact that Tikay, RY and AF were calling me igowawa as if i was a Japanese Footballer!!  Altho Tikay did mention this thread, so hopefully itll pick up!! Ohhh as we speak villian jams on JJ54 board with 66 when i have AA in a BvB 4b pot....Thanks Profitsville, Population - Me!! haha
    Posted by iGoWaWa
    For anyone interested I was the awful villain.

Sorry about the other night mate. I was pretty drunk and tilted.

Spend my money wisely. :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: iGoWaWa and his Sky Poker Train!!! Choo Choo!! : For anyone interested I was the awful villain. Sorry about the other night mate. I was pretty drunk and tilted. Spend my money wisely. :)
    Posted by DimTzar
    Lol dont worry, ive donated it to others since.

I just need to make a few adjustments, as im used to playing cash tables both live and online with bad players, but players that overvalue marginal hands and cant fold 2nd pair.  Ive not yet ever had to play against passive players that just call call call till they either get there or dont.  At the mo vs these players i have the top of my range when they are making funky nutty hands and they are getting my stacks.  

Sp*zzs Gonna Sp*zz i guess.

Had a cheeky bet today:

Selby to beat Bingham
    Chelsea tb West Ham
    Hull tb Palace
    Newcastle tb Norwich
    Leeds win/draw vs Middlesb

Now Selby tried to scare the life out of me going 4-1 down in a race to 6, and its now 5-4 Bingham.

Hopefully i can squeeze this one out, as the others are looking good.

Cheeky £150 would be nice to cover my losses eh!!

• edited November 2013
    Selby is a pleb!

Will do doing my nuts, as its Sunday, and also need some last minute Satty Ninja Skills to get myself into that £240 Final sat, and find myself a Primo seat....so lazy!

Sayin that, Sky Poker wont open at the mo so wont be doing much!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Morning Dann.  Working fine for me buddy.  See you at the tables shortly.  Go easy on me!
  • edited November 2013
    Why is the Sunday FR private?
  • edited November 2013
    hello just thought pop in say I`m keeping up to date with your diary and will continue to follow with interest buddy.

so best of luck at the tables hope your luck changes,I`ve played with you a bit this month and defo think your good enough to beat 20nl.
  • edited November 2013
    hello just thought pop in say I`m keeping up to date with your diary and will continue to follow with interest buddy. so best of luck at the tables hope your luck changes,I`ve played with you a bit this month and defo think your good enough to beat 20nl.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Haha, cheers sir.

Yea we have played a fiar few hands vs each other and i thought i was aggro but you make me like like a nit!! haha.

Nice playing with you sir.

Im sure i can beat NL20, but the aggressive bankroll and sports bets kill me haha.

Will be firing up a session tonight, mainly cash but some sats to the £100 game and the UKPC Main Satty.  This with a session on IPN and Stars.  Lets win the MicroMillions!!!

GL all
  • edited November 2013
    Lol some guy on the Master Cash table is peeling 3b OOP with Q2o and winning big pots.

Made for TV
  • edited November 2013
    Really poor session so far, ended down again on cash....couldnt get KK to hold v KJ on T932 for stacks, amongst other hilarites....still in the £54 sat for UKPC so lets hope we can steal a £1k seat
     :)
  • edited November 2013
    Well that was not ideal!!!

Pure bubble of the £54 UKPC sat and i get D/C'd from Sky Poker!
    Still managed to get a seat! :)

Thats back to back weeks ive managed to £11 > £54 > £240 so lets hope this time we can lock up one of the £1100 bad boy seats!!

Spent loads trying to sat into the £100 game tonight, but failed.  Think i came 2nd in 2 of those All in sats, as well as going close in the £2 frenzy.

Cash went woeful, but as i had 16 tables of MTTs on all sites running, i closed it down and will prob jump back on for another session.

Think next week i will make a serious effort to play more of those £11 sats.  If i pre reg the £54, i understand thats the loophole to not have to play the sat?  If so i think thats a good BR builder as the £11 sat i played this morn had 1 seat gtd and 4 players.... :)

In the £5 Mini Primo and gonna reg the £11 bounty hunter and hopefully turn this awful sunday around.

Had lots of stacks, early in a fair few mtts, across IPN and Stars, but nothing but snall cashes, all with 5 figs uT

Sundays are brutal!!!

• edited November 2013
    Oh dear

Started off great in the £240 but down to 2.5k from 7k

98 < J3ss on 987A2sss
    A7 < K3 on 7333J
    KK < ? on A855 in 3b pot 

all same villian

Then AK < JT on TTKA2

Grind time

• edited November 2013
    FML

Came 15th this week, never really recovered from the above and then got 12bbs in with AJ only to walk into AA.

As that happened i bust the major on IPN QQ v AJ aipf for 3x ave so must say i am going to bed pretty annoyed!

Cant play the final nxt week, so have to put the £1k main dream away for another week.

• edited November 2013
    Oh, and if you crazy readers/regs wanna add me on Skype, then feel free

Dannythehair is my alais there!!

:)

After a rubbish Sunday, its back to the menial working stiff life for me.

Still, only one score away from packing in the job and playing poker full time.  That or a lottery win/backer i suppose.

Itll come, more confident of that than a ruddy Sky £1k seat atm :)

All joking aside, ive been thinking........

These sats may just be the best way to build a roll on Sky.

Am i right in thinking that if you already have a £1k seat then the rest you get are in £££ in your acc?

Am i also right in thinking that if already regged for the £240 Sunday Final then all other £240 seats you get are credited in £ to your acc?

And the same for £54 seats?

If so then..............HELLO!!!!

I know there are already some crushers out there doing this (ChickenMelt, TommyD, et al) but this certainly has to be the way to go?

Considering my Poker BR currently merges range with my RL BR, this could be the way forward!!

We obv want a £1k seat, but getting a 2nd when then allow me to grind NL20/NL30 quite comfortably alongside MTTs.
    Getting a 3rd with give me a bit of freedom to play some more live events and sats.
    Getting a 4th, well, lets not think of that.

Always looking on the positive side!!

On the flip side my Sky MTT Sharkscope is gonna look vile with 2 x £240 MTTs resulting in £0.

#NegativeROIaments!

Sleep tight!
  • edited November 2013
    Yeah, if you're already reg the target tournament, then you get the monies. Did it myself this week as I wanted the £240 more than a seat for tonight ;)

Enjoyable read, keep up the good work!

Edit - I regret taking the money now :(
  • edited November 2013
    Been a few days, and just got back from MMA training in which i got my a$$ kicked....a lot :)

Only fired up a few games tonight:

Vegas League Qualifier on IPN
    £11 £2k BH
    £6 satty to £55 £1,5k BH
    Master Cash Table

Someone just left our cash table with £150 in front - GUTTED!!!

Oh dear, bust the satty!!!

Will update you cats laterz!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Hmm was grinding nicely (50bbs up) and then walked into a spot in which i 3bt A9dd and get a cold caller who donk bets every street on:

8d 6d 3h Ks 2c

Why no diamond in the sky!?

Back to the drawing board?!

We are currently 3/56/238 in the £11 £2k BH, and after bubbling it the last time i played it, lets see if we can do a ship :)

£9 locked in bounties, so not covered buyin yet (such a nit!!)