You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rancid writes ridic diary just in time for xmas

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    I to have just adopted one of the neighbours cats.  The damn thing has 3 legs so how can I not let it in.  It also does the hide in bushes trick after I've been trying to keep him out recently.  However, its all gone Pete Tong now that I bought some 'dreamies' treats.  He runs in and stands staring at the cupboard where I keep them.

I do all that as a good deed and then the missus comes home and goes mental about cat hair being everywhere.  So now not only do I let him in, feed him, I now have to get the hoover out when hes gone.  Marv!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Rancid writes ridic diary just in time for xmas:
    I to have just adopted one of the neighbours cats.  The damn thing has 3 legs so how can I not let it in.  It also does the hide in bushes trick after I've been trying to keep him out recently.  However, its all gone Pete Tong now that I bought some 'dreamies' treats.  He runs in and stands staring at the cupboard where I keep them. I do all that as a good deed and then the missus comes home and goes mental about cat hair being everywhere.  So now not only do I let him in, feed him, I now have to get the hoover out when hes gone.  Marv!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    DTM is this you ? I swear this is how I picture you sitting behind your massive console of 24 tables :)
    hahahahahahahahahaha 1 million dollars!!!!!!!

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Rancid writes ridic diary just in time for xmas : Hide n seek is a fav with my two sons Fighting for the remote control with my two sons is also good, espcially when the younger one jumps off the arm of the sofa into my ribs, that's a lot fun ! Sometimes I play hide the sausage with the missus! Apart from that I play anything from nl20 to nl200. I normally just start tables and wait for sharks to come and then I punish them for being so foolish ! If I am not trying to play some cash against players that would rarther sit on waiting lists then maybe I'll play an MTT untill I have either no chips or all the chips.
    Posted by rancid

HHhhhhmmmmm.

Where does the Wife hide HER sausage me wonders.
  • edited November 2013
    lalalalalalalala

what goes up must comedown, took a bit of beating on the cash tables last night - lost a few buy in's at nl50.
    Don't think I managed to profit on any tables, if so only by a few quid. Total contrast to last night but sometimes that's just what happens, set over set, KK8 flop holding KQ - holding toptop for vill to river 2 pr - stuff like that - plus I was playing quite aggro - shock ! Leading to a swingy session - a couple spots I spewed a bit but overall it was just a bit sigh.

only 590 points to go to priority, two days left should just bink it.

• edited November 2013
    Ok so today Tikay posts up something about Sharkscope and i go off on one.

I have very stroung views now regarding HUD's/software etc.. and the state of online poker.

If you look into the history of online poker and how it's evolved it's clear to see that everything is driven by money in the poker world. Poker sites are only concered about rake! Keeping customers, attracting new customers and ensuring the rake is rolling in.

For years and years poker sites do not care about the game. They are now coming to a point of realisation that an industry as big as it is - is in decline.

Now for the lol, they are trying to improve the state of online poker.

If we look at the example of black Friday, this in itself idetntifies the pure take all the money and run short term view poker sites and the people that run them have. Do they really care about the longevity of the game online.

Has poker really come a long way from the pool hall ? While playing live, there was a fear of being mugged or the dodgy dealing by some card sharks. Now you step online and you fear what software are they using to use against you and take your money. Am I playing against a bot, a shared account or someone with all the information regarding how I play that I stand no chance. All this perception of online poker is terrible, cause people just lose faith.

Everyone in poker is looking for an edge. Where poker is concerned where do we draw the line.
    At what point do we say eneough is enough with the computer programs ?

I feel if every site banned all 3rd party programs and tried to stop data mining. Online poker would flourish again and you would see so many people coming back online.

What else do we need, a women to win the WSOP main event for the next boom.
    If we ever get another boom, then why would they want to play online ?

• edited December 2013
    yo!

Ok so made priority.... now plan B - thing is I don't really have a plan, I switch on laptop and just play whatever I feel like.
    Normally ends up with me loading up cash tables at whatever limit I feel like playing at that time and seeing what comes out in the wash.

I been playing anything from nl20 - nl100 latley here and on 2 other sites and poker at the moment is a sick game.
    Had a royal and a straight flush but then again flopping set and villian flopping a straight so..... very swingy at the moment.

So with one month to go 2014, and I am really looking forward to 2014 - It's been 2 years since I started to get out of nl4 and I feel the progress I have made in my poker brain and also on the felt have been huge.
    So hopefully into 2014 I should be playing nl50+ and buying into bigger MTT's, so cross fingers 2014 should see some big leaps. But I don't ever see things in black and white cause I ain't no pro and if something comes up where I need to withdraw some £'s for holiday or emergency then so be it.

End of the day I am playing poker for fun, any money is for spends.
    Just hope I can push forward though and increase my spends :)
    You see cause if you have a job, winning poker is just a life bonus.

Never go pro imo, 2nd job is so nice with no stress :)

good luck at the tables

• edited December 2013
    yo!  Ok so made priority.... now plan B - thing is I don't really have a plan, I switch on laptop and just play whatever I feel like. Normally ends up with me loading up cash tables at whatever limit I feel like playing at that time and seeing what comes out in the wash. I been playing anything from nl20 - nl100 latley here and on 2 other sites and poker at the moment is a sick game. Had a royal and a straight flush but then again flopping set and villian flopping a straight so..... very swingy at the moment. So with one month to go 2014, and I am really looking forward to 2014 - It's been 2 years since I started to get out of nl4 and I feel the progress I have made in my poker brain and also on the felt have been huge. So hopefully into 2014 I should be playing nl50+ and buying into bigger MTT's, so cross fingers 2014 should see some big leaps. But I don't ever see things in black and white cause I ain't no pro and if something comes up where I need to withdraw some £'s for holiday or emergency then so be it. End of the day I am playing poker for fun, any money is for spends. Just hope I can push forward though and increase my spends :)You see cause if you have a job, winning poker is just a life bonus. Never go pro imo, 2nd job is so nice with no stress :) good luck at the tables
    Posted by rancid

Amen to that. And to the pro bit too.

• edited December 2013
    ok so into December and I promised myself I was going to play more MTT's.
    I played one last night so tonight I am going to increase the number to two.
    By wednesday I play three and if I have not won anything by Thursday then I am going to be cross.

I may just increase the number everyday untill I get bored.

Can you guess what I have been doing, yep that's right playing cash poker.
    Played on three sites with Sky being one of them, glad to say I won on all three :)
    I played this game called zoom, so much fun.
    The I played a game of look I have AA, that game is soooo much fun.

that is it

the end

o wait the white cat went missing but the owner found it, we was a bit worried last night.
    Also my son has a hearing problem, WHAT! I said a hearing problem.
    He needs grommets, so needs an operation and he is going to be put under so......he only 3 so poor little soul - me thinks it's going to an emotional day for us parents.

Nothing else to report really, poker is a bit dull init.

O wait I got something to share for the lol
    Was messing about doing the £5 spin, see Lamberts thread and this bit of poker happened.

redsl1970 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £24.14
    rancid Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £14.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

cwurep1 Fold        
    x Raise   £0.80 £1.10 £18.18
    skymac47 Fold        
    redsl1970 Fold        
    rancid Raise   £2.30 £3.40 £11.70
    x Call   £1.70 £5.10 £16.48
    Flop

• A
    • Q
    • K

rancid Bet   £3.83 £8.93 £7.87
    x Call   £3.83 £12.76 £12.65
    Turn

rancid All-in   £7.87 £20.63 £0.00
    x Call   £7.87 £28.50 £4.78
    rancid Show
    • Q
    • Q

x Show

River

x Win Flush to the Ace £27.07   £31.85

• edited December 2013
    hihi,

Not updated for a bit cause everything is a bit stale.
    Not much has happened, a couple of deep runs in MTT's - cash been plodding along playing nl20-50.
    Did try the £5 spin into £200, I am up to level nl200 - just gotta find the right time to give it a last spin.

Still can't motovate myself to play more MTT's. I don't know why cause I am sure I can bink some but it's the thought of spending 4-5 hours and walking away with a min cash would be just lol whole evening +£20 or whatever.

I can't remember which but maybe the £55 BH I sat into , got down to last 20 or something and went out holding AKvAQ.
    It always makes me feel like I jsut watsed 3-4 hours of my life :) It's pretty common for MTT's though to go 3-4 hours and get it in good and lose. To be honest I find it really hard to handle, in cash I would just say long term +EV all is good.
    For MTT's it's like how do you see the long term when varaince just destroys you in the short term. Everyone just waiting to hit a nice heater and bink some nice monies. Let's face it you really gotta play and run well to get a stack to avoid the high varaince towards the end of MTT's.

Maybe one day I'll sort out my MTT head and go play  some volume and crush some donkaments.

good luck at the tables

• edited December 2013
    Sorry to hear about the grommets

but go re read your original diary to get re focused on mtts
    or stock to cash if you cannot be ****ed
  • edited December 2013
    IMO, the key to MTTs is volume...yes you more often than not get bust on a flip, or when you've got it in ahead, but nothing beats the rush of a big final table... you can be playing for amounts you would never dream of sitting down with on a cash table.

if you were to 6 table tourneys for your whole session in the evenings, I'm sure you'd make a final table or 2 most nights...
  • edited December 2013
    Ok so, real life hits hard just before xmas.

I really don't want to go into the in's and outs as it's a public forum but I have had to withdraw a big chunk of my roll.
    Sometimes stuff happens in life and you have re prioritise stuff, not the first time it has happened but I would rarther do this than take out a loan. Kinda pains me somewhat to be doing this as my progress has been great here and elsewhere but it's only money right.

Suffice to say I am only going to be playing on two sites for the time being and I'll see what develop's into 2014.
    Most of my play will be on Sky at nl20-50.

On the poker front I been playing mostly cash as usual. As above withdraw all my monies from the 3 other sites I play on so all my BR is now on Sky and one other site.

Going to be concentrating on nl20-50 on both sites and build up again.
    Shame really was close to playing nl50-100 in in 2014 - guess it will have to wait.

Anyway probs won't be updating that much up till xmas. For me personally I can't wait for 2014.
    2013 for me has been a horiible year on the personal front with my Mum passing and after that the bigegst downswing ever in poker that ironically followed my biggest upswing. On reflection the big downswing could be a reaction to my Mum passing. I never really thought of it at the time but the two could be very related. Poker for the most part is a very mental game and if your not on your A game you can leak big time. I will never know but maybe my head wasn't in the right place for poker, even though when I did look through the HH it was overall very brutal.

But yeah poker! Where does it fit into your life. I have been thinking this for a while.
    For me it's something I just do.
    Some people watch TV/films or play computer/console games.
    For me my chill time is poker, once the kids are in bed - laptop on - poker on.

That's just the way I like it.

What are you aspirations ?

I used to aspire to be playing higher but where does that stop ? Do you forever want to play higher ?
    I mean it's all relative right, the amount you can win is always the same amount you can lose.

Do you really want to play higher with a smaller edge, and reduce your game to hunting the easy money.

Is this the state of online poker past nl100, be happy to take 3 buy ins from a mark then break even verus everyone else.

IDK maybe it's just me an old jaded poker player.

• edited December 2013

All the best,

You can soon re build up your bankroll, and move up a bit later, just been postponed slightly.

Hope it works out for you, whatever is happening.

All the best

• edited December 2013
    All the best, You can soon re build up your bankroll, and move up a bit later, just been postponed slightly. Hope it works out for you, whatever is happening. All the best
    Posted by LARSON7

+1

and unlucky in the mastercash challenge - i was hoping you would rise to the challenge and prove me wrong and be the second winner 

• edited December 2013
    cheers Larson,

Ok so played last night -

entered main and mini - got dumped out of the main by 93 verus my K10 - yeah like what
    my mini exit was limp,limp,min raise and I shove 76s - the m/r calls with 55 - wp m8
    6 on flop :) 5 on river :( gg wp

played some cash, got into a hole -5 buy ins and climbed out again - standard

ended the session -28 squid :(

so tonight gonna win the Jackpot so turbo wins please for £6k for xmas - thanks bye

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Rancid writes ridic diary just in time for xmas : +1 and unlucky in the mastercash challenge - i was hoping you would rise to the challenge and prove me wrong and be the second winner 
    Posted by GELDY
    :( sad times - may just dedicate one table to it and try again - just finding the motivation from somewhere to try again.
  • edited December 2013

So last night was a bit of a disaster, the two turbo’s were a complete wash out early doors.

The first half of my cash session I was down around £30. No biggie, I’ll turn it round hopefully, errrrrrrrrrr no. Ended the session down £169.

Pretty brutal run of cards against me to be fair or getting it pre flop good only to be shafted by the river. It is just one of them nights where nothing is going for you.

Yeah yeah people talk about running bad and running good, but does anyone really understand this ?

People run good which doesn’t just mean always have AAvKK or hitting draws.

It goes deeper where your just plain lucky someone has a house when you have quads. Running bad is hitting big hands but no one has anything to pay you off with. If you run really bad then your not getting paid off with big hands and your just getting hit the knackers by bad beats. You can also hit hands but villians always have +1 thank your very much. You also got to remember it’s such a fine line to how you play hands and  you can either win the max or lose the min, this is essentially what makes great players – great.

So what can we learn from this, everything. Cause it’s not running good and coolering people that makes you a good poker player. You got to have the mental toughness of a fully fledged poker nut case to take all these bad sessions and throw them to one side and think about if you played good or not.

Now somewhere in last nights session was a little bit of tilt, which may have led to a call here and there where I should of folded. This is where we have to be honest with ourselves and identify our weakness and also indentify what we are doing right.

During those 15 secounds we will make mistakes, we are only human. Shoulda raised more, shoulda just folded river, blah blah. Very easy in hindsight but that doesn’t mean it’s easy on the table. But we have to program our brain to remember that spot and next time do the right thing. So next time we will fold or we will raise more on the flop. Look for mistakes and program yourself not to make them again.

I could sit here now and say yeah most of it was bad beats, but what about the other 20% of monies lost. What happened how can I fix that.

You see just saying I am running bad and bleating about it and venting like a crazy de gen. We should concentrate on our own play and yes I still feel like I played good last night apart from a couple of river calls .

So I will go into my next session with the same confidence I went into last nights session. But now I must learn from my mistakes right, otherwise we will just keep on repeating them.

Poker is a harsh game folks. You will see a lot poker players saying how one week they are nearly busto then 2 weeks later they are now the best players in the world after binking some monies. Some of them players may even be busto 6 months later. But you gotta remember the next big win could be tonight or the next big downswing could start tonight, poker is exciting isn’t it!

So tonight I’ll be playing the £5 rebuy and some cash. Hopefully we run good cause it really does help :)

• edited December 2013
    Played last night and loaded up 4 MTT's, mini, main, £250GTD and £11 BH.

When I busted £250GTD near bubble  and £11 BH on the bubble I loaded up 4 cash tables, so wish I hadn't - started well then run into AA with KK, people showing me sets and hitting flushes when I have a flopped set yo! Show me the pain! So still running not very well in the cash. But still felt great and seemingly played some good poker, so confidence is still on the up.

But FT'd the mini and finished 4th, called a sb shove w/A10 4 handed which hurt me.
    AJ in the end not good enough for 10bigs versus Q10 - Jx10 flop x 10 run out, yeah thanks and goodnight.

So ended with around £80 up overall, not fantastic but profit is profit.

I kinda come to the conclusion that MTT's are easy to play arn't they, i mean does anyone actually think when they play these or just mash buttons with a little bit of paint.

Anyhow, anyway and what you saying!

• edited December 2013
    Didn't play till 10pm last night actually had a look round the outide world and found there to be a lot of weird people talking and laughing and stuff.
    I also must remind myself not to read a daily newspaper, isn't the world just a really depressing place - ignorance is bliss!

Also on a lighter note I been watching you tube and found videos with a bear killing a man and lions attacking people in a circus ring - plus there was another one where it was titled "Elephant kills Lion" but this is not true - sad - I know I really wanted to see an Elephant kill a lion.

Anyway, played for around 2 hours before I finally decide I just couldn't be asked anymore so I watched my sons school nativity then went to bed.

Ran terrible though, down £88. It was pretty funny, but nothing you can do. I say I ran bad but I actually ran well but people just ran better, when people are hitting 20-30% chances 100% of the time it does make it a bit like grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• edited December 2013
    so what you saying !

Didn't play that much the weekend, too busy visiting Santa and doing Xmas stuff. Had friends over with kids so was a very hectic household. Made £99 the time I did play and not much else, tried to sat in to the Primo + 9pm BH = fail. Would be nice to bink something just before xmas.

grats to AJ Rockets for a nice result :)

That's it, all a bit boring really -_- 

• edited December 2013
    yo! it's me.............

Listen I lost £11 last night, I know my life sux right :(

But, we know luck is luck and some people are just lucky right!
    Now this will sound a bit coincidental but driving home from work the other Wednesday and I had a horrible two days.
    I was so running bad @ life, traffic on the way to work for two days straight resulting in a two journey to work and back again wasn't much fun. Both days were a nightmare, things going wroung at work and personal problems getting me down.
    So all in all a pretty awful couple of days. So I thought on the way home I was gonna buy into the rebuys on Wednesday cause my luck gotta turn, and I felt yeah yeah yeah I am going to do the jackpot!  - as it happens I final tabled the mini rebuy. So this is gotta be Ying and Yang right, run bad and then we run good. Life/poker it's all the same bucket of varaince.

Now you all think I has lost the plot but check this one out..bit morbid but hey listen..
    My mum passes, which by anyone's standard is some serious run bad..then 8 weeks later I win the main rebuy back to back -wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - Ying and da Yang.

So if you ever want to know how bad your going to run in poker just check out how good/bad your running in life.
    So just prey for your girlfiend or boyfriend to leave you and you just may win an MTT!

Seriosuly what has poker got to do with skills!

good luck

IT'S TURBO TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2013

Cheers for the congrats pal. Was good timing just before Christmas.

Forgot about the mini rebuy. Tilt stopped watching straight after I got KO’d right near the final table. Saw you were doing well though. Good to hear you got on FT.

Good luck tonight but you’ll have to settle for second as I’ve decided to flick in ;)

• edited December 2013
    Yo! Not updated in ages - a few £'s up since last update so all is good

Not played a great deal but been throwing some money in another direction for life benefits.
    House, holiday plus xmas spends - does leave me back peddling with pokerz.

So moving into 2014 and regarding poker I should be playing nl50+ but due to the above life benefits this is not possible.
    I have had to curb my prolonged hunger to play higher for a while.

Hopefully now I can get down and dirty for 3-6 months and grind some £'s and get back on track.
    IDK the track may just be the same or one day I may actually jump to the higher track, have to wait and see what 2014 brings.

Enjoy your xmas, diary ends here - so I guess I'll cu at the tables in 2014.

good luck