You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A small flash in a big pan.

13»

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: A small flash in a big pan.:
    nice results charles i`m sure it`s between you and doh atm in our mtt challenge I need to increase my mtt volume if want get the 150 games done
    Posted by liamboi11
    I've only done 47 tournies this month, not sure I'll even make 100 let alone 150! So we will see...
  • edited December 2013
    I was really tired all afternoon today, so I didn't want to play any of the longer tournaments and have a late night. I stuck to the £400 BH, £100 Omaha and £200 freezeout.

Didn't cash in the Omaha for a change! (lol) Pretty sick hand to knock me out, I flopped 3 pairs (yes 3 pair not trips) bet strong on every street, and made him commit almost his whole stack on the turn only to turn the cards over on the river and see he had gone runner runner straight :(

No joy in the BH, no bounties, was just hanging on for most of it... I finished 4th though in the £200 freezeout, which gave me a small profit overall. (£22 worth of buy ins in total, and £23.10 cash for 4th, so a huge £1.10 profit).

I also played 3 cash games so I wasn't easily distracted only playing 3 games. I did 2x 20nl and 1x 10nl Mastercash. Small profit in thta as well. A bit annoyed with myself, I was over £20 in profit at one point, but ended up only £2.50ish up. I know £20 isn't a lot but I'm just trying to regain confidence in cash again, so finishing over a buy in up would of been a nice boost.

Total today

MTT - +£1.10
    Cash - +£2.44

To Date

MTT - +£658.71
    Cash - +£21.81
    DYM - +£82

Overall - +£762.52
  • edited December 2013
    Not bad. Your day's profit will buy you a pint of beer (well it will in the north where I am anyway ;)
  • edited December 2013
    Got to go out again tonight! Although It's nice keeping busy, it would be nice to get a bit more time to grind these tournies! I just wanted to make the 50 points again, so I quickly played 2x £11 DYMs and 2x £16.50. Had a bit of a mare. The first one I had AKdd, I raised and then faced a small 3bet, I just called as it's a DYM, the flop was A,K,J ... He bet, I 3bet, he 4bet jammed, I call... he had KK... Possibly vs a well known reg I could be folding there as he shows every sign on having AA or KK, but it was an unknown, so I just had to prey for the case A, which never came :(.

I only cashed one £11 game, so Made a loss of £35... I prefer to win that pint of northern beer from last night now ;-)

MTT - +£658.71
    Cash - +£21.81
    DYM - +£47

Overall - +£727.52
  • edited December 2013
    I'm going to stop this diary now... The idea was to pay for Christmas out of poker, I've done that now, so seems a bit pointless carrying on. 

I played on Sunday night and had a mare, I was £71 down on MTTs which annoyed me and I couldn't face going through it all again in a post on here. I didn't play last night, but just played a mixture of MTT, DYM and cash this afternoon and made £49, so got a fair bit of it back. That brings my total to around £700 on this diary.

Thanks to everyone for your good luck messages. I hope you all have a great Christmas break!