You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Master Cash 19/12/09 - Make Your Play ONE

2»

Comments

• edited December 2009

Not a bad shout Wilhelm....definately prefer a min raise to a call! At least you're showing strength!

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash 19/12/09 - Make Your Play ONE:
    In Response to Re: Master Cash 19/12/09 - Make Your Play ONE : So you are telling me that your play has gone full circle back to a calling station? you're just gonna call someone who tripple barrels you with second pair? I hope i never get that good. I understand that you are gonna get agro players who are happy to keep betting with air and the optimal way to get money is just to keep calling but this is not the optimal way to play poker full stop. Sometimes a re-raise on the flop will save you a lot of money. And my thinking is that saving money is as good as winning it
    Posted by salazar
    Guess what *SHOCK HORROR* against habitual bluffers being a calling station is probably the optimal strategy.

EDIT: and blanket arbitrary statements like "saving money is as good as winning it" aren't really a counter to alot of the stuff said by the side i'm on in this argument (especially offshoot).

I don't see how its even an argument, it's standard reasoning, if villain is barreling alot should we

a) call down lighter: to give him more chances to bluff
    b) raise: raise out all the hands that we beat that would have barreled or get re-raise bluffed or get called and have no idea where we are in a now massive pot that we can't control.

It's madness i tells ya! MADNESS!

Also, tikay, could you elaborate a little on who you feel is an ex-baller?

I tried but couldn't think of any, maybe Boosted J, but I think he still plays 2kNL
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash 19/12/09 - Make Your Play ONE:
    In Response to Re: Master Cash 19/12/09 - Make Your Play ONE : So you are telling me that your play has gone full circle back to a calling station? you're just gonna call someone who tripple barrels you with second pair? I hope i never get that good. I understand that you are gonna get agro players who are happy to keep betting with air and the optimal way to get money is just to keep calling but this is not the optimal way to play poker full stop. Sometimes a re-raise on the flop will save you a lot of money. And my thinking is that saving money is as good as winning it
    Posted by salazar
    there are obviously 2 sides here

your taking this as if it is the style we would play every hand exactly, obv gonna make sure our range is balanced in these spots... that way a good villain is obv gonna be less aware of what we have and less likely to bluff on later streets.

I also get the impression you feel like just because we call behind here that we would end up stacking off on the river, not sure if im right but part of what offshoot was saying that if we smooth call and they proceed on later streets you would prob lay it down as it would be far less likely they were running a bluff.

maybe you should look at someone like phil galfond play ( OMGCLAYAIKEN) he emphasises and displays this style alot and is def 1 of the best players out there.