You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker as a site.

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Ive been on Sky for many years and as for most people it was not the first site I used to play poker. 

I still use one other site, many people use more and just as many only use this one. In my eight years of playing on-line poker I have to say Sky has been the best site I have played on.

Why? Well, many people view Sky Poker in assosiation with Sky the brand as a whole and just assume its just one big money making machine only looking after themselves. Well, I have to disagree. Yes, its part of a huge brand but the people that are resposible for it look after there customers very, very well. 

Where else constantly asks us, the players, our views on everything from promotions to how they deal with us and also asks us for advice on what we would like to see. And then quickly respond by actually doing something about it. It has a forum where not only can we all interact but they interact with us.

Yes, it may not have the biggest player base but it plays in pounds and does everything it can to provide a top notch service.

My point - yes, I have one - is that with this openess I feel some players go too far with there critisms instead of making good, valued thought out points. Too many one line moans and criticism for no real good reasons appear in threads. Mainly regarding Freerolls at this point. Sky try there best to please as many as they can but its simply not possible to please everybody, all the time.

Keep up the good work Sky, and another great promotion is on the horizon. Well done for doing them as often as you do.

Craig.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Great post mate +1

Dave
  • edited November 2013
    Agree. More of this and less of the moaning about the site being rigged, new software  etc is long overdue. 
  • edited November 2013
    problem is that people who want to complain are much more motivated to say something.
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    Fantastic post, and I agree completely!

The one thing I would say is that you say this ...

In Response to Sky Poker as a site.:
    Yes, it may not have the biggest player base
    Posted by CraigSG1
    ... like it is a bad thing. Actually, that's one of the things I love about Sky Poker! It does have a small player base but I think that adds to the friendly community feel on the site :-)
  • edited November 2013
    Can Sky please stop it with all these decent promotions, I'm trying to take a break. TYVM.
  • edited November 2013
    Thank you Craig, and the others, it's much appreciated.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site.:
    Can Sky please stop it with all these decent promotions, I'm trying to take a break. TYVM.
    Posted by bbMike
    I know, right? I'm trying to build a bankroll here but Sky keep making me break my BRM with UKOPS and double rewards!! :p
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks all. I just thought I would post something positive as they has been a lot of unfair negaitive comments. Yes its mainly by people who just dont understand poker properly but when you want someone to join your site you dont want them being put off by these comments.

This is a fantastic site, with a brilliant community and some of the best promotions around. 
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks all. I just thought I would post something positive as they has been a lot of unfair negaitive comments. Yes its mainly by people who just dont understand poker properly but when you want someone to join your site you dont want them being put off by these comments. This is a fantastic site, with a brilliant community and some of the best promotions around. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    i wanna puke!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Good one C.
    Sky will certainly do for me....
  • edited November 2013
    Good Afternoon All
    Ihave been playing on Sky poker 4 about 2 years now, and although iam a losing player , i have enjoyed most of my time on it,
    I normally play low stakes deepstack tournaments and low stakes heads ups.
    Iplay the freeroll 4 a bit of fun.
    A little while ago i asked Tikay if he would join in a deepstack tournament ,which he obliged and cashed what other poker site can you get one of the top players 2 join in a £2.20 tournament , and he might be playing again this week hopefully Friday.
    Everyone is welcome to play 2.20 every afternoon.
    For a novice player like me it is very good value and a good learning experience, as some good players play in these tournaments.
    As for the Sky Poker i have only praise 4 the way i have been dealt with by Customer Services on the odd occasion i have contacted them,
    As 4 the Promotions some suit me and some dont , the ones that dont suit me dont hurt me so why moan.
    All the best
    Rainman397 

• edited November 2013
    Good Afternoon All Ihave been playing on Sky poker 4 about 2 years now, and although iam a losing player , i have enjoyed most of my time on it, I normally play low stakes deepstack tournaments and low stakes heads ups. Iplay the freeroll 4 a bit of fun. A little while ago i asked Tikay if he would join in a deepstack tournament ,which he obliged and cashed what other poker site can you get one of the top players 2 join in a £2.20 tournament , and he might be playing again this week hopefully Friday. Everyone is welcome to play 2.20 every afternoon. For a novice player like me it is very good value and a good learning experience, as some good players play in these tournaments. As for the Sky Poker i have only praise 4 the way i have been dealt with by Customer Services on the odd occasion i have contacted them, As 4 the Promotions some suit me and some dont , the ones that dont suit me dont hurt me so why moan. All the best Rainman397       
    Posted by rainman397
    Sigh.

The thread was going SO well until you said that, it was free of controversy & chunter.

Who'll be first for the tap-in?

8/13 The Hippo

9/4 MAXALLY

3/1 ChicknMelt, DontTellMum

9/2 GELDY

16/1 Bar

PS - Fingers crossed, I'll be with you guys on Friday afternoon. Will let you know Friday morning, but should be OK.  

• edited November 2013
    He's obv looking at the holdem skillz league upside down TK....
  • edited November 2013
    I think you've made some kind of typo here Rainman... ;)

Who got in for the 16/1 :)

EDIT: Sigh, can't even win a rubdown Tikay competition :(
  • edited November 2013
    I enjoy this site, Althought I only turned 18 on the 21st November. My mom plays here occsionally, and my dad does not like the place even thoough his bankroll s huge on othe sites.

From what I have seen most of the bad words about Skypoker come from regulars hitting a bad run, anyway me and mom are going to the next SPT, Assuming my dad comes on board so see ya there.
  • edited November 2013
    He's obv looking at the holdem skillz league upside down TK....
    Posted by chicknMelt

• edited November 2013
    Good site when we win   c rap site when we lose like every site :)
  • edited November 2013
      Where else constantly asks us, the players, our views on everything from promotions to how they deal with us and also asks us for advice on what we would like to see. .
    Posted by CraigSG1

I have to comment on this.

Not only do other sites ask users opinion they also reward them for giving opinions, there are also freerolls for active comunity members. So I would agree Sky listen, but there is not much incentive for being an active productive positve comunity member.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site. : Yup, go through the regular users posting history. You'll see quite often they are the worst offenders for negative comments about this site. Although Sky's numbers are slowley increasing and the the opinions of the 15 most regualrs posters are becoming less and less important. Should I recomend Skypoker to my 30 or so 18-20 close female/male friends? Not yet.
    Posted by Dani_chik
    Out of interest why wouldn't you?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site. : Out of interest why wouldn't you?
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Because I've only been here 5 days lol. I would of thought that was obvious.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site. : Because I've only been here 5 days lol. I would of thought that was obvious.
    Posted by Dani_chik
    Sorry didn't see your first post saying you had only turned 18 on the 21st!

There is a freeroll for forum contributions which runs every month (see top of the posts thread a the top of poker chat)

Oh and belated Happy Birthday and welcome to the site!!
  • edited November 2013
    We all need to realise winning 5p is better than losing £5
  • edited January 2014
    Ive been on Sky for many years and as for most people it was not the first site I used to play poker.  I still use one other site, many people use more and just as many only use this one. In my eight years of playing on-line poker I have to say Sky has been the best site I have played on. Why? Well, many people view Sky Poker in assosiation with Sky the brand as a whole and just assume its just one big money making machine only looking after themselves. Well, I have to disagree. Yes, its part of a huge brand but the people that are resposible for it look after there customers very, very well.  Where else constantly asks us, the players, our views on everything from promotions to how they deal with us and also asks us for advice on what we would like to see. And then quickly respond by actually doing something about it. It has a forum where not only can we all interact but they interact with us. Yes, it may not have the biggest player base but it plays in pounds and does everything it can to provide a top notch service. My point - yes, I have one - is that with this openess I feel some players go too far with there critisms instead of making good, valued thought out points. Too many one line moans and criticism for no real good reasons appear in threads. Mainly regarding Freerolls at this point. Sky try there best to please as many as they can but its simply not possible to please everybody, all the time. Keep up the good work Sky, and another great promotion is on the horizon. Well done for doing them as often as you do. Craig.
    Posted by CraigSG1
  • edited January 2014

I play at Sky because its the softest.

Would I recommend it to my competent poker friends...no.

Why? see the first line.
  • edited January 2014
    You get 10 points for every £1 of rake. The points for winning were league points, unrelated to cash 4 points. You don't get them anymore cos the league has been stopped
  • edited January 2014
    Ive been on Sky for many years and as for most people it was not the first site I used to play poker.  I still use one other site, many people use more and just as many only use this one. In my eight years of playing on-line poker I have to say Sky has been the best site I have played on. Why? Well, many people view Sky Poker in assosiation with Sky the brand as a whole and just assume its just one big money making machine only looking after themselves. Well, I have to disagree. Yes, its part of a huge brand but the people that are resposible for it look after there customers very, very well.  Where else constantly asks us, the players, our views on everything from promotions to how they deal with us and also asks us for advice on what we would like to see. And then quickly respond by actually doing something about it. It has a forum where not only can we all interact but they interact with us. Yes, it may not have the biggest player base but it plays in pounds and does everything it can to provide a top notch service. My point - yes, I have one - is that with this openess I feel some players go too far with there critisms instead of making good, valued thought out points. Too many one line moans and criticism for no real good reasons appear in threads. Mainly regarding Freerolls at this point. Sky try there best to please as many as they can but its simply not possible to please everybody, all the time. Keep up the good work Sky, and another great promotion is on the horizon. Well done for doing them as often as you do. Craig.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    antes anybody?
  • edited January 2014
    This is like old russia, you are not allowed to say anything negative about sky poker.
    But the fact is, if you take money from your account you will not win again.
    I am a good player,and beem around the block a few times,been playing poker for over
    45 years, and I know when I have been cold decked time and time again.
    It's the computer set to make you put more money in your account.
    I bet I'am banned for telling the truth. 

• edited January 2014
    This is like old russia, you are not allowed to say anything negative about sky poker. But the fact is, if you take money from your account you will not win again. I am a good player,and beem around the block a few times,been playing poker for over 45 years, and I know when I have been cold decked time and time again. It's the computer set to make you put more money in your account. I bet I'am banned for telling the truth. 
    Posted by blimey61
    LOL
  • edited January 2014
    You get 10 points for every £1 of rake. The points for winning were league points, unrelated to cash 4 points. You don't get them anymore cos the league has been stopped
    Posted by Lambert180
    you get 1 point for every pound get it right