You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker as a site.

2»

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site.:
    This is like old russia, you are not allowed to say anything negative about sky poker. But the fact is, if you take money from your account you will not win again. I am a good player,and beem around the block a few times,been playing poker for over 45 years, and I know when I have been cold decked time and time again. It's the computer set to make you put more money in your account. I bet I'am banned for telling the truth. 
    Posted by blimey61
    Sample size, that is all!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site. : you get 1 point for every pound get it right
    Posted by blimey61
    i thought it was 10 points, play 10 £1 DYM = £1 rake = 10 points!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site. : you get 1 point for every pound get it right
    Posted by blimey61
    He did get it right!

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/earning-poker-points
  • edited January 2014
    This is like old russia, you are not allowed to say anything negative about sky poker. But the fact is, if you take money from your account you will not win again. I am a good player,and beem around the block a few times,been playing poker for over 45 years, and I know when I have been cold decked time and time again. It's the computer set to make you put more money in your account. I bet I'am banned for telling the truth. 
    Posted by blimey61
    Seriously?

These two sentences seem to contradict one another. At your age, you should be smart enough to realise there is not a conspiracy around every corner.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site. : Seriously? These two sentences seem to contradict one another. At your age, you should be smart enough to realise there is not a conspiracy around every corner.
    Posted by Slipwater
    what are you talking about, absolute stupid person.
    must be from another country

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site. : what are you talking about, absolute stupid person. must be from another country
    Posted by blimey61
    Laugh. Out. Loud.

...the irony of such a ridiculous statement.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site. : Laugh. Out. Loud. ...the irony of such a ridiculous statement.
    Posted by Slipwater
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker as a site. : Laugh. Out. Loud. ...the irony of such a ridiculous statement.
    Posted by Slipwater
  • edited January 2014
    Can I just say - everyone has there right to an opinion. I/we may not agree but if you have something to say start your own thread, dont hijack mine please on another subject. The subject in question being online poker being rigged - or indeed just sky but sky is part of online poker so it is one and the same.

My opinion? Online poker is not rigged, there is simply NO way to make more money by 'rigging' on line poker. There is simply no need! They generate money through rake and would not jeopardise that reputation in ANY way. I know its easier to think that there is somebody behind the scenes picking the cards but im sure they would need MORE people doing this than playing and would these phantom people do it for free? This sounds like an absurd tangent but no more than saying online poker is rigged.

• edited January 2014
    Apologies, Craig.
  • edited January 2014
    Can I just say - everyone has there right to an opinion. I/we may not agree but if you have something to say start your own thread, dont hijack mine please on another subject. The subject in question being online poker being rigged - or indeed just sky but sky is part of online poker so it is one and the same. My opinion? Online poker is not rigged, there is simply NO way to make more money by 'rigging' on line poker. There is simply no need! They generate money through rake and would not jeopardise that reputation in ANY way. I know its easier to think that there is somebody behind the scenes picking the cards but im sure they would need MORE people doing this than playing and would these phantom people do it for free? This sounds like an absurd tangent but no more than saying online poker is rigged.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    i don,t agree, fatboylamps didn't agree,his remarks have been deleted.
    just like old russia 
  • edited January 2014
    Agree with this post and well said. I play on many sites ad sky is easily the best. I used to play on full tilt untilthey ran into trouble and then went on a search for another site. I joined sky because i saw the free 20 pound offer and although I play on other sites most my poker time is spent on sky.

Yes they arent perfect but sky listen and respond....might seem basic but the other sites dont do it. Smaller traffic on sky enables them to listen and respond which benefits us (the customer). However sky make the effort!

People like tikay give up their own personal time to continue to try to educate and assist people....legend.
    He also plays on the site regularly which is great to see.

The players on sky are simply the best, nothing worse than playing on other sites and not one person uttering a word or responding to your nh, wp etc.....until they lose and shout abuse.

The community forums are great ...so many people give up their spare time to write journals, give advice and organise competitions.

I also love the software. Yes its not perfect and people always complain but i think its great.

Skypoker for me is No 1.
  • edited January 2014
    It just gets me tilted when people bemoan Sky (and online poker in general) as being rigged etc because these thinsg 'never' happen live! 

My suggestion, go on YouTube and search poker bad beats and suckouts etc etc and see that it happens. Everywhere! Seriously, there are some pretty sick beats out there! Check them out, it certainly makes you feel better!

:)
  • edited January 2014
    Just saw this post and found it very interesting. I'm a player who used to play on Sky, but now plays on another site. After experiencing other sites, Sky has many positives, but also much it could improve upon.

Pros:
    *Playing in GBP is brilliant.
    *Does not extort players through the withdrawal process like the current site I'm on.
    *Great community spirit and a wonderful television show.

Cons:
    *Even after the improved software, I feel it falls well short of the site I play on.
    *As a micro stakes player, the range of tournaments on offer is relatively poor (Too many Bounty Hunters, but maybe it is supply and demand).
    *Playing every tournament 6-handed. I would prefer a mixture of 6 and 9-handed tournaments.

• edited January 2014
     Time to add my thoughts and if anybody remembers my meltdown post a while ago forget about it. This is what I should have said.

I've played on a few sites and Sky is the only one where I have been able to improve my game through the tv channel, forums and generally talking to others especially in a team format. As far as I'm aware no other site can offer all this. This also makes me think of Skypoker, along with the various FB pages, as a social networking site too. I've met many people playing poker who I now consider as friends.

A huge part of what I love about Skypoker is the community and I include table chat among this. I play now and again on another site and the silence in the chatbox is deafening. I play poker cos I love the game but a bit of chat to break up the lulls is always welcome.

Withdrawals are so much easier and faster on here. I know that if I withdraw on a Monday it will be in my account usually 2 days later.

Customer Care have always been brilliant on  the rare occasions I've had to contact them. There's also the way that Sky will take note of feedback and also offer extra prizes for DTD Orfy etc. Only on Sky I think I'm right in saying.

Software is moving in the right direction although it does lag behind the other site I play on but that is only to be expected considering the financial clout involved.

Sky is doing so many things right and I for one love it and will be here till my dying day or when  every game is a bounty hunter, whichever comes first.