You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live AK spot

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Live AK spot:
    Don't let em get to you Jac, think you played it fine  (except for fold face up bit) Calling in this spot has pretty much capped our range at AK/AA A GOOD player may very well have us crushed already and will be able to put us under a ton of pressure with pot sized bets on turn and river.  He likely has at worst a very strong draw and can barrell loads of scare cards whether or not they help him. It's all very well saying call and reassess, but we need to have a plan for the rest of the hand. Do we want to potentially get 400bb in with one pair?
    Posted by simonnatur
    This.
  • edited November 2013
    Henrik, Idcu, rancid Obv, I was never raising and calling was the option I was close to doing. Felt pretty dirty folding  What do we do on a blank turn?
    Posted by Jac35
    I've not read the rest of the posts, but CM is right how was he playing?

How does he play his flush draws? I think reads are the most important, and gut instinct.

If he's been playing pretty snug, then it's an easy fold I would say. And if he's bluffing, good on him, we only have invested a few pound into the pot.

If he's been pretty active, i'd call and re assess on the turn. Nothing wrong with folding in the slightest imo. Reads would be everything/ gut feeling.

From what you said, there is plenty of better opportunities at the table.

Can't remember what you raised to pre, but that time I played live, and raised pretty big pre, a 3x 4 x raise usually resulted in an almost family pot!
  • edited November 2013
    Don't let em get to you Jac, think you played it fine  (except for fold face up bit) Calling in this spot has pretty much capped our range at AK/AA A GOOD player may very well have us crushed already and will be able to put us under a ton of pressure with pot sized bets on turn and river.  He likely has at worst a very strong draw and can barrell loads of scare cards whether or not they help him. It's all very well saying call and reassess, but we need to have a plan for the rest of the hand. Do we want to potentially get 400bb in with one pair?
    Posted by simonnatur
    Thanks Simon
    Think you've pretty much nailed it with that post.
    Yeah, I was pretty baffled when one of the posters launched into the, game too big, bumhunting, wanting everyone to tell me how good I am, stuff

Thought it was an unusual spot where folding TPTK on the flop actually felt ok. Just wanted constructive opinions, not just, 'you played it right' posts

Folding face up was pretty daft. In my defence, I had drunk copious amounts of Estrella! :)
    (Although that is obviously no defence at all as drinking while playing is pretty gormless)
  • edited November 2013
    fwiw playing AK OOP against a strong opponent when under the influence is not a good idea
    whether technically right or not folding is a safe move
    i fear i'd have done the opposite in your situation/state

and i love the face up
    would have done bundles to reinforce the fact that you two were the sharks to be reckoned with
    (as the others would have been amazed how you knew the other guy had you beat - of course they don't know what he had either)
  • edited November 2013
    fwiw playing AK OOP against a strong opponent when under the influence is not a good idea whether technically right or not folding is a safe move i fear i'd have done the opposite in your situation/state and i love the face up would have done bundles to reinforce the fact that you two were the sharks to be reckoned with (as the others would have been amazed how you knew the other guy had you beat - of course they don't know what he had either)
    Posted by GELDY

I think your message arrived during the hand Geldy :)
    I thought "if Geldy thinks I should leave, I'm leaving" so I folded, picked up my chips and ran.