You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Software: rolled-out today

Hi all

As many of you will know and have spotted, we rolled-out the new Sky Poker software today on Tournaments and Sit & Go games too. Although the new software has more features and improvements, we realise that some people might take some time to get used to it.

So for a while, we have enabled the option to allow you to revert to the previous version. This is in case you'd like to go back to it whilst you get used to the new version or if you have any issues.

Obviously this is not an option that will be available forever as it's just not practical to keep many versions of the same software going.

So if you wish to do that, here's how:

Click the Help & Support tab above the chat box, scroll down to “Problems with the new tables”. This will then produce the following message.

Upon confirming that you want to use the old tables you will need to close the table(s) that you are currently on and reopen them from the lobby.
 You can revert back to the new style tables by clearing the cookies on your machine.  

We'd encourage people to try the new software and give us any feedback in the 'Feedback Area' menu on the forum.

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to New Software: rolled-out today:
    Hi all As many of you will know and have spotted, we rolled-out the new Sky Poker software today on Tournaments and Sit & Go games too. Although the new software has more features and improvements, we realise that some people might take some time to get used to it. So for a while, we have enabled the option to allow you to revert to the previous version. This is in case you'd like to go back to it whilst you get used to the new version or if you have any issues. Obviously this is not an option that will be available forever as it's just not practical to keep many versions of the same software going. So if you wish to do that, here's how: Click the Help & Support tab above the chat box, scroll down to “Problems with the new tables”. This will then produce the following message. Upon confirming that you want to use the old tables you will need to close the table(s) that you are currently on and reopen them from the lobby.   You can revert back to the new style tables by clearing the cookies on your machine.    We'd encourage people to try the new software and give us any feedback in the 'Feedback Area' menu on the forum. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    thats better.. i have tried them quite a few and just don,t like the layout.thanks for this option but how long will it be available for? and can there be somthing done that makes it easier too tell when there are players sat out/away for when the new tables are the only option..cheers
  • edited December 2013
    Ikeps freeeing on me n Response to Re: New Software: rolled-out today:
    In Response to New Software: rolled-out today : thats better.. i have tried them quite a few and just don,t like the layout.thanks for this option but how long will it be available for?
    Posted by churchy18
    keeps  freezing on me chat dont work wasted2times £2:20 tonight
  • edited December 2013
    I played in the Mini BH tonight,had no problems,really enjoyed it!
    Only played 1 table.
  • edited December 2013
    Played in a £5 DYM 01.05 Player Edrich had folded,but his cards were still showing face down ,as still being in the game! (22/11/13)
  • edited December 2013
    wish this new system was never rolled out for sit and gos played last night on this and it totally ruined my games, blinded out god knows how many times,kept freezing on me, just wish sky left well alone, the old tables done the job perfectly well enough.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to New Software: rolled-out today:
    Hi all As many of you will know and have spotted, we rolled-out the new Sky Poker software today on Tournaments and Sit & Go games too. Although the new software has more features and improvements, we realise that some people might take some time to get used to it. So for a while, we have enabled the option to allow you to revert to the previous version. This is in case you'd like to go back to it whilst you get used to the new version or if you have any issues. Obviously this is not an option that will be available forever as it's just not practical to keep many versions of the same software going. So if you wish to do that, here's how: Click the Help & Support tab above the chat box, scroll down to “Problems with the new tables”. This will then produce the following message. Upon confirming that you want to use the old tables you will need to close the table(s) that you are currently on and reopen them from the lobby.   You can revert back to the new style tables by clearing the cookies on your machine.    We'd encourage people to try the new software and give us any feedback in the 'Feedback Area' menu on the forum. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Can I ask, why not?

All other sites have multiple options for table layouts. Maybe 40/50+ combinations of table colour, background colour, card appearance etc.

If we've had the choice on cash for months now, why can't we continue to have the choice?

Knew this reaction would come, mini view has always been better than all other views on the internet, it's unique to sky and it's brilliant. It was under-rated until now.  

"You don't know what you had until it's gone...." :(
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New Software: rolled-out today:
    In Response to New Software: rolled-out today : Can I ask, why not? All other sites have multiple options for table layouts. Maybe 40/50+ combinations of table colour, background colour, card appearance etc. If we've had the choice on cash for months now, why can't we continue to have the choice? Knew this reaction would come, mini view has always been better than all other views on the internet, it's unique to sky and it's brilliant. It was under-rated until now.   "You don't know what you had until it's gone...." :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1
  • edited December 2013
    How long will it be until skypoker is available on iPads? 
  • edited December 2013
    As a multitabler I prefer the new look. I can easily see what's happening on all tables with 9 tables all shrunk down on my one screen, whilst another 9 running on other software on the other.

Maybe I'm the only one that thought the old software in mini view looked and played horribly!! Looked like a kid had drawn it!

Good changes!!
  • edited December 2013
    How long will it be until skypoker is available on iPads? 
    Posted by gavi
    That's one of the features that the new software will allow soon.

We'll be sure to keep you informed on this so watch this space!
  • edited December 2013
    Hi

when using the mouse wheel to increase bet sizing it increases in multiples of the big blind, is it possible to change this to small blind mjltiples to give quick and easy ability to do 2.5, 3.5 raises etc.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to New Software: rolled-out today : Can I ask, why not? All other sites have multiple options for table layouts. Maybe 40/50+ combinations of table colour, background colour, card appearance etc. If we've had the choice on cash for months now, why can't we continue to have the choice? Knew this reaction would come, mini view has always been better than all other views on the internet, it's unique to sky and it's brilliant. It was under-rated until now.   "You don't know what you had until it's gone...." :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi dohhh,

This is exactly why we need to move to the new software which allows multiple themes, layouts, card decks etc. It's impossible for one layout to please everyone, the new software allows us to get to a place where you can all customise it to suit your own needs.

We cannot do anything with the old software, which is why nothing has improved or changed in many years, it's  technically not possible. 

We are already working on a classic mini view theme and layout for the new software which will be themed on the old mini view. It'll be a user choice to toggle between new and classic themes.

I dont know if you've seen the thread about it, but as a mini view lover it would be great to get your feedback to our design team on this thread here

We are hoping to have this new mini view available in a matter of weeks rather than months. (it would have taken over a year to do this on the old software)

The reason we cant keep the old software 'forever' is it will quickly come to a point where it prevents us from improving the new software, such as adding ante's or a timebank.

We understand this is a big change for everyone, which is exactly why we have provided the fallback option, we will keep this option open for as long as reasonably needed.

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited December 2013
    ok change back to the old tables for multi table how can i change back to the new ones ??????????
  • edited December 2013
    ok change back to the old tables for multi table how can i change back to the new ones ??????????
    Posted by karlluke
    You can revert back to the new style tables by clearing the cookies on your machine.
  • edited December 2013
    Bugs/Teething Troubles

I played on the new software and generally it's better. However I late reg'd in a mtt b/h, the table opened, all 6 seats were empty and the message said the table will close shortly. It didn't allocate a seat for me and the empty table stayed open. I closed it down and launched the table from the lobby and all was fine.
    I too have a big problem with the software freezing, I was playing one table, watching one, as there were 11 left and both froze. At least 2 others on my table had the same issue. The other problem was when they were sat out there was no way of telling, the "sat out" sign was not displayed in front of their stacks. Only a minor thing but it made blind stealing interesting!
    Just thought i'd let you know so you can improve the software.

Adrian
  • edited December 2013
    opponents cards remain face down when both all in, this can not be right you watch your chips disappear and have a clue what you lost to, FEEL CHEATED 
  • edited December 2013
    How do you clear cookies please?? I am useless with computers.

Also if I can't clear the cookies will the tables eventually revert back to the new style again???
  • edited December 2013
    One improvement I would like to see is for all the print to be white on blue,at the moment, some is(very clear) and some is dark blue on background blue(not sharp enough to see clearly,infact a bit blurred)
  • edited December 2013
    The trouble with clearing cookies is that you delete all the cookies you want to keep.
  • edited December 2013
    The trouble with clearing cookies is that you delete all the cookies you want to keep.
    Posted by FCHD
    Agreed. I dislike that advice. It should be clear the cookies for this site, but that's more complicated to do. Not that it would help in this situ.. just going off on one about this particular advice.

• edited December 2013
    Last 2 days i've been forced into playing the new software, i tried n fair do's i'm not a high roller but its bad! Cards disappearing on the table, they flash up, like a memory game lol. Had the client spontaneously close 7 times. Not good enough. i'm no big loss to sky but my old site i'm going back to (*ok***t**s) and will no longer recommend this site.

Well done sky

Be lucky all who play!
  • edited December 2013
    hate it sorry x
  • edited December 2013
    I tried the new software again tonight,and I am really getting used to it!

I believe it is the change that is daunting, once you familiarise yourself with it , you will not want to go back to the old software.

There are teething problems in all new software!
  • edited December 2013
    The only thing that is missing is the word Away, when a player is not there. Very important when playing DYMs
  • edited December 2013
    still hate it and nobody from sky has answered the question about oppenents cards not being seen when both all in, have no idea what I lost to still feel cheated, also althought the time counting down is the same i.e 15 secs it feels shorter as it is bigger so appears to give you less time , not good if fact hate that as well
  • edited December 2013
    Still looks like a downgrade, looks very 'plastic' and tacky... TO PUT IT IN OTHER WORDS, JORDAN AND PETER ANDRE WOULD PREFER THIS NEW LOOK, but i prefer the older minimal/classy look.

Booo! :(

• edited December 2013
    This look is why i dont like playing on 888, looks guff... well benidorm. 
  • edited December 2013
    Used to look 'waitrose', now it looks 'Iceland'... Like Kerry catonas frozen, reformed beef dinners! 
  • edited December 2013
    It's awful. I've already emailed and complained.  The support for it is rubbish too, even your help desk people don't know what they are doing on it.

Problems - 1) No way to get a mini-view of the table.  This makes it almost impossible to play more than one tournament at a time.

2) Graphics keep screwing up.  I end up with other players avatars all over the table, their cards in different places, random blocks of graphics just popping up all over the table.  It's horrible, confusing, and amateurish.

3) The time bar is less obvious.  The old time bar was FAR clearer in letting you know how much time you had, and whose turn it was.  The current one is a lot less conspicuous.

4) The old format was not as flashy, or glitzy but I don't care about that.  I care about ease of use and gameplay.  Both were better in the old format.  I've not completely stopped playing but I'm playing less than I would have been and I'm actively looking to find a different poker provider who has a table layout that I like. It's a shame as I've been with Sky for a bloody long time.
  • edited December 2013
    cant get on he table to revert anyways :(