You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

xmas pker tournaments

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
very disappointed with the xmas tournaments.  as a regular low stakes player the daily points i have to hit to enter a tourament are far to high, and i would have to play for far longer hours than i am able.  seems to me only sky benefit by all the addition rakes they get. 

xmas tournaments should be a reward for playing on sky all year and not a means for them to ern lots more money.

What do u think

Comments

• edited December 2013
    come on sky, reward the low stakes players for their loyalty, with some decent, cheap tournaments.  you make enough money off me all year.

who agrees?
  • edited December 2013

Which tournaments are you talking about please?
  • edited December 2013

Hi April,

Tournaments start at £1.10, what price do you think is "fair & reasonable"? The entry fee is reflected in the prize pool, of course.

Daily Freerolls, I think, start at 10 poker points, which seems fairly reasonable, do you not agree?

The Business sticks a lot of money into Freerolls & Promotions, but it takes two to tango, & both parties have to make a little effort if they want a return. Just my personal view, by the bye.

• edited December 2013

Whoops, posts crossed. I'll get me coat.
  • edited December 2013
    I assume the tournaments in question are the Winter Wonderlands?

Yes, you do have to play quite a bit to make even the lowest tier of tournaments (I won't get anywhere near it myself), but sometimes the high volume/stakes players deserve a promotion aimed at them, don't you think?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: xmas pker tournaments:
    I assume the tournaments in question are the Winter Wonderlands? Yes, you do have to play quite a bit to make even the lowest tier of tournaments (I won't get anywhere near it myself), but sometimes the high volume/stakes players deserve a promotion aimed at them, don't you think?
    Posted by FCHD
    Ahh, yes of course, that is what Mr April is referring to.

The point made is taken, but its hard to get these things "just so". (I'm not arguing with you, not at all, just picking up on it).

If we do the upside down thing, & look at it from another angle, it becomes clearer.

The Winter Wonderland thing has £20,000 of Prizes, I think. Imagine if there were ZERO barrier to entry. The Promo would be absolutely flooded with players, & the £20,000 would be diluted to a high degree, & those who have been here non-stop, all the time, would only be getting the same treatment as those who ONLY turn up for the free money, & never play, or Deposit, here. There'd be quite a hoohah, were that the case.

It's a tricky balancing act this.

• edited December 2013
    Yet again another post where "low stakes players" are asking for free things , 
    The "rock" pointed out something a while ago and is right ppl need to put there hand in their pockets for once and actually put the hours in.

I dont agree with you there FCHD getting 50 points for 5 seperate days out of 31 days is pretty easy but if your playing an hour a week then you get what u deserve really as those who put in the hours deserve everything.

If i was sky i would just wipe out the freerolls and actually put in private freerolls for those who actually put in the time and effort.

As for the winter wonderland its such a great promotion and value for money is next to none so sky cant do much more about that and they dont need to.
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon all.
    As a low stakes player, with the double points last week i have managed 2 get 903 points so far, just by playing mainly low stakes heads up.
    You do have 2 put in the hours but you can pick your hours ie happy hours will boost your points.
    Also playing the DEEPSTACK @2.20PM 4 £2.20 can help boost your bankroll.
    All the best
    Rainman397 
  • edited December 2013
    U gotta spend money to make money

I hit my 50pt targets last only putting in an hour or two each night and made a nice profit

Sky have some of the best freerolls in the online poker world. Who wants to play for a 75 dollar freeroll with over 3000 people fighting over 18 dollors for the winner. Not me.

Ps. Rainman might join u over xmas when off work in the deepy
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon Stuarty.
    Look forward to seeing you at Christmas Deepstack.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.In Response to Re: xmas pker tournaments:
    U gotta spend money to make money I hit my 50pt targets last only putting in an hour or two each night and made a nice profit Sky have some of the best freerolls in the online poker world. Who wants to play for a 75 dollar freeroll with over 3000 people fighting over 18 dollors for the winner. Not me. Ps. Rainman might join u over xmas when off work in the deepy
    Posted by stuarty117
  • edited December 2013
    come on sky, reward the low stakes players for their loyalty, with some decent, cheap tournaments.  you make enough money off me all year. who agrees?
    Posted by APRIL49

I honestly don't think SKY will be making much money from you at all if you can not make the points neccessary for this promotion.
    Just enjoy the poker you do play and stop worrying about what other players might get.
  • edited December 2013
    come on sky, reward the low stakes players for their loyalty, with some decent, cheap tournaments.  you make enough money off me all year. who agrees?
    Posted by APRIL49
    this is quite laughable. i play more games in 2 weeks than you have all year and you dont see me asking for a reward. nice try though ;-)
  • edited December 2013
    I agree with jonjo.

50points to achieve a day, is not massive, I think you could get this playing 4nl for maybe an hour? And certainly during the happy hour.
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon all. As a low stakes player, with the double points last week i have managed 2 get 903 points so far, just by playing mainly low stakes heads up. You do have 2 put in the hours but you can pick your hours ie happy hours will boost your points. Also playing the DEEPSTACK @2.20PM 4 £2.20 can help boost your bankroll. All the best Rainman397 
    Posted by rainman397
    See him here see him there the rainman is everywhere.....:@)

Love your drive and commitment in trying too get the numbers up for this tournament..

Might even give it a go on wedensday even although i,am worse at hold em than i,am at my game hi/lo
  • edited December 2013
    I'm with you on this one April.
    I've had a similar situation with my local boozer.
    I spoke to the landlord and said "I've bought loads of beer this year. As a reward can I have loads of pints for free on Christmas Eve?"
    Couldn't believe it when he said "err, no Paul, you can't"
    Scrooges
  • edited December 2013
    No comment from me.
  • edited December 2013
    I agree with jonjo. 50points to achieve a day, is not massive, I think you could get this playing 4nl for maybe an hour? And certainly during the happy hour.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Playing how many tables?
  • edited December 2013
    I'm with you on this one April. I've had a similar situation with my local boozer. I spoke to the landlord and said "I've bought loads of beer this year. As a reward can I have loads of pints for free on Christmas Eve?" Couldn't believe it when he said "err, no Paul, you can't" Scrooges
    Posted by Jac35
    Do the other "boozers" in your area give free pints then? Like other poker sites do?
  • edited December 2013
    I agree with jonjo. 50points to achieve a day, is not massive, I think you could get this playing 4nl for maybe an hour? And certainly during the happy hour.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Most of us prefer working for our £12 an hour, not grinding poker for £4 an hour lololol.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: xmas pker tournaments : Do the other "boozers" in your area give free pints then? Like other poker sites do?
    Posted by VickiPKR[/QUOTE

Bit confused.
    Are you being witty?
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by LARSON7

No chance without playing huge number of tables. I've just been playing for about 45 minutes, and have earned a grand total of 1 point. Yes 1.

Again, I stress I'm not complaining about this promotion or those who will gain from it.
  • edited December 2013
    1 point in 45 minutes? was you sat out for the first 44 minutes lol
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: xmas pker tournaments : No chance without playing huge number of tables. I've just been playing for about 45 minutes, and have earned a grand total of 1 point. Yes 1. Again, I stress I'm not complaining about this promotion or those who will gain from it.
    Posted by FCHD
    Quit waiting for AA or KK
  • edited December 2013
    Hmm interesting point. I play consistently all year round maybe on average 4 - 3.30 games a day yet I dont get a xmas present? Mind you I never expect one I play because I enjoy each game. Maybe its something sky can look at next year however. Do they wanna just reward those that pay high rake in the run up to xmas or maybe reward the likes of us that play consistently all year with a little xmas pressie. I think a mix would be nice.

Personally the points needed to qualfiy for the freeroll are beyond me.

Ger
  • edited December 2013
    I agree that 50 pts per day for 15 out of 31 days is not bad at all considering the prize pool of the three freebies, well done sky, but im a bit confused as to how many days at this point I have hit the 50mark. I think its 7 out of 9 so far, is there a way to find out how many times we have hit the daily target..

20,000 IN FREEROLLS, (FANTASTIC)
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: xmas pker tournaments : No chance without playing huge number of tables. I've just been playing for about 45 minutes, and have earned a grand total of 1 point. Yes 1. Again, I stress I'm not complaining about this promotion or those who will gain from it.
    Posted by FCHD
    FCHD i'm obviously off the mark with that, I was trying to think back to when I played 4nl a lot.

I used to play 4/5 tables, what I really meant to say in my original post is that I definatly think it is doable to achieve 50 points per day, especially if playing cash during the happy hours.
  • edited December 2013
    Yeah it's definitely do-able at 4NL. The only one I can imagine getting 1 point for 45 minutes is if you were 1tabling 4NL and waiting for absolute monsters, if that's the case then yeh it will be very hard to get 50 points.

You'd have to be multitabling 4NL to get 50 points in a day.
  • edited December 2013
    1 tabling, yes, waiting for monsters no. Just playing typical 2p-4p ABC poker. I did manage a second poker point almost straight after I posted though!
  • edited December 2013
    That might be where your goin wrong FCHD! i play near enough every hand and my points just fly in.
    You can still easily make any of the 3 freerolls so just add a few extra tables and maybe put in a couple extra hours then im sure youll get in one.

But playing ABC poker on 1 table dont you find that boring? you must get like 5 hand an hour! no wonder you get 1 point lol.
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon Churchy.
    Looking forward 2 playing you on wednesday.
    All the best.
    Rainman397In Response to Re: xmas pker tournaments:
    In Response to Re: xmas pker tournaments : See him here see him there the rainman is everywhere.....:@) Love your drive and commitment in trying too get the numbers up for this tournament.. Might even give it a go on wedensday even although i,am worse at hold em than i,am at my game hi/lo
    Posted by churchy18