You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate bubbling

2»

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate bubbling:
    Course it matters and you do have FE with 10xBB. If someone opens like KJ with 18xBB, doesn't mean they want to call off more than 50% of their stack when a shorty shoves on the stone bubble risking being bubble boy so obv has a strong hand. Also, the bigger our stack is the more it improves your chances of going deep and so becomes more worth it. Like if you've got 4xBB, there's no point gambling the £114 just so you can double up to a stack that'll barely be any better and probably just mean you getting in a race/flip in the next orbit or two anyway. Whereas, say we have 20xBB, then we may take spots on the bubble where we can potentially bust but that's because the benefit of having a 40xBB can be massive and can really make a difference to going all the way. Going from 5xBB to 10xBB doesn't help us that much, so the risk is just the same, but the reward is much lower.
    Posted by Lambert180
    still cannot get my head around this comment

• edited December 2013
    i see what he means doesnt matter if i win n get 10 bbs  coz the cash jumps from 73rd to 30th aint that much so more then likely i will finish in 1 of thempositions if i win n ave 10 bigs so he saying folding to lock up to get the cash but i wanted to go ftw   i think alot of people would go all in in game
  • edited December 2013
    Exactly what Donk said. 

If we double we're not in great shape so we're still very likely to get one of the spots £114 - £140 ish. Except sometimes (like this time) we get £0

Other way round, we can fold to guarantee £114 which is likely to be the best we'll get even if we do double except this way we have virtually 0% chance of not cashing.

So both scenarios it's very likely we aint getting more than the £140 mark, but one scenario takes a big gamble we get £0, one doesn't.

Yes you can say tournaments can be won from 5xBB etc, and that's true but only by some SERIOUS rungood.

FWIW, I still think just on pure maths, if we did an ICM calc, we lose £££ by shoving.