You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2014 Leaderboard: Points Distribution...

2»

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard: Points Distribution...:
    1267 makes a very good point! It would mean the scoring system matches the actual payout system of an MTT exactly so no arguements about it being too top heavy or not top heavy enough, and monetary value doesn't make a difference if there is a seperate table for MEs and Minis. Also means there's automatic weighting for certain MTTs. i.e. it's more prestigious (imo) taking down the Primo than taking down Turbo Tuesday ME and that would be reflected in the payout.
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1

Also with alot of the mains being Bounty hunters, the points system doesn't reflect head prizes.
  • edited December 2013
    To be clear, i don't mean proffit.  I mean cashes. 

This will also make people play more mains if they are close to personal goals on the leaderboard making more rake for SKY .  Everyones a winner  (by everyone, i mean Sky, MATTBATES and TOMMYD ).
  • edited December 2013
    To be clear, i don't mean proffit.  I mean cashes.   This will also make people play more mains if they are close to personal goals on the leaderboard making more rake for SKY .  Everyones a winner  (by everyone, i mean Sky, MATTBATES and TOMMYD ).
    Posted by 1267
    I didn't really want this to be about money. Obviously, that is how it ultimately translates, but a points system simply looks cleaner. Someone who wins one Primo event in 2014 is not necessarily better than someone who wins one Turbo event, just because he is paid more for it. The Primo gets fewer runners for a start. One Main Event is - for the purposes of the leaderboard - equal to every other... unless you want to make the Sunday Main Event worth double the points?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard: Points Distribution... : I didn't really want this to be about money . Obviously, that is how it ultimately translates, but a points system simply looks cleaner. Someone who wins one Primo event in 2014 is not necessarily better than someone who wins one Turbo event, just because he is paid more for it. The Primo gets fewer runners for a start. One Main Event is - for the purposes of the leaderboard - equal to every other... unless you want to make the Sunday Main Event worth double the points?
    Posted by Slipwater
    I have to disagree with that as a general rule !

Plus every1 has the option to play both tournes .
  • edited December 2013

Everyone doesn't have the option to play both tournaments. The Primo costs a lot more and - despite the fact there are satellites - it is not accessible to players not rolled for it.

As I said, the Primo gets fewer participants, so there is an argument that way as well.

But, you know, if the majority want to make this about the money, I'm happy to go with it. But to be clear: I'd rather it was a points system.

• edited December 2013
    Could we not just do the leaderboard on cash won ?
    Posted by 1267
    That seems like a fairly efficient system!
  • edited December 2013
    I agree with you Brian also I would have thought it would be easier to collate and update a points based table rather than having to record every cash.
  • edited December 2013
    It just does not feel as much fun if we are basing this on the financials.

And besides, you could get more money from winning one Roller, than another guy who wins eight or nine Turbo Main Events. Is the Roller winner better? Perhaps. But my feeling is that the leaderboard should reward consistency, not one bink.
  • edited December 2013
    FlashFlush suggestions seems a good compromise imo. Counting cashes would be a nightmare, in every Bounty Hunter you'd have to go through the whole field.

This is your baby Slipwater, everybody has had ample opportunity to give feedback now. I suggest you just choose what you think is best and run with it.
  • edited December 2013
    What do points make.........................?

Prizes
  • edited December 2013
    if peeps want a more skewed distribution then doing it on some form of cash payout makes more sense than some arbitrary breakdown as used on other sites. but i don';t think that is what we are really looking for. The top cashers hardly need an extra prize from Sky, and there is always sharkie's leaderboard for their personal cash races.

so points make sense to me, easy to implement and understand, and gives someone who runs deep the chance to shine even if they don't manage to TID

• edited December 2013
    +1 for FlashFlush.

Also +1 for just keeping it a simple points based system. As Geldy says, we have scope for those who are battling it out money wise.
  • edited December 2013
    Well clearly people want 20 places paid, that's why JD and Ski's points have the most votes, so if you want the jumps to get bigger, how about this... Can't see anything wrng with it personally... 30 - 24 - 19 - 16 - 13 - 10 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 2 (11-20 receive 1 point) It starts off with 1 point jumps, then to 2. Once you reach the final table it goes up in 3's until you get to HU and the win...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    If people are still keen to do this for 2014, I'd like to discard the votes cast and go with this points system. It seems to take into account most of what has been said thus far :)
  • edited December 2013

This is fine mate tick this one off and you have a good xmas Bri.