You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2014 Leaderboard: Template

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
that cant be right says lambert has won 2 mtts

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Getting closer, folks, and I want to get this off the ground, so...

FlashFlush suggested a new points distribution in the Poll thread, based on some of the discussion and votes that have been cast:

30 - 24 - 19 - 16 - 13 - 10 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 2 (11-20 receive 1 point)

...and I have to say, I think this is the best one so far, so unless there are any serious objections (with valid reasons attached) I want to run with this one.

And what about this for a template? (Although the columns are centred on the spreadsheet, the data doesn't translate that way, so if anyone has any suggestions...)

Main Event  
    Position Players Points Wins Final Tables
    1 Slipwater 137 3 6
    2 TommyD 102 1 5
    3 MattBates 96 1 8
    4 yoyo 87 1 4
    5 peter27 79 0 4
    6 Lambert180 77 2 5
    7 VespaPX 69 0 2
    8 Larson7 68 0 3
    9 Diminuendo 61 0 4
    10 GaryQQQ 57 0 0
    11 hhyftrftdr 55 1 2
    12 gazza127 48 0 0
    13 GELDY 48 0 0
    14 Jac35 43 1 1
    15 F_Ivanovic 42 0 0
    16 craigcu12 35 0 0
    17 paige55 30 0 0
    18 Tikay10 22 0 2
    19 BorinLoner 11 0 0
    20 HITMAN_RV 9 0 0

Main Event Leaderboard
    1st = £110
    2nd = £33
    3rd = £11

Mini Leaderboard
    1st = £55
    2nd = £33
    3rd = £11

• edited December 2013
    Looks perfect to me.... if not slightly optimistic from yourself ;)
  • edited December 2013
    Some new names in there, are you sure that's not the list for players asking for "A PASSWORD"...
  • edited December 2013
    Looks good to me. I like that you have added a wins collumn as well, that's good IMO. I suppose in the very unlikely event it ends in a draw that could be used as a decider...
  • edited December 2013

Yep I agree with the scoring system and the template looks good

• edited December 2013
    Thanks guys. I am going to tinker about with it over the next few days to make it look... prettier. Any suggestions, I'm all ears.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard: Template:
    Thanks guys. I am going to tinker about with it over the next few days to make it look... prettier. Any suggestions, I'm all ears.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Apart from waller02 not being on the leaderboard there isn't much tinkering required imo
  • edited December 2013
    Looks great Slippy, will you be updating the top 20 daily and then post the top 100 weekly or something along those lines?

Good luck and thanks for doing this for the community. 
  • edited December 2013
    Why am I the highest placed player with zero wins ..

I would strongly suggest going on Prize Money won instead, after all, that is what we're playing for - why use anything different to what is already in place?
  • edited December 2013
    Looks very good. May I ask you add one more coloumn? Hopefully not too much work but the 2nd best thing about an MTT is reaching the final table so how about a Ft table coilumn? This will have the added benefit of seperating tied scores.
  • edited December 2013
    Top hole old chap!
  • edited December 2013
    Looks very good. May I ask you add one more coloumn? Hopefully not too much work but the 2nd best thing about an MTT is reaching the final table so how about a Ft table coilumn? This will have the added benefit of seperating tied scores.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Good idea - I have added it in, but the formatting of trying to delete the chart and paste over the top in the original post didn't agree with the white space beneath it.
  • edited December 2013
    Out of interest, I assume that while these are probably the only columns we'll actually see (and the only ones we need to see really), there are other hidden columns for you to enter player's finishing positions for each individual day so that you're not manually adding the latest score to the running total? And if so, have you got it set up to automatically re-order the names/totals into the correct order once you add in new figures?

I.E. so you'd have a column for every day of the year (hidden from what we see) and could just go to 5th Jan, enter the scores for who came top 20 and boom job done.

Just trying to make your life easier :)
  • edited December 2013
    Out of interest, I assume that while these are probably the only columns we'll actually see (and the only ones we need to see really), there are other hidden columns for you to enter player's finishing positions for each individual day so that you're not manually adding the latest score to the running total? And if so, have you got it set up to automatically re-order the names/totals into the correct order once you add in new figures? I.E. so you'd have a column for every day of the year (hidden from what we see) and could just go to 5th Jan, enter the scores for who came top 20 and boom job done. Just trying to make your life easier :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    No, not done this part of it yet. My Excel skills are not as great as my Word ones, but I'm learning... :)
  • edited December 2013
    Why am I the highest placed player with zero wins .. I would strongly suggest going on Prize Money won instead, after all, that is what we're playing for - why use anything different to what is already in place?
    Posted by peter27
    You could say the same for a lot of pursuits, but most of them have a ranking system, and few of those are based on money won.
  • edited December 2013
    I'm pretty new to all this forum stuff just browsing everywhere, the league table is it like a high roller? Wats the buy ins? And as il b the daddy on skypokerapp soon enough where can I learn about the comps u have kind regards
  • edited December 2013
    Excuse me if i'm being a little bit stupid but what is this leaderboard for?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard: Template : You could say the same for a lot of pursuits, but most of them have a ranking system, and few of those are based on money won.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Agreed, but why do we need an alternative system?

The phrase "why change something that is not broken" springs to mind.
  • edited December 2013
    Alternative to what, Peter? There is no 'leaderboard', as such, Sky Poker.
  • edited December 2013
    Alternative to what, Peter? There is no 'leaderboard', as such, Sky Poker.
    Posted by Slipwater
    True, but what is wrong with simply extrapolating the data from the tournaments i.e. the prize money and collating it into a leaderboard. Why do we need to convert positions into points at all?
  • edited December 2013
    I thought I addressed that point before, when I said most other pursuits have a ranking system, as opposed to 'who makes the most money'. A Rich List does not highlight consistency. The poker player who earns the most in live play each year has been - for a while now - whoever picks up the WSOP Main Event. Almost without exception they are far removed from the most consistent player on the circuit. They binked a major tournament. It is much simpler to skew the financials to show somethings which isn't necessarily true.
  • edited December 2013
    I thought I addressed that point before, when I said most other pursuits have a ranking system, as opposed to 'who makes the most money'. A Rich List does not highlight consistency. The poker player who earns the most in live play each year has been - for a while now - whoever picks up the WSOP Main Event. Almost without exception they are far removed from the most consistent player on the circuit. They binked a major tournament. It is much simpler to skew the financials to show somethings which isn't necessarily true.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Fair point that! I guess there is a difference between the two though. Is this leaderboard to measure skill (finishing positions) or success (what we're all playing for, money).
  • edited December 2013
    don`t believe you never put me in the top 20 m8 that hurts :)

nah thats looks great nice work from you and all contributed to the previous threads
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard: Template : Fair point that! I guess there is a difference between the two though. Is this leaderboard to measure skill (finishing positions) or success (what we're all playing for, money).
    Posted by peter27
    It's meant to be a bit of fun, in the first instance, Peter, but it does have the added bonus of being an arbitrary measure of skill. Try not to take it too seriously, mate :)

liamboi11 - I'm still hurt by your donations to Larson7 on the charity table ;)
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: 2014 Leaderboard: Template : It's meant to be a bit of fun, in the first instance, Peter, but it does have the added bonus of being an arbitrary measure of skill. Try not to take it too seriously, mate :)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Haha, perhaps you're right! I am a very competitive person by nature and can get carried away at times :p
  • edited December 2013
    All right kids, we're almost ready to go with this (on Wednesday). The prizes as offered by Sky for the month of January have been added to the opening post, and - after a couple of suggestions - I have decided to go with the distribution suggested by Solack, as this does seem the fairest way.

The only problem I am having is finding a way to devise a combined table (bragging rights only for topping this one, I'm afraid). Seeing as the leaderboards are top twenty, I was thinking players should only make the combined list if they hit the top twenty in the same night, but I can't think of a way to weight it.

Something like:

Win both - 30 points
    Win one; 20th in the other - 1 point

Thoughts?
  • edited December 2013
     I thought the plan was just to combine scores, so the maximum score for the combined is double what you could get in eithersingle, seems the easiest way
  • edited December 2013
    Great Work Brian!!

GL with this weds, TY & TY to Sky for Prizes!!
  • edited December 2013
     I thought the plan was just to combine scores, so the maximum score for the combined is double what you could get in eithersingle, seems the easiest way
    Posted by Lambert180
    Lol - er, yeah.... that is much simpler than my thoughts! :)
  • edited December 2013
    I think we should start on the points already allocated in the example leaderboard on the first post - for ease of course, not because I'm biased or anything ;-)