You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New PS4 promo!?!

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Fairplay one hell of a promotion from sky but only one thing wrong with it which i think many players will agree on.

There should most definate be stake brackets like before (lower ,middle , higher) tiers.

For those who play hours on end at below nl50 or around that area are still gunna really struggle and probly not make top20 let alone top10.

NL500,300,200 are running so much more frequent now so this promo is gunna consist mainly of the higher stakes players which is right in some aspects as they pay more rake to some degree.

I already have a ps4 and they are fantastic and personally i wouldnt mind another one in the household for a family member but there would be no point in putting in the hours at nl20/30 earning say 16k points which id say the player who finshes 10th im sure will have around the 30k points mark.

Anyone else agree?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hey Kidwiz!

Was thinking the same.

Not knocking it, great promo, the only thing is it doesn't realy cater for lower stake players.

It just seems to be aimed at high stake players.

Agree with Kidwiz, it would have been good if there was something for lower stake players as well.

At first thought it might have been tiered, but dosn't look like it.
  • edited December 2013
    Still in with a good shuot for finising 11th  - 50th though. I planned to put in some sick volume back at the cash tables in Jan so will be giving it a go, although not holding out any hopes cos it won't be easy.

FWIW, DTM only plays 20/30NL and he earns ALOT more than 16k every month, and dunno if he wants me to say the figure so I wont but he earned ALLLLOT more than 16k one month recently lol.
  • edited December 2013
    Hey mate!

Yea should have defo have added tiers for this promo.

What were trying to say lambert is that you got no hope of getitng in the top 10 unless your a high stakes player.

Yea DTM is one of the only who plays that low and earns so high because he 18 tables and plays most hours but besides him it doesnt cater for anyone else.

When it comes to the end of the leaderboard itself you will only mainly see those players from 200nl and up maybe 1 or 2 from nl100 in the top10.

Im just saying you aint getting in the top 10 unless you earn around 30k+points which will only apply to higher players.

Is a really great promo and nice of sky to change it up a bit but players already no its pointless goin for something that aint possible to achieve.
  • edited December 2013
    You can't really blame Sky as they want to reward the players who pay the most rake as it helps the business. I'd love a shot at this but I know 5-600 points a month would barely make the top 500 let alone top 50! No complaints from me though, the guys paying the most rake deserve it.
  • edited December 2013
    Yeah I don't believe it is a fair promotion at all, especially for us who mainly play MTT's but at the same time who can moan at something for nothing.
  • edited December 2013
    1. This promotion is open to all individuals aged 18 years and over who opt in with promo code: PS4 and have registered as customers of Sky Betting and Gaming (Sky Bet, Sky Poker, Sky Vegas and Sky Bingo). Sky Poker Priority Club members will not be able to participate in this promotion.

Should make it a lot easier, anyone else tried entering the code as it wont work for me, although i guess it will from tomorrow
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?!:
    1. This promotion is open to all individuals aged 18 years and over who opt in with promo code: PS4 and have registered as customers of Sky Betting and Gaming (Sky Bet, Sky Poker, Sky Vegas and Sky Bingo). Sky Poker Priority Club members will not be able to participate in this promotion. Should make it a lot easier, anyone else tried entering the code as it wont work for me, although i guess it will from tomorrow
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    the code worked for me ok, I didn't follow the link tho, I went into my account and put it in there
  • edited December 2013
    This sounds like it just became a sick promo if Prio members are not allowed to play. And it just got a lot better for me if that's the case :p

I'm not Prio now cos Dec I just played MTTs, but gonna be crushing the volume in Jan at cash. It let me enter the code today btw
  • edited December 2013
    Yea i just seen that which it does change alot of things!! , but im also slightly confused? lol

Im not priority but i made priority this month? i also entered the code which was accepted so but urghh where i stand on this lol.
  • edited December 2013
    I`m priority and it accepted the code confused
  • edited December 2013
    Just spoke to sky , 

Anyone who is priority or made priority in december are not eligable for this promotion as those who make the requirments in this promo will have there status checked,

So if you made priority in December your not eligable for this promo!

Wish i hadnt made it now lol
  • edited December 2013
    im in now what ?
  • edited December 2013

Not happy about this promo. I have grinded loads this month and made priority in the first 10 days. Now this promo comes along and sky priority players are not allowed to enter it which I think is wrong. If id of known this was gonna be the case I wouldn't of bothered grinding last month all seems a waste of my time and effort really.

• edited December 2013
    Not happy about this promo. I have grinded loads this month and made priority in the first 10 days. Now this promo comes along and sky priority players are not allowed to enter it which I think is wrong. If id of known this was gonna be the case I wouldn't of bothered grinding last month all seems a waste of my time and effort really.
    Posted by NAILS01197
    Lol - you can never please everyone, can you?
  • edited December 2013
    There's obviously going to be a promotion for priority players only, and it's likely to be much better than this 1.
  • edited December 2013
    Wooohoo! Was going to post something along the lines of "congrats DTM for winning a PS4" and just seen the thing about priority. My slackness for the last couple of months in not making priority will possibly pay off! Just need to put in a sick amount of volume next month now! :D
  • edited December 2013
    find it. strange also that it has accepted my code.
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by NAILS01197
    Yea to be honest id have stopped at 9,999 points if id new lol

Only bonus of priority is them 2 freerolls which is kinda not a big thing as your with alot of sky regs which dont help the cause!.

• edited December 2013
    Buy a ps4    work out cheaper maybe

there will be alot of time u cba to play poker and have to play  for this challenge and u cant win when ya not enjoying the game tired etc

12 hrs a day for a month no thanks
  • edited December 2013
    Hey donk think your missing the point lol

Basically what nails means is grinding all last month was pointless which i agree because i did just the same.

If i knew about this promo last month id have went full out in january with a much bigger chance of a reward and a ps4 console if i got that far so it wouldnt work out cheaper.

Buying a ps4 isnt cheaper when they cost around the £400 mark when instead could have just grinded this month and got one for free.

If i could choose between priority and this promo id most certainly go for this promo.

Priority only benfits really high grinders and achive it after 3+months with the exception of the Main and Mini which only benefit you if you actually make the cash eg.
  • edited December 2013
    spot on kidwiz
  • edited December 2013
    Anyone who was trying to make priority this month and made it, to then say it was pointless because of a potential free console, makes me sigh inside. Be happy that you met your target of making priority. 

I have no chance of binking a PS4, don't have the time to put in the volume, but I thank Sky for this promo and wish everyone all the best in attempting to secure a new console. 

You can't please everyone, Sky!
  • edited December 2013
    Why is grinding 'pointless'? You didn't know there was going to be a promotion, so you didn't do it for that reason.
  • edited December 2013
    Surely if you're putting in that sort of volume, you should be thinking more of making the £300 in profits from the game rather than stopping just you get a change of winning one in a promo?
  • edited December 2013
    Why is grinding 'pointless'? You didn't know there was going to be a promotion, so you didn't do it for that reason.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Exactly.
  • edited December 2013
    Only reason i put in the volume i did this month was due to the double points.
    Made priority in the first 8 days pretty much and then stopped when i reached 18k as there was no need to carry on.

Its not hard to achieve priority every month but the rewards im saying is not worth the hours you have to put in to achieve this.

As i already pointed out only those who make say 30k+ points 3+months on its really worth it then.

When sky offer certain promos thats when alot of players will make the effort to put in lots of hours.
    Like this promo would have gave alot of players the incentive to grind.

I play mainly 20/30NL so putting the hours in to get a ps4 would have been a big reward next to a nice cash return.

If you play high stakes on cash then obviously this promo wouldnt make you go out your way to play for it.

But sein as this promo is for "non priority" players it doesnt give those who made priority last month any reason to grind out alot this month.
  • edited December 2013
    +1 FCHD.

Grinding Dec wouldn't have been pointless anyway. You got 2 options....

Grind Dec + Jan, get £300 C4P both months = £600

Grind just Jan, get £300 + PS4 (or £300 cash) = £600 ish.

Except the 2nd way round, you do half as much volume so if you're a winning player, make half as much profit (which is the main thing).

I don't get this thing people always say that Priority benefits only the high grinders, it benefits literally every single player that gets it, just like ALL Sky Rewards benefit every single player that gets it. Granted there isn't a huge jump in cash to make Priority but the 'benefit' of Priority is getting £250 or whatever every month. Obv there's 2 freerolls which are GREAT value having like £400 ftw and £800 ftw considering only about 40 people play them. Then Prio run every promos EVERY single month just for Prio members. 

As Dohhhh said, if this promo is for non Prio members, then there's bound to be a BIG Jan promo that only Prio members will get. In fact, I know there is cos I got the email abuot it in Dec cos I was Prio in Nov. And there's a load of UKOPS packages worth £1.5k EACH up for grabs (a lot more value than the PS4 bundle!)
  • edited December 2013
    The 3+ month thing doesn't exist anymore btw. Someone who gets 30k in month 1 gets exactly the same as someone who has got 30k for the last 20 months in a row.

Personally, I think it's a great idea. Obv it'd suck if you just made Prio last month but the target audience is perfect imo, you as good as said that yourself in the OP. If this was open to all, the top 10 would be people that don't do the slightest thing different from their normal grind so Sky get nothing extra cos the lower down players don't even bother trying and the higher players carry on as normal.

This way round, every single non Prio player knows that for once, they have a chance of winning a rakerace when they normally wouldn't have a hope in hell. So all the people that don't usually make Prio might go out of there way to do and so play more (Sky = happy) and the big grinders will just carry on as normal.
  • edited December 2013

I generally play low stakes MTT's and sit'n'go's so this promo isn't something that I would ever qualify for, but no complaint as those who put in both the hours and risk their BR get the recognition.

Just as a suggestion though, could Sky run a low stakes tourney where instead of a guaranteed prize fund they put up prizes instead, that way anyone who wants to enter can irrespective of the games they play?  

• edited December 2013
    Judging by the look of the promo page, they're gonna announce people points throughout the month too which is very good imo, keeps the competition going knowing what you have to do to catch someone. Just hope 

1) They're updated correctly
    2) People can't enter the code on the last day rendering the league table pointless.