You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New PS4 promo!?!

Comments

• edited December 2013
    We already have 2 PS4's and 1 XBOXONE in our house lol. How about matching othe rsites promos? Like the £10'000 promo on the 8's site. A PS4 lol, that thing only costs £350.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?!:
    We already have 2 PS4's and 1 XBOXONE in our house lol. How about matching othe rsites promos? Like the £10'000 promo on the 8's site. A PS4 lol, that thing only costs £350.
    Posted by Dani_chik
    Tbf, it costs more than £350 for the whole bundle, console, game, camera and extra controller. Depends on what hard drive size they're giving but you're probably looking at more like £450 and considering they're giving away 16, that's £7.2k... considering it's completely FREE to try to win... it's hardly a bad promo.
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by Dani_chik
    Happy new year.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : Tbf, it costs more than £350 for the whole bundle, console, game, camera and extra controller. Depends on what hard drive size they're giving but you're probably looking at more like £450 and considering they're giving away 16, that's £7.2k... considering it's completely FREE to try to win... it's hardly a bad promo.
    Posted by Lambert180
    But surely if you wanted a PS4 you just would of gone and bought one? PS4 is a very very weak promotion for a poker site? The new year freeroll I'm currently playing already has me a $290 cash, and I suspect I'm going to go a lot further.

Although Lamert, having seen your video with the purple milk (the cheapest) and tesco own brand cereals...I suspect your "emma" was screaming inside ....SCR3W THE POKER GET A F**K1NG JOB" LOL. I guess in your eyes a PS4 is an amazing unafordable prize lol.

Poker is fun. but watching your family struggle because of it must be horrible.
  • edited December 2013
    I can actually feel the repot buttons being hit, report report report, text text, twitter twitter twitter.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : But surely if you wanted a PS4 you just would of gone and bought one? PS4 is a very very weak promotion for a poker site? The new year freeroll I'm currently playing already has me a $290 cash, and I suspect I'm going to go a lot further. Although Lamert, having seen your video with the purple milk (the cheapest) and tesco own brand cereals...I suspect your "emma" was screaming inside ....SCR3W THE POKER GET A F**K1NG JOB" LOL. I guess in your eyes a PS4 is an amazing unafordable prize lol. Poker is fun. but watching your family struggle because of it must be horrible.
    Posted by Dani_chik
    GG.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : But surely if you wanted a PS4 you just would of gone and bought one? PS4 is a very very weak promotion for a poker site? The new year freeroll I'm currently playing already has me a $290 cash, and I suspect I'm going to go a lot further. Although Lamert, having seen your video with the purple milk (the cheapest) and tesco own brand cereals...I suspect your "emma" was screaming inside ....SCR3W THE POKER GET A F**K1NG JOB" LOL. I guess in your eyes a PS4 is an amazing unafordable prize lol. Poker is fun. but watching your family struggle because of it must be horrible.
    Posted by Dani_chik
    Think you missed the point of the video, it was a charity appeal after all.... ! :P

Showing him eating Lobster and supping Champagne would be 'off-message'.

Blue milk ftw.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : Think you missed the point of the video, it was a charity appeal after all.... ! :P Showing him eating Lobster and supping Champagne would be 'off-message'. Blue milk ftw.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is fine but do you know why the purple milk is so cheap? If you don't I can only advise you NEVER drink it,If you must then for god sake, DO NOT GIVE IT YOUR KIDS!!!
  • edited December 2013
    haha, no idea.

I didn't even know there was purple milk.

I've drunk blue and green (white water), and I've seen red.

Never purple tho.

Educate me Dani chik !
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by Dani_chik

Technically it costs more to take the fat out.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : Technically it costs more to take the fat out.
    Posted by Epoker

Oh dear, lol the RED top is Skimmed (fat taken out) Green is Semi skimmed (some fat taken out) Blue is full fat. Purple is simply cheap NASTY NASTY NASTY, Just trust me.

Its cheaper than the rest for a reason.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : Oh dear, lol the RED top is Skimmed (fat taken out) Green is Semi skimmed (some fat taken out) Blue is full fat. Purple is simply cheap NASTY NASTY NASTY, Just trust me. Its cheaper than the rest for a reason.
    Posted by Dani_chik
    Purple is Tesco's discount brand. They do semi and whole, (the darker purple being whole and the lighter being semi). Their discount brand's milk suppliers are cheaper hense the cheaper price compared to Tesco's own milk from "Tesco's own cows" if you will.

People turn their noses up at the words "discount brand" and automatically think there's something inferior about it. If you do your research you'll realise the assumption is incorrect.

Trust me ;)

P.S. I buy Tesco's own Bran Flakes because 1. It's way cheaper and 2. It has less than half the sugar compared to the "branded" cereal which has the same amount of sugar as a lot of the sugary children's cereals. I know what I'd rather give to my kids.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : Purple is Tesco's discount brand. They do semi and whole, (the darker purple being whole and the lighter being semi). Their discount brand's milk suppliers are cheaper hense the cheaper price compared to Tesco's own milk from "Tesco's own cows" if you will. People turn their noses up at the words "discount brand" and automatically think there's something inferior about it. If you do your research you'll realise the assumption is incorrect. Trust me ;)
    Posted by Llamas
    No trust me, I know someone who works at the CIS lab in Telford, Stafford park 1. Do NOT drink that milk. WINK all you want. Actually, drink it all you want. I will NEVER drink it.
  • edited December 2013
    Complete baloney. Next you'll say it's horse milk!

It's not British milk that's all, the extra 50p you'd spend on british milk goes to the farmer.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : No trust me, I know someone who works at the CIS lab in Telford, Stafford park 1. Do NOT drink that milk. WINK all you want. Actually, drink it all you want. I will NEVER drink it.
    Posted by Dani_chik
    Have you been drinking something else tonight wink wink
  • edited December 2013
    Complete baloney. Next you'll say it's horse milk! It's not British milk that's all, the extra 50p you'd spend on british milk goes to the farmer.
    Posted by Llamas
    Lol, like I said, enjoy youur choice of milk, I will enjoy mine. Lets all be happy eh. An keep feeding your kids own brand branflakes.
  • edited December 2013
    Complete baloney. Next you'll say it's horse milk! It's not British milk that's all, the extra 50p you'd spend on british milk goes to the farmer.
    Posted by Llamas
    All I said was don't drink it, who said anything about horses? Are you high lol?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : Have you been drinking something else tonight wink wink
    Posted by stuarty117
    I live in Telford, Skypoker can confim this, they test milk in Telford. I know someone who works at CIS, I kinda wish I didn't say anything. But people....I WOULD NEVER GIVE MY KIDS THE PURPLE MILK. Thats all I'm saying.
  • edited December 2013
    Ok so they test it annnddd.. just bin the results?

Kinda wish you didn't say anything? You're obviously dying to tell me something like my kids are going to grow extra limbs and start mooing around the garden. Not sure why you're being so coy.
  • edited December 2013
    Ok so they test it annnddd.. just bin the results? Kinda wish you didn't say anything? You're obviously dying to tell me something like my kids are going to grow extra limbs and start mooing around the garden. Not sure why you're being so coy.
    Posted by Llamas
    Hey, I hope you and your kids enjoy purple milk, I also hope the fact they have to drink purple milk is not because you waste money on gambling sites. Surely you can afford the extra 50p?
  • edited December 2013
    Judging by the look of the promo page, they're gonna announce people points throughout the month too which is very good imo, keeps the competition going knowing what you have to do to catch someone. Just hope  1) They're updated correctly 2) People can't enter the code on the last day rendering the league table pointless.
    Posted by Lambert180
    they can enter code when they want so the table wont be true until the final table
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by Dani_chik
    Poker is fun?
    Yet you decide to disrespect somebody on a poker forum about what THEY decide to eat or drink and that has nothing to do with the topic whatsoever just because they expressed their opinion and it differed to yours?
    Happy new year to you too
  • edited December 2013
    No we're just super scrimpers. In buying discount milk and non branded cereal we save £110 a year and 182g of sugar.

Mmm yummy purple milk!
  • edited December 2013
    No we're just super scrimpers. In buying discount milk and non branded cereal we save £110 a year and 182g of sugar. Mmm yummy purple milk!
    Posted by Llamas

Enjoy it.
  • edited December 2013
    think u been on the blue skittles let alone purple milk
  • edited December 2013
    How on earth does a PS4 promo debate lead to an argument over milk and cereal!!! This forum never ceases to amaze me........used to be a happy place!

Btw.....XBOX ftw!
  • edited January 2014
    I can actually feel the repot buttons being hit, report report report, text text, twitter twitter twitter.
    Posted by Dani_chik
    Nah didn't happen.

Very sorry.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: New PS4 promo!?! : Nah didn't happen. Very sorry.
    Posted by TommyD
    I tried but I'm not on twitter :(
  • edited January 2014
    No we're just super scrimpers. In buying discount milk and non branded cereal we save £110 a year and 182g of sugar. Mmm yummy purple milk!
    Posted by Llamas
    if im on your table i,ll give u my money no cheating :@) have a gd new year :@)
  • edited January 2014
    Well, skipping over the curious case of the milk troll, an event I didn't see ever coming to be fair, this promo and the response has been interesting.

I'll admit it, I was excited when I saw the promo then snap deflated when I saw Priority members were excluded.  But if I roll back my expectations twelve hours then I'm where I was so no biggie.  I do however think the opening line of the promo on the promo page is misleading, where it says 'all' players.  That should be changed.  I entered the code, it was accepted but clearly now I am not eligible.

To be honest I don't get why Priority Members are excluded, it doesn't actually make too much sense to me.  Had this promo been marketed as such well in advance of the month then it would have made perfect sense.  Hey what do I know, maybe every single lapsed account has been sent an email and maybe a tone of new and returning players are really pumped and looking forward to this.  Good luck to them and everyone else going for this.  Should be a great race.