You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Win a Playstation4

2»

Comments

• edited January 2014
    someone has to pay for these promo's if you cant afford to play in them and reach this level then dont enter them
    But clinton has made a very good suggestion for these silly outbreaks of constant moans
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Win a Playstation4:
    I think a fair way to do it and the best way would be to set a points target for everyone... So say the target was 1500 points and no matter what level you play at or for how much if you reach 1500 points you all go into a free role and X amount of PS4's are available to win! I think you would get a lot more people taking part in that because me and a lot of people on here are never going to finish anywhere is this leader board table so its pointless for me and others to even bothering to take part but if you gave me a set goal/target to try and reach id give it a good go...   Last month I played a lot of poker and only got 1100 points playing 2/4p cash... and some of them points were in double point weeks. So like I say if you said the target was 1500 id give it a good go at reaching that target and play more poker but trying to play more to finish above people in a table is pointless. I think its down to, and im not slagging Sky off because I love you guys xxx but I feel your not bothered about the little guys like me playing 2/4p... Its about getting the higher to play more poker!
    Posted by ClintonH83
    Hi Clinton.

You make some fair points there (imo), but I am not sure the last one is fair, or correct.

Sure, many Promos are more suited to those who play bigger - that seems natural, really, surely? - but many Promos equally apply to every single player, or almost so.

Early Bird

Happy Hours

Double Points Weeks

Double Points Weekends.....

To name but 4.

It's quite an ask, though, for every single Promo to be all things to all people, & I doubt they'd even try, it is simply not possible. Imagine if every Promo was for the "smaller" players, the Big Boys would be a bit miffed then!

Anyway, there are fresh Promos every month now, & hopefully some will be right up your street.

PS - LOVE your shops, they are the best.  

• edited January 2014
    hahahaha I like the picture Tikay... Makes a change from the usual Bill or Hilary ;)

I wasn't really having a go at Sky Poker I was just saying I think most things are aimed at higher level playing players more than myself... But like you say that is probably natural and in truth fair.

I just think most proms would be better if there was a single set target each month for everyone to aim for... (imo)
  • edited January 2014
    Oh I spoke to soon! There is Bill haha Nice Mum..
  • edited January 2014
    It is possible to make a promo that every single person has a chance to win, but it'd be a nightmare.

Players who have achieved between 300 and 500 points on sky poker 3 or more months out of the last 6, but never gone above 1k, can fight it out in a 'points off' for  a £25 reward bonus.

There would be 10's, mabe 100's of different categories.

They'd all have to be extremely specific though and the prizes all relative to targets/stakes.

Stop arguing over a toy anyway, xmas is gone so u can't even use the 'it'd be a good present for my nephew' excuse :P

#PSBoreZZZ
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Win a Playstation4 : Yup, fair comment. Most players here by now will have detected the pattern. Every month - every month - Sky Poker come up with a different range of Promos. None of them suit everybody, some of them suit some, a few of them suit everyone. Some are really good, some not so much. Personally, I simply don't understand why that is so difficult to grasp.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Interesting comment Tikay?

This promo is obviously not for the recreational players (sorry TommyD), and as I have no chance, I won't be attempting it.

No worries, there will be another that does suit me soon enough.

In the meantime, good luck to those taking part and.............

May the 4s be with you.   (sorry)

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Win a Playstation4 : Hi Ma, I'll pass that note upstairs in case they miss it. I don't think the thread was ever in danger of being closed, & whilst you were clearly having a bit of a mini-strop, you were not rude or ill-mannered. As you say, feedback & criticism is VERY important. Hope you run good in 2014 & beyond.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Many thanks for that TK . I`ve had threads closed before due to circumstances beyond mutual agreement which have been amicably settled. I was actually having what was for me a major strop and toys out of the pram. Just started playing live poker in my local and doing quite well thanks to all the info on TV and online. Being hosted by a rival company so will take the cash get to the finals and re-invest on a proper poker site.

Very best regards

Mark