You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread****

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Hope you had a good New Year celebration Anna. I assume going to the gym a few times is one of your resolutions, eh? ;)

The best piece of poker advice ever given to me is never to play a game beyond your means. Poker is meant to be fun, and if you're constantly worried about the money you have laid out to enter a tournament or to sit down at a cash table, then you ain't gonna be enjoying it as you should.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    It's the first show of 2014!!!

Happy New Year everyone, I hope this year will bring you good health, good fortune and lots of lucky river cards!!

Tonight's show is mainly  about CASH!!!

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – Final table from the 20k UKOPS 4 Bounty Hunter

8pm-9pm
     – Top of the Pots – Top 10 biggest pots of the week from the Master Cash tables

9pm-10pm – Master Cash – Live Master Cash action

10pm-11pm – Master Cash – Live Master Cash action

11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights  – Highlights from the late stages of the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter

As we are starting a new year in SkyPoker, and we are expecting lots of new names on the site, let's go back to basics..

'The best piece of poker advice ever given to me was.....'

Complete the sentance to win yourself a prize on the show tonight..

Any questions, hand IDs or banter post it on here or drop us an email please..

skyopen@bskyb.com

#skypokertv

see you all later,

A&R

xxx

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread****:
    Hope you had a good New Year celebration Anna. I assume going to the gym a few times is one of your resolutions, eh? ;) The best piece of poker advice ever given to me is never to play a game beyond your means. Poker is meant to be fun, and if you're constantly worried about the money you have laid out to enter a tournament or to sit down at a cash table, then you ain't gonna be enjoying it as you should.
    Posted by Slipwater
    LOL!  I have indeed been in the gym twice, and have since spent my time lying down!!!  everything hurts!!
  • edited January 2014

Have a great show Anna & Ryan, Happy New Year

When i 1st joined sky poker & was learning the basics, Tikay said stick to Deepstacks to start off with, & as a result Forum DTD was Born, Haven't looked back since.

Michael
  • edited January 2014
    Dont ever think you have got the game beat, the next downswing is just around the corner....keep learning.
  • edited January 2014
    The best piece of poker advice given to me is to ignore the hands you see being played on the tv poker shows.  You see them in a vacuum and they normally have a very percific 4 betting J2 off from the sb and it is best if you don't.

Best of luck to all 6 people in the final of the truth or bluff competition.  I must admit I am nervous just incase I win and the beard has to go!

Run well everyone and have fun
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread****:
    Best of luck to all 6 people in the final of the truth or bluff competition.  I must admit I am nervous just incase I win and the beard has to go!
    Posted by cenachav
    To be honest, mate, it's getting pretty grey now. Time to let it go.
  • edited January 2014
    Happy New Year Anna and Ryan!

The best poker advice given to me when I started was:

"Patience,Discipline and Bank Control.
      Go with your gut feeling in difficult moments.
       Enjoy the game,be aggressive if you have too.
       Very important "Do not be bullied"
        Read as many books as you can,as there are many strategies you can use,they do not work all the time,but help you gain experience.
    Above all ,watch Sky Poker whenever you can,know your enemy!
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Anna and Rylan (sic)

Hope you both had a great Christmas and New Year and congratulations to Ryan on a great performance over in Prague recently.

The best piece of poker advice ever given to me was.....

Just because something is incredibly unlikely to happen, it doesn't mean it won't happen.

*In actual fact..... it means exactly the opposite, on a long enough time line, it absolutely will definitely happen.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread**** : To be honest, mate, it's getting pretty grey now. Time to let it go.
    Posted by Slipwater
    It's been a bit grey since I started growing it!  I wonder what I will find under there if I do shave, a third fist like Chuck Norris has?  Lord Lucan?  The Concert by Johannes Vermeer? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Concert_(Vermeer)

Only one way to find out!  Vote me as I'm not bluffing!
  • edited January 2014
    Thank you very much for your posts so far, and while we are at it, thank you so much for all your input into the show in the last year!  You help make the show what is is with your contributions, #muchlove
  • edited January 2014
    Happy new year Ryan and Anna. 

The best Piece of poker advice ever given too me.... Put the hours and effort in. 

And im working on doing just that. 

Will join you later on in the show tonight, as you clash with the footie. 
  • edited January 2014
    Will join you later on in the show tonight, as you clash with the footie. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    For what it's worth, Anna: I would much rather watch you. I will be here at seven, on the button. The Don should be ashamed of himself.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread**** : For what it's worth, Anna: I would much rather watch you. I will be here at seven, on the button. The Don should be ashamed of himself.
    Posted by Slipwater
    I am, but its the mighty Glasgow Rangers, on the 43rd anniversary of the darkest day in the clubs history. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread**** : For what it's worth, Anna: I would much rather watch you. I will be here at seven, on the button. The Don should be ashamed of himself.
    Posted by Slipwater

I would tune it at 6pm just to make sure i dont miss a second of Anna but the trouble is it also means looking at Ryan for 5 hours aswell !  :)

Have a great show guys

Kev
  • edited January 2014
    Is Aces Trumper on the show tonight?  It says so on the ticker :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread****:
    It's the first show of 2014!!! Happy New Year everyone, I hope this year will bring you good health, good fortune and lots of lucky river cards!! Tonight's show is mainly  about CASH !!! 7pm-8pm  – Tonight on Sky Poker – Final table from the 20k UKOPS 4 Bounty Hunter 8pm-9pm  – Top of the Pots – Top 10 biggest pots of the week from the Master Cash tables 9pm-10pm  – Master Cash – Live Master Cash action 10pm-11pm  – Master Cash – Live Master Cash action 11pm-12pm  – Sky Poker Highlights  – Highlights from the late stages of the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter As we are starting a new year in SkyPoker, and we are expecting lots of new names on the site, let's go back to basics.. 'The best piece of poker advice ever given to me was.....' Complete the sentance to win yourself a prize on the show tonight.. Any questions, hand IDs or banter post it on here or drop us an email please.. skyopen@bskyb.com #skypokertv see you all later, A&R xxx
    Posted by MissFowler
    Happy new year all and sorry for the other night Anna.
    The best bit of poker advice I got was " Varience is a part of poker, the more bad beats you get, the better you are playing, as you got it in with the best hand. All you can do is play well so be pleased at that rather than tilt."
    Sir-Gary
  • edited January 2014
    Have a good show guys oh an happy new year 

Best piece of poker advice well there's 2 really 

Get Caught Bluffing

Don't be afraid to bluff and get caught. When you turn over a junk hand the opponent will be caught off guard unless they predicted the bluff. Getting caught will give them the hint that you're reckless while making your play unpredictable.

Be Patient

All forms of poker, especially online poker, require a heavy amount of patience. There are going to be times when it seems like you have a strong hand every 2 minutes. At the same time, there are going to be stretches when it seems like you haven't had a good hand in hours. The averages will balance out. Develop true patience and your poker game will drastically improve
  • edited January 2014
    [QUOTE]Is Aces Trumper on the show tonight?  It says so on the ticker :)
    Posted by cenachav

Sadly not, we heard yesterday he had the 'flu. Man-flu, obv, the very worst kind.

His Guest appearance will have to be re-scheduled.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread**** : [QUOTE ]Is Aces Trumper on the show tonight?  It says so on the ticker :) Posted by cenachav
    Sadly not, we heard yesterday he had the 'flu. Man-flu, obv, the very worst kind. His Guest appearance will have to be re-scheduled.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hope he gets better soon.  Man flu is so much worse then bird flu so I've heard :)
  • edited January 2014
    Good evening Anna and Ryan.
    Well done on yor recent cashes Ryan and Anna (UKOPS AND £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK).
    But Mr Orford has done one better than you Anna, but you have the looks and the brains.
    If available it would be an honour for you or Mr Spittles to join in the tournament when you have a free afternoon.
    All the best.
    Rainman397   
  • edited January 2014
    Best piece of poker advice I ever heard/read was:

"Rather than feeling like you're the better player, prove it!!"

Think it's just a great way to approach the game. A close second is:

"You can't control the cards you can only control how you play"
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread**** : [QUOTE ]Is Aces Trumper on the show tonight?  It says so on the ticker :) Posted by cenachav
    Sadly not, we heard yesterday he had the 'flu. Man-flu, obv, the very worst kind. His Guest appearance will have to be re-scheduled.
    Posted by Tikay10

Every time I get man-flu, the misses reminds me "it's not the same as giving birth", I disagree the day after drinking Guinness! lol 
  • edited January 2014
    The best piece of poker advice ever given to me was.....'
    "If you ever have to choose between the Girlfriend and a game of poker,
    always choose the girlfriend!
    You can always find a game of poker!
    Finding someone who puts up with you, is as rare as hens teeth!!!
  • edited January 2014

Happy New year Anna / Ryan, the rest of the sky team and the whole sky poker community!!!

'The best piece of poker advice ever given to me was.....'   Don't listen to Rich Orford or you will get worse and not better!!

On a more serious note, best advice " Bank roll management, playing position, watch poker videos, read books, and never stop learning and developing"

Watching the show until midnight and playing the usual cash, main and mini events.

Good luck all!!

Chris :)

• edited January 2014
    Someone once told me that Scotty77,TommyD & Coxylboro ALWAYS 3 bet VERY VERY light!  Turns out they were right!  ;-)    
    Have a good show guys!
  • edited January 2014

hi anna, ryan,

anna, with all your chat about losing hands on the low stakes tables, are we hearing the patter of little tiny beats?

have a good show

• edited January 2014

Good evening Anna and Bryan.

You're not as tubby as I'd heard, Anna.

"The best piece of poker advice ever given to me was..."

If you only ever get your money all-in with the best hand, you're definitely playing badly.

• edited January 2014
    hi anna, ryan, anna, with all your chat about losing hands on the low stakes tables, are we hearing the patter of little tiny beats? have a good show  
    Posted by aussie09
    "Christmas weight" is definitely a smokescreen. No doubt.
  • edited January 2014
    the best piece of poker advice i was ever given,do not play :):):):) and a happy new year xxx
  • edited January 2014
    THE BEST PIECE OF POKER ADVICE EVER GIVEN TO ME Was, don't worry about the leader board early on in a tornament,
    it's the one with the most chips at the end that matters.

And Anna,..quote... LOL!  I have indeed been in the gym twice, and have since spent my time lying down!!!  everything hurts!!.... so it should for a newly wed...