You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread****

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Evening Anna and Ryan

Happy New Year to you and all playing on SKY POKER.

I satellited in to the ME today so hoping to run well and will make sure I register for the mini!

Advice given to me (lots from watching sky poker TV):

1. always think about what you are beating when betting post flop
    2. Never stake more than you can afford to loose
    3. Chips lost are worth more than chips won (especially when  in early stages of MTT tournaments)
    4. Have fun!

Have a great show

Richard
    Miragerich
  • edited January 2014

The best piece of poker advice given to me was " play snap yer better at it"  Sighhhh

• edited January 2014
    hi their happy new year to all sky poker

'The best piece of poker advice ever given to me was.....'

accept the bad beats as them bad hands are what we want in the long run. Don't give opponents cheap cards, but also keep the bet sizing where the weaker hands call. finally poker is only about luck short term long term it's down to skill and making the right decisions.

nice show.
  • edited January 2014
    The best piece of poker advice ever given to me was ... to always respect other players at the table and act with a little dignity. Everybody has bad beats from time to time, and occasionally some players will react by being abusive to the person who beat them. This is totally wrong and it really annoys me. If another player gets lucky against you, just accept that luck is a part of poker and move on!

Great show guys, keep up the good work! Anna, I have been a little harsh on you lately about a specific topic (always in jest of course) and I could continue that; for example: Anna is presenting today, they must be using the widescreen camera lens so we can see her properly! However, I'm not going to do that as you are looking delightful this evening. Without sounding too camp, I love what you've done with your hair :-)
  • edited January 2014
    Ryans got a girlfriend!
  • edited January 2014
    k i s s i n...........
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread****:
    Without sounding too camp, I love what you've done with your hair :-)
    Posted by peter27
    I am afraid, Peter, you cannot say that without 'sounding too camp' ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Rylan Spittles Ch861 7pm ***official show thread****:
    Without sounding too camp, I love what you've done with your hair :-)
    Posted by peter27
    Camper then a scout jamboree!
  • edited January 2014
    The best piece of poker advice given to me was" if you loose to a bad beat don't tilt , remember all the times you dealt out a bad beat, most people don't remember the bad beats they have given out,   HAPPY NEW YEAR  ANNA AND RYLAN. 
  • edited January 2014
    hey anna and ryan great show 

The best piece of poker advice ever given to me was never give your chips away like sweeties :)

because when i first started playing poker i was playing every hand and losing as i didnt know what i was doing.

The don gave me this advice and now that im listening to him i feel im a better player than him lol 

lol_i_call aka mel :)
  • edited January 2014

@Peter as Camp as Christmas!

Hey Anna and Ryan!

Anna, what can i say, total legend!

Best poker advice ever given:

Don't just think about your hand, but the hand your opponent can have, don't get to attached to big pocket pairs, at the end of the day it's just a pair. Also look over hands to see what went well or not so well, going over hand histories in places like the poker clinic to get advice from other players as well.

Great show!

• edited January 2014
    Oooh, not the dolls head!

The sound went down on my stream at that point, so I just suddenly saw Ryan hold up a head to the camera with no context, it was terrifying!
  • edited January 2014
    Oooh, not the dolls head! The sound went down on my stream at that point, so I just suddenly saw Ryan hold up a head to the camera with no context, it was terrifying!
    Posted by peter27
     Scarey:|
  • edited January 2014
    I am afraid, Peter, you cannot say that without 'sounding too camp' ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Camper then a scout jamboree!
    Posted by cenachav
    @Peter as Camp as Christmas!
    Posted by LARSON7
    Oh dear, what have I started haha :/
  • edited January 2014
    Lucky enough to satellite into the main event tonight!(£3.30)

Doing reasonably well in both main and mini!
  • edited January 2014

happy new year to you both

the best poker advice i have ever been given is

"just because they look nice it doesnt mean you are winning"

• edited January 2014
    Is he real or is he fake can he swim the ice cold lake.  Is he real or is he fake was he the one who stole my piece of cake.  Is he real or is he fake was he the one who stood on the garden rake.  Is he real or is he fake was he the one who was on the make. Is he real or is he fake was he the one on a tea break. 

Wishing everyone on Sky Poker Good luck Good health and Happiness for the New Year.
  • edited January 2014
    RE: my overshove in JQ vs KJ hand, ACGeordie is my real life pal as well and after beating me HU recently he advised me to be more aggressive! He was all out for my stack and minraise-calling a lot.

Please can you show the hand below as well, for balance!   ;)

Hand History #727576644 (20:12 02/01/2014) mastercash 31

• edited January 2014
    I bubbled the final table I think, you can soon check
    Sir- Gary
  • edited January 2014
    Back watching we won 1-0 game finnished at 7:20pm so been with you most of the night. 

Hand request from Mastercash 24.

Want to look almost specifically at my river call. Opponent has been active and barreling but hasn't got to many showdowns. Don't think he has many Qx holdings, but how often is he value betting better? 
  • edited January 2014
    Anna, did you see Anderson Silva's leg? Ouch!
  • edited January 2014
    Strange request.  Could you please tell my girls, Sienna and Jasmine to go to sleep please.  We are watching you to try and get them to sleep and it isn't working!  All I've got so far is "Daddy, red is your favourite colour.  That lady is wearing red" and "Daddy, why are that mans teeth so white?"  Many thanks

HHYFTRFTDR is Klingon for Harry.  Fact
  • edited January 2014
    Evening the lovely Anna and Ryan!

The best piece of poker advice that I have been given is to play online like somebody I respect is watching over my shoulder.

I play so much better when someone is lurking behind my shoulder so I should play the same when I'm alone!

All the best x
  • edited January 2014
    Best Advice: When someone calls your five bet shove with K2 & sucks out, just tap the table & say "Nice Hand."

Best Advice for SKY Presenters: Pre read Forum Posts (JK off & all that) ;)
  • edited January 2014

10:46 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 553 707 211 38  
    left 28 60 3    

hmoo 6 21      
    MacMonster 14 14      
    Sir-Gary 18 16      

• edited January 2014
    Good evening Anna and Ryan

The best bit of poker advice I have been given is read the books watch the videos watch the TV poker shows and listen to the advice from the experts. Then play the game and learn from your mistakes because all new players will make them regardless of anything you have read, seen or heard.

All the best for 2014 to one and all.

Ray
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Anna and Ryan, enjoying the show. Question for eitherof you

. If in a dym 5 players go all in first hand and there is one winner do you know which 3 players cash? I played one recently and 4 players went all in so it was straight forward as to which 3 cashed (the winner of the pot and the two that didnt play the hand).

thanks
    Ger

ps ignore this if you think its not relevant as I know its not poker advice!

• edited January 2014

11:12 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 553 707 211 38  
    left 16 39 1    

Sir-Gary 10 4      

• edited January 2014

Good Evening Both

The best advice I was given is that imagine you are playing against a Sky presenter, who is naked.

You may not win, but you will always smile, and poker is supposed to be a game that makes you happy, not upset.

Also, there are some presenters I would happily enter a £22 dym with and lose on the above basis.

Alas, I would also be on the phone to customer care regarding my 60p dym if it turned out to be Rich Orford.

Happy New Year to you both.

Regards

Pen Fifteen

• edited January 2014
    The best bit of poker advice I've recieved is that there are other poker games besides No Limit Hold'em, and with a bit of work at it, most players can end up having a bigger edge in one of what might be considered one of the "niche" games rather than the game that almost everybody plays.