You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Truth or Bluff Competition - your input please (with winner announced!)

Comments

• edited January 2014
    DoubleAAA's is best by a country mile.
  • edited January 2014

Tough one to call as they are all good, but DOUBLEAAA just edges it for me GL
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Truth or Bluff Competition - your input please!:
    I hope sky wait at least 4/5 days for people to give feedback given the amount of effort some people put in. I like jonjo75s and DoubleAAs entries, and wouldn't be at all surprised to see either of those win, but the cat scene in Lamberts video makes me laugh over and over again. The rest of the vid is good too, so he'd get my vote. Would have had Mikey's entry of his dancing Dad in the top 5 easy! Good luck all.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Totally agree JJ with timeframes, but as usual I am going to have a difference of opinion with you and select DoubleAAA. 

The lyrics where thought out, kept to the theme of the required video, and went very well with the soundtrack.  

I really hope that given skys list of criteria this doesnt go down to a popularity contest, and all aspects of the entries are examined. 

• edited January 2014
    I'm gonna have to plump for Lambert180, but seriously... sort your milk out dude ;)
  • edited January 2014
    DoubleAAA for me, the funniest and well thought out by a long way.

Like I said in my entry post (which was very poor I know), I found the videos where people were claiming that if they didn't win there Mrs would lock them in a shed/not feed them/completely abuse them so so cringeworthy and completely embarrassing for the people involved. I know there were a couple of very similar entries like this and lets be honest regardless of whether these people win or not they are not going to have these ridiculous living restrictions forced upon them by there girlfriends!

AAA all the way!
  • edited January 2014
    Lol of course I'm not going to live in a shed, that was kind of the point, it was satire. Unlike Cenachav's one where he might actually shave his beard off, mine was like an over the top bluff that obviously wasn't true cos it was just silly. I can promise you I will not be living in a shed or mal-treated as a result of this promo... that happens anyway ;)

Nah but it was only a bit of fun.

Thank you to all that have voted for me, and good luck again to everyone involved.
  • edited January 2014
    Even though Lambos and Cenas made me laugh i am gonna go for DoubleAAAs entry because imo it was by far the best of all of the entrys

GL all
  • edited January 2014

Lambert 180 
  • edited January 2014
    they are all good entries but i`m goin for lambo

gl all
  • edited January 2014

Lambert180 for me, he went to a lot of effort and the ensuing milk related banter on the forum means we need to think of the kids and get them some better milk!

• edited January 2014
    DoubleAAA got my vote.Very funny.
  • edited January 2014
    Let's all vote for our friend lambert. Terrible way to choose a winner for a competition. I feel for you Doubleaaa and Cenachav as both of yours is far better than his.
    Posted by URgood
    No offense lambert, but kinda agree with this
  • edited January 2014
    DoubleAA for me!

Lamberts was a close second and "milk gate" nearly swung it in his favour lol

This really should be done as an anonymous poll though- there's too much of a chance it might get personal.
  • edited January 2014
    double aaa for me    funny video
  • edited January 2014
    double aaa said hes gonna wear all the gear aswell if he wins stick to ya word m8 :)
  • edited January 2014
    DoubleAA for me! Lamberts was a close second and "milk gate" nearly swung it in his favour lol This really should be done as an anonymous poll though- there's too much of a chance it might get personal.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Yeah, for sure.
  • edited January 2014
    Lambert's is the only one that seems to have been 'produced'. Cringy story perhaps but well put together, and amazing cat clip.

But good luck to all, exciting knowing one of those 5 will win it.
  • edited January 2014
    seems like a popularity contest imo

if lambert was a newby to the forum would he get this many votes ?  

if double aaa was in a team post loads of stuff prob gets alot more votes 

just a popularity contest

dnt think the videos really matter just an opinion
  • edited January 2014
    Well, this is why most people gave their reasoning.

It's not a nice thing to pick a favourite, but then to have the integrity of your vote questioned, I think that's a bit harsh.

As far as I'm aware, the result is not contingent merely on the posts on this thread, certainly that's not what the OP suggests.
  • edited January 2014
    seems like a popularity contest imo if lambert was a newby to the forum would he get this many votes ?   if double aaa was in a team post loads of stuff prob gets alot more votes  just a popularity contest dnt think the videos really matter just an opinion
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You have a valid point, Donk (which has been made by others) but personally, I voted for the funniest clip. irrespective of teams and/or allegiances.
  • edited January 2014
    LAMBERT180......IS MY CHOICE
  • edited January 2014
    Lambert180.

A lot of effort went into making the video i.e. scripting, editing and producing. It is also the only video that follows a story and contains a complete beginning middle and end. It's a short, sweet, funny to the point video that contains a real life cat-attack.

Lambert was in a shed at like 2 degrees at 9am wearing a vest and nearly had his ear scratched off :)
  • edited January 2014
    seems like a popularity contest imo if lambert was a newby to the forum would he get this many votes ?   if double aaa was in a team post loads of stuff prob gets alot more votes  just a popularity contest dnt think the videos really matter just an opinion
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Isn't he in TPT?
  • edited January 2014
    Lambert180. A lot of effort went into making the video i.e. scripting, editing and producing. It is also the only video that follows a story and contains a complete beginning middle and end. It's a short, sweet, funny to the point video that contains a real life cat-attack. Lambert was in a shed at like 2 degrees at 9am wearing a vest and nearly had his ear scratched off :)
    Posted by Llamas
    LOL, if being in a cold shed at 9am is up there with the harshest things lambert has had to deal with then he hasn't had it bad!

Liked the video though, just thought doubleAAA's was better
  • edited January 2014
    Personally I would have voted for the young guy submitted the vid for his pops. Could have all been staged but it appearsd to me to be a genuinely nice gesture. 

Since he didn't make the shortlist I'll vote for doubleAAA, his entry showed talent, creativity, uniqueness, plenty of humour and would be good to see him getting a crack at at 1k event for his effort
  • edited January 2014
    Lambert180. A lot of effort went into making the video i.e. scripting, editing and producing. It is also the only video that follows a story and contains a complete beginning middle and end. It's a short, sweet, funny to the point video that contains a real life cat-attack. Lambert was in a shed at like 2 degrees at 9am wearing a vest and nearly had his ear scratched off :)

Isn't he in TPT?
    Posted by Llamas
    Yes I joined TPT about 1 month ago and a nice bunch they are however I only know a handful of them to say hi and have never met anyone from the forum at a live event yet :)

For the record (sick pun :) ) I put alot of effort in (like everyone else) as I had to write the lyrics to the song which contains a story of bluffing from pre-flop action and every street all the way to the river.  I also had to find a good instrumental that I could try to rap too and then sync it all together ie the instrumental, audio and video. 

It was certainly fun making and creating it and gave many family and friends a good laugh!

All the videos had their own originality and were quite fun to watch! GL all :)
  • edited January 2014
    Lambert's entry despite being quite good was too similar to igoWaWa's entry. DoubleAAA was completely unique & funny so has to get my vote.
  • edited January 2014
    My vote's for DoubleAAA.

Close with Cenachav though and if he had promised to definitely cut the beard off he would have pipped it.
  • edited January 2014
    lambo180 for me! Cat moment is truly a brilliant!
  • edited January 2014
    My vote's for DoubleAAA. Close with Cenachav though and if he had promised to definitely cut the beard off he would have pipped it.
    Posted by bromley04
    I keep saying I'm not bluffing!  If I win the beard is gone :-(