You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WOULD YOU DEAL?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2014
    I would have opened 3 more boxes and see what the banker would offer hehe

I wouldnt feel bad still a great cash especially if a little tipsey
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL?:
    Can you do deals in Sky tournies?
    Posted by alex1229
    Nope, this was on another site
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Yes Tikay I did.  The factoid is so earth shattering I needed to take a while to come around. Joking aside the stuff about the Hoover Dam is very interesting to me and I plan to visit it this year if and when I make it back to Vegas.
    Posted by TommyD
    Do it, well worth the trip, do the guided tour thing so you get to go all inside it, fascinating place, the cement still isn't completely dry now you know!

Bit of a drive but if you get chance got o the Grand Canyon National Park (not the Skywalk one) too if you've not seen the place before it's amazing, so many other places I could suggest too but we can't eat into too much poker time now.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Do it, well worth the trip, do the guided tour thing so you get to go all inside it, fascinating place, the cement still isn't completely dry now you know! Bit of a drive but if you get chance got o the Grand Canyon National Park (not the Skywalk one) too if you've not seen the place before it's amazing, so many other places I could suggest too but we can't eat into too much poker time now.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Jeez, are you guys winding me up?

You mean the concrete is not set yet, it has not fully gone off.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CEMENT DRYING.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Jeez, are you guys winding me up? You mean the concrete is not set yet, it has not fully gone off. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CEMENT DRYING.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Now would I do that Tikay :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Jeez, are you guys winding me up? You mean the concrete is not set yet, it has not fully gone off. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CEMENT DRYING.
    Posted by Tikay10
    So how quickly does normal cement dry compared to quick drying cement?
  • edited January 2014
    I really hate taking - or discussing - deals. The reason I play tournaments is to win them, not to haggle over the cash towards the end of it. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth unfortunately, and I'd rather deals were taken out of the game completely. I'm glad you can't do it on Sky. I appreciate that the money is important to players - as it is to me - but it just dilutes the entire experience and detracts from the game when the financials are brought into it.

I appreciate that there are a lot of deals that go on behind the scenes that we never get to hear about, but if by some stroke of luck I get to the final table of the UKPC and people start talking about splitting the money this way and that, I will not be a part of the conversation. I don't care if I do get a 'good deal' with respect to my chipstack - I'm there to win, and whatever money falls my way - should it do so - is how it is meant to be.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : So how quickly does normal cement dry compared to quick drying cement?
    Posted by cenachav
    I HAVE NO IDEA, & I DON'T CARE.

"quick drying cement", my ****.
  • edited January 2014
    I would like to be able to do deals on 60p 6 man DYM's once its down to 5 players
  • edited January 2014
    I would start my negotiations saying I will take 1.7k like Tommy has already said and then I would drop to a final price of 1.65k, take it or leave it guys.  Congrats on the cash btw Rock!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : yeah lesson definately learned, im going to find him later anyway and give him some abuse, wont help matters but will make me feel a little bit better!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573

Yeah that's it, abuse the other person because its his fault. Nothing to do with you not bothering to read the rules/game procedure before playing.

Sigh
  • edited January 2014
    I would start my negotiations saying I will take 1.7k like Tommy has already said and then I would drop to a final price of 1.65k, take it or leave it guys.  Congrats on the cash btw Rock!
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    thanks m8, as ive said earlier it was my first time of dealing and i didnt realise i could haggle, i thought it was just a take it or leave it deal so i  just accepted as it was early morning. i will now no for next time though and if i get more final tables i will drive a hard bargain :-)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : ive never dealt in my life mate, any time if been on final tables on other sites nobodys ever wanted to deal and neither have i so this is my first experience in it, when the administrator came in and offered this deal i said no at first and the 2nd place said " WHAT THATS A GOOD DEAL MAN " i then just thought that if i didnt accept this deal then we had to play on, i didnt realise we could negotiate. i then just said ah fxxx it lets rap it up and agreed to deal. im totally fuming now as i feel conned by the 2nd place guy, dont no why but he was wanting to deal from when we had 7 players left and he had around 1 million chips.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Congrats on the cash BTW. I know your fuming now but use it in a positive way and get a better deal next time. Im not sure on ICM either, I just look at my chip stack to everyone else and use that to try and get as close to top prize as possible. And now you know to always go high and work a little down on that.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Congrats on the cash BTW. I know your fuming now but use it in a positive way and get a better deal next time. Im not sure on ICM either, I just look at my chip stack to everyone else and use that to try and get as close to top prize as possible. And now you know to always go high and work a little down on that.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    yeah cheers.
  • edited January 2014
    Also, talking of mixing concrete, & gangsters, there were over 100 fatalaties during construction of the Dam, over a 13 year period. And - are you ready for this? - the last man to die was the son of the first man to die. Spooky stuff...... More concrete stories when time permits.       
    Posted by Tikay10

I heard that the last man to die actually threw himself into the setting concrete when Tikay was explaining the history and facts about the dam to him.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Sigh, typo.  Too early for me on a Monday, should no turn on PC. I mean $1700 lowest.  Top prize was $1799 right?
    Posted by TommyD
    If somebody offered me a deal they must be worried about losing to the better player
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : If somebody offered me a deal they must be worried about losing to the better player
    Posted by mareeves11
    Or they're just trying to level out the variance.

Obv you can't do deals on Sky but sometimes on Sky the difference between 1st place and 2nd place in the ME is £1000+ and often stacks are so short it comes down to who can win a flip or 40/60. Given that you don't get in them spots that often, it's usually better for you both to lock up an amount better than 2nd place and only flip for a small amount.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Sigh, typo.  Too early for me on a Monday, should no turn on PC. I mean $1700 lowest.  Top prize was $1799 right?
    Posted by TommyD
    Surprised no-one else has commented on this but that's a ridiculous amount to propose and 2nd and 3rd place would have to be really terrible/bad at maths to accept this. Yes, we have a chip lead but we have far from won the tournament. If the shorty gets one double up from us then we become the shorty. 1500-1550 would be a much more reasonable amount to suggest IMO.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Or they're just trying to level out the variance. Obv you can't do deals on Sky but sometimes on Sky the difference between 1st place and 2nd place in the ME is £1000+ and often stacks are so short it comes down to who can win a flip or 40/60. Given that you don't get in them spots that often, it's usually better for you both to lock up an amount better than 2nd place and only flip for a small amount.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I would rather shake hands with Geoffrey Osbourne and count my fingers afterwards than deal
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : I would rather shake hands with Geoffrey Osbourne and count my fingers afterwards than deal
    Posted by mareeves11
    if the money meant something to you then you mite change ur mind on this, i would never normally deal for this sort of money usually but i did on this paticular occasion, if you were on the final table of a turbo for instance and the stacks were really shallow and  the prize money was good you would be mad not to take a deal if it was a good one.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Surprised no-one else has commented on this but that's a ridiculous amount to propose and 2nd and 3rd place would have to be really terrible/bad at maths to accept this. Yes, we have a chip lead but we have far from won the tournament. If the shorty gets one double up from us then we become the shorty. 1500-1550 would be a much more reasonable amount to suggest IMO.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    out of interest on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being bad and 10 being good how do you rate my deal?
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: WOULD YOU DEAL? : Also, talking of mixing concrete, & gangsters, there were over 100 fatalaties during construction of the Dam, over a 13 year period. And - are you ready for this? - the last man to die was the son of the first man to die. Spooky stuff...... More concrete stories when time permits.        Posted by Tikay10
    I heard that the last man to die actually threw himself into the setting concrete when Tikay was explaining the history and facts about the dam to him.
    Posted by Enut

Wait until I start telling you about this beauty - the Grand Coulee Dam. Ooohhhh.