You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

donky alert!

2»

Comments

• edited January 2014
    What have I missed?!
  • edited January 2014
    Donkey.....................!!!

He aw He aw He always calls me that !
  • edited January 2014
    I deduce that OP was getting owned by an aggro oppo, then got the money in with QQ vs said Mr Aggro's AK (about as standard as it gets), and is annoyed that Mr Aggro actually turns up with a hand and spikes a K. Then comes on here whining because he can't beat ''donkey, bingo'' players?

Excellent stuff.
  • edited January 2014
    Op got levelled and still thinks villain is a donkey =  op will get levelled again.

If you want to avoid the donkeys go play some 200nl, see how you get on

xx
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert!:
    This "donkey" wasn't me, was he? lol In all honesty, though, if your opponent was playing lots of hands - raising, 3-betting or 4-betting - the only thing that dictates whether he was a poor player or not is whether he was getting away with it. If he kept being caught out and was losing a ton of money, yet still didn't change his ways, clearly he wasn't very good. On the other hand, if you and the other players were letting him get away with it and he was making money out of you, then he was probably playing very well. The fact he had shown down 82, 75 or whatever is neither here nor there. If he had adapted to his opposition better than they had to him, then he would have been the stronger player. Hand strength is frequently irrelevant in poker. As he only got all his money in with a premium hand, it would suggest he was actually exploiting his image. In other words, you believed he was a donkey because you didn't understand what he was doing. Your description is hardly a complete one, so it may just be that he was clueless about how he was playing. The limited information you've given would suggest otherwise, though.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    This post is very solid and sums it up perfectly. It looks like OP got mind shafted to me.

The standard on Stars is way higher than on SKY. A decent portion of players will be using HUD's, will have a higher 3-bet % and higher VPIP. Not long back i saw a players stats were he was running at +16/100bb over 250,000 hands with VPIP 33, and a 10% 3-bet frequency @nl50$. So OP will just be jumping out the frying pan into the fire imo.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to donky alert!:
    hi everyone, just a quick question, earlier i was playing on a cash game 10p 20p stakes sitting with £20 and somone came and sat down and begin to raise EVERY hand and just 3 bet everytime you raised, i ended up picking up QQ so i 4 bet pre and it was no shock they jammed, i snapped and they had AK and hit a K  this always seems to be the case why do donkeys always get paid? i would like to hear your thoughts or advice on how you would deal with someone like this without standing? I AM NOT SAYING THIS GUY IS A DONKY BECAUSE OF THE AK QQ HAND JUST THE FACT HE WANTS TO GET IT IN EVERY HAND REGARDLES OF HIS HAND!
    Posted by hahagutted
    Hi mate,

Sounds like it was a good aggro player and they were owning the table.

It's just hard to deal with this type of player, from what you are saying he sounds like a really strong player.

It's frustrating and difficult playing against this type of player, especially if they are running good.

• edited January 2014
    haha the sky community in force stick together, really all this time n arguments because i asked how do you play someone who is playing every hand...whats funny is you all defend the way he played amd try to give explinations why its right! good luck to you all ...donkeys ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert! : omg this is so fustrating to get accross he was playing bingo not poker i caught him out about 3 times before he was showing 57 off n 82 and things like that raising or 3 betting with them EVERY...single hand he was far from a poker player, if you think there is nothing wrong with his game then good luck in your poker career 
    Posted by hahagutted
    There's lots of different poker styles. He was obviously a LAG, and typically broad rules apply (loose player-tighten range. Tight player- widen range). Also typically LAG's get paid when they hit big hands because nobody gives their raises any credit. Sounds to me like you fell into his trap and are not happy about it.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert! : So, you`re returning to a site with a better standard of player and make loads of cash?? Brilliant strategy there fella..... Think you`ve made a bit of an @ss of yourself with this thread, Gl against Ivey and the boys.
    Posted by davelufc
    i have cashed ALOT more on there probebly because people play better (like you said)
    the only reason i came to this site is because of the t.v stuff and new software ive won a couple of bh tournys so its not like im a loosing player, 

so good luck to yourself
  • edited January 2014
    What i love about this subject is the hypocrisy with it all... Your playing a game  trying to decieve your opponents and take their money but call them a donk and your a bas tard! Hahaha 

While at the tables you must not comment on how people play or call them a fish/donk because its not right and bad poker ethics but in the forums do and say what you want... 

It makes me laugh :-) 
  • edited January 2014
    Sounds like MattBates.
  • edited January 2014
    Sounds like MattBates.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Since when has Sky ever allowed MattBates to have a premium hand like AK?  They give him rubbish then let him win ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert! : Since when has Sky ever allowed MattBates to have a premium hand like AK?  They give him rubbish then let him win ;)
    Posted by cenachav
    Valid point, well made.

I retract my earlier statement.
  • edited January 2014
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: donky alert! : i have cashed ALOT more on there probebly because people play better (like you said) the only reason i came to this site is because of the t.v stuff and new software ive won a couple of bh tournys so its not like im a loosing player,  so good luck to yourself
    Posted by hahagutted

Yet you'd rather play on here with us donkeys because of the tv show? You could watch that without playing on here. As for the software, one scan through the forum will show you that stars gets a very favourable reaction by those who use both.

So that's those sorted. See ya!

• edited January 2014
    Whilst most of this thread is light hearted and being taken in a light hearted manner please take time to refresh on the latest guidelines for this forum as quoted below and keep it on track

anybody who 'mocks' or abuses other players based on their results (e.g. on Sharkscope stats) will have action taken against them. We will deal with each case individually but players need to be aware that breaking this rule may ultimately result in the loss of forum and chat privileges.

We're sure people will understand why we have done this. We really want Sky Poker to be a nice place to play poker and so stopping things like this will help.

Cheers
    Dave
  • edited January 2014
    Whilst most of this thread is light hearted and being taken in a light hearted manner please take time to refresh on the latest guidelines for this forum as quoted below and keep it on track anybody who 'mocks' or abuses other players based on their results (e.g. on Sharkscope stats) will have action taken against them. We will deal with each case individually but players need to be aware that breaking this rule may ultimately result in the loss of forum and chat privileges. We're sure people will understand why we have done this. We really want Sky Poker to be a nice place to play poker and so stopping things like this will help. Cheers Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Does this mean we can't extract the urine out of MattBates anymore or is that allowed? :(
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert! : Does this mean we can't extract the urine out of MattBates anymore or is that allowed? :(
    Posted by cenachav

They say there's an exception to every rule!
  • edited January 2014
    "donky"

Thunderous Applause.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert! : Does this mean we can't extract the urine out of MattBates anymore or is that allowed? :(
    Posted by cenachav
    Oh yes! Totally allowed
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert! : Oh yes! Totally allowed
    Posted by SolarCarro
    That's it pick on the shortie!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert! : That's it pick on the shortie!
    Posted by MattBates
    By order Queen of SkyPoker Mrs Brommers
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert! : By order Queen of SkyPoker Mrs Brommers
    Posted by SolarCarro
    The second best Bromley must be obeyed!  
  • edited January 2014
    To be fair, although most people on this thread have a point about abusing other players, I think I've only read one or two replies which attempt to answer your original question which is how to deal with an aggressive maniac who is playing everything.

My personal opinion is that the call button is your friend here.

If the guy is 3 and 4 betting with any two cards then what he wants is to see people folding.

There's no point in reraising him unless you have a really good hand because he'll just happily shove on you with 57 and you're left in the sticky spot of trying to figure out whether to be calling your AJ or not. 

Don't play him at his own game and try to out aggression him (except in the right spots) because it's likely most times he'll be willing to get all his money in. 

Calling him when you have a decent hand (but not premium) is the answer. He can't reraise you and you get to see a flop. It effectively negates his main way of winning, which is to be more aggressive than everyone else preflop and hope they all fold.

Then let's say you hit the flop with your AJ and he hits nothing with his 57. He has a lot less room to be aggressive now. Yes, he may try bluffing you, but you now have very solid equity in the hand and a very good chance of winning. In this scenario I'd be willing to go all the way with my hand.

So my strategy would be to let him have all the small pots, but try to take him to the cleaners when you actually hit a big hand.

I think that's pretty much what you did, but you just got unlucky that you ran into his AK when you had QQ. On another day you'd have doubled up and his strategy wouldn't be looking quite so clever.

Still I think the rest of the guys here have a point. If you consider yourself a good player, and you are struggling to cope with the play of this 'donkey', perhaps his play isn't so bad after all?

• edited January 2014
    only advice i would say is play tight and wait for a hand and if it happens you suck out so be it but will work best in the long run 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: donky alert! :  my question is how do you deal with a person that is not playing poker, just raising every hand and 3 betting every raise regardles of there hand thers maniacs in poker then there is idiots. is it best to waite for a hand then get it in like i did or just leave the table and go play on anouther, i guess you had to be on the table to know what i mean every other player was saying the same on the table that he was just somone gambling trying to get it in every hand then got really lucky when i actually picked up a hand 
    Posted by hahagutted

dont have to call the shove .....shove first ....lol