You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread**** +Turbo Tuesday main eent

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat

An evening with Rich Orford.

Can't wait. *

* Terms & Conditions apply.

Comments

• edited January 2014

Sunday.  Some call it a day of rest. We call it...

SUPERROLLER  

SUNDAY!

There’s no rest for the wicked if you intend to stake your claim of the £20,000 GTD prize pool. You know what to do, lobby up now directly, or start satelliting to book your seat at the big game tomorrow night.

Loads of coverage on 861 of course. And bringing it to you will be myself, 

Richard Orford and Jim Davidson…sorry, I mean Tikay.

But the SuperRoller is not all we have for you this Sunday night. Take a look at this….

7pm – 8pm

Live Mastercash coverage
    8pm – 9pm

Live coverage of the £20,000 Super Roller

9pm – 10pm

Live Master Cash coverage

10pm – 11pm

UKPC final satellite coverage (the satellite starts @ 9:15)

11pm – Midnight

Live coverage of the £20,000 Super Roller

Send all your messages in, we love them on the show- the more the merrier.

And here’s this Sunday’s little extra topic of enquiry…

Tikay is 95 this year.

What do you hope to have achieved in poker 

and in life by Tikay’s age?

Your answers can be serious, or not-so! And of course, don’t forget all the usual poker questions, hand requests and banter.

Best messages tonight will win free entry into Tuesday

night's main event: The Turbo Open.

Cheers all and see you Sunday night at 7.

• edited January 2014

Tikay's version of "let's do the time warp again".

Hartigan's is here.
  • edited January 2014
    will skybet be give odds on tikay makeing 100
  • edited January 2014
    just putting it out there, as you both have challenges goin on, on the forum, how about a mini challenge for you both? lets say something like whoever has most profit in afew month, lets say end of march gets too decide a forfeit for the unlucky guy(oxford) oops:D good luck guys
  • edited January 2014
    Afternoon all,

2 and a half hours till showtime. Live on Channel 861 or streamed from this website remember!

Need some more messages to get us going in that first hour!

And how about that question:

Tikay is 95 this year.

What do you hope to have achieved in poker 
    and in life by Tikay’s age? 
  • edited January 2014
    What do I hope to have achieved in poker and in life by the time I reach Tikay's age? Simply to be still solvent and not to be pushing up the daisies.

Nice to see the two of you in harness again. Have a great show.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread****:
    just putting it out there, as you both have challenges goin on, on the forum, how about a mini challenge for you both? lets say something like whoever has most profit in afew month, lets say end of march gets too decide a forfeit for the unlucky guy(oxford) oops:D good luck guys
    Posted by seppe
    Hi seppe,

I'm sure you have noticed that Orford has deliberately avoided answering your question.

Say no more.
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks 4evergreen.

Yes, it's been a while since I did a show with the old fella.

PS- Free seats into Tuesday's Turbo main event to the best messages tonight!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread****:
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread**** : Hi seppe, I'm sure you have noticed that Orford has deliberately avoided answering your question. Say no more.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I won't shirk from any challenge.

Shall we compare 2.20 Deepstack records?

Here's mine:
    Played 1 Won 1 Win rate 100%

Tikay..?

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread**** : I won't shirk from any challenge. Shall we compare 2.20 Deepstack records? Here's mine: Played 1 Won 1 Win rate 100% Tikay..?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Good afternoon Mr Orford and Tikay.
    It is hard to compare who is the best at the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, unless you both play in the same tournament.
    How about you both join one on the same afternoon. In my humble opinion you are both excellent players.
    Wont be able to watch show tonight as i am working night shift, but have a great show.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P.S HAD 99 RUNNERS SATURDAY AND TODAY ONLY 1 AWAY FROM THE MAGIC 100 RUNNERS.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread**** : I won't shirk from any challenge. Shall we compare 2.20 Deepstack records? Here's mine: Played 1 Won 1 Win rate 100% Tikay..?
    Posted by RICHORFORD

• edited January 2014

Note he went all quiet after I mentioned "sample". 'Nuff said.

Thewy referred to tonight's show via Twitter as "an old Mothers Meeting". He can shut it, too.
  • edited January 2014

Total silence. Not a word. The man is quivering.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread****:
    Afternoon all, 2 and a half hours till showtime. Live on Channel 861 or streamed from this website remember! Need some more messages to get us going in that first hour! And how about that question: Tikay is 95 this year. What do you hope to have achieved in poker  and in  life by Tikay’s age?  
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    question is a bit unfair...TK is uncomprehendably old, I certainly have no idea how to think that far ahead into the future.

I imagine though that most of the human race will be living on the moon or something, poker will be long forgotten.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread**** +Turbo Tuesday main eent seats to be won!:
    Note he went all quiet after I mentioned "sample". 'Nuff said. Thewy referred to tonight's show via Twitter as " an old Mothers Meeting ". He can shut it, too.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Shhh. Some of us are working on the show running order. Grown-up stuff, you know.

We can't all sit around writing waffle on social media and show threads.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread****:
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread**** : question is a bit unfair...TK is uncomprehendably old, I certainly have no idea how to think that far ahead into the future. I imagine though that most of the human race will be living on the moon or something, poker will be long forgotten.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    I LOVE new words, wp wp.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread**** +Turbo Tuesday main eent seats to be won!:
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread**** +Turbo Tuesday main eent seats to be won! : Shhh. Some of us are working on the show running order. Grown-up stuff, you know. We can't all sit around writing waffle on social media and show threads.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    waffle?

WAFFLE?

I'm working the audience.

I must assume "audience" is an unfamiliar concept to you.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Super Roller LIVE with Rich and Tikay ***official show thread**** : I LOVE new words, wp wp.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Haha - I thought the same thing, Tikay, but even I wasn't brazen enough to point it out! ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Evening all.  Very good luck to everyone playing in the roller tonight.  

When I get to Tikay's age in life I hope to be alive still and to see my daughter all grown up and happy.

In poker, well the odd win wouldn't go amiss but as long as I'm enjoying the game I will be very contented.

Good luck all and run golden
  • edited January 2014
    by time im 95 i hope too have built my br big enough too be able too afford entry into a superroller and then take it down and then take over the world :@)

• edited January 2014
    its great to see you both again together, rich i am sure you have tikays age the wrong way round.  
    well by the time i get there i want to see all my family settled and comfortable in life, and still get out to play live tournaments.  what more can you ask.
    all the best tina
  • edited January 2014
    on a serious note did i play this hand wrong? I am more a hi/lo player and was trying too get as much chips in from the opponents as possible and then got rivered.so what im meaning is should i have just got them in on the flop too scare people of the pot or do as i did and try and build the pot?should i have bet after the river.

hope you both have a good show.
    RossMc Sit out        
    churchy18 Small blind   10.00 10.00 1880.00
    Hippy4 Big blind   20.00 30.00 3120.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

Keyser05 Fold        
    wanturmo28 Fold        
    bet Raise   80.00 110.00 860.00
    churchy18 Call   70.00 180.00 1810.00
    Hippy4 Fold        
    Flop

• J
    • J

churchy18 Check        
    bet Check        
    Turn

• Q

churchy18 Bet   180.00 360.00 1630.00
    bet Call   180.00 540.00 680.00
    River

churchy18 Bet   680.00 1220.00 950.00
    bet All-in   680.00 1900.00 0.00
    churchy18 Show
    • K
    • J

bet Show

bet Win Straight to the Queen 1900.00   1900.00
  • edited January 2014
    I would like to have achieved some minor skill at hi lo even though I can play no limt to what I think is a half  decent level or so I think .Tikay keeps owning me  on hi lo dyms this is very embarrassing as this is tikay afterall .anyways have a gr8 show guys gl all except mr tony TEECAKE kendall of course lol.....
  • edited January 2014
    What I want to do when I reach 95?
    Well being alive and still loving life, and still playing poker and loving poker, winning would just be a bonus.
    Which if any of you two will I see at DTD for the UKPC?
  • edited January 2014
    As Tikay's memory is fading and he couldn't remember me, show him the opening of the show on 17/11/2007 see if that reminds him. Thats assuming you still have archived.
  • edited January 2014
    I would like to think that i will have fathomed out how to play PLO8 by that age.

Have a pleasant evening guys.
    Cheers
    Mick the mechanic
  • edited January 2014

By the time I am Tikay's age I don't expect too much change in my poker ability.

I'll still be grinding the odd low stakes SNG.

Accounting for the age gap and inflation I would imagine that will be on the £10k tables?

• edited January 2014
    Mmmmmm 95?

34 years time. I just hope I can learn how to play poker by then and have enough money to go and play the WSOP.

Winning anything on Sky will do till then. 

Nice to see you two back antagonising each other. It makes great viewing.

All the best for tonights show.

Steve
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Rich and Tikay ,Have a good night!

I hope to have taken down the JacKpot(ME and Mini Event by then!)

• edited January 2014
    If I reach TKs age there'll be flying cars and intergallactic travel to look forward to.
    Is it true that when TK was born, the Dead Sea was just a bit poorly?