You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's live show special: THE CASH GAME RELOADED with Rich, Ross and guests Sam Grafton and Simon

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In for the last longer please!

A question for your guests:

Although I have been playing poker for the last 3/4 years,I have never got seriously involved with cash games.

Recently there has been a few challenges on the cash game circuit,like turn £5 at 10NL into £200.

So I thought I would jump in the deep end and have a go!

But found it so boring as most players only want to get involved when they have premium hands,How do I deal with this to my advantage?
  • edited January 2014

Last longer please Rich. Have a good show m8... Thanx

• edited January 2014
    My attempt to achieve entry into the turbo through all in sats failed miserably 18 times last week
    so surely odds must be in favour tonight

Last Longer Please.

My cash question for the panel is:-

You're in a cash game and you've had to reload three times. because you've lost three coolers to one card outs on the river.
    Do you?:-

a) reload because the odds are in your favour not to happen again?
    b) leave the table, because tonight, is not your night?
    or
    c) immediately log onto Sky Poker try to find Ricorford, to at least get some easy money back?

Have a fantastic show! I'm sure this will be one to remember!
  • edited January 2014
    Its poker but not how you know it.

Hi Guys,
    A question for our esteemed guests.

What do you think of the idea of moving the button to the Big Blind?

I know this will entail ripping up all the rules and strategy books.

My thinking is that the BB is disadvantaged by having to invest money/chips before the cards are dealt so they should get some advantage back by having position post flop.

Or am i just taking rubbish :-)

Have a great show
    Mick
  • edited January 2014

Question for the guys - How does playing hands on TV change the dynamic at the table? Does it affect how you and others play?

Sub-question for Ross - when thinking about that fold with a set (not mentioned it for at least a week now), was that affected by being on TV? Did you think 'I dont want to make a bad call (or fold) on TV'?

• edited January 2014
    In for the last longer please.
    Ok team, you are playing cash and whenever you are in the big blind and it is folded to the button, they raise to say 3BB's. Is it cheaper in the long run to just  give in meekly, or should you fight back, and if so how?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's live show special: THE CASH GAME RELOADED with Rich, Ross and guests Sam Grafton and Simon Hemsworth (PLUS TURBO TUESDAY LAST LONGER COMP-POST YOUR ENTRY INSIDE):
    In for the last longer please. Ok team, you are playing cash and whenever you are in the big blind and it is folded to the button, they raise to say 3BB's. Is it cheaper in the long run to just  give in meekly, or should you fight back, and if so how?
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    last longer plz
  • edited January 2014
    Question for the esteemed panelists and Orford.  When you are multi tabling cash online do you stick to the same levels or do you play multiple levels?  Also do you change your play for the different levels ie bluffing more on one level and less on another?
  • edited January 2014
    Last longer over here too!
  • edited January 2014
    Last longerer please
  • edited January 2014
    Evening Guys!! Looking forward to a great show tonight!!!
    I have a question for the guys...... On the subject of Limp Callers!!!! During quite a few cash session's at 10nl and 20nl i'll pick up a decent holding in position, after seing half the table limp in i'll raise it up, my standard raise was 3x but id add an extra blind for each limper.
    Annoyingly however each limper calls my raise, this is a very frequent occurance. Most of the time I miss the flop but feel compelled to put a c-bet in due to now being the aggressor in the hand. I always almost get at least 2 players call or even raise my c-bet.
    Having missed the flop, depending on how many opponents I have left in the hand, id say I fold around 60% of the time.
    How do I counter act these limp callers, Is it just a question of making my pre-flop raise bigger or is there another solution???
    Hope you all have a great show guys!!!
    P.s in for the last longer
    Stuart
  • edited January 2014
    In for the last longer please!! :-)
  • edited January 2014
    In for the last longer please!
  • edited January 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited January 2014
    Great Show so far tonight guys!

Last Longer Please!

Ross: "Posterise" isn't a word. Are you sure you are a magazine editor?

Even if it was a word, I am not sure you used it in the right context. The way you used it suggests that it was a word of total genius or a complete gaff - maybe you were "posterising" your range.
  • edited January 2014
    Put me in the last longer please Rich

Question 1 for the the Cash Game Guys.........
    If you watched a replay of a hand you were involved in on the TV and realised you had played it like a complete novice.....................Would you.....

A. Hold your hands up and admit you played it terribly?
    Or
    B. Make up a great excuse & pretend you had a plan or hidden agenda for the hand all along?

Have a great show guys
  • edited January 2014
    In for the long laster please!
  • edited January 2014
    last longer please matisback
  • edited January 2014
    HI ALL

won a seat into the main tonight for £2, so just too reg for the mini

in for the last longer please.

question for the lads, would be??

i play a mix of hold'em games from STT'S to MTT'S ranging from bounty hunters, DYM'S and HEADS UP.   I Mainly play well in deep stack mtt's.   i really enjoy all these games and play a little cash.

im looking to take it more serious with small B.R looking to stick too one type of game.. CASH.  what are they main things i need to take into account from the change too tournament play to playing 3 to 4 tables of nl4 CASH tables???

and qustion 2....    in that cash game there was a massive pot called down with Q high,(ashton) what are the guys views on that call.

any advice will be appreciated 

thanks.

• edited January 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited January 2014
    Great show guys

i cant wait for that hand rupert elder v matt ashton

and your guys thoughts on the hand
  • edited January 2014
    Hey lads,

Just wondering regarding bankroll management for cash, people talk about 50 bi's for playing at a certain level.

Seems like quite a lot of bi's for playing a certain level, seems to be more psychological as in if you lose a few buy ins, atleast with 50 bi's it shouldn't really affect a person. What do you think is optimal in regard to bankroll management buy ins for cash.

Also, when you started playing were you aggressive with bankroll management to spin your money up?

Enjoy the show!
  • edited January 2014
    Won my seat to the ME on Sundays show. Only ever played one before so please be gentle with me.

I'll have a go at the last longer whatever it is.

"Hi" to Ross. I have the mag delivered every month and thoroughly enjoy reading it.

Will find out tonight if any of the advise has stuck in my head or if it went in one end and out of the other. 

Great show.

Steve
  • edited January 2014
    last longer please
  • edited January 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited January 2014
    in for d last longer please!!
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Rich and Ross

Have a great show tomight with your guests.  Please add me to the last longest for the main and mini.  Wish me luck.

Sue

xx

• edited January 2014
    Rich keeps saying to register for last longer contact us by email or twitter. Should be The forum or twitter shouldn't it
  • edited January 2014
    Last longer please x
  • edited January 2014
    In for last longer please