You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best course of action?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Best course of action?:
    Suppose I should let the cat out the bag. Yep, I 4bet folded the ladies. I guess its time for me to give up the game  :( As soon as I 4bet I immediately realised it was the wrong decision, and I put myself in a ridiculous spot when he shipped on me. Vs other people in other situations I'd snap them off, but not this time. He's never 5bet shipping JJ (I think), QQ obvs very unlikely, so left AKs and AA/KK, which was the reason for the fold. Thanks for all the input guys. And Brian.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    A rubdown - even in a clinic thread... ;)
  • edited February 2014
    Having read a few more posts I've noticed a few people advocating folding to the 3bet. I mean are they serious? We have the 3rd best starting hand in the game. Are we assuming that every 3bet is done with AA or KK? I mean reallly?  Fine if you have evidence they are nitty then you can limit their range, but otherwiseI think thats pretty dismal.

It comes down to why you do something. If you call, what are you planning to do on the flop? Are you looking for a ser? Cus that sucks as a plan, and so if not are you planning to call a Cbet if board is lower than a queen? If you are then really a thin 4bet and fold will be cheaper at times OOP than call and cbet call etc. And then still face a possible turn shove.

I'm not advocating any of them, as other than fold, call or raise is going to cost you some chips, but when you consider that against a nitty 5% range we hold 60% equity I think fold is pretty poor option. But I guess each to their own. It is not an easy hand to play OOP and one of my bogey hands (I just lost with QQvs1010 on a run it twice board where he hit a set twice to win both hands) that I seem to lose to often with in dumb ways. But hey my example shows not everyone shoves with AA or KK only. Not everyone is nitty or wise.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Best course of action?:
    Having read a few more posts I've noticed a few people advocating folding to the 3bet. I mean are they serious? We have the 3rd best starting hand in the game. Are we assuming that every 3bet is done with AA or KK? I mean reallly?  Fine if you have evidence they are nitty then you can limit their range, but otherwiseI think thats pretty dismal. It comes down to why you do something. If you call, what are you planning to do on the flop? Are you looking for a ser? Cus that sucks as a plan, and so if not are you planning to call a Cbet if board is lower than a queen? If you are then really a thin 4bet and fold will be cheaper at times OOP than call and cbet call etc. And then still face a possible turn shove. I'm not advocating any of them, as other than fold, call or raise is going to cost you some chips, but when you consider that against a nitty 5% range we hold 60% equity I think fold is pretty poor option. But I guess each to their own. It is not an easy hand to play OOP and one of my bogey hands (I just lost with QQvs1010 on a run it twice board where he hit a set twice to win both hands) that I seem to lose to often with in dumb ways. But hey my example shows not everyone shoves with AA or KK only. Not everyone is nitty or wise.
    Posted by KAM99
    Who has said fold to the 3bet?

From what I've seen, everyone seems to be split between flatting the 3bet or 4bet with the intention of getting it in pre.