You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

struggling to deal with these beats..

2»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: struggling to deal with these beats..:
    Trying to build your bankroll is impossible when you have the kind ridiclous outdraws such as: AA losing to 7's AK losing to AQ AJ losing to A2 10's losing to 6's K10 losing to 6's when someone calls on a flop of J10J it wipes a large part of the bankroll, losing that successive 50-50's is normal but this kind of farce is unreal and is against all odds and probablities, would love to see Skys 'Random' card Generator!! I would challenge anyone to ever build a bankroll when this happens as often as it does. Its not RANDOM
    Posted by SCHOF78
    5 conclusive hands that prove that the RNG isn't actually random.

Close the site down. Can't believe I've wasted 2 years of my life on Sky Poker. You owe me 2 years, Sky....
  • edited February 2014
    Trying to build your bankroll is impossible when you have the kind ridiclous outdraws such as: AA losing to 7's AK losing to AQ AJ losing to A2 10's losing to 6's K10 losing to 6's when someone calls on a flop of J10J it wipes a large part of the bankroll, losing that successive 50-50's is normal but this kind of farce is unreal and is against all odds and probablities, would love to see Skys 'Random' card Generator!! I would challenge anyone to ever build a bankroll when this happens as often as it does. Its not RANDOM
    Posted by SCHOF78
    I started on the site with £20 about 4-5 years ago and didn't deposit again, and I've got a fair bit more than £20 now.
  • edited February 2014
    go to a new site like I did I play the same way as I do on here £680 up instead of minus 100s playing on here
  • edited February 2014
    in my last session i had aa in 4 different comps and it finished identical to this where the chip leader get there. this has happened to me 4 time s in a row now, enough is enough always the chip leader wins the hands with the worst hand this is me done. samantha25 Small blind 300.00 300.00 1345.00 haylez83 Big blind 600.00 900.00 5803.50 Your hole cards  A A threeGHD Raise 2100.00 3000.00 32700.00 Smilodon All-in 5505.00 8505.00 0.00 okydoaky Fold  samantha25 Fold  haylez83 Call 4905.00 13410.00 898.50 threeGHD All-in 32700.00 46110.00 0.00 haylez83 All-in 898.50 47008.50 0.00 threeGHD Unmatched bet 28396.50 18612.00 28396.50 haylez83 Show  A A threeGHD Show  5 5 Smilodon Show  K K Flop 6 5 10 Turn Q River J threeGHD Win Three 5s 18612.00 47008.50
    Posted by haylez83
    chip leader always win 99 out of 100 runs the tourney down quicker I found this out changed sites and im doing ok now yet on here couldn't win a shilling full house gets beats by 4 of a kind(chip leader) bad beat after bad beat you can moan about it like I did but people just say your playing bad yeah we all play bad but bad beat after bad beat !!!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: struggling to deal with these beats.. : chip leader always win 99 out of 100 runs the tourney down quicker I found this out changed sites and im doing ok now yet on here couldn't win a shilling full house gets beats by 4 of a kind(chip leader) bad beat after bad beat you can moan about it like I did but people just say your playing bad yeah we all play bad but bad beat after bad beat !!!!
    Posted by screwy27
    the ultimate troll returns. you suck donkeys d*** at poker!!! just face facts.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: struggling to deal with these beats.. : chip leader always win 99 out of 100 runs the tourney down quicker I found this out changed sites and im doing ok now yet on here couldn't win a shilling full house gets beats by 4 of a kind(chip leader) bad beat after bad beat you can moan about it like I did but people just say your playing bad yeah we all play bad but bad beat after bad beat !!!!
    Posted by screwy27
    Not going to comment on the chips leader always wins, cus well that is just a retarded statement, and wrong of course. Feel free to remember you bad beats only though.

You also demonstrate a massive lack of understanding of MTT's if y ou think that controls the speed they end. You'll find tournaments will end in a fairly uniform time frame because of the blind levels. Has nothing to do with who wins what pot and when. So if you had a full 5000 palyer tournament and ran it 100 times the ending time would not be significantly different on them.

The sites gain little in forcing a faster end time, and it is not needed when the blinds increase do that plenty fine enough.

As for playing another site and being up there and down here. Err, well if you playing tournaments they are massively prone to variance due to the luck factor in them. To suggest a site is rigged against you is dumb as all heck. They gain nothing by forcing a playing to go broke by rigging the game against them. My guess is either your game got better or you just been luckier so far at the new site.
  • edited February 2014
    Playing with 50 buy ins for a living is just totally rediclous. Typically when a player starts off playing full time they will have at least 18 months living expenses and at least 250 buy ins at a level where their hourly rate is the highest.

Also anything under nl100£ than it will probably be a struggle to carve a living out of poker.

Players from countries like Romania,Bulgaria,Ukraine etc etc will have a better chance at making a living due to the low cost of living, thats why many English Pros will head to countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Costa reca etc etc for long periods of time. Typically they will be in groups sharing the rent, bills etc.

Anyone trying to make a living from the game here in the UK will always struggle, unless they're making 40k+ a year.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: struggling to deal with these beats.. : the ultimate troll returns. you suck donkeys d*** at poker!!! just face facts.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    but im in profit on another site !!!! so I must just play bad on sky poker (which is infact the only site that sends me free bonuses don't know why)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: struggling to deal with these beats.. : Not going to comment on the chips leader always wins, cus well that is just a retarded statement, and wrong of course. Feel free to remember you bad beats only though. You also demonstrate a massive lack of understanding of MTT's if y ou think that controls the speed they end. You'll find tournaments will end in a fairly uniform time frame because of the blind levels. Has nothing to do with who wins what pot and when. So if you had a full 5000 palyer tournament and ran it 100 times the ending time would not be significantly different on them. The sites gain little in forcing a faster end time, and it is not needed when the blinds increase do that plenty fine enough. As for playing another site and being up there and down here. Err, well if you playing tournaments they are massively prone to variance due to the luck factor in them. To suggest a site is rigged against you is dumb as all heck. They gain nothing by forcing a playing to go broke by rigging the game against them. My guess is either your game got better or you just been luckier so far at the new site.
    Posted by KAM99
    no just playing the same way I did on here