You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Show Thread - Boycey is back, & a £1,100 UKPC Seat on offer. + Lord Grumpy*

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Show Thread - Boycey is back, & a £1,100 UKPC Seat on offer. + Lord Grumpy*:
    In Response to Re: Thursday Show Thread - Boycey is back, & a £1,100 UKPC Seat on offer. + Lord Grumpy* : Customer Care confirmed people registered already will only be offered £500. Seems a bit unfair to me. dear loyal player who plays most nights, tried for weeks to qualify for the UKPC before eventually you qualified. you deserve less than someone who hasn't bothered. really?
    Posted by chicknMelt
    If you have already qualified well done.

If you win the promo its just £500 for no hassle so why would you say no to the free money? 

I understand your point but you have to understand also that Sky want to boost those UKPC numbers.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Show Thread - Boycey is back, & a £1,100 UKPC Seat on offer. + Lord Grumpy*:
    In Response to Re: Thursday Show Thread - Boycey is back, & a £1,100 UKPC Seat on offer. + Lord Grumpy* : yeah, but they can do that without penalising those that have. I cant think of ANY reason not to offer the same prize to those already qualified. I can understand that they want to encourage people to actually turn up, so the £500 for those that "can't make it" seems fair enough.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Hate to have to quote Tikey but SKY Poker give away something for nothing and there are still some people who choose to moan. Maybe if they stopped giving prizes away you you stop moaning!!!

Grrrrrr!!!!! Just enjoy life

(Y)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Show Thread - Boycey is back, & a £1,100 UKPC Seat on offer. + Lord Grumpy* : Hate to have to quote Tikey but SKY Poker give away something for nothing and there are still some people who choose to moan. Maybe if they stopped giving prizes away you you stop moaning!!! Grrrrrr!!!!! Just enjoy life (Y)
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Also, I am sure there are loads of players that have made the effort to try to qualify but haven't been successful. Surely this promotion is aimed at them.
  • edited January 2014
    hi I have a hand request from master cash 2

does the jam on the river give my hand strength away and was my pot size bet on the turn right?
  • edited January 2014
    icetiger & Greekway: If you can tell me how giving £600 less to someone that has already qualified effects the chances of those that happened then I'll retract my complaint...

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Show Thread - Boycey is back, & a £1,100 UKPC Seat on offer. + Lord Grumpy* : Hate to have to quote Tikey but SKY Poker give away something for nothing and there are still some people who choose to moan. Maybe if they stopped giving prizes away you you stop moaning!!! Grrrrrr!!!!! Just enjoy life (Y)
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    i never normally complain about any sky promotions. even ones that exclude me, like the ps4 promo (not for priority members). The reason I dont complain is that I can see why the rules are as they are.

In this case, I cant. 
  • edited January 2014
    Did somebody say something?
    Posted by Tikay10[/QUOT

|Sorry TK not too familiar with all this tech stuff
    yours Nans Coop number, its my old Army number

be Lucky

Alan.
  • edited January 2014
    Where do you post hands for master cash??
  • edited January 2014
    Here is a hand 738,984,699

second hand at the table. Should I be 4 betting here or is flat calling right?

Thanx
  • edited January 2014
    Agree with Melt. Very nice gesture from Sky, don't have to do it of course. But if they are to offer a seat, then you'd think they'd offer the same cash equivalent if you already have your seat locked up.

Or the idea about the full value being put towards side events seems a fair compromise.

I'm coming for you Charlotte ;)
  • edited January 2014

actually RSM in Irish Defence Forces
  • edited January 2014
    icetiger & Greekway: If you can tell me how giving £600 less to someone that has already qualified effects the chances of those that happened then I'll retract my complaint...
    Posted by chicknMelt
    The odds are that someone who hasn't qualified for UKPC will win this promo (as those who have already qualified are fas less than those who haven't and will play tonight)  so that will cost Sky £100 whereas if you win the promo or anyone who has already qualified it will cost Sky £600 less.

I think the promo is to encourage recreational players to play the BH tonight. Regs will play it anyway.

• edited January 2014
    evening all,

good luck too everyone in the main tonight. and chasing that UKPC HEAD.

this is my first sky sports bounty hunter, normally way out my bankroll, but having a good night on the mastercash on tuesday i have a enough too enter and with the prize at stake this was well worth taking part in.

cant wait. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Show Thread - Boycey is back, & a £1,100 UKPC Seat on offer. + Lord Grumpy* : Customer Care confirmed people registered already will only be offered £500. Seems a bit unfair to me. dear loyal player who plays most nights, tried for weeks to qualify for the UKPC before eventually you qualified. you deserve less than someone who hasn't bothered. really?
    Posted by chicknMelt
    It's not that they havn't bothered, some people will have spent alot more than you trying to satelitte in.

Also this gives the oppurtunity for a new or very low stakes player to win a life changing oppurtunity, which may change there life and get them hooked on poker.
    Sky would obv prefer this than some random reg winning £1100 over and over.
  • edited January 2014
    Good evening Boycey and Tikay. I had a great day on the horses so decided to play some poker. Now I flick the channel on and Boycey is there. Is it coincidence? Then my table loads and I'm on Charlotte Jacksons table. To top it all off I'm 30 tomorrow. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham
  • edited January 2014
    I forgot to mention I got in through a £3.60 satellite.lol
  • edited January 2014
    next time there is a big prize for busting a sky presenter (orford) it should be a rebuy,would be plenty of action.
  • edited January 2014
    Oops, I'm not sure whether it was stage fright or just lack of concentration, but, I played really badly. I'm actually out now. Everyone was playing really sensibly which I was surprised about. I thought people would be in every hand that Charlotte was in. It didn't work out like that though. I sort of confused myself about whether to play for the Charlotte seat or play my standard game. I decided I needed to have Charlotte out chipped so as to take advantage of any opportunity to take the bounty. All theories are dashed but its a lesson for the future to work out a strategy in advance so as not to be confused whilst your at the table. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham
  • edited January 2014
    Time for me to Cringe, how badly did I play this!!
  • edited January 2014
    Boycey and Sir TK,

Managed to bink a seat in an All-in satellite and going to go for it as this tourney is usually out my price range.  Hopefully i can continue the good luck and get seated next to Miss Charlotte J and knock her out!! Would be amazing to play such a big tourney like UKPC.

Loving the show as ever.

D96
  • edited January 2014

My rational for calling was that I put him on A,J. So there was a possibility that he was just trying to steal the pot against a weak king. Having got in for £3.60 I thought it was worth the gamble calling off the 1200 on the river, due to the fact that I would have been left with less chips than Charlotte so the £1,100 seat would have been out of my grasp. Didn't make me look good on tv, but, could be profitable in future now that everyone thinks I call off my stack with top pair and no kicker.lol
    Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham

• edited January 2014
    well my bounty hunter experience lasted a whole one hand playing the hand poorly and running into quads :(.
  • edited January 2014
    That was a lively rail. Got to feel sorry for Charlotte, really. How can you respond to all that?

Personally, I'd never dream of bothering Sky's presenters or ambassadors from the rail. :)
  • edited January 2014
    i can understand still being conservitive, if your going to get it in, you would like too have at least have some value in your two cards, its very easy too watch your chips drain away on the chase and not have enough too take her head, and not have a chance, u still have too try and build and have more chips so u can pick the right spot to get your chips in against her.

thats my opinion.

still in, went down too 800 but back up too 2800.
  • edited January 2014
    well done polarized good luck at the UKPC
  • edited January 2014
    Congrats to the seat winner, Polarized. Wonder if they knew about the promotion before getting seated at the table? I guess they do now. Shame it wasn't me, but, that was a great experience and some fun for a few quid. Seahawks for the win. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham.
  • edited January 2014
    Great analyst neil channing

• edited January 2014

9:39 PM main mini both % main in mini

entered 584 615 207 35
    left 142 254 21  

sjl1973 9 48    
    PhilAny2_Q 12 131    
    DivsDreams 16 16    
    MrTnBizkit 18 154    
    hurst05 25 201    
    Ginginator 32 249    
    middys 40 209    
    jimblue 46 38    
    sheshon 51 202    
    redphoenix 61 78    
    rancid 69 178    
    Omen69 78 104    
    stickz19 89 190    
    Grae 96 136    
    mrparish82 115 73    
    mark626806 120 125    
    alex1229 128 21    
    MonkeyF 132 206    
    Goldtia 139 54    
    got180last 140 71    
    touchsmart 142 234    

• edited January 2014
    Great analyst neil channing
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Donk.  We have told you about punctuation.  Do you mean great analyst Neil Channing or great, analyst Neil Channing?  Just joking :)  Looking forwards to learning loads and loads tonight.  Are you going to do a special for Wrestlemania this year?  
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Show Thread - Boycey is back, & a £1,100 UKPC Seat on offer. + Lord Grumpy* : Donk.  We have told you about punctuation.  Do you mean great analyst Neil Channing or great, analyst Neil Channing?  Just joking :)  Looking forwards to learning loads and loads tonight.  Are you going to do a special for Wrestlemania this year?  
    Posted by cenachav
    NO!

Cenachav may be joking. I, however, am not.

Sort it out Donk!