You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority stuff

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
Not quite an IDCU, "I made priority brag" :)

Just a couple of things

I believe there are a couple of priority freerolls?
Do you get emailed to tell you when they are?

Anything else that might be worth knowing?

Comments

• edited February 2014
    *waves white flag* - there's a tournament you should already be registered in automatically that's on tomorrow.  Also...

Bubble Insurance

As a Priority member, you will be protected from the bubble in the nightly main tournaments with Priority Bubble Insurance! 

If any Priority member bubbles, we'll refund them their buy-in! If you're in Priority Silver you're protected for the bubble +1, and whats more, if you're in Priority Gold you're protected for the bubble +2!

Live Events

As a Priority member, you're entitled to Priority treatment at live events.

As a minimum, we'll refund you 50% of your reg fee if your a Priority Bronze member, or 100% of your reg fee if you're in Silver or Gold.

To add to this, you'll have chance to meet the team, and on occasion we'll throw in some added extras which could include VIP room access, Priority last-longer competitions and complimentary massages! 

Jackpot Boost

This one is just for Priority Silver and Gold members.

If a Priority Silver member wins any amount with the Final Table Jackpot, we'll boost it by 10%. If a Priority Gold member wins anything with the Final Table Jackpot, we'll boost their Jackpot win by 20%. This could potentially be an extra £1,000 in your back pocket!

UKOPS

This one is specifically for Priority Gold members.

We will refund all Registration Fees paid for Direct buy-ins to UKOPS Main Events, making the great series of tournaments even better value!

Loyalty Freerolls

Along with the usual Priority Freerolls and Priority Jackpot, by making Priority, you will qualify for 3 new loyalty freerolls, available to the customers earning more than a pre-set amount of points, worth £12,000! Details of the points boundaries are yet to be confirmed, but we can assure you that as a Priority Member, you'll qualify for all three!
  • edited February 2014
    Why havent sky got all that stuff on their priority page? 

They not think it would make people want to try and get 10k+ points? 

I cant get my head around this lol wpwp
  • edited February 2014
    Had an email from sky yesterday about a % boost this month on points eg im sure everyone else had it.

10000 in 14 days get 10% boost on your final cash for points.

30000 in 14 days get 20% boost on your final cash for points.

Now that happy hours have gone i think this is the worse offer ive ever received from priority.

If i earned the 30000 in 14 days basically i would get £1k + 20% which is £200 extra , now ill be surprised if any player actually looks at this and goes for it hardly something thats gunna make you go out your way for.

Im not sure if that bubble insurance will cover priority freerolls pat.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff:
    Had an email from sky yesterday about a % boost this month on points eg im sure everyone else had it. 10000 in 14 days get 10% boost on your final cash for points. 30000 in 14 days get 20% boost on your final cash for points. Now that happy hours have gone i think this is the worse offer ive ever received from priority. If i earned the 30000 in 14 days basically i would get £1k + 20% which is £200 extra , now ill be surprised if any player actually looks at this and goes for it hardly something thats gunna make you go out your way for. Im not sure if that bubble insurance will cover priority freerolls pat.
    Posted by kidwiz10

Do you ever not moan?
  • edited February 2014

It sounds mental to want to do so and if a lot of people want to there must be a fault in the system, but can't you just opt out of the priority club 'promotion' ?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : Do you ever not moan?
    Posted by gazza127
    Gazza obviously you dont put in the hours to even make priority so you got no say in this,

I am not moaning im stating a point that i think this is wrong of sky to remove happy hours then send out an email saying do this and we will give you so and so when the object of what you have to do is just crazy.

10k in 14 days yes not hard but 30k just a bit of a joke those who finished top of the ps4 leaderbord only had 34k in a months play and they play most the levels and alot of hours but bein asked to do this in half the time and no extra points boost for extra couple hundred is a bit stupid.

Hey dohh if i could honestly opt out the "priority system" and do the other promos that are goin on id do it in a flash ,since the points change and besides the priority freerolls there isnt anything else in priority worth bein in it for, but yea you would have to be crazy to go ohh look 20% increase! yet thats only about £200 extra if you play a mixtures of games so nothing special.

• edited February 2014
    if i could honestly opt out the "priority system" and do the other promos that are goin on id do it in a flash
    Posted by kidwiz10
    You should start a thread requesting this, because sky will have to take note. It's a farce that priority members feel they're losing out by being in priority club. haha.

Have you read the Ts n Cs to make sure you can't?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : Gazza obviously you dont put in the hours to even make priority so you got no say in this, I am not moaning im stating a point that i think this is wrong of sky to remove happy hours then send out an email saying do this and we will give you so and so when the object of what you have to do is just crazy. 10k in 14 days yes not hard but 30k just a bit of a joke those who finished top of the ps4 leaderbord only had 34k in a months play and they play most the levels and alot of hours but bein asked to do this in half the time and no extra points boost for extra couple hundred is a bit stupid. Hey dohh if i could honestly opt out the "priority system" and do the other promos that are goin on id do it in a flash ,since the points change and besides the priority freerolls there isnt anything else in priority worth bein in it for, but yea you would have to be crazy to go ohh look 20% increase! yet thats only about £200 extra if you play a mixtures of games so nothing special.  
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Stopped reading after this.  I was in priority in January.

That is all.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : You should start a thread requesting this, because sky will have to take note. It's a farce that prority members feel they're being treated worse than non-priority members. haha. Have you read the Ts n Cs to make sure you can't?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Aha yea it is a farce and it makes me laugh when i see players who complain about the promos that are goin on yet bein in priority you dont get anything for bein in it which i wont be alone on this.

As long as it wouldnt effect my cash for points payouts id opt out straight away lol , saying that ill actually give them a ring monday to see if this is possible doubt it is because next month you wouldnt see anyone in priority ha
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : Stopped reading after this.  I was in priority in January. That is all.
    Posted by gazza127
    Ha not even gunna get into detail with you those who make 20k/30k most months dont get anything extra then basically get asked " slug your as s off pay us so much more rake and we will give you 1/10 of your bonus payout on top just things its wrong and cheeky in all honest to receive such an email.

Reason i feel its not fair is because those in priority last month wernt aloud in the ps4 leaderboard will be treated the same as those who were aloud in it this month.
    My points total last month would have easily have won me a ps4 same with alot of other players yet nothing seems to be done about this and these great new promos again this month (non priority again) but nothing extra or something to go for existing priority members.
  • edited February 2014
    Well done pal and good luck in the playstation freeroll.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : Aha yea it is a farce and it makes me laugh when i see players who complain about the promos that are goin on yet bein in priority you dont get anything for bein in it which i wont be alone on this. As long as it wouldnt effect my cash for points payouts id opt out straight away lol , saying that ill actually give them a ring monday to see if this is possible doubt it is because next month you wouldnt see anyone in priority ha
    Posted by kidwiz10

You can't have it both ways m8! ;)

If you get more rakeback being in prio it can't be that bad :P
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : You can't have it both ways m8! ;) If you get more rakeback being in prio it can't be that bad :P
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Ha i know what your saying fella but sky have these promos to bring new players to the site right?
    If all those big grinders stop grinding sky wouldnt make any money so the big grinders are just as valuble but get treated completed different.

Gotta play nerly every day 10 hour days to get 30k mate so only worfit if you put the time in lol
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : You can't have it both ways m8! ;) If you get more rakeback being in prio it can't be that bad :P
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    There should be an opt out option for priority there is no doubt about that. But saying you should be penalised for opting out in terms of rakeback percentages is wrong. You have to get 30k points to match what an RTR player gets as a percentage from their first point anyway. 

As a suggestion sky could offer players who rake less than 12k points the option to opt out of all prio promotions/freerolls. Then no one can moan about this ridiculous situation (where for the second month in a row) where it is more beneficial to be in the non prio rake races than the current prio benefits which include a 10% uplift in rewards payments if you hit 10k after 10 days. 

ALSO, sky need to roll out the promos for prio and non prio players at the same time allowing each player to make an informed decision about which route to take at the end of each month.

Finally gazza is right that the forum isnt the place to vent your spleen kid. I am sure it is not intended but you can come across as a bit selfish especially to more recreational players. Sky have dedicated account managers for all prio players, use this. They do listen and where possible take action. Dont worry, I will be on this case early in the new week.
  • edited February 2014
    The boost actually works out at an extra 6% for 30k and 3% for 10k in the first 15 days.  Takes alot for me not to grind here but unfortunately its come to that.

fwiw I would definetly opt out priority club if I could.  Just feels like we are getting penalised for playing more.
  • edited February 2014
    No, you're not getting penalised, you're getting rewarded as much as you were before.

It's just that some others are getting rewarded a bit more over Jan & Feb. There's been promotions geared towards priority players in the past. You yourself have won numerous "rake races". Why shouldn't those players a little bit below that level have their day in the sun for a little while?
  • edited February 2014
    Why aren't we allowed to compete?  Cos we rake more?
  • edited February 2014
    To share the promotions around, I thought that had been made completely clear on numerous occasions.
  • edited February 2014
    So lower rakers compete for bigger prizes?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Priority stuff:
    Not quite an IDCU, "I made priority brag" :) Just a couple of things I believe there are a couple of priority freerolls? Do you get emailed to tell you when they are? Anything else that might be worth knowing?
    Posted by Jac35

• edited February 2014
    So lower rakers compete for bigger prizes?
    Posted by Donttelmum

On this occasion, yes.

Do you think all the promotions should be based towards a couple of hundred players?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : On this occasion, yes. Do you think all the promotions should be based towards a couple of hundred players?
    Posted by FCHD
    Were priority players allowed to compete in the ps4 promotion?
  • edited February 2014
    Are other players allowed to participate in the priority freerolls, or get the other benefits that you get in priority?

Do priority players get a huge leap in their rewards returns when they hit 10,000 points?

Are you that greedy that everything has to revolve around you?

Do you not appreciate that the number of priority club members is a small fraction of Sky's overall player base (Yes I know it's the most profitable fraction, but it's still a fraction)

(I'm never going to be able to make more than a couple of hundred points a month so won't benefit from the bulk of the promotions, and that's fair enough. It so happens that there are the two freerolls based around getting 10 points this month so I'll have a go at them. I have no problem with the higher ranking players getting the bulk of the promotions, in both quantity and quality, but I do welcome that Sky are sharing around the benefits and that this time, for 2 months, the very big hitters are being excluded.)
  • edited February 2014
    Are you that greedy and want all the promotions to revolve around you?

So you've never been in priority?  Yet you go on about how great it is.  Well here's a fact for you...it's not!
  • edited February 2014
    Jac there are two freerolls.

You aren't automatically entered so need to check the lobby to enter manually.  I believe they are on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.  I never get emails, but I believe the majority of people do get a gentle reminder closer to the time.
  • edited February 2014
    Why aren't we allowed to compete?  Cos we rake more?
    Posted by Donttelmum

The way I understand it works is that everyone who rakes over 1000 points gets put in a tourney, then everyone who rakes over 2000 gets put in a 2nd tourney, then everyone who rakes over 3000 gets puts in a 3rd tourny

In other words, if you rake over 3000 points which, priority plays would, you get put in all 3 tournaments. The promotion doesn't exclude priority players it just includes more low stakes players.

• edited February 2014
    Jac there are two freerolls. You aren't automatically entered so need to check the lobby to enter manually.  I believe they are on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.  I never get emails, but I believe the majority of people do get a gentle reminder closer to the time.
    Posted by gazza127
    Thank you 
  • edited February 2014
    Hey all,

For those of you I haven't already spoken to, I'm John Paul from the Priority Team.

In January alone, we gave away 4 PS4s, an iPad Air, 6 iPad minis, 3 UKPC packages and £3,000 in the form of the Priority Freerolls, and a load of UKPC Sat. seats. All of these prizes were exclusive to Priority Club members.

For details on Priority promotions, I'd reccomend taking a look at www.skypoker.com/priority

I'd love to know what you guys would like to see from the Priority club. What mechanics do you think work well, and what prizes would you like to receive?

I am the Priority Club account manager, so if anyone has anything they'd like to speak to me about personally, feel free to email priority@sky.com and I'll be back in touch ASAP.

Cheers
    JP
  • edited February 2014
    Hi JP,

Just letting you know the Prio Jackpot table hasn't been updated so doesn't have the main and mini winners for Dec or Jan... gotta get my name on the list :p

I'm planning on the winning the Prio main this month for the jackpot btw ;)
  • edited February 2014
    Hi JP, Just letting you know the Prio Jackpot table hasn't been updated so doesn't have the main and mini winners for Dec or Jan... gotta get my name on the list :p I'm planning on the winning the Prio main this month for the jackpot btw ;)
    Posted by Lambert180

Hi Lambert,

Well spotted. However, the Freeroll Jackpot was won by JoeySmooth on the 21st!

The page on the site will be updated ASAP.

You'll just have to win the Mini and the Main this month instead!