You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority stuff

2»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Why have you got two priority pages, the page u linked too nobody knows about because its not in the promotions page,

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/priority?dcmp=p_pr_prio

needs changing to have all the up to date info on it
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff:
    Hey all, For those of you I haven't already spoken to, I'm John Paul from the Priority Team. In January alone, we gave away 4 PS4s, an iPad Air, 6 iPad minis, 3 UKPC packages and £3,000 in the form of the Priority Freerolls, and a load of UKPC Sat. seats. All of these prizes were exclusive to Priority Club members. For details on Priority promotions, I'd reccomend taking a look at  www.skypoker.com/priority .  I'd love to know what you guys would like to see from the Priority club. What mechanics do you think work well, and what prizes would you like to receive? I am the Priority Club account manager, so if anyone has anything they'd like to speak to me about personally, feel free to email priority@sky.com and I'll be back in touch ASAP. Cheers JP
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Hi John Paul

We have previously discussed at length the issues with the lower levels of the priority club and the promotions that are available to non priority players.

For the last two months if you are going to rake a small amount more than 10k points, there is no doubt that the PS4 promotion and the 1k rake races make it more beneficial not to be in priority (certainly for those getting between 10-15k). One of the promotions that priority customers have been offered this month gives a 10% enhancement to the rewards payout for raking 10k points by the 14th February. I am sorry, but the thought of a £30-£50 extra rewards payment for playing insane volume versus a chance of a 1k payout only makes me conclude that sky are getting this hopelessly wrong.

If sky persist with such promotions in future, as I said earlier in this thread they should allow players who rake less than 12k points to opt out of priority. There is a sizeable minority that this affects, not just me so I am trying to be constructive rather than come across as me, me me all the time.

With legalisation in the US, the american players will soon come back on stream, that will mean many opportunities to play on other sites that have bigger players pools with soft games, and if sky dont look after their volume players they will play elsewhere.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : Hi John Paul We have previously discussed at length the issues with the lower levels of the priority club and the promotions that are available to non priority players. For the last two months if you are going to rake a small amount more than 10k points, there is no doubt that the PS4 promotion and the 1k rake races make it more beneficial not to be in priority (certainly for those getting between 10-15k). One of the promotions that priority customers have been offered this month gives a 10% enhancement to the rewards payout for raking 10k points by the 14th February. I am sorry, but the thought of a £30-£50 extra rewards payment for playing insane volume versus a chance of a 1k payout only makes me conclude that sky are getting this hopelessly wrong. If sky persist with such promotions in future, as I said earlier in this thread they should allow players who rake less than 12k points to opt out of priority. There is a sizeable minority that this affects, not just me so I am trying to be constructive rather than come across as me, me me all the time. With legalisation in the US, the american players will soon come back on stream, that will mean many opportunities to play on other sites that have bigger players pools with soft games, and if sky dont look after their volume players they will play elsewhere.
    Posted by ACEGOONER

Hey,

The idea of this month's promotion is that everyone who hits the target will be rewarded. Over the last few month's we've awarded prizes with freerolls, which is certainly better than a prizedraw, but only benefits the winners of the freerolls. A few players weren't to keen on this but would this be something you'd prefer?

If Priority were to run the exact same promotion as the current full site promotion, just for Priority customers, the majority of the Priority base would not benefit. The same would happen if we ran a promotion for the full customer base, including Priority.

We are, however, running a promotion starting on the 15th of this month, in which Priority customers are not excluded. 

• edited February 2014
    Hye JP gotta agree with gooner who is gunna go out there way for an extra £50/£100 and have to put insane hours for.

The bronze/silver/gold freerolls in january for the 10/20/30k points that players got were great freerolls think the silver and gold had 11 and 14 players with 4 prizes in each of them this was a great add.

But this month i do feel a bit annoyed knowing i got 30k+ points last month but wont be rewarded any more better than someone who just scraped 10k points when last month there would have been rewards for this.

Also what gooner said about the opting out the priority should be an option at a certain points tally as nothing against you or priority itself but the rewards for putting in insane hours is just not worth it feels like theres no incentive to actually go full out.

My opinion on good adds to priority to reward those who actually pay alot of rake to sky would be to reward them based on points for that month in brackets.

Should have seperate freerolls for those who reach certain targets not like the £4k freerolls that are gunna happen end of this month where there is gunna be like 1000+ players which are gunna be in no intrest to most regs eg.

So players who reach 20k or 30k should be treated differently for a reward..

£4k freeroll if you reach 20k points

£6k freeroll if you reach 30k points

Or these could be made for prizes with a cash option to the equivalent if wanted.

Things like this would make me actually go ohh wont be many making 30k+ points in a month if i make this i got a good chance at a nice prize eg.

Just think that priority needs to reward those who make big tallys month in and out like you see on other sites or as it was pointed out will eventually go somewhere else.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority stuff : Hey, The idea of this month's promotion is that everyone who hits the target will be rewarded. Over the last few month's we've awarded prizes with freerolls, which is certainly better than a prizedraw, but only benefits the winners of the freerolls. A few players weren't to keen on this but would this be something you'd prefer? If Priority were to run the exact same promotion as the current full site promotion, just for Priority customers, the majority of the Priority base would not benefit. The same would happen if we ran a promotion for the full customer base, including Priority. We are, however, running a promotion starting on the 15th of this month, in which Priority customers are not excluded. 
    Posted by Sky_JP

I was in priority in January.  There were added freerolls (1 for Bronze, 1 for Silver + 1 for Gold), which gave prizes out like a PS4 or Ipad etc etc.

I think adding these freerolls in each month would boost my motivation to try and hit 10k points each month.  Being entered into a smallish field with say a 1/5 or 1/10 chance of winning something apart from money is a great incentive.  Possibly change the prizes each month to liven things up.  Have a holiday up for grabs one month etc.  I know you had a UKPC seat up for grabs this month, however this obviously only benefited 1 person.

I must say, having made priority for the first time last month, I was a bit dissapointed.  Yes I got a little bit more of money back due to rake back, but imo there needs to be more than just 2 freerolls to motivate people.

You may argue you have other incentives, however none of them affected me in any way.:

Jackpot bonus - How many people have actually got this?  Id be willing to guess I could count them on my left hand.
    Bubble insurance in ME - Not going to motivate me to grind this or any month.
    Live Events - Apart from the fact that there isnt a live event each month rendering this 'selling point' irrelevant most months, a lot of people cant make the events anyway.
    Apparently I got an account manager or something with a direct line? - I did not recieve a single email, text or anything saying I had this person, nor did I ever need the use of such a person.

Its simple IMO.  Remove some of these smaller unneccesary features noone is going to care about and stick the money into some other decent incentives which will get people wanting to reach 10k points, rather than people hesitating before 10k and asking themselves 'is it worth it?' or 'is there going to be a better promotion if i don't make it?'

Im trying not to sound like one of those people asking for more freerolls, trying to get something for nothing.   Im just saying that maybe money could be spent more wisely.

If it hadnt been for my birthday in January, receiving £50 free from Sky, I feel like the whole priority thing would have washed right by me unnoticed.

I'll need to see some improvement to priority before considering trying to reach 10k points again.

Im sure many people will disagree with me, but its just my opinion.