You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Self-Inflicted Bankroll Challenge

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Self-Inflicted Bankroll Challenge:
    Oh don't worry - I intend to bore people to death on this thread lol I'm so fed up of reading posts about sites being rigged etc that I'm trying to prove a positive point here and make no apologies to anyone for that 
    Posted by darich

Good Work Darich.. You know how abysmal my br management skills are so I shall be following your example in the new year!

DISCIPLINE EEK!!

VGL xx
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks Lisa.

Can't deny it's not a bit boring, but I've got my game face on - quite fancy the challenge to be honest. Still find poker fun at whatever level anyway, so that's not a problem....if the thread goes quiet, you know I've reloaded! ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks Lisa. Can't deny it's not a bit boring, but I've got my game face on - quite fancy the challenge to be honest. Still find poker fun at whatever level anyway, so that's not a problem....if the thread goes quiet, you know I've reloaded! ;-)
    Posted by darich

Yup. Me too I enjoy the poker, the challenge and the banter.. But if I go quiet I am either eating or sleeping.. If I randomly enter the 110 tourney then I'VE reloaded.. prob for about £110.. er.. Not quite getting the point of BR management am i? ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Self-Inflicted Bankroll Challenge : Yup. Me too I enjoy the poker, the challenge and the banter.. But if I go quiet I am either eating or sleeping.. If I randomly enter the 110 tourney then I'VE reloaded.. prob for about £110.. er.. Not quite getting the point of BR management am i? ;)
    Posted by LML
    Hehe, I guess there's another school of thought that if you have enough cash to play in a tourny and you really want to, then just play it....after all....if I have £50 and want to go on a night out, I don't just spend 5% of it...hmmm I'm contradicting my own thread here....and I'm logging off before I discombobulate and play a 20 quid dym and think "h ell to it" ;-) 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Self-Inflicted Bankroll Challenge : Hehe, I guess there's another school of thought that if you have enough cash to play in a tourny and you really want to, then just play it....after all....if I have £50 and want to go on a night out, I don't just spend 5% of it...hmmm I'm contradicting my own thread here....and I'm logging off before I discombobulate and play a 20 quid dym and think "h ell to it" ;-) 
    Posted by darich
    lol.. Probably best Rich.. probably best!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi darich
    Enjoyed your company as well as all the others (you know who u are. lol) on saturday night on the lower levels

Good luck with your quest.
  • edited December 2009
    Hey Darich - looking forward to your next update
  • edited December 2009

Good luck with your challenge Darich, look forward to the updates and hopefully the bankroll will increase.

Ross

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Self-Inflicted Bankroll Challenge : Yup. Me too I enjoy the poker, the challenge and the banter.. But if I go quiet I am either eating or sleeping.. If I randomly enter the 110 tourney then I'VE reloaded.. prob for about £110.. er.. Not quite getting the point of BR management am i? ;)
    Posted by LML
    Er.... you may be overdoing it just by a little bit ;)
  • edited December 2009

Yesterday, I played a £2 dym with the dym gang and doubled up, but then bubbled in a 10 man stt.

Played 2p/4p cash and lost to 56 with jacks, so now down to £20.78, but hoping to get something from the tko freeroll...

Still thinking positively!

• edited December 2009
    Keep grinding and all the best In the freeroll
  • edited December 2009
    I love these bankroll challenges, ive done many myself.

try satting into tournies for as cheap as you can.

1 deepish run makes the whole difference.

When i did my last challenge, id grind all day and if i made say £2 profit, id use that for a sat, and then try and hit the jackpot!lol

Good luck mate
  • edited December 2009
    I do the same as Dantb10 did during his bankroll challenge.
    I play the low limit DYM games and if I have had a good run then I am off to find a sat for the big MTT.
    Doing things this way has helped me cash in the MTT at least once a month and helped to pay some of the unwelcome bills that arrive at the same time.
    I still have a lot of fun playing the low limit games and move between the 60p DYM games to the £1.15 DYM games depending on my mood at the time I am playing.
  • edited December 2009
    Well - bit of a roller coaster today, but have ended on £37.29 - so am happy enough with that...thanks for the additional posts chaps. I'm mixing it up a bit (a few stts/low level cash) - will try to look for a satellite tomorrow
  • edited December 2009
    All this advice about 60p DYM is a terrible idea, dont listen to it,i talk from experience,the way to go is the 2p/4p cash tables, these 60p DYM tables have a 20% rake attached,and with a low bankroll you dont have the funds to support a 20% givaway each time,even the mentors in TP are only taking 10% lol put £4 or £5 down on the low cash tables and build your bank roll up, and do not go up a level until you have £100 and then only to the 4p/8p tables. Grimstar30 gives a very valuable piece of advice too, use the freeroll tournies as well such as super6 etc
    Posted by loonytoons
    + 1

DYM at 60p means 5 games cost £3 - if you only cash 3 x you stand still! - As I keep saying they are rake builders not roll builders!

So as Loon says - go to the cash instead or  at least go for the 12/12 or 30 seater SNG's - if you do the 35p BH yes you still pay a huge % in rake BUT you can make a serious return on your investment!

And again freerolls are vital to building your roll - esp the ones that offer entry into main event tournies.

I was on ZERO the day that Omaha started on sky and won a place in the 10+1 BH 8pm tournie through an Omaha Freeroll - I cashed and went to the cash tables and reg SNG and tournies - within 2 weeks I was up to £400 - I seriously doubt that would be possible playing DYM's.
  • edited December 2009
    Am now on £30.18 - slow progress, but I haven't reloaded or gone bust yet!
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
    Slow is the way to go!

gl
  • edited December 2009
    onwards and upwards
  • edited December 2009
    Just entered and won the 7.15 omaha mtt - 5 quid to 80 quid - br boosted to £110.08!!
  • edited December 2009
    Just entered and won the 7.15 omaha mtt - 5 quid to 80 quid - br boosted to £110.08!!
    Posted by darich
    awesome play, wd 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Self-Inflicted Bankroll Challenge : awesome play, wd 
    Posted by hawk7112
    thank you - and thanks to both you and rats for the railing!
  • edited December 2009
    EXCELLENT, VWD
  • edited December 2009
    EXCELLENT, VWD
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    thanks bandicoot!
  • edited December 2009

Vwd Darich! Here's the proof - one I found earlier!

When of course it's approved!

Chuffed for you!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Excellent result - thoroughly deserved.
    Your profit grsph is going in the right direction and I'm sure that it will continue to do so.
  • edited January 2010
    Am sure nobody's overly interested, but I thought I best provide an update here, or you'd take it as read, I'd gone bust ;-)

Thanks to a 3rd in the 8.15 DP last night and the cash for points today, having dropped back to £75, I'm now back up to £129.16
  • edited January 2010
    Lol I was wondering! Gl In whatever you play next
  • edited January 2010
    Am sure nobody's overly interested, but I thought I best provide an update here, or you'd take it as read, I'd gone bust ;-) Thanks to a 3rd in the 8.15 DP last night and the cash for points today, having dropped back to £75, I'm now back up to £129.16
    Posted by darich

You played well last night mate and obtained a good result.  Onward and upwards
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Self-Inflicted Bankroll Challenge : + 1 DYM at 60p means 5 games cost £3 - if you only cash 3 x you stand still! - As I keep saying they are rake builders not roll builders! So as Loon says - go to the cash instead or  at least go for the 12/12 or 30 seater SNG's - if you do the 35p BH yes you still pay a huge % in rake BUT you can make a serious return on your investment! And again freerolls are vital to building your roll - esp the ones that offer entry into main event tournies. I was on ZERO the day that Omaha started on sky and won a place in the 10+1 BH 8pm tournie through an Omaha Freeroll - I cashed and went to the cash tables and reg SNG and tournies - within 2 weeks I was up to £400 - I seriously doubt that would be possible playing DYM's.
    Posted by Rattious
    yo, i started playing poker by depositing £5... found i could win at 30p dym, moved up each level and now play 3.30 dym and have made a decent amount :)... so it is possible.