You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

need clarification

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
reg'd for the 30k super roller direct i was the first player to do so.
as the clock ticks down i am still the only player. clock goes to zero and the tournament is cancelled.
i get my money back even though it said one seat guarenteed.
shouldnt i have got the seat in the roller because it states one seat is guarenteed.
i have been in satelites before where there are only two of us and either i knock him out or he knocks me out and awarded a seat. so there can not be an issue with meeting the £110

Comments

• edited February 2014
    no its correct that u just get ur money back, wp
  • edited February 2014
    but why say there is one seat guarenteed if there is not a seat guarenteed
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification:
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    I believe sats for the tournaments need 3 players minimum to start - otherwise they're cancelled
  • edited February 2014
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    there is one seat guarenteed but there needs to be more than you enter, they arnt just going to give u a seat for doing nothing.
  • edited February 2014
    please dont take this as a gripe or one of the i hate sky brigade because i love playing on this site, but dont say one seat guarenteed if a seat is not guarenteed without mention of there needing atleast 3 players to register.anybody knows of where it states this?
    maybe im in a bad mood for busting out of the ukpc and then regging the main and main and flopping a full house and the other guy rivers a bigger full and then had hits a 3 outer on the river in the mini
    some days hey
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification : there is one seat guarenteed but there needs to be more than you enter, they arnt just going to give u a seat for doing nothing.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    could you explain overlay in a tournament then? isnt that exactly the same
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification : could you explain overlay in a tournament then? isnt that exactly the same
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    so if theres a £5000 gtd mtt tommorow and only you enters becuase everyones computers break down would you expect to be handed 5k???
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification : so if theres a £5000 gtd mtt tommorow and only you enters becuase everyones computers break down would you expect to be handed 5k???
    Posted by THEROCK573
    yes its not my fault.
     you are not getting the min point of my question! dont put in big bold letters ONE SEAT GUARENTEED if there isnt a seat guarenteed.
    like when playing the £50 rebuy at dtd wednesday night there were 20 seats guarenteed, and in the small print of the tournament structure there is a qoute "10 playerss need to register or the tournament is cancelled, there is nothing of this nature when you regster for a satellite on this site.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification : yes its not my fault.  you are not getting the min point of my question! dont put in big bold letters ONE SEAT GUARENTEED if there isnt a seat guarenteed. like when playing the £50 rebuy at dtd wednesday night there were 20 seats guarenteed, and in the small print of the tournament structure there is a qoute "10 playerss need to register or the tournament is cancelled, there is nothing of this nature when you regster for a satellite on this site.
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    there is "ONE GUARANTEED SEAT" if the tournament acutally runs. it didnt run though becuase only you entered, cant be to hard to understand surely.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification : there is "ONE GUARANTEED SEAT" if the tournament acutally runs. it didnt run though becuase only you entered, cant be to hard to understand surely.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    seriously biting my tongue here!

did you not see that i mentioned the small print, there is nothing to say that more than 1 player needs to be registered

cant be hard to understand surely
  • edited February 2014
    Rock your speaking to a wall obviously he doesnt get it lol

Anyone with common sense would know that you need 2 players+ to start a tourney.
  • edited February 2014
    Rock your speaking to a wall obviously he doesnt get it lol Anyone with common sense would know that you need 2 players+ to start a tourney.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    a 6 year old school kid would understand, i give up.
  • edited February 2014
    this is the reason why i dont post on this forum. has anybody actually given me any clarification whether or not i was the only person that entered the tournie is besides the fact.  it doesnt say anymore than 1 player needs to register and there is one seat guarenteed.
    you just want to either constantly give people the rub down and build your egos, i dont find anything i have said to have deserved any of your c rap.
    i read quite a bit on the forum and some of the posters i find informative and respectful but i find that the pair of you never really have anything constructive to say. just criticise for the sake of it, then as soon as one of the more respected forum members berate you, you just quickly reply with a backtracking comment.
     you must live very sheltered lifestyles. feel sorry for you both that you feel the need to do this on a regular basis, bullied as a child maybe?
  • edited February 2014

Take it up with customer service rather than on the forum.
  • edited February 2014
    You said yourself that you was the only person registered for the mtt, its not hard to understand that you need at least 1 more player to play for the seat then this is where overlay comes in.

You cant expect sky to just give you the seat because your the only player in the tourney thats just daft to think such a thing dont think sky really need to point this out think its jsut where common sense comes in.

And yes some of my posts are pretty humerous at times because when you have ppl post "its fixed" but yea still play on the site or ask silly questions to the point where you come across as not bein serious but actually are then yea so be it.

Go play cash on your own heads up and tell me how much you winthen come back to me.
  • edited February 2014
    this is the reason why i dont post on this forum. has anybody actually given me any clarification whether or not i was the only person that entered the tournie is besides the fact.  it doesnt say anymore than 1 player needs to register and there is one seat guarenteed. you just want to either constantly give people the rub down and build your egos, i dont find anything i have said to have deserved any of your c rap. i read quite a bit on the forum and some of the posters i find informative and respectful but i find that the pair of you never really have anything constructive to say. just criticise for the sake of it, then as soon as one of the more respected forum members berate you, you just quickly reply with a backtracking comment.  you must live very sheltered lifestyles. feel sorry for you both that you feel the need to do this on a regular basis, bullied as a child maybe?
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    no regs have ever berated me on here  for a start, i try to help anybody if i can, ive told you the reason why you dont win the seat, all you wanna do is argue, ur correct it doesnt say there needs to be more than 1 player entering for the seat to be guarenteed becuase quite frankly anybody with any common sence would realise that a tournament is not going to run without having at least 2 players in it hence the reason why u were refunded and the tournament was cancelled.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification : no regs have ever berated me on here  for a start, i try to help anybody if i can, ive told you the reason why you dont win the seat, all you wanna do is argue, ur correct it doesnt say there needs to be more than 1 player entering for the seat to be guarenteed becuase quite frankly anybody with any common sence would realise that a tournament is not going to run without having at least 2 players in it hence the reason why u were refunded and the tournament was cancelled.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    please state where i have tried to argue, we could start the old panto "oh no i didnt" back and forth all night, i got better things to do like reg for sats and get my money back,
    im going to have to take it to cc tomorrow, i just wnderedd wether somebody else had come across this before troubling them with it.
    maybe im going to have to moan about connection issues to get on your side in future.
    much love and sweet dreams
    booboo
  • edited February 2014
    This whole thread is ridiculous.

• edited February 2014
    I do understand your point Booboo.

TheRock is right though, I'm afraid. There will never be a situation where you are just given the seat.
    I do think that there should be better wording in place from Sky. Realistically, Sky would not be in business long if they, for example gave away a £110 seat for £10 on a regular basis.

By all means, ring CC. Unfortuanately to be honest with you, I don't think you will get an answer that you like.
  • edited February 2014
    I'm fairly sure these sats do have the wording (minimum of 3 runners)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification : please state where i have tried to argue, we could start the old panto "oh no i didnt" back and forth all night, i got better things to do like reg for sats and get my money back, im going to have to take it to cc tomorrow, i just wnderedd wether somebody else had come across this before troubling them with it. maybe im going to have to moan about connection issues to get on your side in future. much love and sweet dreams booboo
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    good luck with customer care, i no 100% certian they will just repeat what i have said already
  • edited February 2014
    that said looking at the 2250 30K  roller sat the wording isn't there unusually
  • edited February 2014
    I do understand your point Booboo. TheRock is right though, I'm afraid. There will never be a situation where you are just given the seat. I do think that there should be better wording in place from Sky. Realistically, Sky would not be in business long if they, for example gave away a £110 seat for £10 on a regular basis. By all means, ring CC. Unfortuanately to be honest with you, I don't think you will get an answer that you like.
    Posted by Jac35

thx jac,
    maybe thats my point, better wording, not all tournies make guarantee thats the risk they take with putting them on.
    i didnt want to get into this, i just wanted to know if anybody had come across this before, i was sure that somebody was pretty much given a seat before but must have pre registered the main and then decided to play the satellite. i seen that he was in the sat went to reg, was too late and then went and had a look in the main event lobby.
    i dont think i will get any joy out of cc, thats why i asked on here.
  • edited February 2014
    that said looking at the 2250 30K  roller sat the wording isn't there unusually
    Posted by Lightwood
    thats my point maybe just a typo but it doesnt say on any other sat aswell.
  • edited February 2014
    https://support.skypoker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/132

Terms of why they can cancel a tourny.  Hope this helps
  • edited February 2014
    https://support.skypoker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/132 Terms of why they can cancel a tourny.  Hope this helps
    Posted by cenachav
    thx cenechav, very vague reading, as with all terms and conditions lol! its the one seat guarenteed i had the problem with as if their promising something that isnt actually there, like when you go to tesco (other .supermarkets are available) and they have priced the item incorrectly, they then have to honour that price,
    im gong to leave it now because im doing my own head in aswell as other peoples.
    but once again thx for the info
  • edited February 2014

To buck the trend of shooting down the original poster, I actually agree with him, guaranteed SHOULD mean guaranteed.

IF there is a minimum numbers of players required, it should say so very clearly in the tournament description, if not it should certainly be stated in the terms and conditions of the site (I don't know if this is the case or not).  I have ion the past had this very argument with the head of customer care and have copies of Email correspondence where I was told they would change the lobbies to include the minimum number of players required, this has obviously not happened.

• edited February 2014
    lol this is jokes. How do you expect a tournament/satellite to run with less than 2 players? How do you expect to win a tournament that doesn't start? Incred
  • edited February 2014
    just been on pokerstars there, regged for a 30k guarentee, nobody bothered to play so they have credited my account with 30 grand. im retiring early.
  • edited February 2014
    To buck the trend of shooting down the original poster, I actually agree with him, guaranteed SHOULD mean guaranteed. IF there is a minimum numbers of players required, it should say so very clearly in the tournament description, if not it should certainly be stated in the terms and conditions of the site (I don't know if this is the case or not).  I have ion the past had this very argument with the head of customer care and have copies of Email correspondence where I was told they would change the lobbies to include the minimum number of players required, this has obviously not happened.
    Posted by Slykllist
    whey hey! hahaha! finally somebody agreed thank you very much, didnt have the chance to meet you at dtd, dont know whether to pop back over tomorrow to try and satellite for the 550 six max or go home with my tail between my legs!
    might see you tomorrow good night sir