You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

need clarification

2»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification:
    To buck the trend of shooting down the original poster, I actually agree with him, guaranteed SHOULD mean guaranteed. IF there is a minimum numbers of players required, it should say so very clearly in the tournament description, if not it should certainly be stated in the terms and conditions of the site (I don't know if this is the case or not).  I have ion the past had this very argument with the head of customer care and have copies of Email correspondence where I was told they would change the lobbies to include the minimum number of players required, this has obviously not happened.
    Posted by Slykllist
    thought u had more sence than this, its maybe not clear but u still cant expect money from a tourney that dosent even start to begin with
  • edited February 2014
    lol this is jokes. How do you expect a tournament/satellite to run with less than 2 players? How do you expect to win a tournament that doesn't start? Incred
    Posted by RyanC7
    I don't, I expect the site to get their descriptions correct
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification : thought u had more sence than this, its maybe not clear but u still cant expect money from a tourney that dosent even start to begin with
    Posted by THEROCK573[/QUOTe

it didnt start because they cancelled it,
    i understand that i cant play on my own.
    i understand that the poker site cant give away seats
    i understand that they cant throw away money tourney after tourney.
    what i dont agree with is the actual guarantee.
    the guarantee is there to attract players like the big buy in tournaments, if there was no guarantee, nobody shows!
    so when they guarantee something and they have overlay they take it on the chin and move on. like the ukipt in edinburgh,
    so dont guarantee a seat and cancell a sat if only one person registers,
    the point that you seem to keep going back to is not the point that i was trying to make, its all about the guarantee. like your warranty on a car, you wouldnt be happy if your car breaks down and they wouldnt fix it because they guaranteed you something.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification : thought u had more sence than this, its maybe not clear but u still cant expect money from a tourney that dosent even start to begin with
    Posted by THEROCK573
    See my previous reply to Ryan
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification :
    In Response to Re: need clarification : thought u had more sence than this, its maybe not clear but u still cant expect money from a tourney that dosent even start to begin with Posted by THEROCK573[/QUOTe it didnt start because they cancelled it, i understand that i cant play on my own. i understand that the poker site cant give away seats i understand that they cant throw away money tourney after tourney. what i dont agree with is the actual guarantee. the guarantee is there to attract players like the big buy in tournaments, if there was no guarantee, nobody shows! so when they guarantee something and they have overlay they take it on the chin and move on. like the ukipt in edinburgh, so dont guarantee a seat and cancell a sat if only one person registers, the point that you seem to keep going back to is not the point that i was trying to make, its all about the guarantee. like your warranty on a car, you wouldnt be happy if your car breaks down and they wouldnt fix it because they guaranteed you something.
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    I partially agree - personally I wouldn't expect the site to run a tournament with less than a minimum of say three runners, however...... if they are advertising the tournament as a guaranteed prizepool, I would 100% expect them to clearly define the terms under which that guarantee applies
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need clarification :
    In Response to Re: need clarification : thought u had more sence than this, its maybe not clear but u still cant expect money from a tourney that dosent even start to begin with Posted by THEROCK573[/QUOTe it didnt start because they cancelled it, i understand that i cant play on my own. i understand that the poker site cant give away seats i understand that they cant throw away money tourney after tourney. what i dont agree with is the actual guarantee. the guarantee is there to attract players like the big buy in tournaments, if there was no guarantee, nobody shows! so when they guarantee something and they have overlay they take it on the chin and move on. like the ukipt in edinburgh, so dont guarantee a seat and cancell a sat if only one person registers, the point that you seem to keep going back to is not the point that i was trying to make, its all about the guarantee. like your warranty on a car, you wouldnt be happy if your car breaks down and they wouldnt fix it because they guaranteed you something.
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    yes but the point you are missing is the guarenteed seat can only be awarded if the tournament actually loads up and starts. without any runners its not possible so where have they commited a crime. icant keep repeating myself any longer so that is my last word.
  • edited February 2014
    I stand by my original point.

This whole thread is ridiculous.